Just One Day (Bakudeku)

By Astranger015

Bakugou gets into some trouble with the law and is forced to do some community service at the local hospital... More

Trouble Maker
Community Service
Mystery Person
Home
Talking
Halloween Party
Confessions?
A Bad Day
Rival
A Pinky Promise
Phone Number
Thanksgiving Party
Toy Drive
Movie Night
Mistletoe
Christmas
New Years
Some Fun
Files
The Truth
First Date
Story Time
Decisions
We Need To Talk
Heartbreak
Heartache
Regrets
Together Again
Together Again (part two)
Prom Night
After Party
Cuddles
Just One Day
Blame
Tomorrow
Denial
A Kept Promise

Eri's Surgery

10.6K 479 400
By Astranger015

"Hi, Kacchan!" Izuku called out to the blonde entering the hospital. "Hey." Bakugou mumbled while walking over to the teen. He leaned in for a kiss but Izuku turned his head slightly making it so Bakugou kissed his cheek.

"Do you want to help me with the laundry?" Izuku asked while shaking the laundry basket filled with blankets and bedsheets. While shaking the bin he used his shoulder to wipe his cheek.

"...Fine." Bakugou mumbled and took the bin away from Izuku and started to walk to the laundry room located downstairs.

The two made it downstairs and Bakugou started to put the sheets in the washing machines while Izuku took the clothes out of the dryers and started to fold them.

Once Bakugou was done he walked over to Izuku and started to help him fold the clothes.

"Hey, Izuku." Bakugou said breaking the silence that was between the two. "Yeah?" "Is there something wrong?" Bakugou asked and Izuku just shook his head while looking down at the clothes he's folding. "Why would something be wrong?" "You've been avoiding me ever since that fight with your mom." Bakugou said and looked at the younger teen to see him tense slightly.

"...silly if I was avoiding you we wouldn't be down here together." Izuku smiled but the frown just grew on Bakugou's face. "You know that's not what I meant..." Bakugou told him and lowered the shirt Izuku was folding so he could stop and look up at him.

"You never told me what happened after I left. Did she say something to you?" Izuku kept his eyes down while he bit his lip. "Hey." Bakugou said gently and reached out to caress his cheek but he turned away. Bakugou pulled his hand back and stepped away from him. He turned back to the clothes on the table and started folding them again.

Izuku looked over at him guilt completely washing over him. He opened his mouth to say something but he quickly closed it and bit his lip. He looked back down and started folding the clothes again trying to think of what he should say.

"...Do you...not like me anymore?" Bakugou mumbled being the first one to break the silence yet again. Izuku's eyes went wide as he dropped the shirt he was going to fold.
"W-What!? Of course I still like you! Why would you ask me that!?" "Because! *sigh* You won't let me hold your hand, or hug you, or even kiss you anymore. If you still like me then whats wrong? You know you can tell me." Bakugou told him and Izuku frowned slightly.

"...You know how when we first meet I told you that I don't like physical contact..." Izuku said quietly while staring down at the floor. "Yeah...wait are you feeling uncomfortable now?" Bakugou asked him and Izuku slowly nodded his head. "I uh thought I could handle it but I guess not..." "*sigh* Why didn't you just say that?" Bakugou sighed out while combing his hand through his hair. "I really thought I did something wrong." He mumbled.

"So you're not upset?" Izuku asked while looking up at him. "Why would I be? I mean it would have been nice if you just told me instead of instantly shutting me out but if it makes you uncomfortable then I'll respect that." Izuku smiled at this making Bakugou smile as well.

"So I can't touch you at all?" Bakugou asked trying to see what Izuku will be comfortable with. Izuku reached out and wrapped his pinkie finger around Bakugou's finger. "I'm okay with a little contact." Izuku said and smiled up at him. "Let me know when I'm crossing a line, okay?" Bakugou told him and he nodded.

A Few Days Later
Bakugou walked into the kids area to see most of the kids playing together with some of the toys they got for Christmas. Izuku was there playing with them to keep them company.

Bakugou was about to join when he noticed Eri sitting by herself at one of the tables. She had a box of crayons laid out in front of her along with some pieces a paper. She had a frown on her face while taking a red crayon to color something in.

"Izuku." Bakugou whispered to the teen gaining his attention. "Yeah?" "What's up with the little brat?" He asked pointing his thumb behind his shoulder to point towards Eri. "Oh you don't know?" "Know what?" "She's having surgery in a few days. I'm pretty sure she's scared." Izuku explained to him making Bakugou glance back at the frowning little girl.

"Have you tried talking to her about it? You know like to calm her down and say she's going to be fine." Bakugou asked and Izuku just sighed. "I tried to but she wouldn't talk back to me all she did was nod her head. I told one of the nurses about it and she just told me to give her some space." "Well that's fucking stupid. I'm a go try." "Good luck." Izuku told him before he went over to Eri.

"Hey pipsqueak." Bakugou said to her and took a seat right next to her. "Hi Bakugou." She said quietly her focus still on the piece of paper she's drawing on. Bakugou looked at the drawing to see a bunch of colorful people like blobs fighting other colorful blobs.

"You drawing us as heroes again?" He asked and she nodded. "You drew my hair wrong again." Bakugou teased but she stayed quiet. "So... you like heroes a lot... do you want to be one when you're older?" He asked her and she nodded. "Even though they aren't real?" He asked and she nodded again before stopping to say something.

"Deku's real." She mumbled quietly. "What?" Bakugou questioned and leaned in closer to hear what she said. "You said they aren't real but Deku's real." "Ha, what makes Deku a hero?" "Well... heroes are supposed to strong and brave. They are really nice to people and they like to help others.  And they aren't scared of anything and they never cry. That's why he's a hero and I'm not." She said mumbling the last part quietly. But Bakugou managed to hear it.

"...Are you scared?" Bakugou asked her softly. A few seconds passed before she slowly started to nod her head. Drops of water could be seen hitting her drawing making the piece of paper darken and become damp.

Bakugou smiled slightly before taking his hand and ruffling her hair gently. "Heroes can be scared and I'm pretty sure they can cry too so there's nothing stopping you from being one." He told her and she looked up at him with teary eyes. "R-really?" He smiled at her and nodded. "Yeah. When I was younger my favorite superhero was All Might and in one episode I remember someone telling him that no matter how scared you are you should smile to show that things will be okay. And in this world the ones always smiling are the ones who are the strongest." Bakugou said and used his fingers to push the corners of his mouth up.

Tears rolled down Eri's face as she hugged the blonde clinging onto his shirt whimpering about how scared she is. Bakugou patted her back and reassured her that she will be okay.

"Hey... I got an idea." He said making her look up at him wanting to know what it is. "Since your drawing got ruined why don't we redo it but this time we will draw everyone in their very own hero suits! No more capes and mask. What do you think?" He asked and smiled when he saw her eyes sparkle at the idea.

"Okay! I'm going to draw mine first then Deku's than Hana's!" She yelled out while excitedly running to get more paper and some markers. "I think mine should be pink! Oh or maybe red! And I definitely still want a cape!" She yelled while sitting back down and scribbling onto the paper. "You should make the cape red and have the costume be white like your hair." Bakugou told her. "I want more color though!" "Ha, then... add some yellow and green." Bakugou suggested and Eri's face brightened at the idea.

Izuku looked over at the two and giggled at how Eri was now showing off her drawing to Bakugou by shoving it in his face before going back and scribbling more onto the page all while wearing a big smile on her face. Bakugou caught his gaze and smiled at the greenette who gave him a closed eyed smile in return.

Bakugou walked down the hall and raised his fist to the door but hesitated on going any further. He bit his lip unsure if should actually knock. 'They won't ignore you. You aren't invisible to them anymore. Besides you heard them say that they love you it should be fine. Everything's fine just...breathe.' He thought to himself trying to calm down and slowly let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding in.

He shook his head getting rid of any lingering fears and knocked on the door. "Come in!" Bakugou opened the door entering the huge work room which was littered with fabrics of many colors and patterns. Different articles of clothing were either hung up on hangers, placed on tables, draped over chairs, or on the many mannequins standing around. There was inspiration board behind a desk with a laptop on it surrounded by a bunch of loose papers and some folders.

"Oi hag...a-are you uh busy?" He asked unsure of what the blonde female, who is currently putting pins in a half made dress, would say. "Hag? Last time I checked I still look like I'm in my twenties." She said turning around to face the teen. "Yeah well you're old and I don't like you so..." Katsuki said which just made Mitsuki smirk.

"Did you want something kid?" She asked while taking a seat on one of the chairs not covered in clothes. "Can you do me a favor?" "What is it?" She asked and he walked over to her and handed her some pieces of paper. "Do you think you can make all of these by Monday?" He asked her as she skimmed through the papers. "Hmm... yeah but you have to help me." "I was already planning to." Katsuki mumbled making Mitsuki smile.

"So can we start now or do you have to finish that dress first?" Katsuki asked her and she just waved her hand at him. "That thing can wait after all you have my attention now." She told him and got up from her seat and ruffled his hair before walking over to the fabric rack.

Katsuki touched the top of his head and smiled.
"Katsuki!" Mitsuki called snapping the teen out of his little trance.

"Coming!"

"Okay Eri it's almost time you ready?" The nurse asked her and she shook her head while tightening her hold on the blanket on her lap. "It's going to be okay and it will be over before you know it, okay?" The nurse said while rubbing her back trying to comfort her.

"Okay I'll be back in a few minutes with the doctor." The nurse said and left the room. Eri frowned and looked out her window to past the time.

"ERI!" The little girl quickly turned her head to see her older brother, Bakugou, Izuku, and the rest of the little kids now standing in her room.

"WOAH!" She exclaimed her eyes twinkling seeing them all (minus Miro) wearing the hero suits she drew all of them in.

"You look so cool! It's like you're actually heroes!" "Ha, it was Kacchan's idea!" Izuku said with a wide smile on his face. "Pfft this was nothing the brat was the one who made the desig- oof." Bakugou was tackled in a hug by Eri.

"Thank you." She whispered making Bakugou smile. "Ha that's not all." He told her making her look up at him with wide eyes. "There's more!?" "Ha, you didn't think we would leave you out did you?" He said while ruffling her hair which made her gasp.

""Look Eri you can be a hero now!" Mirio said while showing the little girl her hero costume. Eri ran over to him and immediately took the costume and hugged it. "This is amazing!" She exclaimed while jumping up and down and tightening her hold on the costume.

"Haha sorry to interrupt all you heroes." The doctor said while entering the room. She got in front of Eri and crouched down to her level. "Are you ready to be a brave little hero today?" She asked and Eri looked up at everyone dressed up and smiling around her before looking back at the doctor.

"...no matter how scared you are you should smile to show that things will be okay. And in this world the ones always smiling are the ones who are the strongest."

Eri nodded her head and gave the doctor a confident smile.

"I'm ready!"
———————————————————————

🤕😄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 542 13
Despite a large age gap, Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya were extremely close. Their personalities thought to clash, developed to complement each...
67.2K 3.1K 10
"Katsuki." Izuku's eyes were cold and unforgiving. Bakugou frowned; the tone caught him entirely off guard. "Deku, please. I-I've made myself so fuck...
18.2K 882 12
After Izuku and his father get involved in a car accident when he was only fourteen, he finds himself paralyzed from the waist down and stuck in a wh...
130K 3.5K 20
[ Warning: this story is dark and can have some triggers, PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION !! ] Both Todoroki and Bakugou seem to have a crush on the...