Troublemaker (Divergent Eric )

By Blueskittles151

(CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION SO BEWARE!!!!) "Why thank you, Mr. Serious." "Mr. Serious?" "Yeah, you're all l... More

Chapter 1: Nirvana Zenalds
Chapter 2: Eric
Chapter 3: A Candor Mouth
Chapter 4: Pheonix
Chapter 5: A Lost Fight
Chapter 6: Fresh Tattoo
Chapter 8: Darkness
Chapter 9: Muffin
Chapter 10: Dino Slippers
Chapter 11: A Kiss
Chapter 12: Jeanine
Chapter 13: Fears
Chapter 14: A Surprise
Chapter 15: Broken Friendships
Chapter 16: Unpacking
Chapter 17: A Hickey
Chapter 18: Ada
Chapter 19: Territorial
Chapter 20: First Day Of School
Chapter 21: A Plan
Chapter 22: Initiates
Chapter 23: Caught In The Act
Chapter 24: The Chasm
Chapter 25: A Nicked Ear
Chapter 26: Last Day Of Training
Chapter 27: Drunk Vana
Chapter 28: Hungover
Chapter 29: An Anniversary
Chapter 30: A Lamented Soldier
The Sequel is Out!

Chapter 7: Capture The Flag

23.2K 564 277
By Blueskittles151

I wake up to someone poking my side. I groan and scoot away from the finger. But the probing continues.

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

My eyes snap open and I smack who over was poking me in the face.

"Owww. Really Vana?" I recognize the voice as Sara.

"I would apologize, but I at this point I don't give a fuck. So..." I say groggily.

"See what I'm talking about, she's just like Eric!" Peyton said gesturing to me.

"Shut up, asshole." I say sitting up.

"Ok come on, it's time, show us the tattoo!" Sara nearly screaming and sitting on my bed.

"Yeah, show us!" Pheonix agreed, sitting next to me.

"Let the truth be revealed!" Peyton said, lifting me up and sitting me on his lap.

"Ewww get off." I said struggling against him.

"Haha don't struggle, it only makes it worse." Peyton says, keeping me on his lap.

Hunter soon peels away the gauze covering his tattoo.

"Bro, this has got tobe the smartest idea Sara has ever had." Pheonix says, awed at his tattoo.

"Make that the only smart idea Sara has ever had." I joked.

Sara playfully shoved me, arguing that it wasn't true.

"Oh please, we all now you would automatically fail Erudite the second you stepped into their headquarters." Peyton said.

"Oh come on, Hunter you don't think that do you?" Sara asked, turning to Hunter.

"She's not that dumb guys." He answered.

"Did you hear what he said? He said 'not that dumb' implying that she is somewhat dumb!" Pheonix says.

"I truly hate all of you guys..."

~*~

I got dressed in a dark grey muscle shirt that said, 'Roses are red, violets are blue. I've got five fingers, and the middle one is for you'. I slipped on some black ripped jeans, and my regular worn out combat boots.

And when I mean worn-out, I mean it.

I've only had these shoes for about a year, they look like I've had them for all my life.

There were scuff marks, scratches, a minor rip, holes, and even a stain from dog piss.

The only thing that I have to say about the dog piss is, Adam needs to sleep with smarter girls.

I shoot an arrow at the target, getting a bulls eye.

"Bet you can't do that with your eyes closed! Showoff." I hear a squeaky annoying voice next to me.

Nancy.

"Bet you can't do it with your eyes open!" I mimicked her annoying voice.

This was very true, her years of being in Dauntless definitely did not show.

Her arrows mostly ended up clattering to the ground.

She shot daggers at me with her eyes, and tried shooting another arrow, this one completely disappearing from everyone's view.

It was almost the end of the day, 5:56 to be exact.

Those four minutes passed by quickly, and soon I was heading into the training room.

"Ok, what to do today?" I say to Eric, apple in hand.

"Follow me."

~*~

"I can't believe I'm riding in a car!" I say excitedly.

You heard me, a car!

I haven't even rode a bus in my life. Only jumping on and off trains. It was rare for any person to ride a car. Especially dauntless initiates, for two reasons. First, you can easily use the trains. For that is literally what they are for. Second, you traditionally have no reason to be out of the compound.

So this is probably an experience I'd probably never experience again.

"Yes, you don't have to say that ten times. Now shut up before I pull over and throw you out onte the train tracks. And leave you there." He says aggravated.

"You wouldn't do that." I'm positive Eric would never do anything like that.

"Try me, firecracker." He spat out.

Ok maybe not that positive, but pretty sure.

I silently play with my locket until we arrive to Erudite headquarters. For what, I have no idea.

"We are going to pick up some boxes for tonight." Eric says in monotone, opening the car door.

"For what, paintballing?" I say, struggling to open the car door.

He nods and opens the door for me.

You can't blame me for thinking I didn't have to watch my step. It's my first time in a car, OKAY! Don't act like you wouldn't trip out of the car too.

Just as my face was going to smack onto the concrete, cold hands wrap around my waist. A shiver runs down my spine when I feel one of his fingers accidentally under my shirt. He helps me up before abruptly turning and walking towards the quarters.

Okay then...

~*~

"Oh my, you will not ultimately believe me but I am actually doing an essay on pupillary dilation!" An Erudite informed, pushing his glasses farther up his nose.

"What the hell is pupillart dangelous?" I say.

"Puppillary dillation, and it is a very serious disease." The boy said still excited.

I was waiting for Eric to come out of Jeanine's office and bring the boxes.

"Ok nerd, what does that have to do with me?"

The nerd wasn't that bad looking, he had dark brown hair that was slightly curly swept to the side. He had thick black rimmed glasses on his face, like most of the people here. His outfit consisted of a light blue, button down shirt with blue slacks. To top it off he had on a royal blue bow tie, which I found effortlessly adorable.

"It means that when you were at a supposedly young age, people noticed your pupils were uneven. This was going to have a horrendous affect later on, so in order to potentially stop the problem immediately. However, they let you have the medicine when you were much too young. Perhaps seven is when they gave you it, explaining the vibrant shade of purple. When they gave you the medicine, it was too intense which caused you're iris too bleed. Of course they stopped it, but you're original blue eyes changed into purple. Permanently."

"Um well,.." I say implying I wanted to know his name.

"Issac."

"Ok Issac , my name is-"

"Nirvana Angelica Zenalds. I know who you are. But, you prefer the name Vana. "

I was speechless, purely shocked. I stared at him wide eyed.

"How did you know that? Why would you know that." I am all of a sudden tense and alert.

"Everyone knows you, didn't you know that?" Issac said furrowing his eyebrows. " Your aptitude was remarkable, best I've ever seen."

"What? My result was Dauntless, like it was supposed to." I say raising an eyebrow.

"Yes but-" Issac was cut off by a very pissed Eric.

"Firecracker, lets go." He demanded and pointed to the boxes waiting.

"See you later nerd." I ruffled his hair and began getting the boxes.

~*~

"What are we waiting for?" I ask, flicking my blue hair out of my eyes.

We had sitting here for an hour or so waiting silently.

"We're waiting for four to get his lazy ass up and wake the initiates." Eric said rolling his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes, you seem like a girl when you do that." I say.

"May I ask, why we had to go all the way to Erudite for paintball guns? I mean don't you have some lying around somewhere?" I ask.

"Let me see you're arm." He grabbed it and smashed a normal looking paintball on it. What I did not expect, was for the paintball to electrocute me.

"Ow!" I scream and pull my arm away, wincing. "What the fuck was that!"

"These are obviously not normal paintballs, they somehow send electricity through your veins instead. Which is why we don't leave the guns, that charge these balls, or the paintballs themselves hanging around. People like you, will most likely do something stupid with them."

"What if someone gets shot in the head? Can't they die?" I ask.

"What are you scared?"

"No it's just something to think of. Who thought of this idea anyway?"

"Me."

"Of course."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He spat out.

"Nothing."

~*~

I'll save you the conversation that happened beforehand, but here are the teams:

Four:

Samuel

Patience

Sandy

Chip

Vana

Dave

Maria

Keenan

Chris

Peyton

Eric:

Kaitlyn

Sam

Jonas

Alex

Brittany

Nancy

Pheonix

Hunter

Sara

Bryan

My team jumps off first and almost immediately everyone starts arguing.

"That's a stupid idea blondie!"

"Maybe we should just hide the flag really well, and no one will find it! Not even us!"

"That's even more stupid than blondie's idea!"

"Why don't we just send out a search party, while the rest of us guard?"

"That's probably what they're going to do!"

"So what!"

They were all arguing about what to do and where to hide it and all that crap. I sat down in the, grass, tuning them out at some point.

After a while, I started to wander around until I stood in front of a Ferris Wheel.

On the other side, was Eric's team, bright as day. I crouched in the grass and silently watched them.

This is in no way stalking, I am only doing this to win a game.

I see someone wave a bright green flag, putting it in a cart on the Ferris Wheel.

So that's where they're hiding it.

I stayed longer to see them leave a few people to guard while the others leave to search. Good thing they were heading the wrong direction.

I smirk, before turning and scurrying off to my team.

They were still arguing, of course.

"Shut up!" I yell, hoping the other team won't hear us.

"I know where the other team's flag is, and that they are looking for us. There is honestly no other chance of winning than pulling a classic move. I wouldn't make a lot of people guard the flag, so the rest will just go and capture the flag. As easy as can be." I explain.

"That might just work." Four says crossing his arms.

~*~

We decided to go with my plan, Peyton and I volunteered to stay and the rest left.

All faith was in them now. But it's a pretty easy job to go through with, so there should be no problems.

Damn was I wrong.

After a while of Peyton and I goofing off, we heard a branch break behind us. Turning, I spotted Eric and Nancy running toward us, guns aiming.

How does my team just let a six foot grown man, and a bimbo pass by undetected!

I stood there in shock until a purple ball smashed against my chest, sending out an electric shock through my body.

A girly shriek escaped from my mouth before I pulled it together. I shot at Eric's forearm, and successfully he winced. He shot at my leg, and then ankle making me lie on the ground.

I looked for Peyton, to see that he was fending himself off from Nancy. This left our flag unguarded which caused Eric to Sprint for it.

Hell no.

I hurriedly reach for my gun, shooting Eric in the ass. He screamed like a girl before collapsing on the ground, clutching his butt.

"Peyton hurry up do something! Nancy's almost got the flag!"

I knew Peyton cracks under pressure, but what he did was ridiculous. Right as Nancy was going to grasp the flag in her fingers, he shot her in the head. The girl didn't even have time to scream before she lost consciousness.

So that's what happens when someone gets shot in the head.

I don't even have time to talk before cheers erupted in the distance. I whip my head to see one of my team mates waving the opposing teams flag.

We had won.

More importantly:

I had beaten Eric.

~*~

"Bam what! I won!" I had been bragging to Eric the whole ride to return the guns and now the whole way back.

"Shut up." He growled jumping out of the train.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the deafening sound of how awesome I am." I say cockily.

"I swear if you say something else I'll-"

"You'll what? Make me eat dauntless cake?" I mock. "Oh no I'm so scared!"

" You are really annoying you know that."

"I know you are but what am I?"

"Shut up."

"It's not my fault you're so jealous."

"That's it twenty laps right here right now." Eric ordered, a deadly look in his eyes.

"But-"

"Fifty."

I shut my mouth and started running, feeling the cold night air nip at my face.

This is gonna be a long night.

Blahhhh this is the longest chapter I have ever written.

I really hope you enjoyed it.

And, I'd really like to thank all of you people who are reading. Regardless if you voted for my story. It just makes me feel great that some of you are reading the story period.

Even if you think it sucks, and you comment how much it sucks I still appreciate it.

So you know, keep on keeping on.

And you know, sorry for the wait.

Bye psychopaths!

Share.Vote.Comment.Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 971 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
507 17 23
A divergent no war story What if Tobias has a sister? What if Eric was nice behind his mean aperance? What if the war never happend? What if...? That...
258K 5.5K 32
My name's Cassia Hollester. I'm different from the usual suspects, I'm divergent. Although, I never knew what that actually meant. I'm willing to fin...
357 32 11
'It's time for the villans to have all the fun' Meeting Eric was one big kick up the ass. He is the definition of Cocky. Heavy heady and one big ass...