Urban Legends

By therealhyujin

A compilation; of the scariest urban myths that has been scattered all throughout the internet. Credits: Redd... More

Bride-and-Seek
The Clown Statue
The Man Inside The Painting
Killer In The Backseat
Night Shift
r/letsnotmeet
The Gas Station
Shhhh
The Smith Sisters
The Rocking Horse
Doppelganger
Okamuro
Sleep Paralysis
The Slit Mouthed Woman
Digital Camera
Tap Tap Tap
Eight Feet Tall
Yellow House
Look At Me
Jeff The Killer: The Untold
Wedding Dress
The Gray Girl
Bus 375
Teke Teke
The Roommate
The Fury Gown
The Babysitter
Baby Blue
Humans Can Lick Too
Axe Murder
Trip
Evil in the Woods
I Almost Got Kidnapped
Why Am I ugly?
The Peephole
Strange News

Psychic

256 18 12
By therealhyujin

I live in Osaka, Japan and often use the subway to go to work in the morning. One day, when I was waiting for the train, I noticed a homeless man standing in a corner of the subway station, muttering to himself as people passed by. He was holding out a cup and seemed to be begging for spare change.

A fat woman passed by the homeless man and I distinctly heard him say, "Pig."

Wow, I thought to myself. This homeless man is insulting people and he still expects them to give him money?

Then a tall businessman went by and the homeless guy muttered, "Human."

Human? I couldn't argue with that. Obviously, he was a human.

The next day, I arrived early at the subway station and had some time to kill, so I decided to stand close to the homeless man and listen to his strange mutterings.

A thin, haggard-looking man passed in front of him and I heard the homeless guy mutter, "Cow."

Cow? I thought. The man was much too skinny to be a cow. He looked more like a turkey or a chicken to me.

A minute or so later, a fat man went by and the homeless man said, "Potato."

Potato? I was under the impression that he called all fat people "Pig".

That day, at work, I couldn't stop thinking about the homeless man and his puzzling behavior. I kept trying to find some logic or pattern in what he was muttering.

Perhaps he has some kind of psychic ability, I thought. Maybe he knows what these people were in a previous life. In Japan, many people believe in reincarnation.

I observed the homeless man many times and began to think my theory was right. I often heard him calling people things like "Rabbit" or "Onion" or "Sheep" or "Tomato".

One day, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to ask him what was going on.

As I walked up to him, he looked at me and said "Bread."

I tossed some money into his cup and asked him if he had some kind of psychic ability.

The homeless man smiled and said, "Yes, indeed. I do have a psychic ability. It is an ability I obtained years ago. But it is not what you might expect. I can't tell the future or read minds or anything like that."

"Then what is your ability," I asked eagerly.

"The ability is merely to know the last thing somebody ate," he said.

I laughed because I realized he was right. He said "Bread". The last thing I had eaten for breakfast that day was toast. I walked away shaking my head. Of all the psychic abilities someone could have, that one must be the most useless.

Noticed Anything?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

558K 19.8K 56
If you like a nice horror read than this is a book for you. This is a collection of old urban legends of all countries and creepy stories written by...
4.7K 89 16
Some of these will be copied, and some are true while some are not and please enjoy this and vote my story!
841 24 18
(Warning:Copy and Paste used) I do not own any of the following stories. Many of these tales can be found on the internet. I've recently added a cr...
26K 1.4K 200
Scary stuff...