The Order of the Phoenix | He...

By kieran_w

Your fifth year at Hogwarts is waiting for you, but the question is: will you be there? More

Book Five
1. The Funeral
2. Grimmauld Place
3. An Explanation
4. Lucius Malfoy
5. The New Malfoy
6. The End Of Summer
7. The New Teacher
8. Defence Against The Dark Arts
9. A Mere Coincidence
10. Slytherin Quidditch Tryouts
11. Hogwart's High Inquisitor
12. The Hog's Head
13. Education Decrees
14. Dumbledore's Army
15. Weasley Is Our King
16. A Christmas Kiss
17. Arthur Weasley
18. The Boy Who Also Lived
19. Dumbledore's Proposition
20. Sirius' Story
21. Marissa's Story
23. Dumbledore's Disappearance
24. The Moon And The Stars
25. A Forgotten Childhood
26. Occlumency
27. A Meeting With A Malfoy
28. Hermione's Boggart
29. Potter's Vision
30. The Department of Mysteries
31. The Traitor
32. The Death Of A Father
33. The End Of Fifth Year

22. The Inquisitorial Squad

5.2K 203 52
By kieran_w

Y/N's POV

We had quickly returned back to school after the Christmas holidays had ended and I promptly found myself back hanging around the likes of Draco. I couldn't lie, I was starting to remember how much of a prick he was to me before this whole incident. However, I still felt bad for him since we had gotten along so well during the summer and when he wasn't around his friends, he was genuinely a nice guy.

"So where did you go this Christmas?" asked Draco as we were doing our Transfiguration homework.

"Visited some friends..." I said, unsure of what else I could've said, I still had to keep up my act as a Malfoy since it would play a big part in Dumbledore's job for me. It was likely that Lucius Malfoy would find out that I knew I wasn't really a Malfoy, but I would remain oblivious until it was certain Lucius knew.

Malfoy opened his mouth to say something but then Pansy came and started openly demanding attention from Draco, much to my disgust.

I continued finishing my homework and quickly dismissed myself afterwards, I had barely been spending time around my Slytherin peers. All I wanted to do was be in the presence of Hermione but ever since her rejection we had both avoided each other. I was lying in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. It had recently become something I did very regularly, due to the fact that I had a lot on my mind, too much if I was being honest.

"F/N!" I heard Draco say as he entered the dormitory. "We need you to come with us to Umbridge, she wants to meet with the Inquisitorial Squad."

I nodded, got out of bed and followed Draco to Professor Umbridge's office.

"Good evening." Professor Umbridge said sweetly.

"Good evening Professor Umbridge." we chorused back.

"You may be wondering why I've gotten you guys to come here," Umbridge started, "but it has come to my attention that we may have an illegal organisation here in Hogwarts."

My heart dropped, surely she didn't mean the DA?

"I want you to all go snooping around, see if you can find any clues and report back to me."

"Who are the students involved in this club?" I asked Umbridge, praying that she didn't hear from anyone that I was part of the DA.

Umbridge looked at me. "Well F/N, I have my suspicions but the main suspect will be no other than Harry Potter and his little troupe of friends."

I nodded. "Ok Professor, we'll see what we can discover."

We left and Draco started speaking about Harry, Ron and Hermione. Telling our little group that he intended to find out what was going on.

"F/N," Draco started, "you've spoken to them before...we need you to try find out for us. Be a spy, a double agent."

I sighed, what was it with me and being a double agent?

"Alright Draco, I'll see what I can find."

The next day, I felt the Galleon in my pocket heat up and I understood what it meant, there was to be another DA meeting. That would be a great chance for me to tell them about Umbridge's suspicions.

The only interesting thing that happened between now and the next meeting was Umbridge's dismissal of Professor Trelawney and Dumbledore hiring a replacement, Firenze. Much to Umbridge's disgust. I witnessed the scene, it seemed like there was no hope for Trelawney but then Dumbledore came and saved the day. I wanted to go speak to him then, but he swiftly disappeared and I never had the chance to speak to the Professor.

That evening, I met with the group and told them the news. "Professor Umbridge suspects that there is a secret organisation going, she's instructed the Inquisitorial Squad to investigate."

"How do you know?" questioned a Ravenclaw.

"I'm part of the squad...I didn't really have a choice. But I'm here to warn you guys now."

"We should probably lay low for a bit..." Harry suggested but he was met with outrage, it seemed like everyone enjoyed these meetings too much and weren't ready to take a break. In the end, the pressure of our peers caused us to carry on and everyone to ignore my warning. I guess it would be up to me to steer Umbridge away.

This meeting, things were still awkward between me and Hermione so I took a step back and let Harry teach. I found myself in a corner, watching everyone.

"You alright there Y-F/N." I heard a voice say. I turned and saw Issac and a smile appeared on my face,

"Try to use F/N won't you?" I chuckled.

Issac laughed and he noticed me occasionally looking at Hermione. "Girl problems?"

"Yep, she's not over 'Y/N' yet and won't give me a chance. Since I'm supposedly a Malfoy and all that."

Issac laughed. "If only she knew..."

"When do you reckon I can tell them?"

"When Dumbledore lets you."

I groaned, Dumbledore had this whole plan for me, so I didn't see myself being able to tell her anytime soon. Meaning I was going to have to make her fall for a Malfoy, something that seemed impossible.

Issac broke the silence. "You need a haircut. I can barely see your eyes."

I scoffed. "That's the point, cause Hermione recognised my eyes when she saw them. So I thought it would be safer, growing my hair out."

"You better cut it soon. I can't even see your face."

"I know my face is beautiful and all that Issac but come on Issac, I'm just trying to protect my identity."

Issac nodded. "I understand."

There was a silence and I looked up at my older brother, he had a plain expression on his face and I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Knut for your thoughts?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Just thinking about everything...it's been so crazy since you came back."

"I never really left." I said with a chuckle.

"I know...it was just painful, having to bury you and everything."

"I had a funeral?" I asked, shocked.

Issac nodded. "Yeah, Hermione even made a speech."

"What did she say?" I asked curiously.

"Just all the stuff about how she loved you-"

"S-she loved me?" I said, my voice breaking slightly. I had never said those words to her, sure I felt it but I didn't want to say it too soon.

My brother nodded. "Said all that stuff about how she wanted to spend her whole future with you."

I felt my eyes begin to tear up, I loved that girl so much and it pained me that I had to restart and win her over when she wasn't even over me. It was so confusing, it was so painful, it hurt that I couldn't be with her. Every time I got near her flashes of our past came back to me. We were perfect, we were happy and then the stupid Triwizard Tournament ruined everything.

"Anyways, I'll leave you to your thoughts," Issac said, looking over to Fred and George who had just called for him, "I need to go talk to the twins...it was nice catching up."

I nodded. "We need to talk again..."

Once Issac left, I sat myself down in the corner of the room, where there were comfortable armchairs. I sunk back and closed my eyes, blocking out all the voices around me. I could feel memories start to come back, memories with Issac...memories with Hermione and the other two.

"F/N!" I heard someone say, my eyes snapped open and I saw Harry.

"Oh, what's up Harry. Is it over?"

Harry nodded and looked at me. "You alright? You didn't really do much today."

"I just figured it would be for the best...since me and Hermione aren't on the best of terms right now." I replied.

"What happened?" the boy asked.

"I...well I asked her out and I got rejected. She said she was doing something with you guys."

"Oh..." Harry started, "she didn't plan anything with us...I'm sorry F/N. I guess she's just not over Y/N yet."

I didn't know whether to be happy or not, on one hand she wasn't over me but on the other I couldn't tell her I was Y/N so that meant I had to try win her over.

I looked at Harry and sighed. "Damn, that Y/N must've been one heck of a guy..."

"Yeah, he was."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 494 35
Book 3 of Her Universe, My Residence. Returning back to Hogwarts for your fifth year, Voldemort in awake, a pink toad to make your year difficult, th...
67.5K 894 27
Moving is hard until you find the love of your life. Adventures await for you and him, what can go wrong? smutty y/n X Ron
195K 6.4K 33
Your sixth year at Hogwarts comes with a task that brings life or death consequences.
291K 9.2K 32
Your third year at Hogwarts unravels more about you than you ever knew.