Dark Nights

By Phantomheart8

(Yandere male x female reader) Y/N is convicted of a terrible crime, one she never could have done. All evide... More

A/n
The beginning of chaos
Guarded or Hunted?
Guilty but Innocent
Welcome to Hell
Your new home
Newest group member
The Wolves
The courtyard
Elliots Garden
A/N: Elliot
Family
Not so bad anymore?
Twin Wolves Riddles
Not the baby anymore
Here and Already Causing Trouble
Punished for sticking together
The Patient Profile
What Do You Want?
Olivia, Henry, AND Joshua?... but no Elliot
Baby Steps with Big Feet
Christmas Eve Christmas Tree making
The voice of an Angel
Not Safe Anywhere
To Mess with the Lamb
Together, Always
Suprise
Home at Last
Breaking News
The Man that was Hiding His Face
Taken Away
A Total Stanger
A Starving Animal
Starting Conflict
Forging bonds
Willy's story Part 1
Willy's story Part 2
Elliot's story Part 1
Elliot's story Part 2
Elliot's story part 3
Joshua's Memories Part 1
Joshua's memories Part 2
Getting out of There
Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire
We Go Together
Nighttime Reassurances
Clothes " Shopping"
Sparkling Eyes
End of the Road
Run Little Lamb, Run
One by One
Desperate Times, Desperate Deeds
Something's not right here
The Labyrinth of Torture
Faces Revealed
The Lion, The Wolf, and The Lamb
The Moons Bright Light
Epilogue: Finding Home
A/N

Long Talks on the grass

3.5K 199 90
By Phantomheart8

You ignored the cries of your family as you jogged down the street. The neighboring houses passed by at a decent pace as you were not full-on running, but you were going at a decent pace.

Their voiced faded after a minute and you realized that they were not following you. Good, you did not want them to follow you. You needed time to think in a place where you could be without an audience. Even if you went up to your room you would still feel cramped, for they would still be in the house.

After a few minutes of running, you took a swerve off of the road and down a small hill. The hill was shaded with a ring of trees that left you out of the prying eyes of anyone that would pass by.

You pushed through the branched and leaves of the surrounding bushes until you were in the little hidey-hole that was about ten feet wide and ten feet long, shaped roughly like an oval. There was a stream running through the center and you took your shoes off so you could stick your feet into the cool water.

The sensation of it running passed your feet and through your toes was calming. You layed down on the grass with your hands on your stomach as you looked up to the trees that shaded you from the sky. Little crackles of sunlight filtered through and created little bits of artwork on the ground.

You stared up at the leaves as you lost yourself in thought. You wanted nothing more than to race back to Holland Hill institute to see your friends. But they were probably gone, escaped into the wind. Besides the fact that the town was a two day trip away by car.

You were tempted to find the detective and ask him to help you but you knew he would not. Even if he helped find them he would make sure that you were not aware of it.

You sighed, you hated feeling so afraid for your friends. They could be really hurt and you could do nothing to help them. The branched behind you crackled and parted and you jumped up. Cold stream water flying everywhere as you leaped to the other side to face the intruder.

You were surprised when the face of Charlie popped through, looking at you for a second before he moved into the space, and Destiny followed behind.

You calmed down slightly, seeing as they were faces you were familiar with. That did not mean you were not a tad irritated though, as you ran off away from your family for the very reason to be alone.

" How did you find me?" You asked them, and Charlie answered you.

" We were walking down the street to stop at your place and say hello, we saw you run off and we followed you here..." He trailed off and Destiny stepped forward to continue.

" We've missed you so much Y/N... We can't express how much we worried about you. We sent you letters every couple of weeks but we never got any indication that you got them." She said. Her green eyes full and sad.

" That's because the institution did not allow any letters to get to the patients, or for any guests to come to see the patients for that matter." You grumbled and a look of shock came across their faces.

They took a seat on the grass on you followed suit, though still on the other side of the stream from them. You glanced down at the pink scars that adorned Destiny's arms. Long, and short cuts all down the length of them.

She saw you looking at them and pulled them closer to her chest, ripping them insecurity. You knew it might not be what you bring up first considering that you just got back, but you had a right to know.

" Destiny.. who gave you those scars, who made you tell the cops lies?" You asked. she sniffled, reaching a hand up to wipe her nose. Charlie flicked his eyes from your form to Destiny's looking like he wanted to say something but not sure what.

" I was hoping that would not be the first thing you asked but I have no right to be upset, you lost four years of your life to it... I'm so sorry Y/N!! I was so scared! He was hurting me so much!" She wailed. Bringing her hands up to her face and covering her eyes with them.

Charlie reached a comforting hand over and stroked it down her back. Looking up at you with a sad expression as the poor girl sobbed underneath him.

" I *Hic* I remember going to sleep and waking up in a dark room. This man... he had a mask that was covering his face. I could not see it. I just remember how raspy his voice was as if he had smoked for all his life. He told me I needed to tell the police that you did the explosion. He ordered this all the while drawing long cuts up and down my arm... He said that... that..." She looked between you and charlie for a second as tears ran down her freckled cheeks.

" He said that he would kill my mother if I tried to do anything else... I'm so sorry Y/N!! I could not risk it! Even after when you were gone I tried to go to the police and tell them but right as I got to the door I got a text saying that if I took another step I would come home to find my mother dead..." There was a long silence as she looked at the stream that separated the two of you.

" I have not heard from him in a long time, he may not even be watching me anymore because it been so long since it happened. I... I just could not risk him hurting my mom Y/N! You understand right?!" She finished, looking up at you pleadingly.

You stared at her long and hard with a cold, expressionless face. Your eyes were wide like a dead fish's and she took in a small intake of breath as she waited for you to reply.

" Maybe one day I will Destiny, but I have had so many things happen to me when I was there. Some I don't even know if it was real or not anymore. Even if I am innocent of the crime they committed me for, I was still manipulated into thinking I belonged there." You finished, and she looked to the ground in sadness. Not wanting to meet your gaze anymore.

You stood up and walked to the other end of the stream, placing a hand on her shoulder and making her jump as she looked up at you. You had the same cold expression on your face, but your eyes were more of half-lidded now.

" I don't blame you for what happened Destiny... But I don't forgive you either." You said to her in finality before grabbing your shoes and walking out of the little hiding spot. You walked barefoot back down the street, ignoring the sting of the hot sidewalk underneath your feet as you heard the wails of Destiny fade in the distance.

You were about halfway home when you heard footsteps coming up swiftly behind you. You whirled around, ready to defend yourself but Charlie stopped in his tracks and held his hands up to try and calm you down. You looked him over for a second before turning around and continuing home.

" What happened to Destiny?" You asked him with a voice that gave away that you really did not care. He walked up next to you and scratched the back of his head. His brown hair had gotten a bit longer since last you saw him a week ago.

" She decided to go home, she wanted to be alone for a little bit." He replied.

" So have you come to get after me for being so mean to her." You said, he was silent for a second.

" N-no Y/N, as much as I think you should have been a little more understanding, I also think you have every right to be upset with just about anything right now... if that makes sense." He said. " No Y/N... I just, I really missed you and I wanted to see you again and see if you were alright... That was a poor choice of words. I know your not alright, I just... wanted to see you again because I still consider you to be a friend. I hope you see me as a friend still too."

There was a long moment of silence as the two of you walked down the sidewalk, the sounds of your feet on the concrete being the only sound for a long little while.

" Charlie... If I'm going to be completely honest... I lost who I used to be in this life after being in the Asylum and having a lot of shitty shit happen to me. I feel like I am on a whole different planet right now. I do still see you as a friend, but I can't expect myself to be friendly at the moment. I feel exposed, I feel like I'm in hostile territory, I feel like I can't trust anyone. So I hope you understand." You finished. He nodded next to you, looking straight ahead.

" Yes Y/N, I understand, I would have to be a prick not to. You still have my number right. Just let me know if you need anything and I will drop whatever I was doing, no matter what and I will come Ok?" He said, looking at you. You stopped and looked at him with a kind of suspicious eye.

He looked at you with a hopeful expression for a second, but when it was made clear you were waiting for him to explain he sighed and looked down at the ground. His glasses sliding down to the tip of his nose.

" look Y/N... when you were taken away a good piece of my heart broke. One of my best friends had just been taken away for a crime I knew in my very soul that she would never do. And I could do nothing to help you. Then Destiny told me what had happened and how she got hurt and how she hurt you... She shut herself away for a long time and I could not help her either. Another pice of my heart broke. two of the most important people in my life were suffering and I... Could not to One. Single. Thing. To help them... I want to help you guys now, I don't want to see you guys suffering any longer and if I can help then I want to!"

You looked at him for a second longer, blinking at him slowly as he fidgeted under your gaze. You offered him a small smile, giving another slow blink before replying.

" Thank you, Charlie, you're a good friend, I'll let you know if I need anything ok?" You said, and he smiled a little as tears welled up in his eyes. He nodded at you and you gave him another smile before turning around and continuing to walk back home.

He stayed where he was on the sidewalk. Watching as you made your way down the street. Eventually, you made it back to your house. No one was in the front room when you arrived, and you went straight up to your room.

You had things you needed to brainstorm with about what Destiny told you. There was a man that hurt her and threatened to hurt her mother. She never saw what the man looked like, only that he had a raspy ass voice.

when she tried to tell someone what happened he had somehow known what she was up too. They had been watching her, and no doubt watching you during that time as well, planning on framing you.

You scoured your memories for anyone you remembered to have a raspy voice, but no one came to mind. They could have been faking it too.

You should contact Detective Dolin. He should know about this new information. You dug around in your pocket and pulled out the phone that had been given back to you when you got home. You searched your room for the number car he had given you.

You found it and quickly dialed the numbers up. you held the phone to your ear and waited for it to be answered. It rang for a minute before going to a voicemail. Shit! You would leave a voicemail, but this needed to be for his ears only, you could not risk someone getting into his phone.

You tossed the phone onto your bed. He was probably busy with the Holland Hill breakout since he had been on its case for many years.

You were so jumbled up right now. You were worrying so much about your friends from the institute. Now you had to worry about a mysterious raspy-voiced maniac who was out to get you for some reason.

Now that you were free they would surely be after you again. You had to keep a close eye on everything. Every little detail mattered. It was only a matter of time until things started to kick off in a bad way.

You were not sure when or how it would go down, but with someone on the loose out for you. You knew it was coming.

A/N Hey everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the chapters!! I'm sorry I've been only focusing on this one and not so much my other ones but ya gotta understand. I have been writing this story for more than a year now and we are still not even to the Yandere parts yet, BUT CLOSE!!! we are so dang close!! so bear with me, chapters for the other stories are bound to come out, I just need to get my Dark night's streak kicking while it's still in me!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 1.2K 16
Y/N is the average girl. not pretty not ugly. not dumb not smart. and she lives a average life. everything normal until a certain boy comes into her...
686K 20.7K 22
[Yandere-Chan X Fem!Reader] (Y/n) has always been popular among other people, even when she wasn't trying. It's a mystery how people were drawn to he...
21.1K 647 29
Y/n is a traveling scholar studying in the detective's field. They were sent to work with a professional detective as an assistant for 2 months. Howe...
Servant By Golden

General Fiction

739K 26.7K 35
Y/N is just a normal, peasant girl, so how did she end up in this place, serving under the King's cruel command? Well, it's simple, really. She just...