RoyalTae ~ A Taehyung Love St...

By cooky4kookie

~~~~~ "So how are you gonna pay me back for that?" she asked playfully. Taehyung chuckled. "I don't have any... More

Prologue: The First Encounter
Chapter 2: The Ball
Chapter 3: The Spar

Chapter 1: The Rabbit

23 0 0
By cooky4kookie

Six Years Ago

     "Elora! Come check this out!" a pink-haired boy yelled excitedly from outside Elora's window.

     "Jimin...if this is another lizard, I am not falling for that again..." she said from the safety of her chambers.

     He pouted. "Lizards are cool! But no, it's not that."

     Elora peeked out her window, looking at Jimin curiously. "What is it? You know I'm still grounded from the last time we snuck out."

     He grinned from ear to ear. "Trust me, this time it'll be worth it." He tipped the cap on his head, which Elora now realized was a sailor's hat. She smiled tentatively back, already excited for this new adventure.

     "Okay, I'll meet you in five."

*********

     "I can't believe you found a whole boat!" Elora exclaimed, examining the wooden structure. "Whose is it?" she asked with wonder.

     "No idea, but it's ours now," he said, crossing his arms proudly. "Wanna take a ride?" he wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

     "Isn't that stealing? I don't wanna take someone's boat away without asking," she said with worry.

     Jimin rolled his eyes. "Come on. It's just a boat. Besides, you're a princess. You could get away with anything." he said. "Now, do you trust me?" he asked, reaching his hand out to her. Elora didn't have to think too long before grabbing his hand and allowing him to lead her towards the boat. "After you m'lady," Jimin grinned cheekily.

     She giggled. "You better know how to steer this thing."

     "You worry too much. Now, paddle," he commanded, handing her the oar.

     "Aye aye captain," she replied, jokingly saluting him.

     They took off, paddling across the river as fast as their twelve-year-old arms could carry them, making small talk along the way. After some time, the shore on the other side became visible.

     "Do you see that?!" Elora exclaimed, pointing at the coastline. "We're almost there!"

     "Land ho!" Jimin grinned back, waving his sailor hat in joy. They powered up their paddling and made it to the shore, hopping out onto dry land. "I can't believe it, we're actually here. In Novea!"

     Elora looked around in amazement. The fact that they were forbidden to come to the neighboring kingdom made the two friends even more excited to be here. She spotted a trail nearby and pointed, "Let's follow the trail, maybe it'll lead us somewhere."

     "Wait," he stopped her. "We gotta cover the boat first, don't wanna leave any trails behind." They quickly gathered some leaves and shrubbery to disguise it. By the time they finished, it was almost impossible to discern their little boat from the greenery.

     The two friends made their way down the trail, which opened out into a busy marketplace. "Whoa...Look at all this stuff Jiminie!!" Elora marveled at the vendors and their products. She had never seen anything like this in Kadence.

     Jimin grabbed her hand and pulled her towards a pastry booth, gesturing to the variety of French pastries. The two eyed the mouth-watering Pain au Chocolat but realized something. "El," Jimin whispered. "Our money won't work here. What should we do? I'm hungry." Elora nodded in agreement.

     Then, an old man who had just bought some goods approached them with two pastries in his hands. "You two look hungry. Eat up kids, you've got to grow big and strong to protect the kingdom one day!" he said with a warm smile on his face. Jimin and Elora grinned gratefully, thanking him before stuffing their faces with the Pain au Chocolat.

     "You've got chocolate on your face," Elora giggled.

     "You do too!!" he laughed back.

     The two explored the marketplace and the novelties that were Novean culture. Suddenly, Elora sensed something in pain nearby. "Jiminie," she tugged at his sleeve. "Something's wrong. Someone's hurt."

     He eyed her in concern. "Are your powers acting up?" Elora nodded. "Where is it coming from?"

     Elora followed her senses through the streets of the marketplace, leading them into an isolated alleyway. They spotted a rabbit who was limping from an injury on its foot. "Awh you poor thing," she cooed, gently approaching it trying not to scare it.

     "Are you gonna be able to heal it?" Jimin asked worriedly.

     Elora didn't reply, too concentrated on the rabbit's foot, that she was now grasping. She closed her eyes and channeled her energy into healing the foot, moving her hands in a circular motion. Jimin marveled at her focus and the bright golden spirals that were moving from her hands and into the rabbit. Finally, she pulled away, and the previously crippled rabbit hopped away before their eyes.

     "Wow El, you're amazing," Jimin said in awe, giving her a helping hand from the ground.

     You really are, El, thought the tall man, watching them from the distance. Duke Jihyun was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that a little girl no older than the Prince, was able to heal a rabbit with just her hands. The only other person he knew of that could do such a thing, was Princess Emma of Kadence...but she was long dead. They might be useful for my plan. I better follow them.

     Jimin and Elora, oblivious to their spy, walked back to the marketplace. "C'mon Jiminie, it's getting late. I think we should head back. I'm still grounded, you know," Elora said to him.

     "Fine, but one last stop," Jimin said, tugging her to a stall he had his eyes on since they arrived. It was filled with jewelry and treasures that looked too valuable for any twelve-year-old to afford.

     "Wow Jimin! Look at this bracelet!" Elora said, tracing an emerald bangle with her fingers. Jimin thought it was pretty, but he knew they didn't have money for it. Elora turned her back to admire some other gems when the lady behind the stall tapped him on his shoulder.

     "Here you are, sweetheart. Take this for the girl and win her heart," the lady said kindly, handing him the bangle.

     Jimin blushed shyly. "No, it's not like that, we're just friends," he denied weakly.

     The lady merchant smiled at him with a knowing looking, "Ahh, young love." she winked.

     Jimin hurriedly took the bangle, mumbling a quick thank you, and pulled Elora away. "What was that all about?" she asked him as they made their way back to their boat.

     "Nothing, don't worry about it," Jimin said quickly. They removed their greenery and started to paddle back to Kadence, completely unaware of the Duke following them some ways behind. As the shoreline became visible, Jimin groaned out loud. "El, do you see that?"

     She grimaced, observing the tons of guards lined off at the shore, probably waiting for them to arrive. "We're so busted."

     The boat slowly reached the shoreline, where the guards were ready to guide the princess and the son of the Army General of Kadence. "His Majesty is waiting for you both," a deep voice said solemnly as they made their way back.

     Elora and Jimin rolled their eyes at each other. "We know Benjamin, you don't have to be so dramatic," Jimin said and Elora tried to suppress her giggle.

     Finally, they were home, standing before the King and Queen, and the silence was deafening. "Young lady, do you understand the magnitude of your actions today? We expected better from you, both of you!" the King said in his loud, angry voice. The two miscreants looked down in shame. "And you Jimin! Your father has always taught you to protect the princess, and this is what you do? Take her to Novea, of all places? Shame on you," he bellowed.

     "It's not Jimin's fault!" Elora protested. "I wanted to go too--"

     "Elora! Your parents, my brother and sister-in-law, gave me one job before they passed away. To protect you. Do you think they'd be happy with this?" the King continued.

     Elora looked down, trying to hide the tears welling in her eyes. Jimin looked at her in sympathy. The Queen lightly touched his arm, trying to calm him down. "I think they've had enough for today," she said softly. "Go to your rooms," she dismissed them.

*********

     It was the middle of the night and Elora tumbled and turned in her bed, unable to sleep. She felt bad about getting into trouble today and worried about how Jimin's dad would react. The constant knocking on her window didn't help either.

     Wait a second...

     She jumped out of bed and hurried to the window, only to find Jimin standing on her balcony, grinning from ear to ear. "Hi," he mumbled sheepishly. She yanked him inside before the guards could see and smacked him on the head. "OW!" he half yelled.

     "You already know how much trouble we're in and you're sneaking out again!" she scolded him.

     Jimin rolled his eyes. "Relax. I wanted to give you something."

     Curiosity got the better of Elora and she motioned him to sit with her on her bed. "What is it?"

     Jimin reached into his pocket and pulled out an emerald bracelet--no, the emerald bracelet that she was admiring earlier today at the Novean marketplace. "Oh my gosh, Jimin," she said in awe, "how did you get this?"

     He grinned, pleased at her reaction. "The lady gave it to me."

     "Why would she do that?" Elora asked curiously.

     "Oh, no reason," he quickly changed the topic. "Give me your hand."

     "Wait, you got this for me?" she asked, her eyes wide.

     "You didn't think I was gonna wear it, did you?" he snickered. She rolled her eyes and allowed him to clasp the bangle around her wrist, noticing how gentle his hands were on her skin.

     "Thanks Jimin," she said, admiring it. "It's beautiful."

     Jimin looked at her, the moonlight falling softly on her face. "It really is."

*********

     Meanwhile, by the river, the Duke had finally reached the shores of the Kadence Kingdom.

     "Now where did those little rascals run off to..." he spoke to himself. But it seemed he spoke too loud.

     "Who goes there?" a guard bellowed, catching the Duke in the middle of his antics. "Who are you? And where did you come from?" the guard questioned.

     "It's not what it looks like! Please, I just came from the kingdom of Novea," he tried to reason.

     "Novea?? Arrest this man immediately!" he instructed his fellow guards, as they hurried to handcuff him.

      "Wait, wait! I have something important. It involves the Vida Gem!" 

 |>

|/\|

|/\*/\|

I*/\*/\*I

A/N: Hey guys! We hope you're liking the story so far!! It's only uphill from here, so stay tuned for the next chapter! 

Love,

P and J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 59.3K 106
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
249K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
68.6K 1.4K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
148K 5K 100
'How I obsessively adore you' ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ started➛30/03/2024 finished➛ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ cover by me x