Valerie's Contractor ||Comple...

By Annyink

He placed his palms on both sides of my cheek, and caressed my face ever so gently. Gazing into my coffee bro... More

Flickers
Sparks
Cafรฉ au lait
Platonic
En route
Alan's place
Not so platonic
La fรฉminin grace boutique
The reunion
No calls?
Heck! not those chests again!
Plummeted
I knew I never liked that chick
TV remote control
Mails!!!
Pop corns and late night movies
The Tayos Crib
Alan's Family
Am I good enough?
Grandma's 90th birthday
Stars of the night sky
Rooftop Lounge
The unexpected reaction
The Decision
A/N

A kiss or two.

367 74 9
By Annyink

"Girlfriend??" Alan asked, staring at me in utter confusion. "What girlfriend are you talking about?"

Was he really gonna deny his chick now? After speaking so intimately with her in my presence? He must think I am stupid. "The one you spoke to while we were purchasing those building materials. The one you said I love you to?"

Alan gawked at me in disbelief. His cute mouth that I still longed for even in this circumstance, was slightly agape. "Huh? are you talking about Shalewa?!" He asked, then smashed into a peal of uproarious laughter.

Why was he laughing? Was he thinking this was some joke???

"Goodness gracious! That's my kid sister! The baby of the house that I used to call Lewa those days." Yo, way to go Valerie. I slapped my head mentally. I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that.

"Oh..." I said, still stupefied at the fact that I wasn't introspective at all before lashing out at him.

"Yeah, oh." He said still chuckling. "That's why you don't gotta conclude before verifying. Uhm, and the other question. I didn't reach out to you, cuz I thought you wanted to keep things simple and platonic, but from all indication, you obviously ain't interested in keeping things simple." He said, ending with his tongue in his cheek this time.

My cheeks flushed. And it certainly wasn't because my skin was sun-kissed. This man always knew how to make me blush senselessly. "Well, that kiss wasn't all that platonic was it?" I said, knowing fully well that I was looking for trouble.

He cocked a brow up. "Oh, really?" He said, then scratched his right cheek softly. He looked like he had something on his mind, like something he was about to do right now. "Throughout the day, I have been trying my best to avoid doing this, but I guess..." He said, leaving the sentence incomplete, as he took two steps toward me, and I took two steps back, which made my back touch the vehicle's body.

He took two steps again, which closed the little distance between us. Then placed his left hand beside my head on the vehicle's body. Then tilted his head lower, and his lips were a hairsbreadth from mine. "I guess you leave me no choice."

In a split second, his delicate lips claimed mine. And Instantaneously my brains turned off as he hungrily fed on my lips. He didn't even give two shits about the fact that his workers might be watching us right now. He just focused on this moment.

When he broke the kiss and looked into my eyes they were all dreamy. "Hope that answers your first question?" He asked, in a low soft tone.

I was too speechless to reply. I could barely breathe well. Like I said earlier, if this man was a playboy, he would have been a damn good one.

"Wē yo! Madam! I think say you talk say oga na just kwantracta?" Jeepers Creepers! I wasn't aware we had an audience.

****************************************************************************************

I stared at my wristwatch as I waited for the elevator to open. When it did, a couple dressed in matching outfit came out. I recognized them immediately, they were the young couple I saw in the morning at the cafe.

"Excuse me please." The young man called my attention. When I was about entering the elevator. "Could you please take I and my wife a snap or two?"

I looked at them for some seconds. How could I say no? They looked too adorable. I never knew they were a married couple, all along I thought they were just bae and boo, cuz they looked really young. The lady looked 24 and the guy 27.

"Sure... Since it's just a few." I said.

"Oh! Definitely, just two." The guy said, indicating the "two" with his fingers. Then he handed me the camera he was holding. Then rushed back to his wife and wrapped his arm around her hips and struck a pose. I couldn't help but smile. The young man obviously couldn't get his hands off his brand new tear-leather wife. The lady kept blushing endlessly.

I took two shots and handed the camera back to the young man who quickly collected it. They both expressed their profound indebtedness.

"Thank you, thank you so much." Then they were off. Teasing each other gleefully. Haha, they looked like secondary school lovers.

I punched the elevator button and waited for the door to open. Once it did, I stepped in. When it got to floor 8, the door opened and I got out. At my bedroom door, I used my door card, and the room door opened.

The room was exactly the way I left it. Neat and calm. I found the tv remote and turned on the big LED tv, not that I wanted to catch up with a favorite tv show or something. I just wanted the place to be a bit more lively.

I bounced on the bed with my butt. Then pulled off the carton colour boots, and wiggled my small toes. These feet were really weary from rocking this boots all day.

The music channel on tv started playing one of my favorite songs, Shine by Johnny Drille. It put a broad smile on my face. I hummed the song softly as I freshened up.

I was done taking my bath then I dressed up in my skimpy pj's. I lazily strolled over to the other side of the room, to where the little makeshift kitchen was. Then I brought out the leftovers of the shrimps I ordered yesterday, it was so cold, so I placed it in the mini microwave to warm it up. I was used to microwaving my food though. In the US, I always did that, because I scarcely ever cooked. And whenever I did, there were always superfluous that I had to store up some in the refrigerator.

I poured myself a glass of water, then waited for my dinner to warm up. I peeped at the clock in the room, it was already 9:00 PM. I yawned a little, due to tiredness, hunger, and sleepiness.

Once the microwave made that ting sound, I hastily served up the shrimp on a plate. Then I took it to the room and devoured it, while I watched tv.

When I was done with the meal, I called room service to clear up my plate. They ought to have done that yesterday, but when they came to do it, I told them I wasn't done with the food.

After closing the room door, I crawled into the bed and coated myself with the duvet, cuz the night was a pretty cold one. Then I watched tv, with the hope that I was gonna doze off in the process, but no, that wasn't the case. I couldn't sleep, flashes of the events of the day kept flashing in my mind.

I crawled out of the bed. Then I sat down in front of my laptop. I turned it on, then checked my email. I had 247 unread emails, all from Alpen real estates. "Oh, God." I muttered, how was I gonna read all of these? I nibbled on my finger as I thought. I left the US a week plus ago, and the whole United States suddenly needed my services?

Ring!!!!!

The sound of my phone caught my attention. I quickly got up from the chair and picked the phone. The call was from Alan. Involuntarily, I smiled at my phone screen. Then I picked the call.

"Fine girl what's up?" He said, with that voice of his that sounded like music to my ears.

"I am great and you?" I said, trying my best to conceal how happy his call made me feel. I strolled to the balcony. The chilled night breeze caressed my skin.

"So... I called to find out how you are doing" He said. I could hear some movement in his background.

"I am cool. Wait, what are you doing?" I just had to ask.

"Uh, don't mind me. I just got in a few minutes ago, so I am trying to fix myself dinner. I know you might be wondering why I arrived so late, it's because of this annoying Lagos traffic." He said.

"Nah. I am actually wondering about something else... Haha, I never knew you could cook."

"Hahaha! Really? Well... I know how to cook, but not too well though. I can make noodles, boil rice, and fry eggs. But anything apart from that is always a struggle."

I loved the way we flowed whenever we shared a colloquial. I didn't have to be too careful. I could laugh as freely as this cool night breeze. "Hahaha. I see. Well, what do you expect? You were doing fine bobo no pimples, when mom was trying to show you your way around the kitchen naw." I said, this time I couldn't hide how ecstasy encompassed me. Speaking to him felt great!

"Awwwwn. Someone thinks I am a fine guy. That's so cute." He said, sounding all cheesy.

I slapped my forehead playfully. "How did he get to turn savagery to his own favor?" I said, sounding like as if I was thinking out loud to myself.

"Well, maybe because I am some cunning tortoise or something like that." He said, chuckling.

"You definitely are."

"But about the cooking stuff, you don't have to blame me though. Mom was always all up on Lewa's case. Mrs. Tayo has this ideology most Naija mothers have sha, that it is compulsory for a daughter to be a good cook and not all that necessary for the male folk... I guess it's because they always train their daughters to aspire for marriage, and they fail to do the same to their sons, which I find really really erroneous... Anyways, speaking of Shalewa, Haha. I can't wait to inform her of how you came at me, thinking she was my girlfriend. Hahaha, Lord of life! It's gonna make her laugh her butt off I swear." He said laughing out loud.

Oops! Was he really gonna do that? "Should I beg you not to tell?" I said, sounding remorseful.

"Eh? Beg me ke? No ooo. I am a corrupt Nigerian, so I don't accept begging, but I always accept a bribe."

"Ah! You are a suspect! EFCC is looking for your type." I said, laughing gleefully.

"Me? Do you know who ah be? I am a smooth criminal baby." He said, sounding all dramatic and playful at the same time. Then he sobered up. "But seriously though, you are gonna bribe me. I have a proposal to make. You spoke about your love for kids today, and since that is one of the things we share in common, I would like us to take up the project of painting the kids' room." The way he said "the kids' room." Felt like as if he was talking about our kids. I imagined what it would feel like carrying a little Alan in me. I beamed at that thought.

"Sure. I would love to paint with you." I said without hesitating.

"Great. That would give us enough time to discuss. You questioned me today, but I think it's my turn to question you too Ms. Valerie Okofu."

A/N

Well, what's on brother's mind????

Find out in the chapters yet to be dished in🌹Valerie's contractor.🌹

Thanks for reading.😁😋😋 Please don't forget to vote ☑️ comment💬 and share.

Can you keep a secret?🤫🤐👇

I love you😻🥰🥰❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 3.5K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
54.2K 13.5K 47
***A Nigerian Novel***** After Ebube had spent most of her life in Canada, her parents decides to send her to Nigeria to learn manners and complete...
11K 533 63
โ› ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ค๐ž๐ฉ๐ญ ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. โœ โ› ๐“๐ก๐š๐ง๐ค ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ. โœ โบ ใ€€ . โœฆ . ใ€€...
11.7K 2K 12
"Finding happiness within because that's where true joy lies." Damilola Amarachi Oyelowo is an independent doctor forging a new life for herself in t...