Addicted To You {STILES STILI...

By noclearpath

Cassidy Campbell's life couldn't be better. She has the best dad anyone could ever ask for. Amazing friends... More

CAST
NAKED AND AFRAID
COUPLE TIME
EATING LIVERS
SMELLING THE TEAM
"AN INNOCENT PERSON"
SEIZURES AND SECRETS
TOUCHY FEELY
SENSATIONAL
SAD DINNER CLUB
GONE
SAYING GOODBYE
DAD'S GAME
DROWNING AND COPING
KANIMA EXPERIMENTS
STUDY GROUP
JACKSON IN THE JUNGLE
THE BABYSITTER'S CLUB
BACKSEAT SHENANIGANS
DADDY ARGENT
CATWOMAN'S CLAWS
TOOLS AND THEORIES
VEGGIES AND TICKETS
MAGIC FAIRY DUST
SEX TALK
ROALLY KICKED ASSES
HALLUCINATIONS
STILES THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN
MATT'S STORY
THE ONE WITH BLACKOUTS AND MOM FINDING OUT
MYTHICAL MYSTERY
SIREN SONG
CASSIE'S COUNSELING
STILES' FIRST GAME
PETER THE ZOMBIE WEREWOLF
I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE
HOW IT USED TO BE
ADDICTED TO YOU
NEW BOOK!

NO ONE IS NORMAL

614 15 0
By noclearpath

First Person

Episode: Battlefield
Chapter 32

"You know it's gonna be great having you live here. I mean think about it. We can borrow each others cloths and shoes. Do each others hair and nails. It's gonna be so much fun." Lydia tells me as we sit in her room.

I got here a few hours ago. There are a few bags of stuff in my new room full of clothes and makeup.

They said that I should be the one to pack up anything else before selling the house.

I haven't been to my house since before my dad died.

Anytime I needed something from there I would send someone else. It was too hard to be there knowing my dad wouldn't ever be there with me.

"Yeah. It will be great to know I have somewhere to be permanently." I tell her smiling.

"Have you heard from Allison?" I ask Lydia.

She frowns. "No. I don't think anyone has."

I nod in understanding.

"We should get going. I have an appointment with the guidance counsellor." I say getting up and grabbing my bag.

She scoffs. "Have fun. She's a joy."

I roll my eyes and laugh as we head out the door.

Third Person

Sitting in the guidance counsellors office is Stiles.

He was told that it would be good for him to talk about what happened at the police station.

He had been reluctant at first but he's needs to talk to someone.

There's some things that he has to say that he can't tell Cass.

He doesn't know how to say it to her.

"You know, when you're drowning, you don't actually inhale until right before you black out. It's called 'voluntary apnea.' It's, like, no matter how much you're freaking out, the instinct to not let any water in is so strong that you won't open your mouth until you feel like your head's exploding. But then, when you finally do let it in... that's when it stops hurting. It's not scary anymore. It's-it's actually kind of peaceful." Stiles tells Ms. Morrell.

"Are you saying you hope Matt felt some peace in his last moments?" She asks the boy.

"I don't feel sorry for him." Stiles tells the older woman.

"Can you feel sorry for the nine-year-old Matt who drowned?" She asks him.

Stiles scoffs at the thought. "Just because a couple of dumbasses dragged him into a pool when he couldn't swim, doesn't really give him the right to go off killing them one by one."

"And, by the way, my dad told me that they found a bunch of pictures of Allison on Matt's computer. And not just of her, though. I mean, he Photoshopped himself into these pictures-- stuff like them holding hands, and kissing... You know, like, he had built this whole fake relationship. So, yeah, maybe drowning when he was nine years old was what sent him off the rails, but the dude was definitely riding the crazy-train." Stiles tells her with anger.

What if it had been Cass that he was stalking. He thought to himself.

"One positive thing came out of this, though... Right?" Morrell asks him.

She's referring to the fact that his father is not Sheriff again.

After he revealed that Matt was the one behind all the murders he was let back on as Sheriff.

"Yeah. Yeah... but I still feel like there's something wrong between us. I don't know. It's just, like, tension when we talk. Same thing with Scott." Stiles says sadly.

He knows his dad is still mad at him for the things he's done lately.

"Have you talked to him since that night?" Morrell tries to dig deeper.

Stiles shakes his head at her. "No, not really... I mean, he's got his own problems to deal with, though..."

At the McCall house Scott is outside his mothers room trying to talk to her.

"Mom?" He tries.

"Mom, we're gonna have to talk about this eventually..." He tells her.

Melissa McCall stands in her room listening to her son, but is too scared to talk.

"Okay. I'm going. I love you." He's says sadly as he gets no answer.

His mom is terrified of her own son.

"I don't think he's talked to Allison, either... But that might be more her choice, you know?" Stiles tells Morrell.

"But, I guess it brought her and her dad closer..." Stiles trails off.

Him and Allison were never very close. They were friends. He's worried that she might be making a big mistake.

"Jackson hasn't really been himself lately..." Stiles says thinking of the boy who never wanted to be a killer.

It was just what he turned into.

"What about Cassidy?" Morrell asks him.

Stiles looks up at her at the mention of his girlfriends name.

"I don't know. I mean with everything that's she's been through lately from her dad to what Matt did it's just she's not okay." Stiles says sadly.

"Did she tell you this herself?" Morrell asks him.

She has a meeting with the girl right after Stiles.

She wants to try and figure out everything that she can.

Stiles shakes his head at the woman. "No. She keeps telling me she's okay. I know her though. I know when's she's lying. She doesn't want to burden anyone with her problems so she keeps it in. I can usually get it out of her but this time it's almost like she doesn't trust me."

Morrell nods at him.

"Actually, the funny thing is, as of right now, Lydia is the one who seems the most normal..." Stiles tells her.

He had to stop talking about Cass. He didn't want to end up saying something that he would regret.

He didn't want to tell her about at really happened to Cass.

He was wrong about Lydia being normal though.

There is still something wrong with her.

Just she doesn't know what it is yet. No one does.

No one is normal. No one is okay.

"And what about you, Stiles? Feeling some anxiety about that championship game tomorrow?" Morrell asks him.

He's chewing on the net of his lacrosse stick. She knows he's nervous.

"Why would you ask me that?" He says surprised.

How did they go from killer classmate to lacrosse game?

She just gives him a look saying 'talk to me'.

"...Ah." He hesitates.

"Uh, no. I-I never actually play. But, hey, since one of my teammates is dead, and another one's missing, who knows, right?" He tries to play it off cool.

"You mean, Isaac-- one of the three runaways. You haven't heard from any of them, have you?" Morrell asks him.

Why does she want to know? Stiles wonders.

"How come you're not taking any notes on this?" He asks her.

He's been talking a lot. Telling her some pretty important things.

"I do my notes after the session." She tells him.

"Your memory's that good?" He says.

"How about we get back to you." She smiles.

Stiles doesn't say anything.

He sits there as he doesn't really know what to say anymore.

Morrell looks at him. "Stiles?"

"I'm fine." He says not really believing it himself.

He nods. "Yeah, aside from the not sleeping, the jumpiness, the constant, overwhelming, crushing fear that something terrible's about to happen."

"It's called 'hypervigilance.' The persistent feeling of being under threat." Morrell tells him.

"But it's not just a feeling, though... It's-it's like it's a panic attack, you know? Like I can't even breathe." Stiles stutters.

"Like you're drowning?" She questions.

"Yeah." He tells her nodding.

"So, if you're drowning, and you're trying to keep your mouth closed until that very last moment... What if you choose to not open your mouth? To not let the water in?" Morrell asks him.

Stiles shrugs at her. "You do anyway. It's a reflex."

She nods and asks. "But, if you hold off until that reflex kicks in, you have more time, right?"

"Not much time." Stiles answers. 

"But more time to fight your way to the surface?" She questions.

"I guess..." Stiles says a little unsure on how to answer.

She can tell he's unsure yet she still has questions.

"More time to be rescued?" She asks.

"More time to be in agonizing pain. I mean, did you forget about the part where you feel like your head's exploding?" He tells her.

She nods. "If it's about survival, isn't a little agony worth it?"

"But what if it just gets worse? What if it's agony now, and then-and it's just hell later on?" He says.

He's really opening up to her.

"Then think about something Winston Churchill once said... 'If you're going through hell, keep going.'" Morrell tells him.

He sits there for another minute before he gets up and leaves.

He walks out to find Cass waiting.

"Hey. I didn't think you were coming today." He says as she gets up to hug him.

"I wasn't going to. I thought it would be good though. If I want things to feel normal again or as normal as they can be I need to be here." She tells him.

He nods.

He can see in her eyes there's something she wants to tell him.

She just doesn't know how.

Alright so I wasn't gonna add in that part with Stiles but I thought it needed to be there. Also I know that that stuff happened at the beginning of the episode but let's pretend that the beginning of the episode was the hospital stuff. Also next chapter will be Cass talking Morrell and the lacross game. Then one more episode. We're almost done season 2. I can see the end. Xox

*Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
20.9K 476 31
this is the sequel to my book, Crash. Go read that first, then come back when you're done.
6.6K 144 15
{Sequel to Demons} *** "Dean, what did you do?" "I made a deal... ...to bring you back..."
196K 4K 14
"There's one thing I realized from this: You never loved me." Growing up in the Umbrella Academy was never a picnic for Valerie. Out of the seven kid...