Captain Young | P. Parker

By LilyHemsworth

❝ Peggy is the one he was supposed to fall in love with, not me! ❞ - Peter and his best friend [Y/N] get... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five

Chapter Four

861 44 28
By LilyHemsworth

Peter adjusted his suit in the mirror and quickly ran his fingers through his hair to make himself look more presentable. It was insane to think about all of the events that have happened in a couple of days. Peter just hoped that this certain occasion. Peter had all the trust in you though. If you said that everything was going to be fine, he knew that it was going to be okay. He couldn't find the reason behind why he was so nervous, but it soon came to him.

You were going on a date with young Steve, which was pretty weird to think about. You were practically dating his leader, his father figure, his friend. The only thing bothering him was that it was him that you were dating. Peter always wanted to take you on a date, but never found the courage to, but he knew if young, awkward Steve could do it, Peter certainly could in the future. Peter glanced down at his watch and saw that it was a few minutes away before Steve was going to arrive.

Peter walked up to the white bathroom door and lightly knocked on it. He leaned close and said your name through the door.

"You almost done in there [Y/N]?" peter asked. "Steve is going to be here in a few."

"I'm ready," peter overheard your voice, but it wasn't coming from inside the bathroom. "would you mind holding these for me real quick?"

Peter turned to the side, his eyes widening in amazement from the beauty that had entered his line of sight. You worse a perfectly clean, red dress that matched your figure flawlessly. Your hair was curled cutely and the lipstick on your lips made Peter want to clash his against them. He blinked as you waved your earrings in front of him, snapping his back into reality. He quickly apologized and swiped the earrings out of your hand to hold them.

"Wait, if you're right there,  then who's in the—"

The bathroom door swung open and a wretched stench left it, causing you and Peter to immediately pinch your noses. Out came the teenage boy who let you crash at his place for the past few days at his house, thanks to Peter and his popularity. He flipped the fan on his bathroom and smiled at Peter but glared coldly at you as he walked back into his bedroom. Peter reached in pulled the door shut. He looked over at you and you both shuddered in unison.

"You know, I know it's been like two days here, but I'm already missing our time," you admitted, sliding on your red sparkly flats. "I especially miss Hayden. I wonder if he wonders where I've been for the past two days."

"Forget about Hayden," peter scoffed in disgust. "What about the team? Do you even think they know that we're gone? The fact that we've been here this long either means they haven't found out yet or just don't want to save us."

"Whatever the case, I'm sure they're doing something to get us out," you spoke, doubting your own words. "I mean...I hope so. We kind of left on a pretty bad note with Captain. He probably wants to keep us here for a while just to teach us a lesson."

Three loud knocks came at the front door, which cut the conversation short. You were the first to head down the stairs with Peter right behind you.

"You know [Y/N], I forgot to tell you this when I saw you," peter said, sauntering down the stairs behind you. "I think you look beautiful in that dress."

You froze on the stairs and turned to look up at Peter who was now tomato red. You gave a small smile.

"Thanks Peter," you thanked sincierely. "you look pretty sharp yourself."

The fire of passion flamed in Peter's face. Even though he knew that you were going to compliment him back, he still wasn't prepared for it. You turned back around and made your way up to the door, inhaling a deep breath before yanking the door open. Peter peeked over your shoulder, only to see Steve eyeballing you the exact same way that he did to you earlier. Peter cleared his throat uncomfortably as Steve praised the look that you had.

"Thanks Steve, you're real sweet," you expressed thankfully, stepping out of the house. "Peggy is definitely going to fall for you looking like that!"

You patted him on the shoulder as you walked past him. Peter stepped out and stared at Steve who was staring at you make your way town toward his car. Steve turned back around to catch Peter glaring at him, startling Steve.

"Oh, um, sorry, you're Peter right?" steve asked, narrowing his eyes at the teenage boy in deep thought. "I remember that you're her best friend. Are you like, super overprotective of her?"

"Something like that, yes."

Steve observed Peter's face. "You like her, don't you?"

Peter blinked. "What?"

"Don't worry man, I'm not planning on kissing her or anything tonight," steve claimed, patting him on the shoulder. "you seem nice, so I wouldn't want to upset you like that."

Peter smirked. "Oh um...Thanks man."

"Anytime," steve said with a smile. "now, let's get going, we don't want to miss the movie!"

> < > > < > <

The movies had the sweet aroma of buttery popcorn, which was your favorite thing in the world. You walked into the theater with your arm linked with Steve's and Peter walking on the other side of you. Although you were practically supposed to only be with Steve, Peter still wanted to be by your side the entire night. He needed to make sure you didn't want to try anything too spontaneous and mess up the past anymore than you already have.

Steve found his group of friends and walked up to them with you right beside him. You smiled at the other girls with his friends, but mainly kept your eyes on Peggy who had come with the cutest guy there. Steve introduced you and you greeted everyone kindly, but you instantly realized that Peggy was all over her date. You understood that she was on a date and that you should focus on your date, but she was getting more physical than you wanted her to be with him.

You glanced to the side to see Steve sadly staring at Peggy flirting with her date. She didn't even acknowledge him ever since he entered. Peggy and her date walked right past Steve. The sad thing was that Steve said hello to her but she treated him as if he was completely invisible. You gripped tighter onto Steve's arm.

"Don't worry Steve," you whispered softly toward him. "we'll get her to notice you tonight."

"Who's the other guy?" one of Steve's friends commented, pointing at Peter. "Where's his date?"

"Oh, um, I didn't have one," peter answered with a shrug. "I kind of came here just to watch over [Y/N]. You know don't want her having too much fun with Steve, right?"

You didn't give a sympathetic chuckle and stared blankly at Peter who was the only one who made a peep after that little joke. You didn't even want to think about kissing Steve tonight, but Peter kept fretting that it was going to be happen. The leader went on and directed everyone to follow behind him while he led the entire group to the movie theater room where the movie was. You tried to keep up with Peggy and in the end, you were able to reach the goal that you were striving for. You were able to get Steve to sit beside Peggy while you were sat on the other side.

Peter sat down on the other side of you and checked his watch. He looked up at the screen that was still pitch black.

"The movie isn't even supposed to start for another half hour," peter informed, leaning over toward you. "I don't understand why we're here so early."

"Because of concessions," steve answered, leaning forward to look at Peter. "I'll get them later, but Peggy and her date are going first."

You all watched her as she left hand in hand with her date out of the aisle. You blew out a breath of despair, this wasn't good. She looked madly in love with that man and it was the most frustrating thing in the world knowing that she was going to end up with someone who she wasn't meant for.

"She hasn't even looked at me once," steve commented unhappily, slumping in his chair. "and I'm sure she's not planning on doing it anytime soon."

"Steve, the date just began," you pointed out, trying to lighten up the mood. "I say maybe at dinner she'll give a little more attention toward you?"

You didn't even believe yourself as you spoke those words. Steve was right. Peggy probably didn't know that Steve existed! There had to be a way to get her to notice him though, you just couldn't make out what it was quite yet. Peter pulled you out of your thoughts as he announced that he needed to use the restroom. Peter left the aisle and walked out of the theater room, only to instantly hear a shriek from the side.

He snapped his eyes to the side and saw Peggy getting pinned up against the wall. She tried to wiggle out of his grip but it was clear that he was overpowering her. Peggy screamed for mercy, but the man was giving her none. Peter furrowed his eyebrows and raced up to the large man, calling him out by his name. He knew tons of combat fight moves from Steve in his original time, which was exactly what he used on the man. Punch after punch, Peter sent the scary man running out the door.

Peter huffed and looked over to see Peggy approaching him with a wide smile. She immediately engulfed him in a tight hug, loudly expressing her gratitude.

"You're my hero!" she declared happily, hugging him tighter. She pulled away and smiled at him. "My stupid date just ran like a coward and I don't think he's coming back."

"Oh, well um, anytime I just—"

Peggy grabbed Peter by the collar and forcefully pulled him close to smash her lips upon his, causing Peter's eyes to shoot wide open in surprise.

"P-Peter?"

Peter ripped his lips off of Peggy's and snapped his eyes to the side, only to see the all-to-familiar disappointed facial expression. It was Steve.

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

Hello!

Thanks for giving this book a chance, it honestly means the absolute world to me. I've had this idea on my mind for a while and I just decided to write it out.

I hope that you guys will be able to stick with me throughout this journey, and if not, thanks for the read anyways.

Updates will be every Sunday.

I love you all 3000 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

758K 20.5K 76
မင်းဟာ လူသားတွေကိုကယ်တင်နေတဲ့ဆရာဝန်မလေးပေမယ့်ကိုယ့်အတွက်တော့ အချစ်တွေကုသပေးမယ့် အချစ်ဒေါက်တာမလေးပါ..... #စဝ်ခ...
62.6K 1.7K 33
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, Victoria Perez goes to the love island villa to find love.
1.4M 32.2K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.
796K 48K 120
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...