The Order of the Phoenix | He...

By kieran_w

Your fifth year at Hogwarts is waiting for you, but the question is: will you be there? More

Book Five
1. The Funeral
2. Grimmauld Place
3. An Explanation
4. Lucius Malfoy
5. The New Malfoy
6. The End Of Summer
7. The New Teacher
8. Defence Against The Dark Arts
9. A Mere Coincidence
10. Slytherin Quidditch Tryouts
11. Hogwart's High Inquisitor
12. The Hog's Head
13. Education Decrees
15. Weasley Is Our King
16. A Christmas Kiss
17. Arthur Weasley
18. The Boy Who Also Lived
19. Dumbledore's Proposition
20. Sirius' Story
21. Marissa's Story
22. The Inquisitorial Squad
23. Dumbledore's Disappearance
24. The Moon And The Stars
25. A Forgotten Childhood
26. Occlumency
27. A Meeting With A Malfoy
28. Hermione's Boggart
29. Potter's Vision
30. The Department of Mysteries
31. The Traitor
32. The Death Of A Father
33. The End Of Fifth Year

14. Dumbledore's Army

5.8K 231 36
By kieran_w

Y/N's POV

This specific morning, I found myself next to Hermione, reading a book.

"When's the first meeting?" I asked Hermione.

"We haven't found a place yet." Hermione said, disappointment in her voice.

Placing my book down, I grabbed Hermione's hand and pulled her up. "C'mon 'Mione, I'm going to show you a place."

Taking Hermione out the library and through the corridors, I lead her to a place I had been before on the seventh floor. Her hand still in mine, we navigated through and luckily for us, we didn't run into many people. When I arrived, there was no door but in my mind, I repeated the same sentence over and over again.

"I need a place for people to practice Defence Against the Dark Arts."

Not long after, a door appeared and next to me, Hermione was in awe. I gave her a smile before opening, the door and showing her. The walls were lined with wooden bookcases and instead of chairs there were large silk cushions on the floor. A set of shelves at the far end of the room carried a range of instruments such as Sneakoscopes, Secrecy Sensors and a large, cracked Foe-Glass.

"This is perfect!" Hermione said, before grabbing a book off the shelf and starting to read it enthusiastically.

"You're welcome," I said with a smug grin, "you can tell Harry about this and I'll meet you guys here tonight, at eight."

Hermione nodded, she hugged me before resuming to read her book.

Later that night, I never returned to the Slytherin Common Room and found myself staying in the library for most of the day. Sure Draco would ask a lot of questions but I was capable of looking after myself, I didn't need a bodyguard at all times. At around quarter to eight, I made my way to the seventh floor, going to the same place where I took Hermione. Once I had got there, I was greeted by Hermione, Harry and Ron along with the other members who signed up. The door appeared upon request and the group walked in, marvelling this secret Room of Requirement.

"I think we ought to elect a leader." Hermione said, once everyone had taken in their surroundings.

"Harry's leader," said Cho at once, looking at Hermione as though she were mad.

"Yes, but I think we ought to vote on it properly," said Hermione, "it makes it formal and it gives him authority. So, everyone who thinks Harry ought to be our leader?"

Alongside everyone, I raised my hand.

"Er - right, thanks," said Harry, who's face had gone quite red, "and...what else Hermione?"

"I also think we ought to have a name," she said brightly, "it would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"

"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" said a girl named Angelina hopefully.

"Or the Ministry of Magic are Morons Group?" suggested Fred Weasley, one half of the Weasley twins.

"I was thinking," said Hermione, frowning at Fred, "more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside meetings."

"The Defence Association?" I suggested. "The DA for short, so nobody knows what we're talking about."

People agreed with my idea but there was still a suspicion that I was there to sabotage them, since I was a Slytherin and a Malfoy.

"Yeah, the DA's good," said Ginny Weasley, the youngest Weasley child, "only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army, because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?"

There was a good deal of appreciative murmuring and laughter at this.

"All in favour of the DA?" said Hermione. "That's a majority, motion passed!"

She pinned the piece of parchment with all of their signatures on it on to the wall and wrote across the top in large letters: DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY.

"Right," said Harry, "shall we get practicing then? I was thinking, the first thing we should do is Expelliarmus, you know, the Disarming Charm. I know it's pretty basic but I've found it really useful"

"Oh, please," said Zacharias Smith, rolling his eyes and folding his arms, "I don't think Expelliarmus is exactly going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?"

"I've used it against him," said Harry quietly, "it saved my life in June."

Smith opened his mouth stupidly. The rest of the room was very quiet and I had to resist my strong urge to burst out laughing.

"Of course, if that's beneath you I reckon you can leave, don't you think Harry?" I said whilst looking at Harry.

Smith did not move. He gave me a stern look and opened his mouth to say something but Harry cut him off.

"Ok, I reckon we should all divide into pairs and practice." Harry said and everyone agreed, after all, he was the leader.

I paired up with Hermione and I let her disarm me. "Why won't you have a go?" asked Hermione.

I shrugged. "I think I know how to do this."

Hermione looked at me apprehensively, I knew that I was new to Hogwarts but my knowledge was quite advanced for someone in my year. I had often come here to practice and learn more, I was already new and I didn't want to fall behind. Although I couldn't recall learning magic before I came to Hogwarts everything came naturally to me.

"You sound so cocky." Hermione commented, folding her arms and looking at me.

"Look, I'll prove it to you." I made eye contact with Hermione, then her wand and then heavily thought about the disarming charm in my head. "Expelliarmus!" I said in my mind and Hermione's wand left her.

"How? What? You didn't say anything?" Hermione said, shocked and astonished.

"Just proves that I can do this. I'm probably a better wizard than Potter if I'm being honest." I said arrogantly.

"Is that so?" said a voice behind me, I turned and saw Harry, a smile on his face. "How about a friendly duel? We can demonstrate duelling to the others."

I smiled, I knew that there would be no hard feelings regardless of who won so I accepted.

"Guys come around here!" Harry shouted, getting the attention of the rest of the group. "Me and F/N are going to demonstrate what a duel looks like."

"He stands no chance!" I heard a voice call out and I smiled, I would definitely be surprising a few people with my skill.

"So before we duel, we have to bow to each other" Harry explained, standing opposite me. The two of us bowed to each other and then held our wands in our fighting stance. There was an odd feeling in my mind, being in a duelling position seemed oddly familiar, my mind flashed and instead of seeing Harry opposite me I saw...an arrogant man with glamorous robes?

I shook my head and quickly dismissed those weird thoughts. I focused on my current duel with Harry, if I was being honest, I wasn't nervous, even though all eyes were on me and Harry part of me felt very confident that I could beat Harry in a duel. The tension was building, it was a Slytherin versus a Gryffindor, the biggest rivalry Hogwarts had. I watched Harry carefully, I knew what he was going to do. He was going to use his signature spell, 'Expelliarmus'

"Three...two...one..." Harry said before shouting. "Expelliarmus!"

Predicting his move, I countered by casting a shield charm non-verbally, my wand still in my hand as Harry looked shocked.

"He can perform non-verbal magic?" I heard a girl say in shock. It took me a while but over my individual sessions learning magic, it was one of the skills I had picked up.

"Stupefy!" I casted, my wand pointing at Harry, he was quick enough to block it so I followed with another spell, this time he was stunned backwards. Sensing an advantage, I waved my wand and said. "Incarcerous!"

Harry was now binded by ropes, on the ground struggling to stand up. Everyone was silent, I had beaten the Boy who Lived. Harry looked so embarrassed and defeated that I felt bad for him, pocketing my wand I looked at Harry and with a wave of my hand, he was free again. Walking over to the boy, I offered him a hand which he gratefully took and pulled him up.

"C-can you teach us?" a random Hufflepuff said, looking at me in awe.

I shook my head. "Harry's the teacher here, he can teach you."

"But he's not as good as you are!" the Hufflepuff protested.

Harry looked quite embarrassed but I firmly declined the offer to teach. After everyone was dismissed from the first Dumbledore's Army meeting, Harry asked me to stay behind.

"How can I help?" I asked Harry, who was accompanied by Ron and Hermione.

"We were thinking, if you want to co-teach with me...I'll be fine with that." Harry said quietly.

"Would you really be fine with that?" I asked, examining the black-haired boy.

Harry nodded and Hermione intercepted. "That would actually be beneficial to everyone since you seem to be very good at duelling and well, Defence Against the Dark Arts."

I smiled. "Alright, you're still the leader Harry but I'll help teach." I extended my hand, offering a hand shake. Almost like a peace-treaty between Slytherins and Gryffindors.

Harry took my hand and shook it. "Deal."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 1K 11
(If you see that there aren't as many chapters as you'd hoped, don't worry, each chapter is roughly about 1000-3000 words each. Enjoy!) Our favorite...
195K 6.4K 33
Your sixth year at Hogwarts comes with a task that brings life or death consequences.
350K 9.4K 24
Your first year at Hogwarts gets a lot more exciting than you imagined.
5K 183 21
In which the fourth year at Hogwarts brings you new challenges and obstacles that you need to face while also being oblivious to your feelings toward...