Awkward (Narry)

By hotteas

✔️ Niall secretly reads fan fiction, Harry secretly writes it, and Louis has an affinity for blue dresses. [F... More

o.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
epilogue.

xvi.

21.3K 1.3K 1.4K
By hotteas

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"You know, we haven't talked in a few days :( I miss us. I'm on spring break finally, and I assume you are too? I'm in LA right now, so our time zones might be a little more off than usual. Unless you live on the west coast? You know, you never said where you lived!! Ahah I'm a creep. Such a creep. Too much creep. I need to stop saying creep. Bai."

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "aha creep

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"Wow I send you a heartfelt message and I get two words in response. Wow. F u

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "technically one word. Aha is a noise.

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"*rolls eyes* details, details

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "So you're in la? Woooooowwwweee

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"Almost met Matty Healy last night omg

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "Who's he?

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"YOU DONT KNOW MATTY HEALY CHRIST HES MY MUSE MY LOVE MY INSPIRATION

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "dork, I was kidding. I love the 1975

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"Theyre my idols I just. They get me some sorta way, man. HEY speaking of some sorta way...

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "oh this oughta be good

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"Shut up you don't know my life

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "Right of course, sorry.

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"The newest chapter of LB...

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "Gave me the impression u so randy

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"Well here's the thing

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "I'm listening

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"Up until this point, all of the smut has been like... Totally character, you know? Like, it's for the characters, by the characters, no outside influences except my own psychotic mind.

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "your mind is pretty psycho

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"Ha ha ha shut up. Annyyywwaaayyy this time, it like... It wasn't? There were more external influences.

TYPE YOU REPLY HERE: "I don't understand? Did you have sex and just write it down? What do you mean?

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"What, omg no no no I'm a virgin

TYPE YOU REPLY HERE: "a fact that has seemed to become more clear with every message

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"-_- you're making this harder for me. I'm like pacing around my kitchen rn

TYPE YOU REPLY HERE: "Aw come on just tell me! It's not like we're ever gonna see each other

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"Noted. Okay, like. So like. You know the guy that I wasn't sure was gay, but then discovered is at least gay enough to like me?

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "I've heard whispers...stories...

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"wellikindasortaimaginedsamandjaxasmeandhim

TYPE YOUR REPLY HERE: "you're gonna have to run that one by me again. I don't speak no spacenese

NEW NOTIFICATION
styleofwonder sent you a message!
"I kinda sorta imagined sam and jax as... me and him?

• • •

"LOUIS." I screech my best friend's name, tumbling out of my bed and rushing into the corridor. He seems to have had the same idea, and we nearly conk heads in the middle of the hallway.

"Bloody fuck, what is it?"

"It's Harry." I scramble to stand and pull Louis up with me, pushing him back into his room.

"What's he do this time? Breathe?"

"Remember when I told you about Harry writing a fan fiction that I read, but he doesn't know that I read it? And we talk online, but he doesn't know it's me? Only, I know it's him, because he made his profile picture a selfie once, and I was like, holy shit! That's Harry! And ever since then, I've been debating continuing reading, because you know, the stuff he posts online is personal and private-"

"Exactly why he puts it on the World Wide Web."

"But I couldn't help it, and I just have to read. There is knowledge in these electronic pages. Knowledge that I need. It's just that this new chapter carries a bit too much knowledge for me to fucking handle."

"What? You find out your boy toy is into watersports or something?" Louis asks. "I just want you to know, it isn't as bad as it sounds."

"Wha-Fu-God-No! Louis, that's gross!" I am appalled that my friend would do such a thing. Granted, he is the person that would do it, and I'm not entirely surprised...just concerned.

"You'd be surprised." Louis mumbles, taking my phone from my hand. "What did you find, then?"

"Well, it was just your standard Lipstick Boy smut chapter." I explain.

"Lipstick Boy?"

"The main character, he uh, he's got a lipstick fetish." I motion putting on lipstick with my hand, and Louis' eyes widen.

"Is that because of me?"

I nod. "Yeah, Harry's got it too, which is why-"

"He always messes with my makeup."

"Yeah."

"Okay," Louis touches his clavicle. "He writes a fan fiction inspired by me?"

"Yeah."

He gasps, plugging in my phone's password. "I'm so flattered."

"I thought he liked you for the longest time." I confess, and Louis makes a face.

"That boy has had eyes for only you and Taco Bell for the past year."

"Same."

"Can I read the story?" Louis asks, and of course. The cocky bastard wants to read the story inspired by him. He's an attention whore.

"I mean, I don't think you want to. You'll know way too much about Harry by the time you're done."

He gives me a look. "Knowledge is power, Niall."

"He said that the latest chapter, which was pure smut, and probably the raunchiest it's been yet, mind you, was based off of his fantasies with me." I spill the beans, and Louis' eyes widen. He scrambles to work my phone, and I give him a look that he misses as he stares at the iPhone screen.

"Are you... Are you reading it, Lou?" I ask tentatively, leaning in, trying to see the screen. Louis hides it from me, and I huff in annoyance.

"I'm conducting research, Niall. Don't interrupt."

"The suspense is going to give me heart palpitations." Groaning, I toss myself back onto Louis' bed and wonder if drowning myself in the pool is a good idea.

"Harry Styles has quite the imagination." Louis muses.

"He really likes lipstick."

"I have a feeling he's never actually experienced it before. Lipstick doesn't taste good." He explains, handing me back my phone.

"He hasn't. He's a virgin, and I was his first kiss." I explain, and Louis smiles widely.

"He's a little princess."

"He's my little princess."

"Harry the Princess."

"Do you think we should buy him some lipstick?" Louis suggests, and I shake my head.

"No! He doesn't know that we know, Louis. We have to pretend we don't."

"Well we have to do something for the pretty, little princess." He bargains, and I roll my eyes.

"What exactly do you think we should get him, then?"

"I have an idea..." Louis says slowly. "But... It will involve your parent's alcohol."

"What kind of alcohol?" I ask, gauging how bad of an idea this is going to be.

"Preferably wine."

"Shit," I stand up. "What are we still doing here? Let's go get some wine."

-

"Oh my god!" I laugh loudly, closing the door behind me. "My dad was right there!"

"I can't believe he didn't catch us." Louis breathes, setting down the four wine bottles we had managed to snatch. Three reds and one white. We had decided the white wine would be the last bottle we opened, because neither of us like white wine unless we're already too drunk to taste anything other than chocolate milkshakes.

"'You boys 'avin fun?'" I mimic my dad.

"Swell, dad!" Louis says in a squeaky voice, grabbing a wine glass I had set out before we snuck to the liquor cabinet.

I pick up one of the bottles of red, and wave it around. "You might even say...we're grape."

"No." Louis stops smiling. "No, you can't say that."

"No?"

"No, you can't."

"Why?"

"We're not even drunk yet. No."

"Oh, right sorry." I mutter.

"If you wanna make those jokes, you've gotta get me drunk."

"I've been drinking, I've been drinking." I sing the song, uncorking the bottle to help pour for Louis.

"We be all night, love, love." Louis picks the bridge to sing, and I fill his glass, grabbing the other one to do the same.

"Hey, Louis..." I say slowly, realizing something.

"Hmm?"

"It's only four in the afternoon."

-

"You guys look like you drank more wine than Matty Healy drank onstage last night." Harry muses, and Louis laughs. "Sound like it too."

"How was your day, Harry?" I ask him, taking a drink of my white wine.

"Not as grape as yours."

"AYE!" Louis points at my laptop screen. "He tells fucking dumb grape puns too. You're perfect together."

"Oh, did you tell a grape joke earlier then, Niall?"

"I did."

"Was it good?" He asks.

I take another sip of wine. "It was grape."

"Hey, wanna know what else is grape?" Louis butts into mine and Harry's intellectual conversation.

"What else is grape, Louis?" I turn to look at him, and he's smirking.

"This lipgloss I stole from your ratchet ass, brat cousin."

"She's fucking seven." I drone, and he shrugs, tossing me the lipgloss. I catch it and try to read the label, but words are fuzzy for me at the moment. Actually, everything is a bit fuzzy for me right now. "Is this My Little Pony?"

"Strawberry Cheesecake, wasn't it?" Louis looks back at it.

"You mean Strawberry Shortcake?" Harry offers from my screen, and Louis gives him a wave of thanks.

"Does it taste good?" I ask.

"It taste grape, Niall." Harry interjects. "Haven't you been listening?"

"You taste grape." I attempt to make a comeback, realize my mistake, and accept the validity of my accidental statement. "No, really. You taste nice."

"Keep it PG, children of grace!" Louis caterwauls, and I laugh along with Harry.

"Children of grace!" I mimic Louis, shrilling my voice.

"My mum's name is Anne, actually." Harry says, and I roll my eyes. Idiot.

"Hey, Niall. Can I put makeup on you?"

"What?" Harry and I ask simultaneously, myself more for show and Harry from pure shock, so it would seem.

"Makeup. On your face. Can I put it there?" He asks again, and he starts locking. "Can I put it on your face? Can I put makeup on your face?"

I decide to join in. "You can put it on my face. You can put makeup on my face."

"Word." Louis chins upward, and rushes to grab his obscenely large makeup bag.

"You two are ridiculous." Harry half laughs, and I look back to him. He has his hand running through his hair, and he looks worried as fuck. It's great.

"Can I make you look extra slutty?" Louis sits back down, unzipping his bag.

"It'll match my footie 'jamas."

"AYE!" Louis says again, lifting his feet to show his own polkadot pair.

"When did you two get footie pajamas?"

"They came in about a week ago."

"Mitch caught a body."

"About a week ago!" I finish for Louis, and he laughs, taking another sip of his wine.

"Give me your pale face. Give it to me." He grabs my cheeks and pulls me to him.

"Violated. I'm so vio-"

"Lin?"

"Lated, actually."

"I've got this purple right here..." Louis digs around in the nearly full case, pulling out an eyeshadow container.

"Purple?" Harry asks.

"Did I stutter?" Louis shoots back, finding a brush for the eyeshadow. "I'm not wasting my foundation and shit on you, sorry babe."

"That's okay." I laugh, trying to sit still for my friend.

"Are you two actually doing this?" Harry asks another question, still sounding as confused and frightened as before.

"Tell us about your concert, sunshine." Louis makes conversation, and out of the corner of my eye, I see Harry sit up straighter.

"Oh, right!" He says excitedly. "Well, they started with this super long light show type thing. There was this buzz, and everybody thought it was going to start, and they would scream, but then it didn't start. And that happened, like, eleven times. When Matty and Ross and George and Adam all came on, the screaming was so loud.

I was really close to the stage, so the sound was shit and I couldn't really record anything, music wise, but I definitely cried during Settle Down. It was so good."

"That sounds so cool." I smile, trying not to open my eyes and mess Louis up. "I wish I could have went too.

"Quit moving!" Louis snips. "I'm trying to turn you into a lady."

"I will never be a lady."

"Right you are, you sale pute."

"That's me." I laugh, and Louis flicks my nose.

"Stop blooding moving, you idiot. I'm almost done with your eyeballs. This is really a lot of purple, though, so if you weren't a slut before..."

"I like your pajamas, Niall." Harry keeps inputting a random subject change.

"Thanks, sunshine."

"On to your lipstick, Niall dearest." Louis giggles. "Open your eyes."

I obey and grab my wine glass to take a drink. "Do I get the lipgloss?"

"No, lipgloss is for the faint of heart. Sluts like you get red matte lipstick."

"Guys..." Harry speaks up again.

"Shh, don't speak, Harry. I'm making Niall beautiful." I watch as Louis tries to keep a straight face, but one look at me and he loses it, falling into fits of laughter. I laugh along, but Harry is silent, watching the two of us.

"You two must be so drunk."

"We are." I say. "Hey, I want marshmallows."

"Those sound disgusting, and I want some." Louis states, holding up a tube of lipstick. "Come hither, and let me draw on you."

I lean forward and let Louis put lipstick on me. It feels weird on my lips, and I already want to lick at it until it comes off. Louis does my bottom lip then pulls away.

"Smack them together a bit." I do. "Now come back here." I do. He puts another coat on, then closes the tube and leans back onto his toes. "My beautiful whore. I love it."

"I love you."

"I swear to God, if you two kiss I'm vomiting." Harry interjects, and Louis and I burst out laughing again. I turn to look at my laptop screen, so that Harry can see the makeup.

"Do I look stupid?"

"You, uh, you look..." Harry stutters. "You look fine."

"Fine?" Louis is appalled. "Fine? I wasted MAC on his face, and all you can say is that he looks fine?"

"Good, I mean." He coughs. "You look good."

"I look great." I huff, and Louis nods to me, drinking the last of his wine and hiccuping a little. "Wait, no."

"What?" Louis and Harry ask simultaneously.

"I don't look great."

"Um, yeah-"

"You look prist-"

I cut them both off. "I look grape."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.5K 12
4.5K 104 10
Description: Louis loves Eleanor. Zayn loves Perrie. Liam loves Danielle. Then there's Harry and Niall. There's no doubt they have feelings for each...
66 0 24
There's no explanation about this story. It's a 1D fanfic!! Take a try and read it :)
577 18 12
not your average one direction fanfic :-)