Meant To Be || KTH

By YoonminSlaysus

[ COMPLETED ] ' I chose him over everyone else.' And ' She left me like we were never meant to be together.'... More

Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 12

639 43 3
By YoonminSlaysus

"...because we still have a lot of time to make new memories."

I looked at him with soft eyes and a smile. He matched my smile and looked away in embarrassment. He was looking away because he was shy. He used to do it back then too. He kept his cup aside and straighten his back. He looked ahead as he pulled himself together.

" We sure do have a lot of time." He said in a normal tone. I rested my hands on the cold wooden floor and leaned back a bit.

" Yep. We do." I saw a small smile crept on his lips as I agreed with him. He was happy that I was on good terms with him. We stayed like that for a few minutes enjoying a peaceful time with nature. The wind continued to blow, making the leaves rustle and birds flying away in search of food.

" Are you hungry ?" Taehyung asked as he turned to me. I shook my head as ' no .' He stood up, taking his cup in one hand and other extending to me.

" I am hungry. Wanna join me ?' He smiled at me with his hand reaching out to me. I flashed a smile and took his hand. We walked back inside and I sat down at the chair around the dining table.

" What are you making ?' I asked resting my chin on my hand.

" Ramen." He replied as he seems to search the cabinets.

" You remember the time, you decided to make me breakfast and burned the toast." I chuckled.

He turned to me with a packet of ramen in his hands and said confidently. " It was the toaster's fault." I tried to not laugh so I looked down. He filled a small pan with water to boil and sat down in front of me.

" I have left the water to boil." He said as he relaxed his muscles.

" What should we do now ?" I asked leaning ahead and resting my hands on the table to look a bit more intimidating.

" Talk." he suggested.

" Go ahead." I replied, sitting back as I know he won't have a topic to talk about.

" Uhmmm..." He rolled his eyes in thought.

We basically knew everything about each other and I bet he would try his best to avoid the topic related to our breakup so he has nothing more to say. We spend some minutes like that by staring at each other and him trying hard to come up with a topic. He is pretty social but he is acting kinda nervous around me just like he did when he made the first move.

" Okay. Since we are friends and we never had a proper introduction so let's do it." I suggested.

" Yes !" He jumped a little on his seat as he was happy that finally we got to talk.

" I'm Mia. Nice to meet you." I extended a hand of friendship towards him.

" I'm Taehyung." he shook my hand warmly. He leaned back and said confidently. " Tell me something about you, Mia."

I raised an eyebrow at his confidence and laughed off. It was like we are playing a game of ' Who looks more intimidating ? ' and he was for sure way better at this. I got reminded of the time when we used to do it in the past because Taehyung loves to play out the scenes of the dramas.

" I love reading books and I do painting sometimes," I replied to him.

" Oh! I know. We did a lot of paintings together, remember ?" He said excitedly and changing his personality from an intimidating one to the curious child.

" I remember them. You have that jacket I painted on ?" I asked him happily.

" Oh! I have it in my closet. You have the sketches we drew together ?" he asked happily and I suddenly realized that my answer to his question was a ' No. '

" Umm... I threw them... away." I said in a small voice, looking away from him and that's when my eyes fell on the pan on the stove. " Isn't your water already boiling ?" I asked pointing at it.

" Oh !" he stood up and went to his pan and I walked with him to see if it was already boiling but the water was still in the same.

" I think the pan has some problem." He said looking at it, disappointed. I laughed at him.

" Here! let me cook it for you." I said turning the heat to medium. The water started boiling and we cooked the ramen together. He wanted to add some garnish so I let him cook the sunny side up eggs and garnish them at the top of his ramen.

" You can eat it now," I said taking the pans and putting them to sink. I washed them as Taehyung took his dish to sit on the table. I walked up to the table as I finished my work and I see another plate of ramen placed right in front the Taehyung.

" What is this ?" I asked as I sat down on the chair. I realized he hasn't touched his plate yet.

" I know you are not hungry but ..." He looks down at his plate with a shy smile. " ... I mean you can eat a little bit with me."

I nodded trying not to smile too much for him but I'm sure he noticed me struggle not to smile the brightest in the room. As I blow the ramen cold, I noticed him staring at me. Seeing that he was caught, he focused on his ramen since then. We ate ramen quietly.

The family came back by the lunchtime and the house felt complete again. The running cousins, grandmother in her armchair, the ladies in the kitchen and the men helping them in a most tiniest way. I helped to cook food too as my leg was much better than yesterday's.

The day went by and it was already nighttime. We had our dinner at the dinner table. The table was filled with steaming hot dishes and a lot of chatters. It was the first time, I let myself be the part of the conversation. Talking and laughing along with the family members felt like we knew each other so well.

After the dinner, when Taehyung and I were getting ready to go to bed. We stood out of the bathroom door, telling the other to use the bathroom first. He needed to wash his face and do his night routine and I needed to brush my teeth.

" You go in first," I said pushing him to the door.

" No! You go first !" he refused to move from his place.

" Okay. We will do toss." I suggested.

" Toss? I'll take head." He said and which pretty much came in the toss so he went to the bathroom first.

" I will take time, Mia." He said sticking his head out of the door frame.

" I have all the time in the world," I replied sitting down the bed and taking the book in my hand.

I know it was pretty lame. Both of us wanting the other to go the bathroom first but since Taehyung and I are on good terms now. I don't mind doing lame things and having fun. I don't mind enacting the drama scenes. I don't mind being weird. I don't mind playing along with him all those boring games and actually have fun while playing them.

I felt like those bookish descriptions of love. Going crazy with your partner and actually enjoying it. I smiled to myself while trying to focus on the book but this feeling of happiness just kept on flooding in and I looked up to find Taehyung's head sticking out and looking at me. I raised my eyebrows at him and he ducked back.

I kept my book aside, walked in the bathroom and started putting the toothpaste on my brush. He stopped doing what he was doing.

" What ?" He asked in confusion.

" You were taking too long so I decided to brush my teeth anyway," I said as I put the brush in my mouth and started brushing.

I stared in the mirror which reflected Taehyung and me standing next to each other. He was about to wash his face but his fringes fell over his forehead so I reached out and pushed them back. I stood there keeping his hair behind with my hand. He washed his face with a smile on his face. We used to do this back in our days as a couple.

We went to bed soon after. Laying in the bed, I thought that maybe this will actually work out. Starting anew. Maybe it will take time but surely work. The fact that things will go back to how they were when we fell in love made me excited. I turned on my side to look at his back facing me.

I looked at his figure sleeping away so soundly. I miss spending time with him. I miss every bit of it. I do know that he made a mistake but I know he has learnt from his mistake and trying everything he can in order to make things right.

My hand reaches out to his hair. My fingertips lightly touching his brown hair. I made sure to do it softly. He suddenly turned to face me and my fingers brushed across his lips touching them as he made a turn to face me. My eyes wide open and his eyes staring back at me playfully as he caught me in my act.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691K 23.7K 59
โit never stops hurting, does it? giving someone the best of you and watching them choose someone else.โž relationships should always have a second ch...
2.1K 164 3
๐‹ove is weakest when there is more doubt & insecurity than trust, but love is strongest when we learn to trust in spite of insecurities. Andthis is...