A Gamer's Journey

By somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... More

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

Go away Alice

252 8 1
By somepersonwhowrites

Chapter 31

Thursday November 28, 2013

8:10 am

(Ivan's POV)

"It's simple, just tell me what O stands for. It's literally one of the first things I taught you" Qaid said. I stare at the floor trying to remember what it stands for.

"Oxygen?" Qaid slowly clapped as he stared at me with a blank expression on his face. 

"Good job, you remember the atomic number?" I think about it for a bit before shaking my head. He  nodded and stood up. "Anyways I have to go somewhere today, see you later." He said as he got up. I nod as we waved goodbye to each other. I look around the cabin, wondering what I should do. There's almost no one here. There were a few people here, but they were way older than me. I stood up and walked out the door. I take out my map and start walking in a random direction. There's the market, but I don't want to waste money. There's also a theater, that sounds fun. I started walking in it's direction slightly excited. I wonder what movies they have.

In the middle of walking I hear someone call my name. I turn around and see Michael speed walking towards me. I put the map in my Inventory and wait for him to catch up.

"Hey, where you going?" 

"To the theater." Michael scoffed at my response. "What's wrong with the theater?"

"It's just people acting, the place doesn't even show any movies." My lips quickly formed a frown. Well now my plans are ruined. "There is a place where robots fight though." My eyes widen as a wave of memories come back to me.

"What kind of robots?" I asked slightly worried. 

"They're just tiny boxes that bump into each other, sometimes they have stuff attached to them. I think one of them had a saw on the front, I really liked that one." I let out a sight of relief. Thank god it isn't the robots I know.

"Where?" 

"Somewhere in the market. I know how to get there though. You wanna go?"

"Yeah sure." Michael nodded and turned around. I quickly walk to his side. I notice a blue hue around Michael as we walked. "What are you doing?"

"Doing the thing."

"What thing?"

"The thing we learned a few days ago." 

"Why though?" 

"My sister told me that using while doing nothing is easy. She told me to use every second I was awake. It's easy though." A jealous feeling formed in my chest. How come he can use it easily? It's tiring to use it for more than a minute.

"How come you can do it easily?" Michael shrugged.

"I dunno, I just think about it, then don't think about it. Then I think about it again, it's weird." That's one of most stupidest things I have ever heard.

"Oh." I replied, not really knowing what to say. Silence fell over us as we walked side by side. Somewhere in our walk Michael's hue faded. He shivered as took a deep breath and did some hand signs. A faint red hue covered him before quickly disappearing. His arms twitched before his arms got bigger a bit. His arms quickly went back to normal as a vein popped out his arms. Oh, that isn't normal. I looked away trying to not think about it, I failed. A chill went down my spine. That must feel so weird, I wouldn't ever want to feel that. "Are we close?"

"Hmm, a few minutes away from the market." I surprised he already remembered the way to the market. It's hard to remember the paths when everything looks the same. We turn a corner, my forehead immediately bump into someone's nose. I cover my forehead with my hand as I took a step back. A high pitched noise came from right in front of me. I look up to see Alice holding her nose. Again? I just ran into her yesterday. 

"Hi." Michael said beside me. Alice groaned as she removed her hand from her nose. I quickly removed my hand from my forehead. 

"That's the only thing you say?"

"What else Am'I supposed to say?"

"I don't know how about a, 'are you okay?'" 

"Oh, right." I rub my forehead as Michael stared at Alice with a tiny smirk. "Are you okay?" Alice glared at him.

"No." A annoying sensation lingered in my forehead. Why is her nose so hard? Alice looked towards my direction. "Why do I keep running into you." I shrug. 

"I have no idea." I replied. She let out a sigh.

"So, where are you going?" I open my mouth to respond but Michael responded before me.

"To the market." Alice raised one eyebrow and pointed to her side.

"You're going the wrong way." I tried my best to not facepalm.

"Oh." Michael said with a little bit of disappointment in his voice. 

"You want me to help?" Me and Michael nod at the same time. "Just follow me." She walked past us and we quickly followed. She looked over her shoulder. "Do you guys have any money?" She said with a slightly excited tone in her voice. I look to the side, remembering how much money I got in the dungeons. 

"No, why?" Michael responded.

"It's a market?" Michael's was blank for a little bit before it finally looked like he got it. 

"What do they have?" I asked. Alice was silent for a bit.

"I don't know, there's always new stuff there." 

"Like what?" I asked.

"Food! Medicine, tools, stuff like that." We walked in silence for a bit before a flat space filled with wooden stalls in neat rows with various products on them came into my vision. Some had fruit, others had books. None of them were the same. The only thing I noticed about the stalls was that there were no modern stuff, there was only stuff from a few generations ago. There were a few signs on the stalls, some of them I could read, some others I couldn't tell what they were trying to say. I lean in closer and try to pronounce one of the signs.

"Fil-filo de ra-rame?" I look down and see coppers wires in a box. What does the sign even mean. I turn around and see the Spanish word for apple. Does this market have signs in different languages?

+1 point to Int for for coming to a right conclusion!

I close the box as Alice appears by my side. "Why are you looking at wires?" I turn my head in her direction.

"I was looking at the sign."Her snapped to the sign.

"What's wrong with it?" 

"The words."

"That's just Italian for copper wires." I look towards the sign. 

"Oh."I said as someone shouted a faint, "hey!" in the distance. I look around for the sound only to see Michael waving at me and Alice. Alice walked in Michael's direction, I quickly followed. As I walked behind Alice I wondered if she know Italian or if she was just lying. I walked to her side and asked her. "So, you know Italian?" She stared at me for a bit before replying.

"Certo che sì, presumo che tu non lo faccia però."(Italian to English for those who can't read Italian: Yeah I speak Italian, I assume you don't though.") I stared at her with a blank expression.

"Huh?" She face palmed.

"Yes I speak Italian." Alice said, her accent flawless. 

"Cool." I looked away from her and notice Michael was gone. "Alice, where's Michael?" She stopped dead in her tracks, her face expressionless.

"I have no idea where he went." I groan internally just from hearing that answer. Why couldn't he wait for just a bit longer? 

"Should we look for him?" Please say no. Someone bumps into me as they walked by, I glared at the person as I realized how much of a pain it would be to find Michael.

"Well, yeah. He was gonna show us something." I roll my eyes as I tried my best not to let out a groan. Alice looked around before speed walking off into the distance. I take a step back. I quickly turn around and start walking. This is the perfect way to not look for Michael. It's not like Alice can find me in this crowd anyway. Before I could take another step a box suddenly appears.

New quest!

Find Michael!

Rewards:

50 xp

$15

Closer bond to Michael and Alice

New skill under Aerokinesis

'Practice Makes Perfect: Complete Italian Grammar' by Marcel Danesi

 Possible Failure Consequences:

Michael will get the wrong idea about you

Alice will you think you left her

You spend the whole day with Alice with nothing happening

No robots will be seen

Accept?

Yes

No

The xp isn't good but I'am interested in the new skill. I don't know why one of the rewards is a language book, but it's a welcome surprise. The consequences aren't that bad either. I spin on my heels and walk towards Alice. I spot Alice talking to a older teenager with tight jeans. She was shouting at the teen, it looked like the teen could't hear her. I caught glimpses of their conversation.

"Vy videli mal'chika s postoyanno menyayushchimsya glazom, kashtanovymi volosami, slegka vysokim?" (A/n it's Russian in case you didn't know, anyways here's the translation:Have you seen a boy with constantly changing eyes, brown hair, slightly tall?) Alice asked in a accent I couldn't put my finger on. The teen shook their head, Alice nodded as she turned around and walked in my direction. Was that Italian? As Alice approached me I decided to ask.

"Was that Italian?" She shook her head.

"Nope, Russian."

"How many languages do you know?" 

"A lot."

"Well did you least find someone who maybe saw him?"

"No." I smack my lips as Alice started looking around. Alice suddenly grabbed by hand and lead my towards a random direction. I jerk my arm out of her grip. She whipped her head backwards  with a confused look.

"Just tell me to follow you." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, sorry." Why can't people just tell me to follow them, and not just grab my hand? "I saw someone I know and was just going to ask them. 

"Okay, I'll follow you. Just don't touch me." She nodded with her face a bit annoyed as walked off, I shortly followed after her. Alice walked up to a girl that looks like she might have been from Japan or somewhere around the area.

"Taezu henka suru me, chairo no kami, chīsana senotakai otokonoko o mita koto ga arimasu ka?" (A/n It's Japanese in case you didn't know. Here's the translation:Have you seen a boy with constantly changing eyes, brown hair, slightly tall?) Alice said in a fluent accent. Her accent was different from before, I wonder what language she was speaking. The girl nodded and pointed to the side. "Arigatō." She said in a happy tone. She turned around and light jogged to me. "I kind of found him!"

"Where is he?" She pointed to the side.

"That direction." What are we supposed to do with that?

"Isn't that kind of vague?" Alice shrugged.

"It's still something." I stare blankly at her.

"I guess." There was a moment of silence between us. I feel like we should go now before Michael somehow ends up on the other side of the market. "Should we go now?"

"Yeah sure."

(Anenoids's POV)

I shakily stare up at the ten feet tall demon, his eyes glowed a bright blue as he stared deeply into my eyes. He patted down his tuxedo, dust  filled the air as he removed his hands. He inspected his sharp, long, red claws, he took off his top hat and cleaned it for a bit. I took deep breaths with my legs shaking as he took a step towards me. My chest filled with fear. The demon let out a sigh filled with disappointment.

"You're telling me, you were killed by a ten year old. Who is a demigod, who also barely started using his powers?" He said in a monotone voice. Strangely his voice sounded human, he didn't sound like a demon.  He put on his top hat casually. I try my best to avoid his gaze, a burning pain suddenly flared up on the side of my face. I look back up, the pain quickly faded. 

"Ye-yea-yeah." He bent down as he reached out claws and grabbed my chin. 

"What's his name?"

"I-Iva-Ivan." He let go of my chin and stood up. His lips formed a smirk as he looked to the side. It kind of looked like he recognized that name. Maybe he knows someone named Ivan? 

"Ivan, Ivan, I like that name." He said. A shiver went up my spine as he stared back at me."Will he be willing to join us? He sounds more competent than you." I felt a ping of sadness in my chest. It wasn't my fault that he just got lucky, that's it, he just got lucky.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Why do you think he would join us?"

"I talked about-about it with him for a bit, kind of hinting it. I think if we just give him some stuff that rich people would have he would join."

"That's it?" I quickly nod my head.

"Yeah, it's not like he has a connection to anyone in the camp or feels something for camp."

"Talk to him about it, telling him everything." The demon turned around and pulled out a phone. "I'll get you tiny people back to whatever city you were in." The demon said in a expressionless tone. One of his claws retracted into his finger as he tapped my forehead. My body swayed side to side as my insides felt like they were covered in ice. "Jump off the building, you'll be transported back." I nod as I walk to the side of the building. My body begged me to collapse and lay there for a day. Wait why does the city look familiar? I look around and realize that it was the place where Ivan and I fought Jana. I get on my knees and shift my body so that I was sitting on the edge. "This time don't mess up."I heard behind me as a strange force push me off the edge. 

The ground quickly rushed up as I hoped that something would happen. I close my eyes and feel my body bounce on a soft surface. I open my eyes and look at a familiar ceiling. I smiled as my stomach growled for food. I never thought I would be so happy to be hungry again. 

(Ivan's POV)

I roll my eyes as I follow Alice across the market. 

"Are you sure he's here?"

"Yeah, my friend said he was here!"

"That's what you said the last time!"

"This time it's gonna be different this time!" Alice looked around while I stared at the ground and kicked the dirt. "I see him!" I quickly look up and see  Michael looking at stall with boxes on the shelves. Finally! Me and Alice excitedly run up to Michael. Alice turns him around as I shout at him

"Why did you leave!" I notice the sun setting in the distance. "Do you know how long we looked for you! The sun's setting now!" Michael stared blankly at me.

"I thought you were guys were following me." I let out a groan as I take a step back and put my head in my hands. 

"So, where are are the robots?" Alice asked.

"Oh, there weren't any robots today." Alice and I let out a groan. "Alice, where's Michael?" I notice a bright green box with the name, 'Ooze lab chemistry slime.' I walk up to the stall and look a the box. I notice the price on a sign with the price next to it. Fifteen dollars, not that bad. I notice a weird symbol with the number one thousand forty one next to it. I hear Michael and Alice talking in the background, I decide to ignore them. The symbol had a P with two lines going across the bottom. I grab the box to get a better look at the box. 

I want this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 1.3K 47
[ BOOK 1 : COMPLETED ] 2019 is when the pandemic broke, little did they know that the Pandemic was just the beginning of an even bigger threat. Fast...
14.7K 1.1K 60
After being left homeless from a destroyed village, two orphans try to make a new life for themselves in the City but things aren't as easy as it see...
852 20 12
Imagine waking up in a forest to a faerie or fairy...or whatever you call them, and are told you now possess omnipotent powers in an entirely differe...
1K 31 1
A threat that turned into a fight. A fight that turned into a battle. A battle that turned into a war. It's the year 2172. Humans and Monsters in...