Meant To Be || KTH

By YoonminSlaysus

[ COMPLETED ] ' I chose him over everyone else.' And ' She left me like we were never meant to be together.'... More

Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 5

733 53 42
By YoonminSlaysus

"Christy."

I could recognize her even from afar.

How could I forget her?

She turns around to continue talking to Taehyung's group of friends. I turned around as well, completely unaffected by her evil smile. I sipped my cocktail. 

Ha! She thinks I'll be affected by that stare of her's.

I don't give a damn!

Even though, she's here to seduce Taehyung. I  won't stop her from doing it.

As far as I know...

Taehyung must be enjoying her company.

Though, I felt unbothered by their closeness but I couldn't stop myself from turning my head back at them. I wasn't even surprised when I saw Taehyung laughing with Christy. But somewhere ...

It did hurt.

Actually, it hurts a lot.

It hurts a lot to see him this happy with someone who's not me.

Ah! I'm crazy!

Why am I getting emotional over him?

I looked away from them, only to see Mrs Kim looking suspiciously at Taehyung and Christy's interaction. She seems shocked and worried at the same time. Her eyes wander all over the place in the party as if looking for me.

I turned my back at her. I tried to hide myself. I, low-key wanted her to see what Taehyung was doing. I sipped my drink calmly. Thanks to the group of people standing right behind me at a distance to cover me up. 

Good!

Now she will know his true self.

She thinks her son is a nice husband.

Now, she'll be faced with the truth.

The truth about her son and his doings.

But I don't know... somewhere among these thoughts. I felt bad for Mrs. Kim. I mean she loves her son so dearly and if she sees him like this...

Mia! What are you thinking?

Why are you making it complicated?

Just let her see his true colours.

But...

Mrs Kim has always been nice to me.

She always supported me.

She made sure I was comfortable in this new house.

I should be thankful to her.

Instead of giving her the pain to see her son like this.

If not for Taehyung...

I should do this for Mrs Kim.

Even if Taehyung doesn't take me as his wife.

But I'll still be his mother's daughter-in-law.

I rose from my seat with my cocktail in my hand. I walked over to Taehyung and his group of friends. I made sure his group of friends see me coming and their eyes widened for a second.  I stood beside Taehyung with arm locked with his arm.

" Hey, Christy," I said with a smile. She pulled away from her friend whom she was hugging.

" Oh ! Mia! Hey, it's been a long time." She smiled falsely.

" Yeah. It is."

" You changed a lot in these years." She eyed me from top to bottom. " I never really expected you to be this....uh beautiful." She seems like she struggled to say the ' beautiful ' word.

" Yeah. It's better to always expect the unexpected." I replied to her.

" But I'm really disappointed. You didn't invite me to your wedding." She said evilly.

" Yeah. It's because Taehyung and I decided to invite only important people to attend this wedding." I smiled but her smile turned upside down. But she regained and threw another nasty comment on me.

" Yeah. Of course. But I was important to your hubby once. More important than you, Mia." She smirked at me.

" I mean he is a normal human being. He gets attracted to bad things more than the good things." I smiled and continued " I mean people learn from their mistakes, right? Well, he realized what is bad for him and what is good."

She let out a fake chuckle. Before staring straight in my eyes. " I'm actually excited to see how far this marriage goes. I mean you couldn't be a good girlfriend. Let's see, how you gonna be a good wife ?"

" Tsk. Christy, you don't have to worry about it. I mean I ain't taking advice from a woman who couldn't stay loyal to one man." I gave her intense gaze.

" YOU BIT--"

" Christy..." Taehyung blocks her before she could even take a step closer to me. " She's my wife. I won't take anything against her." He warned her.

My eyes turned to Taehyung who stood in front of me. I don't know for how long was I staring at him. But it felt good to see him stood up for me once again.

I was about to enter the room...

When I heard his friends talking.

" Tae, seriously? Mia? What's wrong with your taste in girls? "

" Why don't you date Christy? She's much better."

" Guys, please. She's my girlfriend. I don't wanna hear anything. She's beautiful to me."

Of course.

Those words gave me hope.

That no matter what...

He won't let go of my hand.

Ever.

Ever?

Maybe, I was wrong.

Christy glared at me before leaving the party with some guy. I smiled and put on a happy face in front of others. The atmosphere became a lot calmer with her leaving.

" Excuse us for a moment. " I smiled as I locked my arm with his arm.

We walked past his parents who were happily looking at us. The house was a bit crowded so I took him to the lawn. I could still feel his parents' eyes on us so we continue to act all lovely. We went on the dance floor to blend in with the couples dancing in the rhythm. Taehyung took the lead and held me by my waist as I locked my hands around his neck.

The music playing in the background would hide our conversations from being heard. I recognized the song to be ' Dancing with a stranger.'

" Do you have any idea about anything that happened back there ?" I snapped at him. He looked up and then in my eyes.

" I have no idea. What are you talking about ?" He said.

" Do you have any self-respect?" I asked angrily.

" Sorry. What ?" He asked because he didn't hear me properly or he wanted to clarify that I said it.

" Do you have some self-respect? Or even that is gone since you slept with Christy ?" I asked again, getting frustrated with every minute I spend with him.

" Mia, I--"

" I understand that you have immense liking towards her but that doesn't mean you show it publicly. Especially not in a party, where we are the pretended husband and wife." I justified.

I don't wanna be alone tonight ~

" Pretended Husband and wife ?" He repeats after me in a rhetorical manner.

" Why? You take me as your real wife ?" I asked looking at him.

" I didn't fake those vows, Mia. If you think that I had any idea that Christy was gonna show up in the party then you are wrong. She was the one who was flirting with me." He replied in his defence.

" So you don't have any power to stop her from doing it? You say ' you didn't fake those vows.', and you didn't even stop her. Have some dignity, Taehyung. " I said bluntly.

" If you are so troubled by me then why did you marry me ?" He asked in anger.

" My hands were tied. Trust me! I had no interest in getting married to you. Just so you can cheat behind my back all over again." I replied in a stern manner.

Oh baby ~

Baby ~

Baby ~

" Do you really think I'm a cheater ?" He asked.

" What better options did you leave me to choose from ?" I said.

" Yeah." He whispered with his head held low. His hands untangle my hands. The warmth of his body left mine. The closeness became distant as he walked away from me.

I'm dancing~

I'm dancing ~

Dancing with a stranger~

For some reasons, it felt bad that I hurt him so bad. That he has to leave me and walk away but it's not like I said something wrong. He was wrong. And... And I was right.

I saw him enter the lively party again with a smile as if he wasn't hurt at all. Maybe it really didn't hurt him that bad, did it?

For the rest of the night, whenever Taehyung and I stood together, his hands didn't felt the same around my waist anymore. Whenever he smiled, it felt like it was forced. Though, I was standing next to him but he felt so distant.

The party ended. The guest left for their homes. I laid on my bed with eyes closed, tired from today's party. But I forgot that I suffer from insomnia so I ain't getting sleep anyway.

I was still struggling with my thoughts. I don't know if I should feel sad that I hurt him or I should be angry that he... he so effortlessly still flirted with Christy.

Maybe, around midnight, I heard his footsteps. He must be coming over to me to kiss me on the forehead. For a few minutes, the room fell silent. I turned the other way so he couldn't kiss me on the forehead.

I heard a snore so I opened my eyes. I found him sleeping right next to me. I tried to see if he has any trick up his sleeve but I guess he was just tired and sleepy.

He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer. I stared at him with wide eyes but looking at his peaceful posture, I relaxed a bit. My hand reaches out to hold his face unconsciously.

I brush my thumb against his cheekbone

" Do you like touching my face so much ?" He asked staring in my eyes.

" Nah. Only when we are so close." I smiled lightly.

" Okay. Then I'm gonna hold onto you forever." He pulled me close by my waist.

I forgot that he always wants someone to hold while he sleeps.

It never really matter to him.

Whether it's me...

Or...

Someone else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.7K 34
Who will Jungkook choose between his ex wife and fiance ....... On other words from between his first love and current love...... Started ; 2023 / 03...
50.8K 1.6K 47
When she faced a huge betrayal, he came in her life. Her life was messed up. He become her destiny. They both were destined to be together. Even ther...
355K 14.1K 45
Your dad married again to a woman with a son. You don't know that in a short period of time living with your step brother, you already had feelings f...
29.5K 1.3K 34
They were falling apart... Falling apart from each other. Falling apart from their love for each other. Can Kim Taehyung and Kim Y/n save their marri...