Meant To Be || KTH

By YoonminSlaysus

[ COMPLETED ] ' I chose him over everyone else.' And ' She left me like we were never meant to be together.'... More

Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 4

765 56 30
By YoonminSlaysus

" I'm home, Mia." His deep voice whispered in my ear.

My body became tensed.

I froze with his touch. 

My breath hitched.

My head went blank.

He caught me off guard.

So did his husky voice.

I was about to get away from him.

But his grip tighten as he muttered slowly.

" They are watching us."

I let out a breath heavily.

His hands loosen a bit and rested on my waistline.

His chin resting on my shoulder.

He sighed peacefully.

" I missed your scent." He whispered.

I stood there stiff and silently.

I didn't reply to him.

I just waited for his body heat to leave mine.

" Are you planning to spend your night like that over there ?" Mr Kim said in a teasing manner.

I could feel his hands tighten a bit.

As he refused to let go.

He wanted to stay.

And I wanted him to leave.

" It looks like they are comfortable with each other." Mrs Kim complimented sweetly.

Really?

How comfortable do I look here?

I'm all stiff and frozen.

Except for him...

He's having his best time of the day.

Playing around with these tricks to win hearts.

" Come on! Now leave her! She has to make dinner. Go upstairs and freshen up first !" His father commanded.

He inhaled my scent one last time.

Before letting his grip loosen

And finally letting go of my waist.

His touch left a lingering sensation.

I felt him close after so long.

It was so long...

So long that I almost forgot ...

How he used to love me.

And ...

I loved him back.

Once, the dinner was ready. Everyone sat down to eat. I sat down next to Taehyung who acted pretty normal as if he didn't give me a shock back then. The food was served and I was just enjoying my dinner. When Mr Kim spoke up which made me choke on my food.

" So when are you guys going for a honeymoon?"

I looked at him and then at Taehyung dumbfounded.

Taehyung in exchange shared the same expression.

" Honey, they are newlyweds. "Mrs Kim interrupted.

" So what? " He asks his wife. " Don't tell me you don't know about what a honeymoon is ?" He asked us.

I hung my head in embarrassment and so did Taehyung. Discussing such things on the table is too awkward. Too awkward.

" Honey, stop with the teasing. They are so new to each other. How can you send them on a honeymoon already ?" Mrs Kim said in a scolding manner.

" Hahhaha! Look at their face! All red with embarrassment !" Mr Kim laughed before continuing " Who says honeymoon can't be like a small vacation between newlyweds couple to get to know each other? "

He looked at us for an answer. I was already getting uncomfortable with this discussion that I didn't want to say anything in the favour or against it.

" Honey, they still new to each other. I don't think it's a good idea." Mrs Kim came to rescue.

But Mr Kim wasn't going to let it go so easily. He insisted but when nothing worked so he came up with a new way to persuade his wife so she joins forces with him in this plan.

" Then how about a mini family vacation? I mean it's not only Taehyung who needs to know Mia. We, too need to know her, right ?" Mrs Kim seems to consider this plan.

" Also, we haven't gone on a family vacation for so long." Mr Kim continued giving his statement a justification.

" Yeah. That seems like a nice idea. We can go on a mini-vacation." Mrs Kim replied excitedly.

" So when do guys wanna go ?" Mr Kim turned to us.

I stuffed my mouth with food so that I don't have to answer his question. When he didn't get a response from Taehyung as well. He decided the date himself.

" Well, this weekend seems like a nice time to get away from stress." Mr Kim said happily.

" Nope. Not this weekend." Mrs Kim disagreed with him.

" Why ?" He asked without thinking.

" Honey, did you forget? It's our anniversary this weekend." Mrs Kim looked at her husband with intimidation.

" Oh-uh, Taehyung, tell your mother that I approached you for a surprise party in celebration of our anniversary. We will leave after the celebration." Mr Kim said.

" Huh! O-oh, yeah! He did, mom." Taehyung answers in his dad's favour.

" Well, now you ruined the surprise." She eyes him playfully " But I think it will be a good way to introduce Mia to our business partners and other people who didn't attend the wedding." She seems excited.

" Definitely! We have to have a proper introduction of Mia with people we know." Mr Kim agreed.

There weren't many days left for the weekend to come by. Taehyung and I never interacted nicely. I would ignore his existence in the room. Pretty much the same to the first day of our wedding.

But he always pecked me on the forehead after midnight or when he thinks that I was asleep deeply. Due to insomnia, I was awake the whole night and witnessed this secret gesture of his towards me.

Despite this gesture, I still haven't changed my coldness towards him. He might think I'm wrong and that I might move on. But I still don't know...

How to make him repay for all the time I cried alone?

How I trusted him with my whole heart !?

How I was still the wrong person !?

Instead...

I should thank him.

For giving me life lessons.

That my parents had never given me.

How I never trusted anyone, anymore?

How I learned to live with my broken self !?

How I lost my faith in finding love all over again !?

The weekend finally came and the house was decorated accordingly to the theme of the celebration. A bar was made in one corner. One corner had the cake and presents. A simple yet romantic dance floor was set up outside in the lawn.

Everything was done lavishly. I sat in front of the mirror styling my hair with the styling iron. Taehyung steps out of the bathroom with a black tuxedo. He looked at me. I knew he had his eyes on me.

" What are you looking at ?" I asked with a poker face.

" You. You look beautiful." He smiled at me.

" Do you want me to thank you for it ?" I said bluntly.

" Nah. Just wanted you to believe me again." I looked at him as soon as he finished his sentence. We locked eyes for a few seconds.
Until, he broke the eye contact and said softly but sadly.

" Maybe, I don't deserve your trust."

" Oh god! You are still not ready !" I heard Mrs Kim entering the room. We looked at her simultaneously.

" She's still in the process." Taehyung pointed at me.

" Hey! Don't blame her! I was talking about you. She's a woman. She will take time. She needs to look the best." Mrs Kim defended me with a smile.

" But this tie..." Taehyung holds his long tie.

" Oh gosh! I told you to learn how to ti--" Mrs Kim walks over to Taehyung but stops midway. " Actually, ask your wife to do it."

I looked at them and Taehyung just smiled lightly. " Come on ! Go over to her !" His mom pushes him towards me.

Taehyung walks over and before I could get up from my seat. He kneels down on his knees and holds out the tie with enchanting eyes. Mrs Kim was looking at us fondly.

I faked a smiled as I took the tie and placed it around his neck. I tied the knot and looked at him. He pressed his lips together to stop from smiling but he ends up smiling widely with puppy eyes staring at me.

" Ah- ah * cough * " Taehyung gag on the tightness of the tie.

" Is it too tight ?" I smiled with evil intent.

He stood up and left with his mother. Though, his mother wanted to stay along with me. I sighed. I finished my makeup and styling my hair.

I walked down to the party where everyone was present. Taehyung sees me coming down so he walks over to extends his hand to hold mine. I smiled lightly. It hurts so bad to even smile at him. He escorted me to his group of friends. I recognised them.

" Guys, she's here." Taehyung grabs his friends' attention.

" Oh ! Wow! Mia, is that you ?" Jeff asked in shock.

" Wow! She's really changed." Another friend whose name I don't remember begin to suspect if it was really me.

" Is it because we haven't seen you since you guys broke- ouch!" Tiffany elbows her boyfriend.

" He meant we haven't seen you after graduation." She smiled awkwardly.

" Yeah. I guess its better not to judge a book by its cover." I smiled.

" Sorry to interrupt, kids. But are you guys talking something important?" Mrs Kim asked. Everyone nodded as ' No.'

" Great. Mia, there's someone I want you to meet. Come along." She excused us and took me to meet some of her friends.

" Meet Mrs Park. Her son, Jimin and Taehyung are close friends since school days. And this is Mia, my daughter-in-law." Mrs Kim introduced me to her friend.

I bowed low and introduced myself again. Mrs Park gave a warm smile and admired my manners. A young woman came to Mrs Park.

" Mom, Jimin is running late." She sighed.

" Oh, Eunho! Perfect timing! Meet Mia, Taehyung's wife. Mia, this is my son's wife, Eunho." Mrs Park introduces me to her daughter in law.

" Nice to meet you, Eunho." I smiled widely.

I and Eunho walked over to the bar to order for some cocktails for ourselves. Eunho praised Taehyung on another level.

" You are really lucky to have Tae as Husband. Whenever Jimin and I have a fight over things. Tae always solve them." She couldn't stop telling me how lucky I am to have Taehyung as Husband.

" Oh ! I'll be right back." She excused herself as her phone rang continuously. I nodded and ponder how she can be this happy in her marriage.

Jimin must be loving her a lot.

Unlike... Taehyung.

My eyes shot up to him talking to his friends happily.

That's when I saw her.

The same figure.

The same aura.

The same fear engulfs me.

That did years back.

Her hand holding his hand.

And slowly climbing his arm ...

And drawing closer to whisper something in his ear.

Her giggles as she pulled away to look at him.

Just like the old times...

She sensed my eyes on her.

She turned to lock eyes with me.

And gave me an evil smirk.

As if telling me...

That I'm losing something again.

My lips parted as I heaved heavily.

Whispering her name under my breath.

" Christy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.7K 24
A story of love, betrayal and the pain of trying to trust again. Taehyung and Jungkook just recently got engaged and got to meet a new set of friends...
734K 30.9K 61
Your marriage was failing but you weren't at fault and you weren't blind to the signs of faded love. When you found him cheating, you didn't give a s...
67.6K 3.6K 72
Yoongi and Jungkook are new divorcées who are now learning how to co-parent. They still love each other, but they both lack in the communication and...