Howling at the Moon

By BubblySoccer

Love at first sight isn't such a rare thing after all ft. Cristiano Ronaldo [Werewolf] More

Summary
Chapter One: Meet and Greet
Chapter Two: Going Crazy
Chapter Three: The Football Match
Chapter Four: First Meetings
Chapter Five: Saving a Life
Chapter Six: Hospital Surprise
Chapter Seven: The First Pass
Chapter Eight: A First Date
Chapter Nine: Pack Meeting
Chapter Ten: Team Dinner
Chapter Eleven: Jenna's Past
Chapter Twelve: Take a Risk
Chapter Thirteen: Staying in Madrid
Chapter Fourteen: Staying with Cristiano
Chapter Fifteen: Sharing a Bed
Chapter Seventeen: The Bonfire
Chapter Eighteen: Becoming Prey
Chapter Nineteen: Explanations
Chapter Twenty: Alpha's Order
Chapter Twenty-One: Bonding Complete
Chapter Twenty-Two: Heading to Valencia
Chapter Twenty-Three: Meeting Jenna's Parents
Chapter Twenty-Four: Home at Last
Chapter Twenty-Five: Not Possible
Chapter Twenty-Six: Meeting Cristiano's Family
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Future Plans
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Date Night
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Happy New Year
Chapter Thirty: 2014 FIFA Ballon d'Or
Chapter Thirty-One: Can't Be Found
Chapter Thirty-Two: Unwanted Visitor
Chapter Thirty-Three: Rescue Mission
Chapter Thirty-Four: Reunited at Last
Chapter Thirty-Five: Being Happy
Epilogue: My Happy Ending

Chapter Sixteen: Friendship Ending

5.7K 139 72
By BubblySoccer

"What the hell are you doing here?" Tiffany snapped shocked to see Jenna sitting on one of the benches while a training session was happening; she had been sure that her best friend had gone home.

Jenna blinked surprised at the tone that Tiffany had used to speak to her, she hadn't been expecting her friend to sound so upset seeing her; she had noticed that Tiffany seemed a little put off.

"I decided to extend my stay," Jenna explained softly, she peeked over at the team who were just starting their session and she hoped that Tiffany's arrival wasn't going to cause any problems for them.

Jenna turned her full attention back to Tiffany, she had no idea what to expect from her friend who looked like she wanted to strangle her; she doubted that Tiffany was going to actually hurt her.

"What about your job?" Tiffany asked through gritted teeth, she couldn't believe that Jenna was here and she had hoped to have gotten rid of her friend so that she could have more time to flirt with Cristiano without interference.

Jenna chewed on her lip, she was already here and she knew that whatever happened back in Valencia that she had made the right decision to extend her stay; she wanted to leave when she was sure where she actually stood with Cristiano.

It had dawned on her the night before when she was lying next to the footballer, Jenna felt drawn to Cristiano and she wanted to know why.

"I spoke with David and I have one more week," Jenna replied not wanting to voice her thoughts, she doubted that Tiffany would be pleased that she had grown feelings for Cristiano and that saddened her.

Tiffany just nodded her head, she had no idea why Jenna was sticking around; she had seen how Cristiano was with her best friend and she didn't like it.

Tiffany sat down a little away from Jenna, she wasn't interested in speaking with her bumbling friend who was getting in her way; she had hoped that Jenna had left so she could finally have what she wanted.

***

Cristiano grinned wrapping his arms around Jenna, he held her close glad that she had stuck around and he hoped that she was hungry since he wanted to take her to lunch; it was just more time that he got to spend with her now.

"Cristiano," Tiffany called forcing a smile to his face when she saw her best friend wrapped up in the footballer's embrace; she couldn't believe that Jenna had betrayed her like this.

Tiffany had been talking about being Cristiano's girlfriend for years and Jenna knew how much the footballer meant to her; she just couldn't believe that her friend had stolen her chance.

Jenna peeked at Tiffany, she hadn't expected Cristiano to wrap his arms around her and she hadn't told her friend anything about what had been happening lately.

"I haven't seen you lately," Tiffany said with accusation colouring her tone, she knew now where the footballer had been while she had been with his team-mates; he was wasting his time on Jenna and she didn't like it.

Jenna swallowed nervously knowing that Tiffany wasn't happy, she didn't know what her friend wanted her to do and she doubted that Tiffany would ever accept that she was with Cristiano.

"I've been busy with Jenna," Cristiano replied simply, he didn't care that he would hurt the blonde's feelings when she didn't seem to care about Jenna's; she wanted everything for herself and it wasn't fair.

Jenna looked at Cristiano panicked, she knew that Tiffany wasn't going to like this and she didn't want to hurt her; she didn't want to lose the only friend that she had.

"Why she's boring? You'd be better watching paint dry," Tiffany asked staring at Cristiano as if he had lost his mind for wanting to spend time with Jenna; she was much better for him and she would have looked perfect at his side.

Cristiano glared at Tiffany, he was surprised that Jenna didn't have worse confidence issues from spending time with Tiffany; the blonde seemed determined to bring Jenna down at any chance that she had.

"You could do so much better, Jenna's nothing more than a charity case," Tiffany purred moving forward, she ignored the hurt look on Jenna's face as she focused on Cristiano who looked furious at what she was saying.

Jenna stared at Tiffany realising that even if she did tell Tiffany how she felt about Cristiano, her friend wouldn't care it all had to be about Tiffany.

Cristiano gritted his teeth, he felt his hands start to shake as he let go of Jenna, he didn't want to risk phasing and hurting her; he stared at Tiffany wondering why she couldn't let this go.

"I think you should leave," Cristiano spat knowing that Jenna wouldn't forgive him if he hurt her friend, he hated the blonde with a passion and he couldn't wait to get Jenna away from her.

Cristiano spotted a couple of his pack-mates watching the scene in case something happened, they didn't need their secret revealed to someone that wasn't ever going to be part of their pack.

Tiffany pursed her lips, she knew that she wasn't finished with Cristiano but she was sure that she could still get rid of Jenna so that she could have what she wanted.

"Come on Jenna, we have to leave," Tiffany mused bored, she would convince Jenna to leave the moment that she had the brunette alone; she wanted to have Cristiano and not even her best friend was going to get in her way.

Cristiano growled low in his chest, he wasn't going to let Jenna go anywhere alone with Tiffany; he feared that the blonde was a danger to his mate and would try to kill her.

"No," Jenna said making both Tiffany and Cristiano stare at her surprised, neither had been expecting her to refuse and were prepared for her to leave with Tiffany; they had no idea that Jenna had finally had enough.

Jenna was finally tired of being belittled and spoken down to by Tiffany, she had never thought that her friend would push her to this level even if she was scared of losing the only friend that she had.

"Excuse me," Tiffany said shocked, she didn't know what had gotten into Jenna but she didn't like it; she was sure that her friend had just slipped up and didn't mean to refuse her.

Jenna blinked surprised at herself for a moment before she took a deep breath, she wasn't going to let Tiffany walk all over her anymore; she knew this talk had been a long time coming.

"I said no," Jenna repeated more forcefully, she didn't know where she was getting the courage from but she wasn't going to change her mind.

Tiffany blinked shocked, she stared at Jenna wondering why she was talking back to her and she hated that she was doing so; she had always gotten away with speaking to Jenna as if she was dirt.

"I'm tired of you putting me down all the time Tiff, I'm tired of always coming second best to you no matter what is happening..." Jenna said shaking her head, the last two weeks in Madrid had only shown Jenna what it actually felt like to be cared for.

Cristiano a near complete stranger had treated her better than her so called best friend had ever done and it had opened Jenna's eyes.

"You can't talk to me like that," Tiffany shrieked, she truly didn't like how the tables had turned and she had never had Jenna speak back to her; she had expected Jenna to roll over and take whatever she said.

Cristiano smiled proudly, he had never thought that he would see Jenna stand up for herself and he knew it had a little to do with their bond; he was sure that this talk had been a long time coming.

Anyone could see how badly Tiffany treated Jenna and it had finally reached breaking point, Cristiano would support Jenna and she would make some real friends with the pack-females when she knew about his secret.

"Doesn't our friendship mean anything to you?" Tiffany said changing tactic, she was going to try and guilt Jenna into making down; she wasn't used to having anyone stand up to her when people usually just did what she wanted.

Jenna sighed sadly, she did feel guilty that she was having to do this but hearing Tiffany call her a charity case had been the last straw for her; she had never said anything bad about the blonde before.

"Of course it means something to me... but our friendship, isn't something that I have to earn, I already have it," Jenna responded with a shake of her head, she had to do this for herself if she wanted their friendship to ever recover; she couldn't let Tiffany continue to bring her down like she was nothing.

Tiffany frowned, she didn't know when Jenna had started to think for herself and she didn't like it; she wanted the poor girl that had tried to kill herself back that she could control.

"You expect me to do so much for you and you can't even trust me," Jenna continued knowing that Tiffany had been far from supportive of her since they had arrived; her friend had done nothing but think of herself and hadn't even cared when Jenna had been in hospital.

"Obviously I can't trust you... you stole my man," Tiffany scoffed staring at Jenna daring her to deny what she had done, she would have been Cristiano's girlfriend by now if it hadn't been for Jenna.

Cristiano frowned, he wasn't Tiffany's and he never had been it was clear that Tiffany was slightly unhinged if she believed that Jenna had stolen what wasn't hers.

"I love you Tiff, you're like a sister to me and I'll always be there for you, but now I know that you can't be there for me," Jenna whispered with tears in her eyes, she stared at the person that had been her best friend before Cristiano wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close.

Cristiano peeked at Jenna, he was so proud of her and he knew that she was hurting right now; she was closing the door on her former life and she had no idea why yet.

Jenna looked at Tiffany for another moment, she wasn't even surprised when her friend didn't even try to apologise; she slowly allowed Cristiano to lead her away so that they could head home.

Cristiano nodded at Iker, he would tell Jenna soon that they were mated and he knew that right now wasn't the best time; she was upset and she had every right to be.

"I can't believe that you're throwing our friendship away for some guy," Tiffany spat furious, she couldn't believe that this was happening and it could have all been avoided if Jenna had left to return to Valencia.

Jenna sniffled leaning into Cristiano, she swallowed thickly realising what she had just done and she felt terrible; she was tired and she knew that everything would change now.

Tiffany was her best friend and Jenna had a feeling that she would have no one now when she returned to Valencia; she didn't like the idea but there was no undoing the damage that had been done.

Cristiano peeked at Jenna concerned, he slowly walked them towards his car wanting to make sure she was okay; he was sure that everything was going to be okay and he doubted that what had happened would affect Tiffany like it was affecting Jenna.

Cristiano gently stopped the brunette from walking, he sighed pulling her into a hug before Jenna burst into tears; she was shocked that her friendship was now destroyed and Tiffany hadn't seemed to really care.

###

Author's Note:

Happy Holidays Everyone xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 6.4K 31
Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro is sick of worrying about her youngest son. ft. Cristiano Ronaldo
370K 7.2K 46
Sometimes a second chance at love is all that you need ft. Sergio Ramos
66.1K 1.2K 16
COMPLETED | She'll just be a perfect stranger to him
98.5K 2.1K 32
People can do crazy things to protect the person that they love ft. Cristiano Ronaldo