The Last Banshee~The Vampire...

Af YellowCalcite

Liza Sommers was happy to follow her adoptive mother to Mystic Falls and live with her cousins. After the tra... Mere

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Authors Note!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12~ Part 1
Chapter 12~ Part 2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Authors note
Yet another authors note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Updates coming soon
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 2

2.6K 48 4
Af YellowCalcite

The couple was in their tent, preparing for the comet, waiting to see it from what they thought was the perfect spot in town. Safe, from all but one thing. As the man left to go get something for his partner, he was attacked so suddenly, he could not make a sound. 

The girl, mistakenly going to tell him "I told you so," came out of the tent, confused by the lack of rain she was so sure was there, and was then greeted by the sight of his bloody body. She screamed, as loud as she possibly could, and ran, heading for the one safe place that she could think of. As she reached the car, she was desperate to get in, but alas, the doors were locked. When the doors unlocked however, she knew someone, or something, was there. As she turned around, trying to find what would be her killer, she did not realize, her killer was in fact above her. As he landed on her, his teeth sank deep into her neck and drained her blood, and when she was dead, only when her heart stopped, did Liza Sommers awake from a deep slumber, unleashing a scream that could only be heard by those with the supernatural ears, therefor, letting the Salvatore brothers, and those like them, know that there was in fact, a Banshee in Mystic Falls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting a pitiful nights sleep, Liza Sommers finally decided to just stop trying. She woke up around three am from an awful nightmare, screaming so loud, she was surprised to find her family had slept through it. She decided to skip out on the small talk that morning and left for school early. Walking into Mr. Tanners, she already knew it was going to be a long day. Her attention was half at its best in this class most days, so she knew it was almost going to be non existent today. Once again claiming the seat behind Matt, she smiled at him as best she could while passing him. It didn't take a genius to realize she wasn't her usual self that day, so Matt simply smiled back and sent a concerning look to Elena before subtly motioning to the red head behind him. Elena understood his gesture, sent him a grateful smile, and sent her cousin a quick text.

Lena<3                                                                                                                                                                                 You ok? You seem kinda out of it today?

Liza<3                                                                                                                                                                                          Yeah I just didn't sleep  all that well

Elena knew her cousin suffered from nightmares, what they were about she never knew, but she knew not to push the subject when her cousin didn't sleep well. It was when Liza Sommers didn't get a good nights sleep that she was her most threatening. Her eyes seemed to be almost distant and other worldly like. So Elena simply texted Matt that Liza was simply tired and didn't sleep well the night before. He sent her a text saying ok, and turned his attention back to the front of the class.

Walking out of class, Liza was scooped up by Bonnie and Caroline. Turns out Bonnie remembered her promise of telling the Sommers girl about her supposedly being psychic but also wanted to tell Caroline, so she decided to kill two birds with one stone. 

As they walked through halls after Bonnie finished explaining some things, Caroline came up with a question, "I'm confused, are you pyschic or clairevoyent?" Bonnie smiled at her blonde frined as the red head pointed to the blonde in agreement and nodded, "Technically, Grams says I'm a witch. My ancestors were these really cool Salem witch chicks or something, Grams tried to explain it all but by that point she was looped on the liquor so I kinda tuned out. Crazy family? Yes. Witches? I don't think so." Liza took all the information in and nodded, while Caroline brought up another topic. "Yeah well feel free to conjure up the name and number of that guy from last night." Liza perked at this new information, as she had left the party early, "What guy?" Bonnie responded to the both of them, "I didn't see him, she did." Liza turned to the blonde with raised eye brows as bonnie directed the other half of her response to Caroline, "Why didn't you just talk to him?" Caroline looped her free arm not holding her purse with the red heads, "I don't know I was drunk, where did you go last night by the way, I looked for you and you went poof." Liza smiled at the blonde, liking the fact that the blonde had already considered her a friend, "I left early, wasn't feeling the party scene. I heard what happened to Vicki Donovan though, is she ok?" Bonnie turned to the red head, "Yeah, I think she'll be ok, Matt's obviously worried." Liza nodded, then turned to her new friends, "Well I'll meet you guys at the Grille later?" Bonnie and Caroline nodded, knowing they all had different classes and it was time to separate. "Okie Dokie, see ya later." Liza took her leave and strutted down the hallway, oblivious to the following eyes of a blonde football player.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well I was talking to grams and she said that the comet is a sign of impending doom, the last time it passed over mystic falls there was lots of death, so much blood and carnage it created a bed of paranormal activity." Liza was actually interested in what Bonnie had to say, however Caroline was obviously not, as she simply nodded and said "Mhm, yeah and then you poured grams another shot and she told you about the aliens." Liza subtly squeezed Bonnies leg and sent her a smile, noticing that what Caroline said got to her. The Blonde's focus was on Elena the next second "So then what?" Elena just went with the flow of the conversation, "So then nothing." Caroline looked at her confused, "You and Stefan talked, all night? There was no sloppy first kiss, or touchy feely of, any kind?" Liza already knew all this information as her cousin had talked her off on the car ride over here,  "We didn't go there." Caroline seeming to not believe her continued to press on the subject as Liza continued to drink her coffee and fold pamphlets. She zoned out the rest of the conversation, not paying attention until Elena made to get up. "Where are you going?" Bonnie didn't seem to understand her abrupt exit either. "Caroline's right," The blonde looked over at Bonnie impressed by what the other burnette just said "It is easy, if I sit here long enough I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying what I was gonna do." Elena shrugged and smiled as she walked away, then pausing and going back to drag her cousin with her. "Hey, my coffee!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, why are we here?" Liza said as they walked up to the front door. Elena simply smiled at her cousin and said "We are here to see Stefan, I want you guys to be close if this works out the way I plan it." Liza nodded and turned to her cousin as she pulled on the rope for the doorbell, "Right, and what is it you're planning?" Elena sheepishly smiled at her cousin, "I'm not quite sure yet." Liza chuckled at her cousins impulsive move, knowing she was finally starting to become herself again. 

When there was no answer to the doorbell Liza moved and used the knocker on the door, when it simply opened. She went in first knowing if something were to happen, it would be up to her to protect them both, as she was the one with the black belt. Elena followed behind her and called out "Stefan?" They walked further in, as Liza pointed out the boys messenger bag to her cousin, "Well he's here." Elena nodded at her cousin and once again called out the boys name. Liza and Elena looked around the entrance in amazement at the inside of the house. When they heard the door creek Liza went ahead of her cousin to check it out, when a crow flew in, causing both girls to turn around. When Elena turned around however, she came face to face with a handsome young man that simply smiled at them. Elena then began to explain their actions, "I-I'm sorry for barging in, the door was" at that point when she turned to look at the door, it was mysteriously closed "open." The man smiled at them once again.

"You must be Elena, and you must be Liza." When they looked at him confused, he introduced himself, "I'm Damon, Stefan's brother" Elena looked him a little confused "He didn't say he had a brother." Liza took that moment to butt into the conversation, "Actually he said he didn't have any siblings he spoke to" Damon took that opportunity to examine the red head before him, "Well Stefan's not one to brag" He smiled at the two, leading them into the house, "please come, I'm sure Stefan will be along in a second." As they walked further in, Liza couldn't help the impressed whistle that came out of her, as Elena chose to voice her amazment, "Wow, this is your living room?" Damon smirked a little, "Living room, Parlor, Sotheby's auction, It's a little kitschy for my taste." He then seemed to hesitate with what he was going to say, before he turned to look directly at Elena, "I see why my brother's so smitten. It's about time, for a while there I never thought he'd get ver the last one. Nearly destroyed him." Liza could see his game, she often could see when people were playing with other's feelings. So when she turned to Damon with a cold glare on her face that even he was a little frightened of, he was a little shocked, but didn't show it as Elena asked him that one question. 

"The last one?" Damon then turned to the burnette, ignoring the red head, "Yeah. Katherine, his girlfriend?" When Elena simply shook her head he played it off, "Oh, you two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet." Elena then shrugged her shoulders awkwardly "Nope." Damon then simply replied "Oops, well I'm sure it'll come up now." Elena looked down at her shoes, "Or maybe he didn't wanna tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on the rebound." Elena nodded, with a look Liza knew all too well, that Elena was questioning things, "We all know those relationships end." It was then that Elena spoke up, "You say it like every relationship is doomed to end." Damon simply shrugged "I'm a fatalist" Then out of no where Damon said "Hello Stefan." With this Elena and Liza turned around to face him, "Elena, Liza. I didn't know you were coming over." Elena then smiled and started to walk up to him, "I know. I should have called, I just" Elena was then interrupted by Damon "Oh don't be silly. You two are welcome anytime. Aren't they Stefen." Stefan looked at his brother with a look that Liza could only describe as calculating mixed with hatred. "You know I should break out the family photo albums, or some home movies, but I have to warn you, he wasn't always such a looker." Elena smiled at his joke, however Liza looked at him as if she was trying to determine his next move, which put damon a little on edge about her. "Thank you for stopping by, Elena, Liza. Nice to see you." He then turned back to his brother with that same look which made Liza start moving towards the door, waiting for her cousin. "Yeah I should probably go, it was nice to meet you damon." "Great meeting you as well you two." Damon then kissed Elena's hand as a way of saying goodbye. Elena then walked up to Stefan, expecting him to do more then just move out of the way when she said his name. So when he did she simply gave her cousin a look as they walked out the door, Liza closing it behind them, giving Damon one last calculating look before following after her cousin.

Back inside the Salvatore house, Damon started talking to his little brother about the girls. "Great gals. Whoo, they got spunk. You on the other hand, look pooped. Did you over exert yourself today? Let me guess, Hospital?" Damon followed his brother with his eyes around the room. "Someone had to clean up your mess." "Well were you successsful? Did the powers of persuasion work? Remember if you don't feed properly none of those little tricks work?" Stefan then turned to his brother, "How long were they here?" "Were you worried Stefan? Scared you may be doomed to repeat the past? Isn't that why you play your little game of 'I'm a high school human'?" 

"I'm not playing any game." "Of course you are." Damon then started to walk up to his brother "We both know the closest you'll ever get to humanity is when you rip it open and you feed on it." Stefan turned to face his brother, "What kind of game are you playing, Damon?" Damon smirked at his brother, "Guess you'll just have to wait and see, won't you?" Damon then walked off, leaving a confused Stefan behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza decided to skip out on the ice cream that night and got a head start on her assignments for the rest of the night. So she missed out on her mother throwing an apple at her little cousin but had a good laugh hearing about it from Elena, knowing that's totally something her mother would do. It was now the night of the commet, and she was passing out flyers with Elena and Bonnie, "He didn't call huh?" Elena shook her head, "Or text, then I realized we never even exchanged that stuff, we never got to the texting part." "That's an important milestone in any relationship." Liza simply nodded along with what Bonnie was saying, having no real input on it. "Isn't it? The timing is wrong anyway." At this Liza looked at her cousin a little puzzled, because to her, there never really is a correct time for anything, Bonnie seemed to have the same thoughts, "When is it ever right?"

"I'm not ready Bonnie." Bonnie simply looked at her and said "Who is?" The three then stopped walking as Elena said her response "At least I put myself out there." "Is that what you're calling it?" Elena looked down, "What do you mean?" Liza then took the conversation to her side "All we're hearing is reasons why you can't, and life is too short to live without risks dear cousin." Elena then looked between Bonnie and Liza as she contemplated their words. With that they got back to work, handing out pamphlets for the night of the comet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the night of the comet in the town square, apparently everyone was supposed to have a candle so when Bonnie, Elena and Liza walked up, Caroline then came to them with candles for Liza and Bonnie, taking the two with her to Tyler as Elena walked up to Matt. Tyler then turned to the red head lighting her candle for her, "Hey, I'm Tyler." Liza smiled at him, "Liza Sommers, nice to meet you." Liza then spent the majority of her time talking with her new group of friends and found that she actually enjoyed their company. She got to know them and vice-versa, including Matt who joined them when Elena went off with Stefan. They got to talking and all of them were a little shocked to learn that she was in fact adopted. "Hold up, so not only are you Elena's cousin we never knew about, but you're also adopted?" Liza simply smiled at Tyler's question, "Yup, my mom found me on her doorstep when I was one and took me in, of course she tried to find my family but when they didn't find anything she had already been with me for so long that she just decided to keep me." All of Liza's new friends looked a little sympathetic for the girl but quietly sent thanks to whoever put her on Jenna Sommers doorstep that night, knowing they already would do anything for the red head in front of them. 

When Jeremy had walked up to the group, they had all already moved into the grille for the night and grabbed a table. "Hey have you guys seen Vicki?" Tyler then shot a glare at the youngest gilbert, "You're her stalker, you tell us?" Jeremy then looked at Matt, "I can't find her." Tyler then, once again, butted in, "She probably found someone else to party with, sorry pill pusher you've been replaced." Liza then looked at Tyler "Pill Pusher?!" She then sent her younger cousin a look that had him questioning his every move. "What with the pill pusher?" Elena questioned. Tyler simply stared at Jeremy, "Ask him" Jeremy cut in, "You wanna do this right now?" Liza then cut in, "Are you dealing?" Which caused Elena to glare at her younger brother. Tyler then butt in "She's never gonna go for you." Jeremy trying to defend either himself or Vicki, he didn't know, "She already did, over and over and over again." Which caused Elena to be shocked while Liza simply smirked a little, as she already knew. Caroline however didn't quite believe it, "You slept with Vicki Donovan, I mean, Vicki Donovan slept with you?" Tyler once again put his two cents in, "There's no way" While Jeremy was back on his defense game, "And I didn't even have to force her into it." While the group had mixed reactions, Matt's was obviously the strongest, "What the hell is he talking about, Ty?" "Nothing man just ignore him, he's a punk." Matt had enough, he was worried about his sister and wanted to find her, "You know what, how about all of you shut up, and help me find my sister." 

As Bonnie and Caroline went and searched the back and Elena dragged her brother to be questioned, Liza oddly found herself with Matt in the square, helping him look for his sister. While she had no luck it looked as though Stefan did when she made her way back into the grille. So when she made sure Vicki was ok, she sat down with Caroline and Bonnie, "Ugh, so much drama. Ever notice how the druggies are the biggest attention whores?" Liza laughed while Bonnie simply replied "Yeah." It was then that Stefan walked up to them, "Excuse me, Hi, Have you guys seen Elena?" Liza simply shrugged at his question and said "I think she went home." Stefan looked a little defeated "Thank you." Bonnie being the good friend she is decided to make an executive decision, "I'm going to give you Elena's cell number and email, she is big on texting and you can tell her, I said so." She then gave the piece of paper to Stefan but as their hands touched, something happened to make Bonnie pull her hand away quickly and suck in a sharp breath. Liza and everyone else looked a little alarmed as Stefan asked, "You ok?" Bonnie was in a weird daze when she asked "What happened to you?" She then snapped out of it and quickly apologized before scampering away. "Yeah she kinda wigs out, its kinda her thing." "Right well I'm gonna go, Nice seeing you again Stefan, Caroline I'll text you later. Bye." Liza then left the restaurant and went home.

Liza went to bed that night, hoping that her days wouldn't get any crazier than this, but she had a feeling they would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, So you've made it to chapter 2 which means you might actually give my book a try, which is astonishing in itself really, but nevertheless thank you. I find its easier to right if I sit and write the chapter as I'm watching the episode, so we'll see how that goes. Let me know who you think Liza would look good with in the comments!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

10.2K 272 47
Athena Dumont has finally found a place to call home after many years of foster homes and traveling. She had finally tamed her supernatural side and...
2.1K 143 17
Zoe Sawyer lived her entire life in Mystic Falls well from what she remembers that is. Zoe was adopted out of New Orleans and didn't even know about...
21K 1.1K 21
All my life I have been torn down; reduced to nothing. I lost my parents. I lost my home. I lost myself. And in the end, I lost my life. Then I my...
24.4K 548 13
Sasha Pierce had the life she always wanted family, royalty and wealth, she had every guy in Mystic Falls after her. She was one of the most respecta...