we aren't simple - l.s

By goldenangelsun

"What are you thinking about, Hazza?" "I-" "It's alright baby take your time." "I'm scared to get it wrong."... More

AN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
chapter 66
Epilogue
Extra

Chapter 23

2.5K 73 38
By goldenangelsun

c'mon, c'mon and dance with me baby

Harry's POV
—————————————————

Louis unlocks the door to the cafe and pulls me inside. I sit myself on the counter. Louis told me that we have about twenty minutes before people usually start to show up.

He is messing around with a bunch of stuff, making us tea. I watch as he walks around the small space.

Everything about him right now is so cute. How tiny he his. The fact that my clothes are a little to big on him, so he has them rolled or pushed up. His hair swooped into a fringe across his forehead. He is biting his lip. Adorable, down right adorable.

I hop off the counter and step towards him. I wrap my arms around him, kissing his cheek. He flushes.

"What was that for?" He turns around in my arms resting his hands on my chest.

"You're just so cute I couldn't help it."

He turns even more red at this. I lean forward and kiss his cheek again, very close to his lips. 

"Um angel?" I ask hesitantly. "Can I help you around the cafe until I need to leave for the interview?"

"Of course baby." He pushes his thumb into my dimple, making me smile even wider. "You'll need to wear one of the aprons though."

I giggle. "Okay."

We go into the back and get some aprons. When we come out the first customer is there. She obviously knows who I am because she just stands there for a moment eyes wide and moth hanging open. I eventually get her order and Louis makes it while I take a picture with her.

"You're going to have to work the till," He says chuckling after she leaves.

"Probably." We drink the tea Louis made us while we work.

I meet quiet a few fans, but at a reasonable rate. I don't think any of them have said my location yet which I am grateful for.

Louis and I get into a rhythm, causally flirting with each other, but not enough to draw anyones attention.

It's about 11:30, we have been here for a few hours. There aren't a ton of people in the cafe at the moment. But there is a group of girls who I took pictures with, who are sitting and giggling while they drink their iced coffees.

I just finished helping out a customer when I hear the beginning of one of my songs play over the speaker. I look over to Louis who is giving me an innocent look. Everyone in the cafe is looking over at us. I can see a few girls trying to subtly film what's about to happen.

"Louis no," I say, but I am grinning so I don't sound serious.

"Louis yes," He says turning up the volume a bit.

"You are literally a five year old." I say shaking my head fondly.

"Why thank you Hazza," He says giving me a little bow. I giggle at his antics.

The one that I came with
She had to go
But you look amazing
Standing alone

He walks over so he is standing right in front of the till. He does a goofy dance to the first verse and I can't help but laugh.

So c'mon, c'mon

He steps around the counter so he is on the same side as me.

Move a little closer now

He takes two side steps towards me, looking at me out of the corner of his eye. I can't stop giggling.

C'mon, c'mon

He side steps towards me again.

Ain't no way you're walking out

He sings that lyric as if to say, 'there is no way you are getting away without dancing with me'.

C'mon, c'mon

He steps so he is facing me, then he sings the next lyric loudly.

Show me what you're all about

He starts dancing around ridiculously, the brightest of smiles covering his face.

Yeah, I've been watching you all night
There's something in your eyes

He points at me for "your eyes", and I blush lightly. He extends a hand out to me on the next lyric.

Saying c'mon, c'mon and dance with me baby

I am fulling aware that everyone in the cafe is watching us, but I no longer give a shit. Fuck management, fuck homophobia. I'm going to dorkily dance around a cafe with Louis and I don't care what anyone has to say about it.

I take his hand and sing with him. Walking around the counter. I can't stop the goofy grin from taking over my face.

Yeah, the music is so loud, I wanna be yours now

We dance around like idiots for the rest of the chorus, which isn't very long.

So c'mon, c'mon and dance with me baby

I spin him into my hold, his back is pressed into my stomach. He is giggling and I can't stop smiling. We sway slightly, to the music. My arms are wrapped around him, my face in his neck. He is leaning into my touch.

The one that I came with
Didn't know how to move

He turns around in my arms facing me standing extremely close. I am getting lost in his eyes. I really want to kiss him right now, but that is something I can control myself from doing.

Louis takes me by surprise taking a step forward. I think he is about to kiss me, but then he reaches up, messing up my hair.

The way that you let your hair down

I gasp and he pulls away, running to another part of the cafe. A stream of giggles erupting from his lips.

I can tell that you do

I chase after Louis. I can see that people are following our movements laughing as well. I also notice a few cameras openly filming us, but I don't care. Not anymore.

So c'mon, c'mon

I get closer to him, he looks over his shoulder and squeaks when he sees how close I am.

Move a little closer now

He bolts off to another area of the shop and I follow behind.

C'mon, c'mon

He runs behind the counter as if to hide from me. I laugh, shaking my head again.

Ain't no way you're walking out

I slowly creep over to the counter. Knowing that if I go quickly he will run away.

C'mon, c'mon

I am going around the corner of the counter. Louis is crouched down, facing away from me. I run over.

Show me what you're all about

I pick him up and he squeals, breaking into a fit of giggles. I carry him over and around the counter again. I place him down and hold his hands as we dance around.

Yeah, I've been watching you all night
There's something in your eyes
Saying c'mon, c'mon and dance with me baby
Yeah, the music is so loud, I wanna be yours now
So c'mon, c'mon and dance with me baby

We are singing and dancing around in circles. Louis has released our hands. I haven't had this much fun in so long. And Louis looks so adorable in my sweater. He let the sleeves unroll themselves, so now his has the cutest sweater paws covering his hands.

Every step I take, I'm feeling more and more
She's calling out, she's a lucky girl
My heart is racing, she turning around
I reach for her hand and I say

I reach out and grab Louis' hand with the words of the song. His blue eyes are shining brightly at me. I don't think I ever want this to end. I love being around him. He makes everything so much happier.

He is turned away from me a wrap my arms around him from behind again. He immediately sinks into my touch. I whisper the next lyrics into his ear.

Hey, I've been watching you all night
There's something in your eyes

I feel him shiver. I am pulled from my thoughts when a little girl comes up to us. She is tugging on Louis' and, asking if she can dance with us. We look up at her mother asking if its okay. She nods and we each take one of her hands dancing around.

Saying c'mon, c'mon and dance with me baby
Yeah, the music is so loud, I wanna be yours now
So c'mon, c'mon and dance with me baby

A few people have joined in on our antics. All of them are dancing around like no one is watching, with genuine smiles on their lips. The little girl who was dancing with us leaves to get her mother to dance.

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon

Louis and I stop dancing and just look into each others eyes. Smiling brightly and still giggling. No one else in the cafe matters in this moment. No one else in the world matters in this moment. Because I have Louis, and looking at him when he is smiling this, like looking into the fucking sun. 

C'mon, c'mon and dance with me baby

He reaches out and pokes my dimple which causes me to blush and giggle. He giggles in turn before walking away hands behind his back.

God this boy will be the death of me, I think before chasing after him.

- - - - - - - -

It's a few hours later, Louis is whipping down tables while I take orders. I am making someone their tea the I hear someone yell Louis' name. Well not his actual name, a nickname.

"Tommo!"

I look up and see the rest of my band mates standing in the coffee shop. Niall with his  arms wrapped tightly around a very confused looking Louis. Liam and Zayn looking at him in mock disappointment.

We all love how Niall gets attached to people. He has one of the biggest hearts in the world. He will do anything for anyone he cares about. And we can tell that he is just getting attached to Louis now.

Everyone in the cafe is just staring at them. Well all of us. Most of them got used to the fact that I was in here but now that the rest of the band is too. Let's just say it looks like a group of girls are about to spontaneously combust.

"Hello Nialler," Louis says still sounding surprised. He hugs him back.

I finish making the drink for the lady I was helping. Then I walk over and stand with the other lads.

"I missed you!" Niall yells.

Louis laughs, pulling away. "I just saw you yesterday."

Niall pouts. "I know, but you and H left early and I was stuck with them two." He gestures to Liam and Zayn. "They get super touchy when they are drunk."

"Niall," Liam says in a warning tone.

"Don't worry daddy direction I'm not giving anything away."

We all laugh at this besides Liam who just looks frustrated. That is until Zayn leans in to whisper something in his ear. Then he turns bright red which makes us all start laughing again, and Zayn look very pleased with himself.

"So what did you guys do after you left?" Niall probes. Both Louis and I turn bright red.

"Okay, and now we are going to talk about something else." Zayn says. And we are laughing again.

"You guys are all over twitter." Niall says. Seeming unaffected by the change of conversation.

"What are they saying?" I ask, walking over so I am standing next to Louis.

"Oh they are just talking about how cute you guys are." He says nonchalantly. I blush and look to Louis' face seeing that he is too.

"There are videos of your guys everywhere." Liam adds. "Management is not that happy." He says the last part quietly so no one else but us can hear.

Louis looks at me worried. I shake my head, and wrap my arms around him. "I don't care." The other lads are looking at me surprised. "I don't care anymore. I am having a perfectly incredible day and those grumpy old fucks aren't going to ruin it."

"Yeah Payno don't ruin this perfectly good day." Niall says. "Beside you two look cute in all the videos. Larry Stylinson has been trending since last night."

"Wait what?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, it's the videos of you guys singing and the ones of you dancing like idiots in the middle of the cafe, ooo and there are some pap pics from when you guys left the bar too."

"Niall," Liam says. "You are obsessed."

Niall pouts.

"It's alright Nialler, Payno is just jealous that you are more invested in our relationship than his and Zayn's." Louis says as he throws an arm around Niall's shoulder.

I laugh. Zayn and Liam look mortified. Niall turns to them.

"Really? You don't need to be jealous, Ziam is in my heart just as much as Larry." He hasn't seemed to catch on to the fact that Louis was kidding. Louis and I laugh at how clueless he is and how red Liam and Zayn are at this moment. 

"We need to head out," Liam says, changing the topic again. "We have that interview soon, Paul is outside with a car."

"Oh, okay." I am kind of disappointed. I wanted to spend more time with Louis. He seems to notice my lack of excitement.

"It's okay Hazza, You'll do the interview and then we can hang out afterwards." I smile at that.

I really just want to spend more time with him. As much time as possible. He is so incredible and I want be around him as much as I can.

"Okay," I say.

"God. Harry, mate, you are so whipped." Liam says, this makes Niall and Zayn laugh, and Louis flush.

"Shut up." I mumble.

I take off the apron I was wearing and place it on the counter. Then I go over to hug Louis.

"I'll see you later, okay?" He says.

"Of course angel." I smile. "You'll be watching?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." He hugs me again and I can tell that both of us want to kiss but we know we can't.

"I'll text you when it's done." He nods and we separate.

The other boys say their goodbyes and we head out of the cafe. I turn back to Louis, just as I am about to leave, remembering something.

"Lou?" I call out, he looks up from the table he was whipping down. "They might ask about you."

"Okay." He says quietly.

We both know that single word holds more in it than we're letting on. More than either of us can say in public. The 'okay' tells me to say what I have to while I'm under contact. When I can't say what is actually happening. It says that if it's hard to not say the full truth, he will be there to comfort me when it's over.

I smile and leave the shop. Wishing with everything that I have that could just stay there with Louis.

—————————————————
Hello lovely people 👍

Sorry for not updating yesterday I had a shit ton of schoolwork because I didn't do any for like a month. 🤷

I hope I made it up to you with this cuteness. 🥰

tpwk ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 599 7
Present time: Harry isn't sure if they should be together. With both of them touring they haven't seen each other in months. Is it worth it? Wouldn't...
158K 8.1K 20
@Lily_pad6472 asked me to write a story where Harry and Louis both are single parents and neighbors. After his wife passed away Louis took his three...
38.7K 2.1K 13
So @Infinity_Larrie contacted me and asked if we could write a story together and this is the result. The plot of the story was her idea. We took tur...
46.9K 3K 12
Louis hated Harry. He was walking around like he was superior, thinking he was so hot and sexy. Well, Louis could see right through it. They had been...