DONOVAN (Book Three)

By authormsdevera

Twenty-five-year-old Claire Soberano and her son are on the run. Escaping her abusive fiancé, she flew to Lon... More

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
Merry Chrismas to all!!
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
ANNOUNCEMENTS
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SEVEN
A message for my Readers
TWENTY-EIGHT
ANNOUNCEMENT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
ANNOUNCEMENTS
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
Annoucements!
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
Message to my Readers
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
Book Cover for "SETH"
FORTY-SIX
Message to my Readers
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
EPILOGUE

TWENTY-SIX

1.2K 41 5
By authormsdevera

As days passed, I felt safe, especially with Don by my side. Taking a new job at Jack's Diner and becoming one of their cooks, I have never been this happy.

I worry from time to time about Eddie. Cautious around my surroundings, eyeing everyone I walk by as if they work for him as a spy. If he learned I have a new man in my life, and Leo is happy with our life here in California, deep down in my gut, Eddie would do anything to make my life a living hell.

I may be worrying, but right now, I don't care. I'm not going to run away anymore from my past with him. I've settled with my son, family, friends, and Don.

I got nothing to fear.

It has been a month, and as I look at the long rectangular wall mirror, I see my belly exposed with a baby bump.

I bit my lower lip.

I had to cut back on working because I told Jack the truth about my pregnancy; even Jeremy and Justin knew. They congratulated me genuinely, but when I told them Don didn't know, all three lectured me that I should never keep my baby from their father.

The other day I went to see the OBGYN doctor as she monitored my baby inside. She said the baby's heart was beating and healthy. It's too early for the gender, but if it's a boy, Leo will have a baby brother to play with what little boys do, or if it's a baby girl, Leo will protect his sister with his life.

I caress the baby bump and smile at the thought of having a little boy who will look like Don with the Wolfe traditional blue eyes or a girl who will look like me with his blue eyes.

The images of our child growing inside are getting me excited. I want them to love and cherish my baby. And Leo can have a sibling to play with; well, he got his cousins but the more, the merrier. Leo doesn't have cousins back in London, and having a baby brother and sister, I know he will be excited to see them.

The whole month I have not told Don yet. Every night we would cuddle, and he would try and make his way to have our clothes off, but the thought of him touching my breast, which grew a bit, and the baby bump, I had to make excuses. Just the idea of not having sex is driving me crazy. I even wear his oversized t-shirts to hide the baby bump; he doesn't expect anything. But I have cravings, which I say I'm on the month.

We don't have to make love every night. I mean, the sex was amazing. Even my cousins and Lily will tell me their sex life stories regarding their man. They would say the Wolfe brothers are like Gods in bed.

I didn't want to believe her nonsense, but Don makes a hell of a lover.

And I want to be with him until we grow old together and watch our kids grow until they find someone they love.

The topic of the baby growing inside was killing me, but Eddie would sometime come to mind, and I had to put it to a halt.

Ever since Eddie called me, he has been quiet. He has done nothing. No harassing. No calls. With him silent for a long time, it scares me more than him looking for me.

Sure, he has his job at the bank, but learning his ex-fiancé is in another country shows he has a plan. Eddie isn't stupid. But he's not smart, either.

When he wants something, he gets it.

He will do his best to get what he wants until he can no longer breathe.

Although I feel safe here, going outside this house is an issue.

"C.J.," I hear Effie's voice as she pops into the room. "Got a minute?"

"Sure," I put my shirt down and saw her frown.

"You didn't tell Don yet, haven't you?"

Besides Thea, Effie learned about my pregnancy last week and promised her not to say anything to anyone, especially Don.

"No."

"I'm not going to pressure you because it will make you stress out," She says. "Look at me; my feet are killing me, and I'm stressing out about the perfect birthday party for Zara and me."

She waves a paper in my face. I chuckle.

This whole week Effie, Lily, Clark, and Thea are brainstorming the birthday bash next Saturday for her and Zara's birthday.

They were debating a princess theme or a fairy theme.

Fairy won.

It seemed that Seth stepped on the table and went to the fairy theme because Effie would dress up as a Fairy Queen and little Zara as a fairy princess. Having both themes is a good idea.

With the paper in Effie's hands is a list of the food serving at the party, the giveaways, fun games, and activities; Logan even ordered a princess palace jumper for the kids to play in.

Also, no clowns.

The last time there was a clown was during Leo's birthday. Seth almost went psycho on him. We had to pay extra for the damages that were caused to the clown.

"Anyways, the signs are easy to notice. Don should notice, but now."

"Do you think he knows?"

"Well, he hasn't said anything. But the others haven't noticed except for Seth."

I groan. "How the bloody hell does he know?"

Effie shrugs.

"No clue, but when Lily was pregnant, he also knew."

Last night after dinner, I was washing the dishes when Seth unexpectedly volunteered to help. Then he asked if his brother knew about the baby. I was in shock and slapped his mouth, then asked how he knew.

He said he has been around women a lot he can tell the changes in their bodies, especially with pregnant women. And no, none of those kids are his. He confides me with that.

"C.J., how long will you hide this secret from Don?" Effie says with a worried look on her face.

I sigh.

"After everything is over between me and Eddie. I'm planning to tell Don."

"Eddie?" Her tone went poisonous, saying my ex-fiance's name. "I'm still going to shoot him."

I chuckle wry. I know she's joking this time, but before I told her about Eddie. She was dead serious.

"How long will that take?"

"I don't know," I shake my head. "But I haven't heard from him since-" I clamp my mouth shut.

"You talked to him?" Her eyes grew wide in shock. "When?"

There is no hiding this from her. I take a deep breath and say, "On Leo's birthday."

She gasps.

"C.J., why didn't you say anything to me or Thea?"

"Because it's my issue with him." I look away. "I don't want you or anyone to get involved until the problem is solved."

"How did he get your number?"

I shrug. "I don't know. But with my new phone, I have not got any calls from him. Even my parents are stalling time for me by lying to him. But with his determination and connections, he will find me. I never talked much about you guys because he doesn't want me to feel lonely."

Effie sighed and pinned her fisted hands on her hip, popping her almost round pregnant belly. "It's good he doesn't call you, but you must know everyone here, me, your cousins, your friends, and Don, are here for you. If this guy is as crazy as Heather or obsessed like Devin, then we - together- as a family must stop him from hurting you and Leo. If he comes near you, he might hurt you and your child."

"I know," I say softly and hug my stomach. "What should I do? They say I can't tell done after my issue is solved."

"Thea said that?" Effie groans. "I don't know why she said that, but it's better to tell Don now before it's too late."

"You're right," although Thea said to wait; I don't know when Eddie will do something to harm the baby and me, then it will be too late to tell Don. Every day is killing me that I would rather stay home than go outside, not knowing Eddie will find me.

I know I need to stay strong.

Not for myself but for my baby.

I have to tell Don.

He must know.

We made something special, and it's growing inside of me. He's going to be a father, and I don't want any more than be with him and our kids together with our family and friends.

Eddie needs to be out of my life.

For good.

Hey!!

Sorry for the late update. As I said, I got lots of work that I'm doing from home. Also, my birthdays and graduation were on Friday, so it was non-stop partying. Thanks for patiently waiting. Also, I've been playing animal crossing, which was the cause. Hehe, sorry. But forgive me; I was fixing my island.

Anyways. I hope everyone is staying safe on to the next chapter.

HAPPY READING!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 450 16
Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #25 in Sexual 2022 #1 in Mourning 2024 #23 in Singlemother 2022 #96 in Spain 2023 #99 in Spanish 2023 #69 in Grief 202...
90.2K 4.2K 22
Third book in the Hitman series! It can be read as a standalone but highly suggest reading the others in order to understand the characters a bit bet...
44 34 34
Sometimes the one you love, is just a temporary part of your life *********** New college student, 18 year old Hallie Cook was looking forward to the...
131K 6K 25
This is the second book in the Hitman series, it can be read as a standalone but you'll understand characters a bit better if you read 'Falling for a...