Addicted to you- Alec Lightwo...

By kait-astrophe

Ethan Fray is Clary's older brother. One day, their world is turned upside down, and they are thrown in the... More

1- Pandemonium
2- A Strange Encounter
3- Turned Upside Down
A/N
4- Just us
5- Teach me
A/N- please read
6- Day One
7- Mundie in the Institute
8- Shadowhunters can be taught too
9- Valentine
10- The Mortal Sword
11- The truth is hard to swallow
12- Bonding
13- An encounter with a warlock
A/N (sorry)
14- Hotel Dumort
15- Conflict in the Institute
16- Impress Me
A/N IMPORTANT!
17-Joined Together
18- New Powers
19- Man Down
Choose A Cover
20- Reality?
1k!!! (Celebration special)
21-Rescue and rescue again
22- The Warmth Went Cold
Alec/Ethan edit
23- The (Glittery) Cavalry Arrives
Best thing ever
25- Bound Forever
26- Live and Let Die...
27- ... And Live Again
28-The Life Of a Vampire
29- Be Fearless
30- Revelations
31-The Ultimate Promise
32- Sorry Doesn't Have To Be The Hardest Word To Say
33-Rescue Op With A Broken Heart
34- Save The Date
35- The Moment Of Truth
Thank you so much!

24- Eye Opening

2.4K 78 35
By kait-astrophe

All of the Shadowhunters, plus Magnus and Simon (who had come round to see Clary), looked at each other, wary looks plastered on each of their faces.

It was Jace who broke the silence first. 

"So... obviously we can't all go... so whose staying here with Magnus?"

"You are." Magnus replied, blue sparks floating around his fingers, "Need I remind you, Blondie, that I promised the Inquisitor that you would stay under house arrest here? And I really don't think its wise for me to get on her bad side..."

Jace threw his arms up in the air, seeming rather affronted by this idea, "But I was specifically the one that was summoned! If I don't show up, the Seelie Queen will throw a fit."

Ethan leaned closer to Alec and whispered in his ear.

"Does the Seelie Queen have that much of a temper, Al?"

"Oh yes," Alec whispered back, leaning in closer to Ethan, "it isn't wise to get on her wrong side. She can make you pay"

Ethan gulped audibly and moved away from Alec to sit by the side of Jace, much to Alec's disappointment.

"There's got to be something else that we can do, Mags," Ethan said, wrapping an arm round Jace's shoulders, "I've just got my brother back. I don't want to lose him again to some psycho faerie queen"

Magnus chuckled, both at the nickname and Ethan's description of the queen. "Well... if I don't know, sunshine, then I certainly can't stop you..."

Seeing where Magnus was going with this, Ethan grinned. 

"Okay, Mag, we aren't going to go to the Seelie Court" 

Magnus smiled back at Ethan, then got up to leave the room. "I'm going to bed, before you start plotting more"

Izzy then turned to the rest of the group. "Well, I think its fairly obvious that Clary and Ethan will go with you. You know, I bet the reason Jace was summoned in the first place is because of his ties to Valentine, so they will want to see you two as well"

Alec chimed in next. "Shouldn't we all go? The more backup, the better. Right?"

"I agree with Alec. I'll come too" Simon piped up from his place in the corner, looking at Clary.

Izzy clapped her hands together. "Well that settles it. Shall we get going?"

                                                 .....................................................

The group of Shadowhunters manage to sneak past Magnus' wards, which "unfortunately malfunctioned". They made their way towards the Seelie Realm. When they arrived at the edge, there is a faerie there to lead them to the Queen.

"Shadowhunters," he greeted, then turned to Izzy and smiled broadly, "and my dearest Isabelle. Welcome to the Seelie realm"

Izzy giggled, and Ethan looked at her, smirking. 

"Nice to see you again, so soon, Meliorn"

"Well when I heard you were coming, I personally requested to be the one to guide you. This way," he said, gesturing to the path behind him as he led the way.

As they started walking, Ethan linked Izzy's arm "So... Meliorn..."

Izzy giggled. "Yes, he's... special..."

Alec cut in next, smirking. "Yes... they've got a... thing"

Izzy looked pointedly at Ethan as she replied. 

"We've all got our... things, don't we?" she said, winking.

Alec blushed crimson, and sped ahead to speak to Jace, with Izzy dropping Ethan's arm and following. Simon, seeing that Ethan was walking alone, hung back to walk with him.

"Hey, Ethan." he said, as the mentioned boy lifted his head up to meet Simon's gaze.

"Hey, you're talking to me," Ethan said, careful not to get his hopes up in case it turned out to be temporary, "does this mean..."

Simon chuckled lightly. "Yes I forgive you. Don't get me wrong, it was a sucky thing to do, but I understand. Anyway, I had feelings for Clary at the same time and I think they're stronger now that I know I can't have you"

Ethan whispered, barely audible. "I'm so sorry, Simon. I never meant to hurt you"

Simon lay a hand on Ethan's arm. "Don't worry about it. Besides, I've seen the way you and Alec look at each other. Now I may not like the guy, but he likes you. A lot. And I want you to promise me you will go for it. You deserve to be happy"

Ethan smiled brightly at him. "Thanks, Simon. I've missed you. Its good to have you back"

"We're here" Clary shouted from the front of the group, as Ethan and Simon caught up with the rest of them. 

Before them stood a long dining table, set to fit around twenty people, with various food items placed up and down the table. At the head, sat a rather elegant looking faerie, with a very elaborate looking vine crown. Ethan assumed that this was the Seelie Queen. 

"My lady," Meliorn addressed the Queen whilst bowing, "may I introduce Jonathan Morgenstern, Ethan Fairchild, Clarissa Fairchild, Alec Lightwood, Isabelle Lightwood and..."

Meliorn trailed off, staring at Simon, as Simon groaned in frustration.

"My name is Simon!" he yelled, "Why is that so difficult for everyone to remember?"

Ethan chuckled and lay an arm on Simon's shoulder, as he moved to the front of the group.

"Ah, my dears, welcome to the Seelie Realm. Feel free to eat and drink anything from this table" The Queen smiled, gesturing to the array of food lay out before them. 

Ethan bowed and then sat down, along with the others. 

"My lady," Ethan began, "we could do with your assistance with the fight against Valentine. With your power and warriors, we will be able to defeat him. You would be a very valuable ally"

The Queen laughed heartily, clapping her hands together, " My, my, I haven't met anyone this charming since Magnus Bane. I like you, Ethan Fairchild. Please, you and your siblings may eat"

Both Ethan and Clary helped themselves to the chicken that was placed in the middle of the table. Just as they bit down, Alec and Jace realised what would happen if they did.

"Stop!" they yelled simultaneously, but it was too late.

Clary and Ethan had already bitten into the chicken, and were now in the process of swallowing it. 

"Crap" Izzy muttered.

Ethan and Clary looked at each other in confusion, then looked back at the other Shadowhunters. They gestured to the Queen, and the Fairchild siblings turned to see her smirking at the pair of them.

"Now that you have consumed our food, you are required to stay here." she chuckled, as Ethan's mouth dropped open in shock.

"What?" Clary croaked out.

"No!" Alec yelled, "You've got to let them go!"

The Queen looked at the older Lightwood thoughtfully, "There is a way... follow me..."

Warily, the Shadowhunters and Simon followed the Queen to a breathtakingly beautiful clearing, lit up by both multi-coloured fireflies and petite lanterns attached to the tree trunks. The Queen made Alec, Jace, Izzy and Simon stand in front of her, then gestured for Ethan and Clary to stand by her side. 

"Both of you Fairchild siblings will only be permitted to leave this realm if you kiss the person you desire the most" she said, a slightly sadistic glint in her eye. 

Ethan and Clary looked at each other, wide eyed. 

"Clarissa will go first" the Queen said.

Clary stepped forward, seemingly understanding which one of the group she desired the most. But what nobody expected was that, after whispering quickly to Izzy, Clary stepped forward and kissed Jace firmly on the mouth, hands wrapping round the back of his neck. Simon let out a noise of indignation. 

Ethan was horrified: did this mean what he thought it meant?

Moments later, Clary stepped back from the kiss, looking very guilty and disgusted with herself. Jace was suspended where he was stood, eyes still closed and mouth slightly agape. Once he opened his eyes, he sent a particularly guilty look over in Ethan's direction.

"Clarissa Fairchild, you are now free from this realm" the Queen said.

"But..." Ethan started, the word escaping him before he had time to process it.

"She might be able to fool all of you, and even herself, but no-one can fool the realm. It understands you on levels that you can't even begin to comprehend" the Queen stated, then gestured for Ethan to go ahead with his turn.

Ethan didn't need to hesitate; he understood himself enough to know exactly who it was he desired the most. Ethan's eyes locked on Alec's, and a light blush crept onto both of their faces as Ethan began to walk forwards. When he was close enough to Alec, he grasped the front of the Shadowhunter's shirt and pulled him roughly towards him, connecting their lips together. Alec's lips moved hesitantly against Ethan's at first, but then he seemed to come alive, wrapping his arms around Ethan's waist and pulling him as close as possible. Ethan's hands moved to Alec's raven locks, tangling his fingers in them and pulling lightly, making Alec gasp and groan against his mouth.

Ethan didn't care that this was a plot of the Seelie Queen, a chance to play them in her game. He just focused on the feel of Alec's mouth against his own, a feeling he didn't want to forget. Then, a bright realisation entered his head.

I am in love with Alec Lightwood...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 132 24
Hello! So most of the fanfics I've been reading on here have to do with Magnus and Alec breaking up or one of them dying etc. This one doesn't. Soooo...
5.4K 567 28
Completed story - I do not know him. And yet he is closer to me than anyone else. He knows things about me that I haven't told anyone else. My fears...
198K 8.7K 36
When Alec leaves New York to go to college he has one intention: live his life as a proud gay man without any pressure from his parents. But as alway...
482 23 16
FINISHED!!! I am participating in this year's Shadowtober originally proposed by @Grizzlyhare1 on Twitter. Every chapter is a different prompt. (Btw...