50 Days

By anazing__gracie

Neji has 50 days to find out who his mystery pen pal is. Tenten just doesn't want to get caught. Short and sw... More

50 Days
27 Days
26 Days
20 Days
18 Days
7 Days
0 Days

40 Days

1.7K 87 163
By anazing__gracie

(Tenten)

"Tenten, please come down to the principal's office."

"Oh no." I groaned. This can not be good. Whenever you get called down to the principal's office, it's either really good or really bad. And, since I didn't do anything particularly amazing recently, I figured they must have figured out I cheated on my math test. (What? Calculus requires community effort!)

My classmates all looked to me sympathetically as I walked out the door from my homeroom. I didn't have many friends in my class, pretty much just Lee, but even his face wasn't an optimistic one as I walked toward my supposed doom.

I knocked on Lady Tsunade's door tentatively, trying to get my adrenaline down and my confident "I didn't do it" expression on lock before walking in. When Shizune called me inside, I took a seat opposite the principal, who had a grave look on her face.

"Now Tenten." She said, hands folded neatly on her desk.

"Y-yes?" I squeaked.

"Why haven't you signed up for any extracurriculars?"

"I didn't d—wait. What?" I asked, quite dumbly.

"I said, Why haven't you signed up for any extracurriculars?" She repeated. She then pulled out a few papers to emphasize her point. "It says here that at your old school, you did everything! Art classes, student council, as many sports as you could get your hands on. You've been at Konoha for several months now. What happened, Tenten?'

I shrugged. "Um, well, I'm not sure. I guess I just never got the chance...?"

The principal stared at me with a disbelieving look in her eye. The fact of the matter is, I just wanted to relax more this year. Sure, I did all that when I was a first year student at my old school, but it wasn't easy, and I figured it would be even harder with a more difficult school and more coursework.

"Well." She said. "That's not acceptable Tenten. We admitted you with the hope that you would continue these extracurriculars, and that your athleticism would be suitable for our sports teams, which are some of the best in the country. I really don't understand why you didn't try out for at least one of them."

I nodded silently. Taking everything in.

"So, here's my new assignment for you." She handed me a slip of paper. "I have given you a list of every activity with an opening. You must pick at least five of these activities, and give it back to me by the end of the day. Do you understand?"

My jaw dropped to the floor. "Five? But, Lady Tsunade, that's simply not possible!"

She scoffed. "Relax, Tenten. There are many students who do way more. Your friend Sakura, for example, is one of our best examples of this."

I reminded myself to whip Sakura over the head for being such an overachiever, and walked out of Lady Tsunade's office, reading the paper in my hands.

Activities

Swim Team

Chess Team

Debate Team

Mathletes

Volleyball Team

Cheer Team

Soccer Team

Basketball Team (Manager spot available)

Art

Choir

Band

Orchestra

Student Council (Assistant spot available)

Spelling Team

Softball Team

Dance Team

Cross Country/Track Team

Tennis Team

Science Club

Service Club

Writing Club

E-Sports Club

All throughout the rest of the morning, I struggled to think of five activities to do. I mean come on. Five? Is Tsunade off her rocker? At lunch, I consulted the council, aka my lunch table, which consisted of me, Sakura, Hinata, Ino, Temari, Shikamaru (Temari's boyfriend), and Kiba, Naruto, Sasuke, and Choji. (Who all tagged along with Shikamaru).

"Ooh! You should join the volleyball team!" Sakura exclaimed. "We could really use an extra player, plus, from what I remember, you're not half bad."

"Hmm. I'll think about it I guess." I said.

Kiba took the list from my hands and checked it over. "You should do cheerleading." He said with a smirk. I quickly took the list back, and made a big show of crossing cheerleading off of it. Kiba and Ino both looked slightly disappointed.

"Oh come on, Tennie! We could be cheer buddies!"

"The outfits are too skimpy." I told her. Speaking of which, I guess I need to cross swimming off while I'm at it...

During the lunch period, I continued to cross off activities. Some of them were easy to eliminate, like mathletes (as I mentioned I'm not great at math), and some of them were more difficult to cross off, like basketball, which I have always loved, but unfortunately they didn't have any room left on the actual team. In the end, I was left with five activities that I felt decently comfortable with.

Chess (Shikamaru is the head of the chess club, and he promised me they don't do much during meetings).

Volleyball (I'm pretty good, and I like the sport, so why not).

Soccer (I'm killer at soccer).

Art (I would have to drop my study hall, but oh well. I can deal).

Student Council Assistant (This will probably be the easiest one in my opinion).

Once I was done, Temari took my list and looked it over. "Student Council Assistant?" She asked.

"Ya, why not? I could use the service hours, and it sounds pretty easy..."

Shikamaru shook his head. "Not if you get Temari, or Sasuke, or worst of all, Neji—OUCH! Troublesome woman..." (Temari hit him over the head for saying that she would be difficult).

"I wouldn't go hard on Tenten!" She exclaimed.

Sasuke shrugged. "Eh, I probably would." (Thanks for the honesty Sasuke). "But Karin's been my assistant for the past few months and I don't think she wants to retire anytime soon..."

Naruto snickered. "Ya, I think she probably wants a promotion if you know what I mean..."

"With some added benefits..." Kiba added.

The rest of the table erupted in laughter, except for Sasuke, who glared daggers at his idiot blond friend, and Sakura, who looked like she wanted to kill her soba noodles.

Directly after gym class, I sprinted to Tsunade's office and told her my chosen activities. She looked at me happily (which was the first time she's done that) and returned them back to me. "Ok, ready to go! Student council meetings are right after school, and soccer practice is at 5:00. Volleyball will be in the morning, chess on Sunday afternoon, and art will be your 6th period from now on. You should hurry on to the student council room across the hall, you might be able to make it before the meeting ends."

I nodded my thanks, and thought over my new (insane!) schedule as I left. Ugh. This is going to be a long year, huh.

I hurried over to the student council room. (Lady Tsunade conveniently didn't give me a number, so it took forever to find it). When I walked in, I felt like I had walked into a very formal meeting that I was not invited to. Which, I guess, isn't entirely untrue to be fair. Sixteen sets of eyes all stared right at me, some more intensely than others. Temari, at least, seemed happy to see me, but she was the only one.

My eyes unfortunately made contact with those of someone who I did not want to be interacting with, Neji Hyuga. Dammit. Shikamaru mentioned he was in stuco. How could I just completely forget about that? I hope I'm assigned to someone else...

"What are you doing here." He demanded.

"Oh um, I was told to take over for the opening of an assistant spot?" I looked to the many judgmental eyes. Seriously. Aren't people on stuco supposed to be friendly? Why are they all a bunch of stiffs?

"Oh. Well then in that case, you can replace my old assistant. Sit here and begin taking notes." Neji said, gesturing at the seat next to him. Wow. Just great. The exact person I don't want to talk to. He then turned to the rest of the group and continued with whatever boring conversation they were having before. "So concerning the issue with the water fountains..."

By the end of the meeting, my hand was so sore I could barely move it from all of the note taking. I handed in my completed notes to Neji.

"Is this all?" He asked incredulously. What do you mean, 'Is this all.' I took like, six pages of notes!

"Ya?" I answered. What more could he want from me?

"Hn." Hn? Is that even a word? "You need to take more next time." He then brought his eyes to my outfit. I suddenly became very aware that I was still in my gym clothes, which, while not immodest by any means, certainly contained less fabric than what I would wear on any other occasion. I was also still slightly sweaty as well, which I'm sure he had already noticed.

"Um excuse me? Eyes up here." I said, pointing to my face annoyingly. "Thanks."

"Hn. Next time, don't wear your gym clothes to meetings. You're distracting some of the council members."

For real? I am so going to murder this guy....

I quickly realized that Neji on text is very different from Neji in real life. Maybe he was just super intense in school, or feels more anonymous when texting. Either way, I definitely preferred texting with the funny and slightly pervy Neji, than talking to the real life, serious, "do your work or I'll kill you" Neji.

Of course, just my luck, he is on the soccer team also. Luckily, so is Kiba and Lee, so I was able to avoid him for the most part during practice. Unfortunately, Kiba seemed to find soccer practice the perfect opportunity to stare at me uncomfortably, so pretty much I only had Lee. I noticed Neji continually glared at the three of us during practice, but that was probably because I had made him mad at the council meeting and he still had it out to get me.

After two hours of soccer (which honestly, was pretty fun, and a nice turn around from stuco), I headed home to start on the colossal amounts of homework that I of course would have gotten done already if not for all these activities...... but whatever I guess.

While writing my literature essay, I felt a buzz in my pocket.

Dear Panda Lover:

Come on. It's been ten days, and I barely know anything about you.

Here's what I do know about you:

You are not a prostitute.

You like pandas.

You can't stand the way paper tastes. (How do you even know what that tastes like?)

You are lactose intolerant, but love ice cream anyway.

You fell down and broke your nose when you were three.

You once had a fish named Fluffy. (That makes no sense, but okay)

Your favorite smell is the smell of warm pancakes.

Your favorite number is 13, specifically because everyone else thinks it's unlucky.

You love looking at the stars.

Your first kiss was by accident.

Oh. And one more thing I know about you:

I'm in love with you.

Dear Lover Boy:

Yes, I have to give you vague answers, or else you'd figure it out! You have fifty days, you're a genius, you'll get there.

And also, you don't love me. In fact, in real life, I don't think you like me at all. Plus, for all you know, I could be super ugly, or even a guy!

Dear Super Ugly or a Guy:

You're not. I can tell. You give off hot girl vibes. Besides, you're funny. I like that.

Dear Reader of the "Hot Girl Vibes" (whatever that means):

Fine. I'll give you a less vague answer.

We talked today. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 5.1K 24
Kakashi and Sakura were both trapped in a blizzard for days. The moment Kakashi's body goes into a hypothermic state-a core temperature that's too lo...
11.1K 337 75
(IDOL/CELEBRITY AU) COMPLETE WITH SEQUEL! Debuting as a 4-person idol group, Hinata, Sakura, Sasuke, and Gaara have high hopes and big dreams. Their...
24.2K 890 39
Modern College AU: In his third year of college, Naruto Uzumaki has been near the top of the list as a university play boy. Leaving women high & dry...
140 23 22
Sakura isn't what she seems Sasuke's acting suspicious around his teammates Naruto is having personality changes , like he's has another self . Peop...