Wisteria Eyed

By Walker_19049

[OC-insert] She was not a part of their world; nor did she want to be, if she had to be honest. But now she... More

Formalities first
Playlist
Please read
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
New teachers?
13
14
15
16
17
That strict ass!
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
I don't like this
31
32
33
34
35
36
Maybe
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Popularity of valentines
46
47
48
Undeniable Attraction*
49
50
51
52
Smiles and Glances
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

30

5.3K 243 93
By Walker_19049

A/N: Symptoms of blood loss include and are not limited to: dizziness, nausea, headache, fatigue, sweating, weak pulse, rapid breathing, confusion and weakness.

_________________________________________

"Miyasha?"

My heart dropped when I heard Kagaya call my name. The dread growing in my chest spread through my whole body, making a chill go down my already cold limbs.

"Welcome to the Demon Slayer Headquarters." He welcomed me warmly, "Although... it may have been a bit late for that. I hope you forgive me for not welcoming you earlier."

'What the hell is happening here...?' I wondered as I silently stared at him, trying desperately to ignore the light-headedness I was feeling, 'If there is anyone up there, please give me some strength to handle this.'

"I offer you my warm greetings, Oyakata-sama." I started formally as I clenched my shivering hands, "Please forgive me for my rudeness, but if I may ask... for what purpose am I summoned here, Sire?"

I didn't dare to look up as I bowed deeply— I was not feeling well and everyone's unwavering gaze at me didn't help me feel any better either.

'Calm down, Miyasha... You'll make through this— just bloody calm down.' I clenched my fists even tighter as another shiver went through my whole body; my temperature was rapidly decreasing and my somewhat repressed pain was slowly reappearing as the adrenaline slowly flushed out of my system, 'I need to get out of here soon if I wanna survive...'

"Forgive me for asking for your presence here without any prior notice. As for the reason of your summoning," Kagaya used my own vocabulary back at me, "I wanted to express my gratitude for all the help you have provided to the Demon Slayer Corps even without being a direct part of it and wanted to offer you a chance to be a part of our Corps."

"I beg your pardon?" I blurted out without thinking— the queasy feeling in my stomach growing more and more by each passing moment, "I— what are... how do you even know about that?" I asked bluntly, before adding "If I may ask." just for the sake of politeness.

Kagaya's smile strangely turned softer, "I apologize for startling you, Miyasha." He apologized sincerely, "I have been aware of your activities, in terms of demon slaying, for quite some time now— although tracking you have always been a bit of an issue."

"However, in terms of your dokuchi blood..." he continued, "It was your previous teacher, Shigeno Koji, who had written a letter to me four years ago. In that letter, he mentioned about the strange property of your blood and how you seemed to have been using it for demon slaying in your spare time. Hence, why I wanted to thank you for helping us."

"Blood...?" Shinobu questioned, her eyes meeting mine in confusion.

"My blood... is corrosive in nature." I blurted out, before shaking my head and explaining it properly, "I mean, my blood turns corrosive in nature when it comes in contact with demon blood or demon skin— melting it off as soon as it makes contact, producing a strange white flame as it does so."

"Wait, that's a thing too?!" Uzui asked, his voice dripping with disbelief.

"As far as I've seen, yes." I answered simply, trying my best to not focus on the sharp ache in my head, "I couldn't initially believe it either... That's why I experimented on it while hunting demons whenever I could..."

"You hunted demons?" Uzui popped up again, his gaze turning slightly accusatory as he stared at me, "So, you were the slayer who had been completing our mission before we even reached there?!" He pointed at me, though his tone was rather light and more... impressed? I don't know?

"I-I'm extremely sorry!" I immediately apologized, my eyes flickering in confusion and guilt, "I-I didn't know I was creating any inconvenience for you guys...!"

Uzui let out a laugh at that, countering with how he wasn't pissed and that it was actually very 'flamboyant'.

"That is not the question here," Obanai started, his dual-coloured eyes glaring at me, "The question here is why didn't you join the Demon Slayer Corps in the first place if you were so keen to hunt demons, anyway? You knew about us beforehand, didn't you?"

"I... did." I confessed, gulping heavily as my muddled mind brought back images from my past that I didn't wanted to dwell on—

"Because I can't save everyone." I answered honestly, my heart beating faster as I bowed my head back to avoid showing my face, "I... I was only terminating demons to experiment the extent of damage my blood could do. That's all."

"Miyasha-san..." Tanjiro calling my name softly made me feel worse— I didn't want to be here; I shouldn't be here.

"Was that why you went on the Natagumo Mountain with Tanjiro-kun?" Shinobu asked after a beat of silence, her voice a little too sweet for my ears.

"No." I simply answered, not willing to explain any further than that.

"Then, why—"

"—I was there because I felt there were people needed my help." I stated firmly, making a few things clear just in case, "I had the full knowledge of what I was getting into and no, Tanjiro did not approve of me going. It was my decision alone."

"You felt them...?" Rengoku asked skeptically.

"I... can feel the auras of people around me." I sighed, "Their power, vaguely their emotions and sometimes even their physical condition."

"You were the one who treated the survivors under the tree?" Shinobu asked tentatively, to which I nodded my head in affirmation, "I found some... red liquid spread on the ground near them— was that your blood?"

"Yes." I affirmed again, still feeling gazes on me filled with suspicion.

"And the ones in the medicine...? Was the red paste made of your blood too?"

"A part of it, but yes." I confessed, "My blood is corrosive for demons, but apparently has a strange medicinal property for humans— mostly helping in clotting blood and in healing faster, although I'm not completely sure about the latter part."

"You use your blood for medicinal purposes?" Oyakata-sama asked with mild curiosity.

"Yes." I answered, "I... mostly work as a travelling doctor. So, I had used my blood in various medicinal purposes, trying to decipher its effects on different life forms and overall properties since I was not aware of anything about it."

I finally looked up, my face twisting into a slight frown as I continued, "Oyakata-sama, you seemed to be familiar with my type of blood... So, if I may be allowed to ask, can you... how much do you know about it, Sire?" I hesitantly asked, hearing my heartbeat loud in my ears.

"Not much I'm afraid." He honestly answered, making me visibly deflate, "Though, I remember reading about them from a book passed down to me by my father."

My heart skipped a beat at his last statement— though, all my hopes came crashing down when the reality kicked in.

"I would have to join the demon slayers for it, wouldn't I?" I said it out loud, almost regretting it instantly when I felt a few glares fix on me.

"Of course not." Kagaya simply smiled at me as I snapped my head back to stare at him.

'What is this man up to...?'

"I would not force you to be a slayer, if you don't want to." He clarified, still giving me his serene smile, "However, I sincerely wanted to know the reason behind your declination, Miyasha."

"I don't like killing things." I started, closing my eyes as the warm sunlight fell on my body, "I mean, since I was a child, I've always been told that killing any kind of life form, unless absolutely necessary, is bad— a sin, if you wanna call it that. That was why I never even liked hitting people but... it all changed when the existence of demons came into my knowledge. Demons... they are not much different than humans... they are unfortu—"

"Demons are not different than humans?" Sanemi growled, his eyes glaring holes at me, "Do you even know what you are saying."

"I do." I boldly replied, "I know exactly what I'm saying, Hashira-sama."

"Then explain." He ordered, his eyes furious pale purple eyes meeting into mine.

"Explain what, Hashira-sama?" I taunted, feeling my own anger grow, "That why demons aren't much different than humans? Do you really think demons are the only ones who kill humans? Or eat humans?" I challenged, trying my best to not increase my volume, "Are you aware of the heinous crimes humans do, Hashira-sama? Demons mostly kill us for food — maybe even protection and fun — but humans? They kill for pleasure, power, money, fun; not to mention the other despicable crimes such as slavery, rape, torture— all these things that they pull out on their own species, and sometimes their own kin."

"Humans," I spat, "Are no better than demons. Demons are only the more primal and savage part— the part that humans hide in the dark corners, that's it." I breathed heavily after the rant, feeling the growing irritation in me simmer down slowly.

"So what?" Obanai asked, "We shouldn't kill demons anymore? Let them run rampage?"

"Of course not." I took a deep breath as I rubbed my cold hands on my forehead, "I'm not saying to not kill them, but just... don't treat them like filth. Many of those demons you fight don't even remember their human life— and most of them never consented to be a demon. They were forced to be so. What I mean to say is that they are not the filth you think them to be, but rather are untold tragedies. Most of us definitely have gone through a stage in our lives where we were just... one step away from being like them."

"That is very true." Kagaya agreed, "I apologize for this bringing up, Miyasha." He apologized sincerely in his serene tone, "My intention was not to offend you but to only understand your reasons, for I myself consider that you would make a good demon slayer."

"I... I'm afraid I have to disagree." I honestly answered, though Kagaya seemed to have some other plans.

"Is it so?" He asked off-handedly, smiling as he continued, "Wouldn't being a demon slayer aid in your goals? You could experiment on the demon with your blood, along with your own set of ideals which we would not force you to change."

"I-It's not just about that..." I weakly started, though I didn't continue because what could I say? That I don't wanna join cause I'll change the plot?

"...If it is because you fear that you can't 'save everyone', then the Kakushi will handle that part." Shinobu gently relayed, her violet eyes staring softly at me, "You won't have to carry the guilt of it with you."

'What should I do...?' I thought for what felt like the millionth time that morning, 'Should I decline? Would they let me go if I do? Would I... would I be able to meet Nezuko and the boys again if I declined?'

My heart thundered as my mind raced with all the unanswered questions— especially with the last one.

'I...' I stared at Tanjiro who was still sitting near the edge of the porch, staring back at me with an unreadable expression, 'Do I really wanna leave him?'

I shook my head at the last thought, 'Who the fuck am I kidding? I'm too deep in all this shit to not care about it now.'

"I don't wanna leave." I absent-mindedly blurted out, making everyone around confused, "I... Can I ask a few things for you in exchange for being one? I mean, demon slayer?"

Kagaya seemed a bit surprised at my question; although he recovered and agreed to it pretty quickly.

"I..." I frowned, listing the things that maybe I could use to my advantage— if I indeed was jumping into the plot, I ain't gonna leave anything, "I wanted to keep three, um, conditions if you wanna call them, to join the Demon Slayer Corps... if you don't mind. They... won't be much, and would rather be a request... if you don't mind?"

Kagaya simply smiled, "I don't have any issues. Please continue."

"Um, firstly... can you please tell me more about my blood type— dokuchi as you called it, right? Anything that you have or anything that you've heard, please."

"I will. Please continue."

"Secondly..." I gulped once, still contemplating if I should— oh, fuck it, "I'm not strong enough." I blurted out, "I can't behead demons most of the time— or at least not without swords or considerable amount of my strength. That's why I mostly use my blood to just corrode them instead. I just... I just wanna request that if I die on the battlefield, please just retrieve my body and drain all my blood off of it to use it as per your need— I don't want it to be wasted or the demons to be somehow used to it or something."

"That's very noble of you, Miyasha." Kagaya declared after a beat of silence, the smile on his face looking wider than ever, "Shinobu and the Kakushi will look after that."

"And um," I stumbled upon my words, my mind too much muddled to focus on even one thing, "Thirdly, I... I wanted to offer my name as... um, what I mean is that I as well declare that if Nezuko ever harms a human, I'll commit... seppuku to atone for such... crime..."

I took in a deep breath to calm myself down, though it was turning harder and harder with every second— my body was too cold and the nausea was too...

'I've lost too much blood...' I realized as my body slowly started giving up. I could hear Kagaya saying something to me in the background but I couldn't understand him.

My head was aching so much and I just wanted some rest...

(~<>~)

Sanemi's eyes widened as he noticed the woman beside him slowly sway towards him before falling to his side completely.

He immediately caught her body in his arms, his eyes widening as he felt the dampness of the dark blue haori around her body.

'Is it... blood?' He frowned as his suspicions were proven right as he noticed the scarlet liquid on her kimono and some places on her haori.

By the time he gently turned her, Shinobu was already at his side— checking her pulse as the other younger slayer, Tanjiro, kept calling her name softly in worry.

"She's alive," Shinobu declared in a very grave tone, "But not for long, I'm afraid. Her pulse is very weak— we need to take her to the Butterfly Estate right now!"

"Oyakata-sama," Tomioka started, startling the other Hashiras around him, "If I have your permission, may I take her to the Butterfly Estate?"

"Please do." Oyakata-sama replied instantly, making him move towards the girl in Sanemi's arms with an urgency in his steps.

Sanemi watched silently as Tomioka gently took the girl from his arms— she looked so... fragile as compared to before when she was protecting that burgundy-haired slayer.

Once the girl was secure in his arms, Tomioka disappeared; his high speed not coming off as much of a surprise to the Hashiras— though it was him helping Miyasha, on his own accord, was what surprised them the most.

(~<>~)

Giyuu knocked on the doors of the Butterfly Estate, before entering it without any hesitation— the life of the bleeding girl in his arms mattered more than his lack of mannerism.

He instantly entered the estate, moving inside with ease as he was familiar with the structure just as the other Hashiras.

He frowned, 'Where are the Kakushi?' He thought irritatingly as he kept moving through each of the rooms, 'Should I call them inste—'

"Eh?!" His eyes fell on a blue-eyed girl in front of him, "Hashira-sama...?"

"She's bleeding." He looked down at Miyasha in his arms, "Shinobu sent me here."

"O-Oh." She immediately started walking towards another room, "Please follow me here and place her on the bed." She directed, before opening a room and showing him the bed she was talking about, "I'll call the doctor immediately and get her patched up. Thank you for your help, Hashira-sama."

Giyuu paid the new girl no mind as he gently placed her on the white sheets of the fresh bed, noticing his hands coated in her blood; even his haori had slight traces of blood which he got while carrying her here.

He turned around once, noticing no one in the room except him— the girl most probably went to find the doctor she was talking about.

He turned towards Miyasha again, gently brushing her hair off of her sticky forehead— her body was cold, making his heart skip a beat in worry.

'She'll be fine.' He assured himself, 'Shinobu will treat her.' He moved out of the room, assuring himself again and again.

With that, he made his way back towards the headquarters; although his speed significantly slower than before.

(~<>~)

In a dimly lit room, the Hashira meeting resumed— most of it revolving around the integrity and quality of the recently recruited members of the Demon Slayer Corps.

"Just as you've all reported, the demons' carnage has increased more than ever. Meaning that the threat to human life is greater than it's ever been. We'll have to bolster the ranks of the demon slayers." Oyakata-sama relayed.

"The incident on mount Natagumo made it crystal clear." Sanemi agreed, "The caliber of the slayers have nose-dived to unbelievable levels. Most of them are useless. The trainers must be blind; you'd think they could at least felt if someone's competent or not."

"Well, that kid today sure seemed competent." Uzui commented, smiling mischievously as he added, "He did land that flamboyant blow on you, Shinazugawa. He's got potential. In fact, that girl too— the speed with which she blocked you was impressive!"

Sanemi silently looked away, refusing to comment on that topic.

"The more the human population increases, the harder it becomes to control and unify them." Shinobu commented, "Not to mention that the times have changed considerably in this era."

"Other than that," Himejima added, "Those who've had their loved ones brutally massacred, or those of distinguished pedigree who have hunted demons for generations are the only ones joining the Corps. To ask anyone to harness as much or even greater resolve and drive to produce results as them would be cruel."

Rengoku agreed, adding his own comment, "Still, considering that those two ran into Kibutsuji and a Demon Moon so soon after joining the Corps... They may have the power to draw them! Even we Hashiras rarely get the chance to confront one! It makes me envious!"

"Agreed." Oyakata-sama replied, "But the fact that Lower Five made such a drastic move probably means that Kibutsuji is nowhere near mount Natagumo. After all, in the case of Asakusa, whenever he wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off. It's quite frustrating."

"It's quite surprising how Sarota-san actually stopped the Demon transformation." Shinobu admitted, "With her blood, we may be able to create a poison that could kill even the Demon Moons."

"I'll leave that all to you then, Shinobu." Oyakata-sama smiled, "I believe that among you Hashiras, I've assembled the finest unit since the First Breathing swordsmen of the feudal era." He declared proudly, "And today, among you nine, I want to introduce two more to your rank and comrade."

The Hashiras blinked in surprise, before Shinobu's eyes widened in surprise, "Oyakata-sama, are you talking about Kinomiya-san?"

Oyakata-sama smiled widely, confirming her intuition, "Yes, Shinobu." He replied, "Due to unfortunate circumstance, they couldn't be present for the meeting today. However, they would be present for the next meeting regarding Kibutsuji." He relayed, smiling serenely just as he always did.

(~<>~)

"Di...! Stop disturbing me!" A girl with dark brown hair giggled, "You know I can't play the game like this!"

"Why? What's the big deal?" Was that my voice? It sounded much... deeper.

"You laying on my stomach distracts me! Move aside! Move~!" She poked me in my ribs, making me laugh.

"Stop it! Stop, stop, sto—" the younger girl tickled me till I fell down the bed, her milk brown eyes widening in horror as she yelled in surprise before apologizing.

"I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, so sorry...!" She apologized as she helped me get up from the ground, her tan hands reaching out and pulling my own darker ones, "Are you hurt? I'm so sorry for that! I didn't mean to—"

"I am not! Don't worry, dear." My unfamiliar yet so familiar hand reached out to ruffle her puffed up hair, "I know you'll never hurt me intentionally."

"Hey! Don't touch my hair!" She pouted, before leaping into my arms and nuzzling me as I laughed and hugged her back.

'Why couldn't this last forever?'

.

My eyes snapped open— the bright light coming into the room immediately made me squint my eyes.

I took a shuddering breath, covering my eyes with my forearm as I laid back on the bed; my body shivered from an unknown source of cold, the sweet dream still lingering in my memories.

'How is she?' My mind wandered back to her, 'Is she fine? Is mum fine? Are they... are they even alive? Did they... did they grieve for me?'

I sighed and got up, rubbing the tears off of my cheeks. I didn't know— I couldn't know about it anymore.

I couldn't go home.
I don't have a family anymore—

"Miyasha-san...?" Tanjiro's voice interrupted my thoughts as I snapped my head up to look at him— he seemed to have just arrived, still standing at the entrance of the room, "Miyasha-san! You're fine!" He yelled, moving towards me without any hesitation.

To my surprise, he came in and hugged me; his warm hug making my heart skip painfully.

"You're fine..." he said softly, his voice cracking as he continued, "I-I... I thought you... I'm so sorry for dragging you into this, Aneki!"

"Shh..." I slowly caressed the back of his head, my eyes tearing up as he kept apologizing, "Ta—"

"Tanjiro?" Zenitsu's eyes widened as he entered and noticed me awake, "Miyasha-san!" He immediately moved towards the opposite side of the bed and joined the hug; his small hands hugging my waist, "Miyasha-san!" He wailed as he hugged me too.

I gave a watery laugh, caressing the top of the heads of both the idiots.

'How could I ever leave these idiots?'

"I'm fine... don't worry..." Tears flowed down my eyes as a hugged them; watery laughter escaping through my lips as they fussed over me crying, "No, I'm not sad... I'm just... glad..." I looked at their faces, softly patting the two of them as another tear flowed down my eyes, "I'm so glad you both are fine... thank you so much for being here with me..."

Zenitsu cried and jumped in to hug my waist again, wailing loudly about what he went through in the forest. I softly caressed his head, smiling in melancholy all the while as Tanjiro offered me a cloth to wipe of my tears.

'Thank you so much.' I thought gratefully, my voice failing to show my true emotions to them.

_________________________________________

(~<End of Natagumo Mountain Arc>~)

_________________________________________

Hey there!
Short chapterI know, but this holds a lot of significance, trust me.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the delay! It took me way more time to actually refine the conversation, so I hope you like it!

Please leave a vote and comment if you did or even if you didn't— I'll love to hear your opinion on it!

Stay safe and stay healthy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 896 23
A story about a girl who brings light to those around her despite being shrouded in darkness herself. WARNING: THIS STORY MAY CONTAIN ▫️Strong Langua...
782K 32.6K 108
𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚍. *************************************************** Kimetsu no yaiba belongs to Koyoharu Gotōge I only own my ocs...
120K 3.2K 22
It was unfortunate when Tanjiro twisted his ankle but Nezuko was all too willing to take the charcoal to town in his place. She returns home to a blo...
67.3K 2.1K 27
Eto Tsukiko has the stars in her eyes and the eyesight to see into the soul. She had her spent her life preparing for a marriage only to have it and...