UnOrdinarily Heroic // UnOrdi...

By valid-

Suddenly ripped away from their skirmish, Remi and John find themselves in a mysterious new world, without an... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Gone
Chapter 3: Awakening (Part 2)
Author's Note #1
Chapter 4: Promises
Chapter 5: Shrines (Part 1)
Author's Note #2
Chapter 6: Shrines (Part 2)
Chapter 7: In Memoriam

Chapter 2: Awakening (Part 1)

665 27 7
By valid-

Unknown Location once again...

Open your eyes...

The boy unknowingly followed this command, allowing his world to fade from an empty white to a piercing blue.

Open your eyes.

His vision began to focus, and he was able to make out the structure above him: four pairs of small, blue lights circled around a much smaller one. Those lights were surrounded by a flower petal-like design. It slowly curved off and reached the ceiling, where it was overpowered by a much foggier atmosphere. The water around him began to drain.

Wake up, Link.

Although the rest of the water was gone, Link could not move. Exhaustion overpowered him, but the boy dared to fight it. He had to get up. He must get up. A moment later, his battle was finally over, and he was able to move his body.

Everything outside of his bed was much blurrier than he could've imagined, barely seeing the walls of the unfamiliar room he found himself in. He managed to locate the way out of the bath, and crawled over the wall, leaping to his feet on the detailed floor beside it.

Link, outside of the bath, was able to see the walls much better than before. Orange lights were scattered across a dark brown wall, being linked together like dim constellations. On the far side of the room was a door and a glowing pedestal. Without seeing another way out of his chamber, Link walked over to the pedestal, which activated on his closure. The inner dial slid out and spun clockwise, popping out a strange orange and blue tablet with an eye in the center of it.

That is a Sheikah Slate. Take it. It will help guide you after your long slumber, the mysterious voice beckoned. Link, slightly hesitating, followed the voice's command, and took the slate out of the dial, which spun back into place. Link flipped the tablet around, and the blank screen flashed an strong blue, with an unfamiliar eye in the center of it. Suddenly, he heard a strange gasping sound behind him, and alarmingly turned around. The fog that lied between him and the far wall felt thicker than it was before, so the pointed-ear boy could barely see a thing.

He slowly walked towards the sound, brandishing the Sheikah Slate as a weapon.

The pillared door finally responded the pedestal's command and began to open. Upon seeing the next room, Link gave up on finding the source and walked out.

...

Two sighs of relief came from the far-left corner of the chamber. The door sliding open saved them from being beaten over the head with a rather sturdy-looking tablet.

"Nice going, jacka$$," Remi quietly chastised the black-haired boy standing right next to her. After seeing a bright, blue light on the other side of the room, John instinctively shoved his Joker mask over her head to hide the very pink hair, but accidentally ended up hitting her in the nose, since his glowing eyes were squinted to keep them hidden from the newly-awakened boy.

It was a very bone-headed move, John thought to himself, but he would never, in his life, admit that to the pinkette beside him. Instead, he tacitly walked over to the opposing wall and leaned against it, gesturing for Remi to do the same. Instead, she began to shuffle towards the door, trying the find out where the boy went. The Queen noticed that that the blond boy was now fully clothed and activated another pedestal, and the circular center of the door next to it popped out, allowing the planks to slide open and sunlight to escape through.

Once the pointed-ear boy finally left the cave, Remi immediately bolted down the corridor, John following soon after. They ran up and down flights of stairs, splashed through a lone puddle, and quickly scaled the small ledge. The two were too determined to allow anything to stop them. Any sign, any signal the duo could find to find out where they were at, the pair was more than willing to take-

Remi stood at the entrance of the cave, her orange eyes widening. The scenery she was faced with was breathtakingly beautiful... but was not familiar at all. All of her hope and determination from earlier was caught in the soft breeze she felt on her face. John stopped just behind her.

She slowly made her way to a nearby cliff to get a better view. John cautiously approached the girl, his eyes much dimmer than they were before, just as shocked. Huge forests, colossal mountains, and never-ending plains filled the vast world in front of him. And in the center of it all... was a stunning castle he only ever found in old story books.

Remi managed to look away from her surroundings and back to John. "H-Hey," The pinkette began quietly, "I don't think we're in Wellston anymore..."

It took John a moment to process what the Queen said, but when he did, the noirette loudly facepalmed. "You did not just make a Wizard of Oz reference," he reproached. But the girl did not respond; instead she sat down on the edge of the cliff and pulled her knees to her chest.

'I know I should've seen this coming, I know I should've...' but the reality of it was too much for her to accept. She had no Blyke. No Isen. No Seraphina or even Arlo. The only thing she had left of Wellston was her fading battle marks, her wrinkly rolled-up sleeves, and the man who wished her late brother went to hell.

After a moment of melancholic silence, John decided to go and look around, leaving Remi to her own accord. Down the hill, he saw a very old-looking hermit sitting peacefully next to a campfire, happily talking to the pointed-ear boy from earlier. He decided to stealthily make his way down to them, hiding behind an usually thick tree, hoping the new pair would not notice him.

John slightly leaned his head out from behind the trunk, only to see the old man playfully scolding the boy for taking his baked apple, then giving it to him anyways. 'Any minute now, Sleeping Beauty will walk away from that old guy and I can quickly sneak past them.' When the boy left, John walked out from behind the tree, and made his way across the field...

...Or at least he would've, if Remi didn't sneak up on him, which caused the noirette to screech like a little girl. "What the hell was that for?!" John raged, but the pinkette was too busy giggling her head off to even respond.

"Y-you should've seen your face, and that scream-!!" She exclaimed, her voice still shaking with laughter. After calming herself down, she continued, "You sneaked off without telling me, so you deserved it. Anyways, why were you staring at that old man over there?"

"I would like to know that as well!" This time, both John and Remi jumped, instantly whipping their heads to see the old man approaching them, walking stick and lantern in one hand and the other waving them down. The plans John had before were crushed, as the man's presence was quite overwhelming.

"O-um... w-well..." the noirette stuttered out when the large man with the snowy beard approached them. 'Pull yourself together, John!'

The hermit looked down at them, very amused by the black-haired teen's behavior. "Let's discuss this over a quick snack, shall we?" He lead them back to the campfire and gave the hesitant pair a single baked apple each (This man must have them stocked up, John thought). "So, what brings two young adventurers like yourselves to the Great Plateau?" the Old Man questioned.

"The Great Plateau?" John queried the old man. As far as he was concerned, there was no such place anywhere near Wellston.

The old man chuckled before answering, "Well, to put it simply, it's a small region of the kingdom of Hyrule, young man." The Old Man answered serenely.

"Hy... rule?" John slowly repeated.

"Sir, I hate to ask you this, but we really need your help!" The pinkette exclaimed. Remi was tired of holding it in, desperately wanting to gain any knowledge. The old man quietly sat before them, gesturing for her to continue. "You see, we are not from this... Hyrule. We were randomly taken from our home and was brought to the inside of that cave over there!"

"Why are you-" John began, but was cut instantly off as the Queen continued.

"We'll do anything, but please, in anyway you can, help us get back!" Remi finished, promptly bowing her head to the man before her, forcing John's head down to do the same.

The old man continued to sit in silence, as he stared at the blazing fire in front of him, contemplating. "How curious..." he muttered to himself as he rose to his feet.

"What's... curious?" The pinkette hesitatingly responded, slightly confused.

"It's curious, my darling, that you two you were brought here," the old man began, his voice gaining power as he went, "Curious, that it was the same place that the sacred knight was laid to rest, only to rise once again, 100 years later. Curious... that you were brought to the birthplace of the kingdom of Hyrule, many years after it fell into a state of decay."

"I have decided. I will help lead the two of you on your journey," as he said this, Remi felt relief through her body, "But... I need to ask you two of a favor."

The Queen quickly jumped to her feet, alongside the old man, clearly ready to take on anything. John apprehensively followed suit.

The old man chuckled at the duo before gesturing ahead of him, "You see that boy over there?" The said boy was climbing a tree, happily picking all the apples he could reach, "His name is Link. I want you to help him locate something for me. Only then will I do all I can to help you two get home."

***

A/N: And that's that! I'm gonna have to split this part of the story into two chapters, mostly because I want to try and stay relatively consistent with the chapter lengths. Please don't worry, the Wellston storyline will come back!

Also,  thank you all for 10 votes on this story! I really appreciate it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5.1K 63
What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on all who wronged him. What if, he came ba...
50.6K 1.1K 52
Seraphina is a goddess, John is (questionably) trying to be better, Remi and Blyke are giving him a second chance, Elaine is dumb while Isen is weird...
43.1K 1.3K 38
It's Arlo's birthday... and he has invited everyone in the school to his big party! But it turns out to not be just a simple birthday party. Arlo's c...
27.4K 933 32
(This story takes place in an alternate universe from the world of UnO, where the Royals of Wellston High are now the royals of the kingdom of Wellst...