ORDINARY ― THE DISASTROUS LIF...

By yinlette

❝-SHE WAS ALWAYS ORDINARY TO OTHERS, BUT SHE'S EXTRAORDINARY TO ME.❝ ーーーー [L/N] [Y/N], a random girl wit... More

000; prologue
001; meeting
002; competing
003; greeting
004; completing
005; cheating
006; dealing
007; leaving
009; believing
010; succeeding
011; handwriting
012; inviting

008; treating

29.6K 1.3K 3.9K
By yinlette

➤➤➤➤

''Woah, it's so crowded.'' [Y/N] mumbled under her breath, watching as the crowd walked and talked amongst others. Of course, she was there alone. She didn't have any of her friends' numbers.

It was common for her to spend New Years alone, as her family would always be busy with something. Work, business trips, she was an only child, so it's not like she had a sibling to spend it with.

Perhaps this year will be different now that she changed schoolー

''ーHm? Oh, Girlie!''

ーYeah, maybe it will be.

'Girlie? Wait a second, the only one who has that nickname is..' Saiki turned to where Nendou was yelling to, hoping to see what he was seeing. For once, he was glad that Nendou was here to spot her.

''Come over! We're all going to spend New Years together!'' Nendou shouted, waving his arm around for the girl to see. It was impossible for the girl not see him, so she ran over to them quickly.

''Heyー''

''ーOh, another friend of Kusuo's?! I'm so glad...!'' A woman, who [Y/N] noticed calls Saiki by his first name, interrupted her.

''A female at that!'' A man went up to that woman, wrapping his hand around her waist. Perhaps they were his parents?

''We're Kusuo's parents! We're happy to know that he's making friends!'' Ah, so she was correct, they were his parents. Strange thing was, neither of them had pink hair, since the mother had short-black hair, while the father had brown hair.

''Nice to see you again, [L/N]!'' Kaidou said, walking up to [Y/N] with a smile on his face. See, because of the whole Fortune-Telling thing, both Kaidou and [Y/N] became good friends.

''Yeah, it's nice to see youー''

''ーOh, hey, [L/N]! It's been a while since we last talked!'' A familiar voice caught her off, and she brought her attention to who it was, while Kaidou pouted at the interruption.

''Oh, Hairo! Yeah, it has been a while!'' She gleamed, see, Hairo was right. The last time they talked was in dodgeball, and it technically wasn't even a conversation. More like an introduction. However, his choice of outfit worried her, as it was cold, but he was wearing a shirt with sleeves rolled up.

''So, with who are you gonna spend New Years with?'' Nendou suddenly got in between them, not really caring whether the talk was important or not.

''Oh... Well, I guess alone. Both of my parents go to work, and I'm an only child, so...''

''Oh, I'm sorー''

''ーWow, that's depressing!'' Nendou interrupted Hairo, who was about to apologize, for some reason.

''It's fineー''

''Ah, Saiki! What a coincidence!'' A light suddenly shined behind [Y/N]'s back, immediately knowing who it was. There's only one girl in this world who can shine that brightly, and, of course, it was Teruhashi.

'What's with people interrupting each other these days?'

Yeah, exactly! I've been interrupted more than once in this story, and I'm the narrator, for gods sake!

'W-Who the heck is this pretty girl?! Could it be that my wish of Kusuo getting a girlfriend has been fulfilled?! But it ticks me off that she's so cute..' Saiki's dad thought, jaw wide opened by the sight of Teruhashi, but a little stressed with her looks.

'When he saw [L/N], he thought she was a friend of mine, but when he saw Teruhashi, he thought that she was my girlfriend. Good grief.'

If it hadn't been for [Y/N] suddenly showing up, Saiki might've actually left. But, knowing his parents, they would've invited all his friends to the house.

''Hey, [L/N], have you said your prayer yet?''

Now this grabbed everyone's attention with Kaidou's question.

''Huh? No, I guess I havenー''

''ーOh, go ahead! We can wait!'' Saiki's mother interrupted [Y/N], which made her want to let out a sigh, but she held it in.

''I-I guess so.'' [Y/N] started walking over to the shrine, grabbing a bit of money she had in her pocket, which she was gonna use to buy something, but she decided this was more important.

So, she did as everyone did. She threw money in there, rang the bell, bowed two times, and clapped her hands twice to finally say her prayer that Saiki seemed interesting hearing.

'I wish to have no back pain.'

'That's the first prayer I've heard that felt normal.' Saiki let out a sigh, a ghostly smile on his face, and compared her prayer to others while she was walking back to them.

''ーYeah, that would be cool. Oh, speaking of which, hey, [L/N]!'' Hairo caught [Y/N]'s attention, since he called out for her, and walked over to them.

''Is something wrong?''

''No, everything is fine! We were thinking of coming over to Saiki's house. Wanna come?'' Hairo invited her, catching her and Saiki off-guard, seeming as he was more interested in hearing her prayer that he forgot about the others.

Well, also the fact that Teruhashi kept trying to talk to him and show off her beauty, or something, but that's not the point.

'Hah? Since when did this happen?!' Saiki thought in horror, realizing he didn't pay any attention on what his parents were saying.

''Wellー''

''ーOh, I don't think we should force her!'' Teruhashi interrupted [Y/N], making her want to let out another sigh since another person interrupted her yet again.

''What do you mean, Teruhashi?'' Hairo looked at her with a puzzled look, confused as of why she had answered for [Y/N].

''W-Well, I'm sure she has more business to attend to, rather than to just randomly show up to Saiki's house!'' Saiki glared at Teruhashi, knowing her true intention behind all of this.

'You just don't want her to come.'

''Well, It's not like I have anything better to do...'' [Y/N] scratched the back of her head, a little embarrassed to admit the fact she has nothing to do on New Years Eve.

''Oh, I see! I just said that cause I didn't want to interrupt anything important you were gonna do!'' Teruhashi apologized, Nendou and Kaidou, including Saiki's parents, melting from her kindness.

However, everything was much different in Saiki's eyes.

'Why won't she leave? She's like a stray dog following everyone around, wanting to be included in things she's not important in!'

'What has [L/N] even done to you in order for you to treat her this way?'

''I can come, of course, if Saiki and his parents would allow me to.'' She looked at Saiki instead of his parents, who were still smiling brightly at the fact Saiki had friends, but he just had a blank expression.

''Everyone is already coming, so there wouldn't be any difference if you came.''

'Everything would be much bearable if you came, so please do.'

''Kusuo, be nice!'' His mother glared at her son, unhappy with his tone and choice of words. ''We'd be delighted if you came, [L/N]!''

''Just [Y/N] is fine.'' 

''Ah, I see, [Y/N]-sweetie!''

'So this is how it feels like to be embarrassed by parents...' Saiki thought, wanting to disappear from existence when he heard how his mother called [Y/N].

''She asked to call her [Y/N], not 'sweetie'.'' Saiki deadpanned, while her mother looked at him with a sad expression, before nodding, and agreeing.

[Y/N], however, coughed, trying to ignore the fact that Saiki called her by her first name, not that she honestly minded.

''If you want, you can also call me [Y/N], Saiki.'' Saiki looked at her with an uncertain expression, before nodding, a small smile gracing his lips.

''Got it.''

''How about we get going before it goes dark?'' Teruhashi suddenly spoke up, interrupting everyone's conversation, as she clapped her hands, an angelic-like smile on her. However, she was mostly annoyed by Saiki and [Y/N]'s interaction.

''O-Oh...''

''Oh..''

''Teruhashi is right! It will get dark in the matter of no time, so we better hurry up!'' Hairo said, interrupting Teruhashi's satisfaction of receiving two 'Oh's' from Kaidou and Nendou. However, that quickly disappointed her with the fact that Saiki didn't.

'I have a feeling that this is gonna be one interesting New Years Eve.' [Y/N] thought, unaware with the fact she was correct.

This was definitely gonna be one special New Years Eve.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

853K 39.8K 170
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
1.5M 48.3K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
262K 5.7K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
128K 533 35
PLEASE NO HATE! U READ THE TITLE IF U DONT WANNA READ DONT READ!