I Wanna Be Down

By shayybreezyy

revamp of a previously written story on a different platform. •• More

C A S T
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R F O U R

C H A P T E R T H R E E

47 6 4
By shayybreezyy

••

"Man, I'm beyond ready for basketball season to start," Terrance grinned. "Niggas is gon' be mad as hell."

Terrance had been playing basketball almost, all of his life and he planned on playing during his college years. Of course, since he was a transfer it would be harder for him to claim a spot on the team even though he was asked to come there.

Throughout high school, Terrance, Esau, and David played on the same team together. They earned the nickname 'The Golden Trio' as they won three consecutive championships in high school.

They all had chosen to stay together, but when Terrance received an offer from a school that he had always wanted to attend he jumped at the opportunity. After playing with them for one season, things just didn't feel right and he announced that he was looking to transfer somewhere else.

So, when the coach at the University of Michigan emailed him it felt like destiny. His two best friends were already on the basketball team there, and he couldn't turn down an offer to play with them again. So, when he accepted his friends were beyond ecstatic. This was their opportunity to redo everything they did in high-school, but better.

"Hell yeah, the dream team is back baby," David laughed, dapping Terrance up in the process. "Shit is about to get real hectic around here."

"Hey David," Brandy waved, walking towards them.

Terrance chuckled to himself, knowing Brandy was only coming over to annoy David.

"Goodbye, Brandy." David dismissed her, moving away so he wouldn't be within arms reach. "Why do you always have to be where I'm at?"

"What y'all talking about?" Brandy asked, completely ignoring his question.

Terrance couldn't help but laugh. "Basketball."

"Oo, what a coincidence. Raegan is a cheerleader," Brandy wiggled her eyebrows, trying to throw hints at Terrance causing them all to laugh. "I'm trying to be serious here."

"A cheerleader? I wouldn't have guessed that," Terrance admitted, completely in shock.

"Yeah, but her boyfriend is always there," Brandy rolled her eyes. "I hate that nigga, he's such a dickhead."

"Why you so jealous?" David asked, causing Brandy to snap her head in his direction. "I'm just asking."

Esau stepped in, quickly agreeing with Brandy. "Nah, that ain't jealousy. That nigga ain't shit."

David furrowed his eyebrows. "Really? Cause she talks about that nigga like he's the best thing walking."

"Yeah, he a good player and all but besides that, I don't get what she sees in him," Esau shrugged. "But, then again I wouldn't understand because I'm a dude. It's not my business."

"He doesn't deserve her, and she just doesn't see it. So this is where Terrance steps in and saves the day." Brandy encouraged, pulling his arm gently. "Woohoo!"

Terrance chuckled, shaking his head. "Let me ask you this. Is he cheating on her?"

"Tuh. Most definitely, I don't care what anybody says I know he's cheating," Brandy mugged. "I be seeing the way all them bitches stare at him, ain't no way he ain't fucking one of them."

"And she still sticking it out wit' ole' dude?" Terrance asked, in disbelief.

"She doesn't know," Brandy sighed. "We don't say anything because we don't have a way of proving it."

"Who is we?" Esau asked, trying to figure out who she was throwing into the equation.

"Me and Ash dummy," Brandy answered, in a duh tone. "We know she's not gonna believe it because he treats her so good."

Terrance couldn't believe that Raegan was getting played, and the fact that her best friend was allowing it puzzled him. From what he had heard about her, she was one of the smartest girls on that campus but was falling for the grimiest man.

"Just, promise not to bring this up to her," Brandy clasped her hands together. "I don't want her to find out from y'all."

Terrance shrugged his shoulders, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "That ain't my business and I don't plan on inserting myself in it. I just want her, I don't give a damn about what he got going on."

David laughed, "You crazy man."

Brandy grabbed David's hand. "I'm hungry, let's go to the cafe."

Brandy began pulling him away from the group, causing him to let out a loud groan. "Man, get off me! How y'all just gon' stand there and not help me?"

"I just got finished talking about not getting in other people's business," Terrance threw his hands up. "You a grown-ass man, you can handle it."
••

Raegan sat on a bench, reading a book she had recently checked out of the library. Raegan enjoyed the simple things, and reading was therapeutic to her.

"Rae!" Ashley called out, jiggling her keys. "I've been looking for you everywhere. Where's your phone?"

"I left it in the room. Why? What's wrong?" Raegan asked, closing the book. "Did you lock your car keys in the car again?"

"No, not this time," Ashley laughed, sitting on the bench. "I just haven't seen you lately,"

"We live in the same apartment," Raegan joked.

"Yeah, I know. But whenever I come in you're always sleep or with ya' lil boyfriend." Ashley replied, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know why y'all hate him so much. He has been nothing but nice to y'all," Raegan defended. "Y'all need to give him a chance."

"Anyways, there's a party tonight," Ashley quickly changed the subject. "Have you heard?"

"Yeah, I saw the flyers all over Twitter." Raegan shrugged. "And let me guess, you'll be attending?"

"Of course, and so will you." Ashley cheesed, causing Raegan to quickly shake her head.

"Oh, no, no, no," Raegan laughed. "I have lots of studying to do. Plus, you know I left all that in my freshman year."

"C'mon, it's just a few hours," Ashley begged, poking out her bottom lip. "I'm not gonna leave you alone until you say you'll come."

Raegan let out a deep sigh before finally giving in. "Fine, I'll go. What time does it start?"

Ashley squealed, hugging her tightly from the side. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. We're gonna leave at 8."

"Who's driving?" Raegan asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I would prefer you drive because nine times outta ten me and Brandy are gonna leave there drunk as hell," Ashley admitted.

Raegan laughed, shaking her head as she gathered her belongings. "Oh my goodness. I'm gonna play mommy tonight."

"Yep. You already know how we get," Ashley replied, standing up. "Esau!"

Esau turned in her direction, flashing a smile. "Wassup."

"I'll be right back, cause he got me fucked up," Ashley jogged towards him. "Don't wassup me nigga,"

"I know exactly what this is about," Esau laughed, stuffing his phone in his pocket. "Please go somewhere wit' all that bad energy you finna bring over here,"

"Uh uh, why you always gotta get on Twitter and start talking shit?" Ashley asked, tilting her head.

"Man, get out of my face. Wasn't nobody even talkin' about you lil' girl," Esau laughed, walking towards Raegan.

"Keep playing with me and I will get you caught the fuck up," Ashley smirked. "On purpose!"

Esau sucked his teeth, stopping in his tracks. "Aight, chill out. You win, imma keep my mouth shut from now on. I can't lose all my sidepieces."

"I don't even know why you have all those females anyway. Aren't you afraid they'll end up knowing each other?" Raegan asked. "Cause it sounds like you're gonna get yourself caught up one way or another."

"Nah I'm not worried about it," Esau shrugged. "You gon' help me with my American history homework?"

"It depends, if it's tonight I won't be able to help you," Raegan answered, standing up. "Cause I'll be gone by 8."

"Hold up, where you going?" Esau questioned,

"Some party that Ashley is dragging me to," Raegan rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah, Kai lil' joint. I'll be there." Esau smiled. "I'll see y'all later then."

••

Hours later, Raegan found herself in her bathroom straightening her hair while Ashley ironed her outfit and Brandy rummaged through her things.

"So, are you excited Rae?" Ashley asked, laying the outfit across the bed. "B, where are your clothes?"

"This isn't my first party, Ash." Raegan reminded, putting down the flat iron.

"Yeah, buts it's your first party of the semester," Brandy corrected, picking up a palette.

"Yeah, and probably my last one." Raegan jinxed.

"Don't say that. Brandy!" Ashley hit her hand on the iron board, causing Brandy to jump. "Where is your outfit? Once I unplug this, nobody is using it."

"Dang, give me a minute. I'm doing something right now," Brandy sucked her teeth. "You ain't gotta yell at me."

"I barely raised my voice. Now, go get the outfit," Ashley took the palette out her hands. "Please."

Raegan laughed, grabbing her edge control. "Brandy, it's 7:30. We're leaving at 8, if you aren't ready then you will be stuck right there."

"Y'all always tryna' rush me. Damn." Brandy mumbled, walking out the room. "Always worried about me."

"Sometimes, I just wanna hit her upside her damn head," Ashley shook her head, placing her hand on her hip.

Thirty minutes later, Raegan found herself walking through the doors of one of her classmates' houses. She wasn't too excited to be there, and would very much rather be home studying. But she promised her friends that she would try and have a good time.

"Wooo, where's the liquor?" Brandy yelled out, dancing her way through people.

Raegan gently grabbed her arm, pointing a finger at her. "B, do not go all crazy with the drinks just because you know I'm driving. I don't want to throw up in my car,"

"Whatever you say, mom." Brandy smartly replied, continuing to push her way through the crowd.

Raegan found a spot against the wall and planted herself there. She swayed her hips to the music, taking in the scenery. People were drinking, doing drugs, making out and others just enjoying the scene like she was.

"Raegan," A voice called out, causing Raegan to turn her head to see who it was. To her surprise, it was Terrance.

"Oh, hey! Terrance, right?" Raegan smiled, giving him a small wave. "Let me guess, Esau and David, dragged you here?"

"Yeah, you guessed right," Terrance laughed, looking her up and down. "Let me guess, your lil' squad dragged you here?"

Raegan laughed, shaking her head. "Please don't say that. But yes, they dragged me here."

Terrance leaned against the wall, moving closer so she could hear him over the loud music. "So, why you just sitting here? You ain't want anything to drink?"

"Oh no, they probably spiked those drinks and I don't wanna take any chances," Raegan admitted, looking around.

"That's smart. You know this ain't a lifetime movie though right?" Terrance joked.

"Yes, I know that. But, back in high school, I partied my ass off. And my first year, I went to my fair share of parties so I've seen a lot of things," Raegan shrugged.

"Well, how about you take some of mine?" Terrance held up his cup, causing Raegan to raise her eyebrow. "If it's spiked, we'll be laid out somewhere together."

Raegan started laughing as she looked around, but her face quickly fell. Terrance followed her gaze and shook his head.

Justin was with a group of his friends, getting danced on by another girl with a huge grin on his face.

Raegan chuckled, poking her cheek with her tongue. "Wow."

Raegan pushed past Terrance and made her way over to Justin. "Are you fucking serious?"

Justin's eyes widened, as he quickly pushed the girl off him. "Baby, it's not like that."

"No, it is like that! What the fuck are you doing? Why would you think something like this would be okay?" Raegan yelled, pushing him as he attempted to get closer to her. "And what happened to, 'I'm gonna stay home and go over a few plays?' You fucking liar!"

"If you just let me talk, I can explain everything," Justin replied, grabbing her arms. "We ain't gotta do this in front of everybody t—"

Raegan quickly cut him off, with a hard smack to his face. "Shutup!"

Terrance stepped in, grabbing her arm and pulling her back. "Rae, chill out. Let's go outside for a minute."

Justin looked him up and down, before looking at Raegan. "Let's go talk about this, in private."

Raegan walked away, leaving Justin with Terrance. Terrance sized him up before chuckling and walking after Raegan as she went outside. "Raegan!"

Raegan walked down the street, stopping to take a deep breath, as Terrance caught up to her.

"You good?" Terrance asked, standing behind her.

Raegan turned around, with a small smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking."

"I just wanted to make sure. You seemed pretty heated, and I just wanted to de-escalate the situation before you kicked his ass," Terrance chuckled, causing Raegan to laugh.

"Thank you for stepping in. You can go back inside with your friend though, I'm just gonna stay out here." Raegan pulled out her phone and began to text her friends.

"Nah, it's cool. I don't want you to be by yourself," Terrance declined, studying her face.

"No offense, but I have a boyfriend and I'm not interested in you in that type of way," Raegan admitted. "So, just let me be. Please."

Terrance nodded and walked away. Raegan watched as he reluctantly walked back inside the house. Raegan let out a deep sigh before walking towards her car.

Raegan knew she might've been a little harsh with her words and immediately began to feel bad about the way she let him down. Justin made a mistake, but it didn't change the way she felt about him one bit.

She appreciated Terrance helping her to remove herself from the situation before she embarrassed herself even more, but she also didn't want people to make assumptions about the two of them. She couldn't risk news of her getting close with Terrance get back to Justin.

She didn't want Justin to think that she was confiding in Terrance just to get back at him for what he had done earlier, especially since that wasn't the case.

"Where the fuck are they? I'm ready to go," Raegan mumbled to herself, as she got into her car.

______________

so, Brandy just spilled the beans on Justin to Terrance. What do you think he'll do with the information? Do you think Brandy is wrong for withholding this information from Raegan?
Raegan witnessed Justin dancing with another girl, what do you think she'll do?
Thoughts on the chapter?

don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.2K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...