๐–๐ข๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ |...

By housekeepingjjobx

"๐Ž๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐š๐ง๐ค๐ฌ. ๐๐š๐ซ๐š๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐ง ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ก" Elliot Gomez. A Pogue. With her parents gone, an... More

โœฉCastโœฉ
โœฉLook Bookโœฉ
โœฉpilot - one - meet the crewโœฉ
โœฉpilot - three - dead bodayyyโœฉ
โœฉpilot - four - your move broskiโœฉ
โœฉpilot - five - diver downโœฉ
โœฉpilot - six - bogeyโœฉ
โœฉthe lucky compass - seven - burlyโœฉ
โœฉthe lucky compass - eight - Redfieldโœฉ
โœฉthe lucky compass - nine - voi effing lรกโœฉ
โœฉthe forbidden zone - ten - dear birdโœฉ
โœฉthe forbidden zone - eleven - the internetโœฉ
โœฉthe forbidden zone - twelve - stay off figure eightโœฉ

โœฉpilot - two - grady whiteโœฉ

7.1K 92 36
By housekeepingjjobx

✩✩✩

"Hey Ellie." John B said quietly to me sleeping in my bed. He shook my shoulders. Finally I opened my eyes. After we had seen the boat the night before, we dropped Pope off at his house and went back home and quickly fell asleep. By the time we got there, JJ was already passed out on the pullout couch. Only JJ would be able to fall asleep, alone in a fish shack, in a hurricane.

"What" I groaned as I stretched putting my face into the pillow. I let out a loud sigh after stretching and rubbed my eyes.

"It's time to wake up"

"Yeah yeah yeah" I said as I hopped out of bed. I tried to flip the switch to turn on the ceiling fan, but nothing happened.

"Yep, no power, no service." John B stated with a sigh.

"Great." I stated sarcastically.

We made our way into the living room, where JJ was asleep. He was laying on his stomach with the side of his face crushed into the pillow. His hair was messy. He looked so peaceful as he slept. I couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"Yo JJ," John B said as he lightly slapped his bare back, "you been outside?"

"I have polio bro I can't walk." JJ said in a groggy morning voice as he pushed himself out of his position. I laughed at his actions.

He slumped back down onto the bed as if to go back to sleep. I jumped into him.

"Get up blondie"

He groaned as I layed on his back. "Get off" he groaned as he tried to squirm out from under me. " You weigh like a thousand pounds."
He managed to flip around so I was now on his stomach instead of his back. He grabbed my waist and lifted my off of him, before tossing me onto the floor.

"Dickhead" I muttered with a laugh as I stood up from the floor. I walked into the kitchen over to the fridge and grabbed two beers. I tossed one to JJ and he thanked me. We made our way out to the porch. I leaned against the railing as JJ leaned against the post.

The yard was a mess. A tree uprooted itself due to the Hurricane and there were branches and leaves strewn out through the yard. I whistled at the sight.

"Agatha did some work huh?" JJ shouted over to John B who was next to the HMS Pogue cleaning out branches.

"Yeah she did." John B hollered back.

My eyes traveled beyond the yard to the water. Trash. Kie was going to through a fit about this.

"We'll be trying to clean this place back up a long time" I sighed. JJ burped next fo be before pushing himself off the post and walking towards John B who was still throwing branches out of the small boat.

"Watcha thinking." JJ asked John B

"I'm thinking that storm surge pushed all of the crabs out of the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab." John B replied as he climbed into the boat and threw more branched out.

"What about DCS weren't they supposed to come today?" I questioned as I walked towards the shirtless boys.

"Oh yeah" JJ said leaning on the edge of the boat, "Wasn't that today?

"Nah they're not getting on a ferry." John B replied leaning down to grab a branch. "Come on think about it. It's God telling us to fish." He said waving a branch towards the sky.

"Hell yeah." I cheered. "Let me go change real quick."

I ran inside and changed out of my clothes. I put on a striped bikini and over top a baggy yellow shirt and some denim shorts. I braided my hair and grabbed a hat. I decided to just go barefoot since we would be on a boat.

I ran back outside and whooped as I jumped on the boat to go pick up Pope and Kie.

✩✩✩

"It's kind of a smugglers boat" I said carrying on our conversation about the boats we passed through the cut.

"Good morning!" John b yelled to people as we passed them by. I waved at them.

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink" JJ said as me and John B hummed in agreement, "He doesn't have insurance."

"Hi Miss Amy!" John B called to a woman on her deck cleaning it off. She waved to us. "You guys get through it" John B continued

"Still here" she shouted back.

"She totally looked at me." JJ muttered to me and John B. I laughed.

"You wish."

"Aw come on Skip, no need to be jealous." JJ whined

"Please. I'm jealous of the girls who don't get to meet you." I said with a sarcastic eye roll. JJ gasped and held his hand to his hurt.

"That hurt Elliot" he whined. I just laughed at him before turning back to the water.

"Dude look at this place." John b said eyeing the dirty decks and trash filled water. JJ whistled in agreement.

"Agatha. What'd you do?" JJ called out.

"She is a crazy lady." John B dragged on.

"Hardcore dude. Hurricane surge" I chuckled. John B nodded.

"We're gonna be cleaning this all summer." JJ stated.

"That is my nightmare." John B sighed.

"Hell yeah." I cooed.

"Well look who we have here." John B said in a weird cartoon accent to Pope. He was standing on the deck outside his dad's shop cleaning it off. He was holding a hose filling up a bucket of water. He looked miserable.

JJ tootled to Pope. "Hey bubba!" I called out to him.

"We have a safety meeting. Attendence mandatory." John B called out using his hand to make is sound like he was talking into a walkie talkie. He mimicked a static sound.

"I can't my pop's got me on lockdown." Pope called out from the deck

"Come on man. Your dad's a pussy. Over" JJ mimicked talking through a walkie talkie as well. I laughed at him choice of words.

"Oh I heard that you little bastard." Heyward said coming from behind Pope. My eyes widened realizing we were caught trying to steal his son.

"Hey Heyward" I said awkwardly. He looked at me before rolling his eyes. He had caught me trying to steal some stuff out of his shop and let's just say he's not too fond of me.

"We need your son." John B called over to the man.

"Yeah and island rules. Day after Hurricanes' a free day." JJ bullshitted as he shrugged.

"Who the hell made that up." Heyward sassed. I laughed at his tone of voice.

"Uh, Pentagon I think. We have security clearance. I have a card." JJ continued as he reached into his pocket. Heyward looked at us as if we had three heads.

"Pentagon? Y'all think I'm stupid." Heyward backfired.

"Hoped" I reassured.

"I-I'll do it tomorrow. I promise. Tommorow-" Pope started to reason with his father.

"No, no." Heyward cut him off. "No. Hell no. You doin it right now."

"Get in the boat." John B whisper shouted to Pope.

"Make a run for it brother." JJ whispered. I started waving my hands motioning him to get in the boat.

"Boy, if you get in that boat-" Keywarx was cut off my Pope dropping the hose and jumping into the boat.

"Yeah! How does that feel." JJ muttered to Pope.

"Go, go, go, go." Pope told John B as his father yelled at him.

"Bring yo ass back up here!"

"I promise I'll do it tomorrow Dad I promise!" Pope shouted to his dad as we drifted away. I laughed at Pope's nervous state.

"You get back, you gonna clean shrimp, you gonna clean fish," Heyward yelled to Pope.
"Love ya Pops" I yelled to Heyward.
"You clean your dirty ass room," Heyward continued.
"We'll bring him back in one piece I promise!" John B hollered to the man behind us.

"And I don't like your friends!" Heyward yelled to us. We all laughed at his comment as we drove away.

We drove for a while longer before we came to Kie's deck.

"Oh, top of the mornin to ya." John B said in a fake Irish accent.

"Morning boys and E." Kie smirked as she approached the end of the deck.

"Mornin" me and JJ said in synch.

"Watcha got?" John B questioned eyeing the cooler the girl had in her hand. "Got some juice boxes?"

"You know, just some yogurt some carrot sticks." the girl replied walking down the ramp to the end of the dock where she met our boat.

"What about my kinda juice boxes?" I asked squinting my eyes to look at the girl through the sun.

"Yeah" she grinned as she took JJ's hand who helped her in the boat. I wrapped my arm around the girl and gave her a kiss on the side of the head.

She handed us all a beer, except for Pope. She clanked her bottle with mine.

"Salud."
"Skoal"

✩✩✩

It was a hot day. We were out on the water, and had now taken off our shirts leaving the boys shirtless and me and Kiara in our bikini tops and shorts.
We had been drinking and talking and laughing the whole time. A normal day for the Pogues.

JJ turned to me. "Bet you can't do this." before turning back to the group. "Let me show ya'll a party trick."

I knew exactly what he was doing and grabbed another beer for myself. He walked to the front of the boat as I followed him.

"Pope can you go a bit faster please." JJ called to Pope who was now driving the boat.

"Oh here we go." John B muttered going to the back of the boat. "It doenst work we've tried this 6000 times"

"I got this" JJ replied
"It's gonna work" I called to the three behind us as we stepped into the edge of the boat.

The beer came flying out of our bottles as we tried to catch it in our mouths.

"Oh my God your getting beer in my hair" Kie complained from behind us as we missed the beer flying out of the bottles.

"Oh my God, alright. Alright! Your done."
"Stop"
"JJ. Elle."

Suddenly there was a loud noise and the boat stopped. Me and JJ were thrown off the front of the boat.

I did a flip as I smacked my back against the water. I groaned loudly as I got to the surface. I heard JJ doing the same.

"Jesus Pope!" Kie sighed

"You guys okay?" questioned Pope from the boat. I heard John B groan and Kie got up and stretched her back.

"I think my heels touched the back of my head" JJ groaned floating on his back.

"Im great except for the fact I can taste my kidneys." I groaned trying to stay upright. I took off my shorts under water because they were already soaked and threw them up for Pope to catch.

"Pope what did you do?" JJ asked from our spot in the water.

"Sandbar. Channel changed." Pope sighed

"No shit." I said as me and JJ began to slowly make our way back towards the boat.

"This is probably gonna mess this whole place up" John B groaned. Pope walked to the edge of the water and began to look at it.

"Hey I saved the beer though" JJ triumphed from the water.

"Congrats JJ." John B called from the boat.

I has busy looking at Pope. He had a confused face as he stared at the water. I tried to look for myself but only saw the sun reflecting off the water. I looked back up at his face to see it was not completely serious as he stared.

"Guys... I think there's a boat down there."

word count: 1998

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.2K 810 25
'anything for the princess'
636K 25.7K 50
-๐†๐‘๐„๐„๐Š ๐“๐‘๐€๐†๐„๐ƒ๐˜ สฒสฒ แตแตƒสธแต‡แตƒโฟแต "๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ...
221K 3.5K 21
"๐š’ ๐š”๐š—๐š˜๐š  ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐šœ๐šŠ๐š’๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š๐š˜๐š—'๐š ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐š’๐š ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐š™๐š•๐š’๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š ๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š ๐š๐š›๐šข ๐š”๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š™ ๐š’๐š ๐šœ๐š’๐š–๐š™๏ฟฝ...
137K 3.5K 52
IN WHICH an honorary kook gets mixed up in a treasure hunt not even a week after moving to the island her uncle lives on. (...jj x fem oc) (formerly...