7 Minutes in Heaven, But it's...

By Ship_On_The_Sea

It's one thing flying out to another country and spending a week in your best friend's home, but it's another... More

Author's note - PLEASE READ
Day 0: Gay Panic in an Airport is Not Very Cash Money
Day 1: The Atmosphere in This Room is ASTRONOMICAL
Day 2: That Moment When You Realize You're the Third Wheel
Day 4: Battling a Painful Conundrum Often Leads to Clarity
Day 5: Is That Just the Thunder, or are the Gods Applauding?
Day 6: Taking a Long Walk at a Liquid Zoo Can Be Kinda Romantic, Not Gonna Lie
Day 7: Tearful Goodbye, Optimistic Futures

Day 3: Falling Both Physically and Metaphorically At a Roller Rink is Kinda Cool

168K 4.6K 36.4K
By Ship_On_The_Sea

(A/N: original title of chapter is "Day 3: Falling Both Physically and Metaphorically At a Roller Rink is Kinda Cool, To Be Honest With You", but I capped the chapter title limit -_-
Also, please do NOT make any sexual/NSFW comments)

"Damn, they stayed on the couch all night?" Sapnap said to himself as he walked into the living room, stretching. It was just a little after eleven in the morning, and Sapnap, the early riser, was craving coffee. And breakfast. His cravings were forgotten, however, as he noticed the two densest people in the world laying together on the couch. He watched them peacefully sleep for a moment before he took out his phone, snapped a picture, and walked into the kitchen to fix a pot of coffee and cook and three of them something to eat.

While he waited for the coffee to be made, he took a seat at the kitchen island and pulled up his most recent conversation with Bad, and sent the video he recorded the other day, the message 'Look at these muffins Bad I'm going to die' attached. A very quiet beep of the coffee machine finishing made Sapnap put his phone down, and he made himself a cup of caffeinated bean water.

Sitting back down, he picked his phone up and noticed Bad had replied. 

'Silly muffins! I'm not sure why they're going to make you die tho :\'

Why was he friends with people so dense?

'Do you not know?' Sapnap typed back. He got a response a minute later.

'Of course, I'm not blind! >:( I just don't understand why they're going to kill you, they'll figure it out eventually!'

Scratch that, Bad wasn't as dense as Sapnap thought.

--------------------

The warm smell of coffee slowly woke Dream up, and he paused for a moment after opening his eyes to remember where he was. Once he remembered that he was on his couch in his living room, he also remembered that he fell asleep on George, and was suddenly aware of said man cuddling his side.

Is this going to be a thing the whole week?

Trying his hardest not to wake George, Dream practically slid off the couch and onto the floor before standing. George stirred some, but if he actually woke up, he didn't reveal it.

Dream walked into the kitchen to find Sapnap snickering at his phone, a cup of coffee beside him.

"Mornin'," Dream greeted, earning an amused "Hey" from Sapnap. Deciding coffee would be a nice drink despite being caffeine intolerant, he grabbed a mug from one of his cabinets and made himself his own cup, taking the appropriate medicine to fight the negative effects of his drink, and reaching down to rub Patches when she entered the room and rubbed on his leg.

"Are we still going to skate today?" Sapnap asked while pocketing his phone after Dream stood back up to his full height. Dream suddenly remembered one of the three's conversations the night before, one of them being what the plan for tomorrow was. Skating had been the champion decision.

"Yeah, unless you've changed your mind," Dream replied. Sapnap shook his head, and Dream took a sip of coffee before he set the mug down and stretched his arms over his head.

"You want me to cook us some breakfast," Sapnap began, his voice phrased as a question before it dropped into a teasing tone, "or does that violate some sort of unspoken rule here?"

"Haha," Dream deadpanned sarcastically, and opened the fridge, "that is very hilarious."

"But you didn't say I was wrong." Dream ignored Sapnap's tease and pulled a box of toaster waffles from the freezer.

"Oooooo, yes please!" Sapnap commented quietly, making Dream wheeze slightly, and he plugged his toaster into one of the kitchen's outlets. As he put the first two waffles in the toaster, Sapnap spoke up again. "So, how'd you two lovebirds sleep?"

"We're not lovebirds, Sap," Dream said playfully, although Sapnap noted a yearnful undertone to his comment. He almost sighed out of annoyance.

"I don't know why you're so convinced he doesn't like you back," Sapnap said instead, genuinely wondering. He watched his friend hesitate, back turned to him and towards the toaster.

"Because he doesn't?" was Dream's confused reply, and if Sapnap were in a sitcom he would've broken the fourth wall by staring at the camera with a done expression. But since he wasn't, he didn't, but he did rub his hand across his face and huff.

Before he could continue, the toaster went off and popped the waffles up, now deliciously at the perfect temperature. Dream grabbed a paper plate and quickly picked the waffles up and placed them on the plate, shaking his hand afterwards to relieve the slight burning in his fingertips. He slid the plate to Sapnap and put two more in the toaster. He made his way to the fridge.

"Syrup and honey are on the counter, forks are in the drawer," he said, and grabbed the jug of apple juice from the fridge, placing it on the island, before fetching a red plastic cup and placing it on the island beside the juice. "Butter's in the fridge if you want to add some on there too."

"M'kay," Sapnap replied, and got up, grabbing the syrup and a fork and sitting down with them. "What are you doing? You already have a cup of coffee."

"This is for George," Dream casually said as he poured a glass of apple juice. The toaster went off again, and Dream plated another two waffles, before putting a final pair in and putting the box back in the freezer. Sapnap had another urge to find a camera and give it an 'Are you kidding me?' look.

--------------------

"Hey, George, wake up," George woke up to Dream saying, Dream's hand shaking his shoulder gently. "Breakfast is in the kitchen." George cracked an eye open to see Dream standing above him with a smile, a brownish-gray plastic cup in his hand. The cup was inched towards him. "Here, I got you some apple juice."

A feeling of warmth spread throughout George's body, and he smiled, sitting up. He stretched his arms out in front of him and Dream gave him the cup, smile not leaving his face.

"Good morning," George greeted, and took a sip of his drink, his smile growing into a dopey grin when he confirmed that yep, it's apple juice. "What's for breakfast?"

"Toaster waffles," Dream answered, his smile growing slightly lopsided. "I think you need to hurry up, though, or Sapnap might steal yours."

"I heard that!" Sapnap yelled from the kitchen, making the two in the other room laugh. George stood up with his drink and George followed Dream into the kitchen. Luckily, Sapnap hadn't stolen his waffles.

"We have syrup, honey, and butter," Dream continued to speak to George, "and forks are in the drawer closest to the sink."

George walked over and grabbed the honey from the counter and sat in on one of the stools, sliding his plate closer to him while placing his cup on the table.

"We're still up for skating, right?" he asked as he poured a generous amount of honey on his waffles, ignoring the fake gag Sapnap sent his way.

"Yep!" Dream said excitedly, and he made his own plate of waffles, choosing to add a little butter but refraining from adding syrup or honey. "And if we get bored, there's a bowling alley not too far down the road."

George winced. "I remember when I was younger and my cousin almost dropped a bowling ball on my foot."

"Wow, can't believe they missed," Sapnap teased, and was threatened by two forks being aimed towards him like knives. "Okay, okay, I'll chill."

Dream snorted.

"But no promises."

George groaned. 

--------------------

"Last night when I asked if you skate I meant if you've skated recently, not when you were like, four or something."

"Sapnap I swear to god-" George began to whine after he fell on his ass for the third time since they got onto the rink, which was around ten minutes ago. He was cut off when Sapnap held out his hand to help George, and he took it, getting up with ease. Sapnap laughed at George's expression and shoved him forward, causing Sapnap and move back and George to shoot forward and almost into Dream, who had stopped in front of them when George fell. That made the three of them laugh, and they continued skating.

Sapnap didn't really expect Dream to be too good at skating, but was surprised to find the taller man could literally skate circles around him and George. Turns out local Florida man was also a local at the rink, to the point he could casually catch up chatting to employees while putting his skates on.

Sapnap also knew George wasn't falling because he was bad at skating. If you spent all your time watching someone skate and not where you're going, you're going to fall. And George had his eyes glued to Dream, who practically glowed under the blacklight with his white t-shirt. He kept staring in the car again, too.

If only Dream noticed. 

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Dream round the curve of the rink, doing a neat trick and skating backwards by him and George, and as he passed George Sapnap caught Dream giving him a wink.

Not even ten seconds later Sapnap was helping George up again.

"Jesus Christ, George, would you stop ogling him for five minutes and watch where you're going?" Sapnap asked when George was standing again.

"What?! I'm not staring!" he lied, and Sapnap saw his face deepen with color despite the room being dark.

"Do you think I'm blind?"

George opened his mouth to say something, but then shut his mouth when the words Sapnap said registered.

"Oh, is it that obvious?" he asked nervously.

"It wasn't when we are in calls but man, you keep looking at him like he's the love of your life and I'm surprised he hasn't caught you staring yet."

"Oh... Wait, you're not mad or anything?"

"Huh?"

"Uh-"

"Hell no I'm not mad, you two are literally perfect together, holy shit." George's face grew darker with a furious blush.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Sapnap honestly answered, and looked around to see where Dream was. He was surprised to find him not skating around, but cornered to the wall by a young woman, and Dream was looking really uncomfortable and glancing for escape routes. When their gazes collided Sapnap could see the cry for help in his eyes from across the building.

"George, c'mon," Sapnap said, and grabbed George's wrist. They skated over and stopped roughly five feet from Dream to assess the situation.

"It's so hard to believe a man like yourself doesn't have a girl," the woman sweet-talked. Dream gave them a pleading glance, and Sapnap could see the angered undertone. (A/N: Stop calling the woman in this chapter names. It's uncalled for.)

"I'm sorry, but I've already told you, I'm not interested."

Oh. Poor Dream.

"George, you do something," Sapnap whispered.

"Why me?!" George whispered back.

"I don't know, you're smarter than me!" Sapnap reasoned, and put a hand on his back, giving him a hard shove forward.

George was able to stop himself from barreling into Dream, the second close call that day, and suddenly, a very stupid plan was formed in his mind.

George let himself slide in next to Dream and he snaked his around his waist, pulling them together until their sides were plastered together. A large smile was forced on George's face as he looked between the surprised woman and an equally surprised Dream.

"Hey babe , who's this?" George asked to Dream, eyes shifting to stare at the woman on the word 'this'. "Is she a friend of yours?"

Neither Sapnap or Dream could've predicted that. Sapnap's eyes went wide, slapping a hand over his mouth to prevent a laugh from escaping, and Dream looked like he got shot, his face growing red.

The woman, looking mortified and embarrassed, quietly stepped back and skated away, and left Dream and George where they were.

George removed his arm from around Dream and turned to Sapnap as he rolled up, glancing over to Dream and watching him fail to recompose himself, looking like the definition of gay panic. Jesus christ Dream was gone. George might've fallen physically at the roller rink, but Dream looked like he just fell in love right then and there.

"I guess I scared her off, huh?" George asked Sapnap, who nodded with a laugh.

"She looked so embarrassed!" Speaking of embarrassed, Sapnap glanced at Dream again, who looked to finally be calming down. "I think for the rest of our time here though, you two will need to hold hands."

"Huh?" George and Dream both replied, and George turned to give a quick glance at Dream, giving him a small smile when their eyes met that caused Dream to go into a second round of gay panic when George looked away. Sapnap had trouble hiding a shit-eating grin.

"You two have to sell it, or she might find out you lied and try again," Sapnap said.

"Oh, makes sense," Dream replied, and Sapnap mentally gave him a gold medal for being able to speak. The poor man looked too flustered to even think.

"Well, okay then," George said, and next thing Sapnap knew George had grabbed Dream's hand and was skating with him around the rink.

Sapnap mentally thanked the woman for helping him, although her tactics weren't that appreciated.

--------------------

He was going to die, he was going to combust into flames and die. The thousands of butterflies in his stomach and the strange feeling that spread from his chest and into the butterflies were going to catch him on fire, and he was going to die.

Dream could barely think as George led him around the rink, George's right hand gripping his left. All he could feel was George's hand, the strange feelings in his chest and stomach, and the friction of his skates against the laminated floor.

"You're quiet, you alright?" George asked, and he met his gaze.

Dream didn't realize he was staring.

"Yeah," he desperately searched for an excuse. "I'm just still a little bothered about that lady."

"Yeah, I hate when people do that," George replied, taking the bait, "It's so rude!" George made an exasperated face, and Dream laughed at it, which helped him relax. They continued to skate, holding hands, and talked about random topics, ranging from future video ideas to the perfect place to visit on a vacation.

At some point, Dream let go of George's hand to stretch his arms over his head, and George watched the bottom of Dream's shirt ride up and expose the bottom of his torso.

Sapnap then got to watch the wonderful sight of George skating face-first into the wall and falling for the fifth time that day.

Dream started cackling, slowing to a stop beside George. "Watch where you're going you idiot!" he yelled, and his laughter intensified, evolving into a set of wheezes that sounded fatal.

Sapnap watched Dream lower himself to the ground and roll onto this back, growing hysterical from laughter. Chuckling at the infectious laughter, he looked up to George, who was sitting and staring at Dream with the very same expression Dream wore earlier.

Oh?

Looks like George fell again, head over heels this time. Sapnap only rolled his eyes with a fond smile, and gave them another minute before checking his watch and skating over to them to announce the time was currently half past four in the evening, and that they should get going if they wanted to catch dinner and go bowling.

They left the roller rink with smiles, and as Sapnap got into the car and pulled out his phone to text Bad about the shit he'd seen today he knew that for the entire car ride George was going to be staring at Dream.

He was right, of course.

--------------------

Compared to the roller rink, the bowling alley was anti-climatic. Sure, they enjoyed some great sushi at the local restaurant, and then enjoyed a surprisingly competitive game of bowling, but in terms of soul-tingling, breathtaking moments, there was only one. And Sapnap had the joy of watching and recording it.

Dream, despite being competitive, was very encouraging towards George getting a strike, sharing the rise of fall of joys when the ball looked good but then missed by a pin, and sharing a wince each time the ball barrelled into the gutters.

So when, during the last play of the game, George earning a strike, they both became ecstatic. Dream went so far as to run up to George and plow George into a large hug, lifting him a couple of inches off the ground and causing George to hold on to him harder, making them both laugh harder. When Dream calmed down enough to left George touch the floor, and their laughs gently subsided, they remained embracing, staring into each other's eyes with smiles brimming with pure admiration. At that point, Sapnap had flipped the phone's recording over to capture his flabbergasted expression and stopped the recording, because he genuinely thought they were about to kiss.

Then didn't, however, because they were startled from their own little world and back into reality by the loud knock of George's bowling ball returning to the rack and knocking against the other bowling balls. Their embrace swiftly ended, and they walked over to the score panel to view the final scores.

Sapnap obviously won. He was the only one out of the three who wasn't spending every other moment staring at the other with a face full of yearning, a physical definition of pining.

Seriously, how were they that dense!?

--------------------

When they returned to the apartment, it was nearing eight in the evening. Deciding watching movies for the third time would be boring, they decided to play Minecraft in Dream's room, George and Sapnap using the laptops they brought with them.

A sense of comfort surrounded as they played, falling into their usual rounds of bickering, pranks, and jokes, and didn't stop until they were yawning every forty-five seconds and the clock beside Dream's bed read a quarter until midnight.

Turning off their devices, Sapnap bid his friend goodnight and left the room, cracking the door open. Calling farewells after him, Dream and George sleepily tumbled in bed and Dream gladly curled up against George, wrapping his arm around him and holding him close, George accepting the contact with a smile and a half-asleep "Goodnight, Dream", mutually deciding they would deal with the powerful feelings in their chest that were blooming later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 198 18
Dream has never really been interested in girls, he never thought much into it. He had been told that when he met the one he would know, but as he fl...
8.8K 250 20
George had finally escaped his abusive mother's grasp and was now living alone in Denver, Colorado. He had no real friends, more so acquaintances fro...
478K 11.7K 14
"You see the good in everything, George. That's why I like it when you look at me." From a young age, Dream has come to realize that love is complic...
16.9K 363 34
Trigger Warnings || Smoking, Homophobia, Alcohol, Smut, Cutting mention || George attends a new high school because his parents say its more 'better'...