Nobody's Going To Love You Li...

By KarlaColon466

I did it, I fell inlove with a Cholo. In my defense, Oscar wasn't your typical gangmember, slanging dope in t... More

A message from the writer
Who's that?
Lunch Date
Club B
I'm a Gentleman
Pure Seduction
You'll be mine
Can you stay?
Christmas Party
Christmas Party (continued)
Do your job
Homicidal Maniacs do
No More Personal Business
Betrayal
Fuck It
Confession
Nora's Birthday
Seeking the truth
Do you believe in Ghosts?
Let me go
I can't wait to shoot you
Dodging bullets
We'll Find her
Redemption
He needs a Lawyer
I understand my rights
Funeral
Glimpses of a trial
The Verdict
Sentencing

Plea Deal

320 13 2
By KarlaColon466

(9 months later)

Thursday
January 16

Oscar's POV

I sit across the table from the Prosecutor, Reginald is to my left. He said they want to offer me a plea deal. "Plea deals are good, it means they don't want you to go to trial," he says. I'm not naive though, I know I'm going to do time. I just want a release date.

The prosecutor, Dennis Mccleary, drops a folder on the table and begins to shuffle through pictures. A blood puddle in the carpet. Bullet casings with yellow triangles next to them. 30? damn that many bullets huh? That's not all of them either.

He shuffles through some pictures of the body guards. Stops at Cuchillos, pressing his fingers on it. "She alone will get you life" he says tapping on the picture with every word. My eyes dart up at him. I lean back, raising my eyebrow pressing my lips together. Reginald places a hand on my bicep, looks at Mr. Mccleary and says, "the bullet trajectory will prove my client didn't murder her, so unless you have something more viable. We shall see you in court good sir". His British accent kills me. I couldn't help but chuckle.

Mr. Mccleary was offended. "You think this is funny?!" he yells. He shuffles through the pile pulling out the pictures of Bernice laying on a metal table. Her face is pale and bruised up. I closed my eyes remembering her final words, "D-Dont Leave M-me" she gargled. I grabbed the picture and stared at her.

"30 years that's the deal" Mccleary says. I look up at him. Reginald Scoffs. "30 years, is this a joke to you mate?" he says. "We'll take our chances with the Jury" he pushes his chair back. Mccleary tosses a picture of Parker to me, "we're dropping the other Manslaughter charges and sticking to one". "Damn, he might actually bam me for this one" I think as I swallow the lump in my throat.

"It was self defense and the Jury will agree" Reginald says sternly. "Self-defe- He has a tear drop tattoo!" Mccleary says pointing at me, "c'mon Reginald, 30 years is a sweet deal compared to life." "He's 22, after 30 he'd be 52!" Reginald argues. "But he comes home" Mccleary points out. "The deal is on the table for 3 days" he says getting up and walking out.

Reginald looks at me, "30 years is too much Oscar" he says. "But I come home right?" I rebut. "There's a possibility, yes. But there's a chance you might not have to do time." He points out. "I'm not a kid Reginald. What's worst case scenario? Am I looking at life? Am I going to die in here? Or is my worst possibility 25? Do I get parole? Can we appeal?" I'm facing him now, the cuffs around my wrist don't let me emphasize my words freely.

I point at Parker's picture, "if the Jury doesn't buy the self defense argument, I go down for him. I will never see Cesar unless it's in blues!" I rub my forehead. Reginald taps the table, "this is what I do for a living mate. I can win this. Worst you'll get is 25, no judge will lock you away for life based on the circumstances even with 3 strikes. If you trust me don't take this plea. If you want to come home at 52, then we sign right now." I sigh. Stare blankly at the door. "Take a day to think about it and let me know" he says sincerely.

9:59pm (same day)

at the jail

I hang up the phone with Cesar and walk to my cell for count time. My bunkie, Tyler, was already laying down on the top bunk, his arm behind his head, reading a book. He rests the book on he's tatted stomach and looks at me. "You spoke to your little brother Spooky?" he asks. I nod my head walking towards the bottom bunk.

I squat down and rummage through my locker and pull out a Snickers bar. I grab a bag of gummies, "you want one?" I ask Tyler. He smiles big, "yeah" "He's still a kid" I think to myself as I toss him the snack size bag of gummies. Tyler sits on the bunk, his legs dangle off the side. "Ey what I told you about that? I don't want your crusty feet dangling over my bed" I reprimand.

Tyler sits indian style on his bed, raises his hands in the air. "I'm sorry Spooky, I forget, I'm just getting use to all of this" he says nervously rubbing his head. "You talked to your ruka?" I asked leaning against the wall. "Babymomma" he says dryly. "She's talking mad crazy that she can't do 10 years and raise a kid visiting this environment. That it stresses her. She wasn't stressin' when I was giving her money from the drugs I sold to get me here though" his long lanky arms waved around everywhere. "But you know what as long as she brings me my jit, she can fuck whoeva" he says defeated.

"What'd your brother say about the Plea?" he asks opening the bag of gummies. "Said if I'm was gonna pay Reginald to doubt him I could've gone with a public defender for free" I chuckle shaking my head.

"Look Spooky, I respect you alot. When I came in here, you're the only one that didn't treat me like a punk ass white boy. Trying to put down on me. I know I'm still a jit in your mind, but don't take the plea" he says in a serious tone. "Life's a gamble man. you lock in 30 years and you still might not come home. My old man died a month from his release and he did 19" he choked up a bit, "if your lawyer says you might go home earlier take a gamble, worst that can happen is you're locked in here, but that was always a possibility and he's saying you'll get 5 years less than what they offered. and with the 85 percent its like doing 23 really" he says stuffing his mouth full of gummies.

I nod my head and lay down on my bunk. I look up at the pictures of the cholas I taped using some old stamps to the top of the bunk. "At 52 what life am I going to come home to?" I think to myself. I place both arms behind my head, close my eyes and fall asleep.

Friday
January 17

Oscar's POV

I sit on my bunk, rest my elbows on my legs, reading a letter. I look at the picture attached.

It's one of the cholas, Paulina, in a white tank top with no bra, bent over, leaning against a Lowrider. I flip it over, "when you need to release stress Spooky" I smirk. I place them back in the envelope and set it on top of my bed. I rub my head and face then get up and head to the day room.

I walk over to the cards table, I dap up a few of the Santos, put my foot on one of the chairs, and listen to the conversation. "Nah fool that hyna's chichis are too small, Marisol, the paletero's daughter, now she has some chichis on her" Reinaldo says. "Man Marisol ain't got nothing on Paulina, right Spooky?" Hector says nodding to me. I smile showing some teeth. "Orale, I saw that fine ass hyna wrote you homes" Reinaldo says. "Símon what she saying vato?" Eduardo asks. "Same shit all the other hynas write" I say vaguely. "Ahhh that's cus Spooky got a fan club out there!" Hector says. "Especially after knocking off la jefa" Reinaldo adds.

Mateo walks up behind Reinaldo and smacks him in the head, "shut up fool! don't you know it's still an open investigation" he says standing next to me. Reinaldo rubs his head and picks up a card.

Mateo puts an arm on my shoulder and leans in close, "word is Ms. Evans is shaking" he whispers. I nod, "secure the route, let me know when it's done and I'll hit up the homies" I ordered, looking forward avoiding eye contact.

"Diaz!" one of the Correctional Officers yells. I look back at him. "Video visit let's go" He says sternly. I nod. I dap up the Santos, "seguralo compa" I remind Mateo and walk away. I follow the C.O. waiting for the doors to roll open. "She's beautiful" Officer Perez says. "She? I thought it was Cesar." I think to myself.

We go through the doors. "Number 10" he nods to the chair and computer screen infront. "Video visits, a bunch of bullshit, like that glass window wasn't good enough" I think taking my seat, grabbing the phone to my ear. The blank screen goes from white to color. I suddenly see her. V.

I'm speechless, her smile agrees with my thought. "Hey" she says softly. Her voice, calm and low. I've missed her voice whispering in my ear. I stare at her, her hair is longer. No make-up, she has a natural glow to her. "Oscar?" she says again, tapping on the screen raising the volume. "What are you doing here?" I manage to grumble. "Dumbass, why would you say that" I think to myself.

She frowns. "No don't frown. Fuck I wish I can raise her head. Say something you idiot!" I argue with myself. "I um," she begins, her eyes are glossy. "Just wanted to see for myself that you're ok" "V" I whisper. She scratches near her tear ducts. "Good job Oscar, you manage to make her cry" I scold myself.

"You haven't spoken to me in months even though you call your brother everyday" she continues. "I guess I should take a hint, um, I just wanted to say I'm glad they dropped the manslaughter charges" she says holding back tears. "I'm sorry I took Cesar's visit" she continues as a tear falls from her eye. "I much rather see you" I say smoothly. She laughs nervously. She blinks and a couple of tears fall as she wipes them. "No llores bebe" I comfort. She sniffles, wiping away more tears.

"You look beautiful, your hair is long" I compliment. She smiles. "I love that smile" I think. "Yeah, figured it'll keep me warm during the winter" she replies holding a handful to the screen showing the length. "She's single" I smile to myself relieved. "You can smile, I was beginning to think that your facial muscles couldn't" she teased. I chuckled, "How's Nora?" I asked scooting the chair forward so I can lean back.

20 minutes later.

I look at the timer on the upper right corner of the screen. "We got 5 minutes left" I think getting sad. "Oscar?" The way she says my name gives me goosebumps. I look at her. "You love me?". The question pierces through my heart. Do I lie? I can't hurt her again. But I'm facing 25 to life, I can't do that to her either, she deserves to be happy, build a family. I rub my head, taking a deep breath, furrowing my brows. "No" I say sternly.

She laughs. Laughs. "What's so funny?" I ask annoyed. "You should learn to lie better baby" she smiles cockily. I wipe my face with my hand. "V." "Stop" she demands, "you made the decision last time, now it's my turn." My heart beats faster. "I love you Oscar, I never stopped. I know you love me too. So we're gonna stop with the bullshit and be together," she says bluntly. I smile. "Yeah? You gonna ride with me then ruka?" I asked hopeful.

"No" she says dryly, "I'ma make sure you come home." I laugh. I look at the timer, "one minute" I think. I squint my eyes looking at her, "Why?" I asked, tightness in my chest. "Because baby, nobody is gonna love you like I do" she responds smiling. She leans in to the camera blows me a kiss. I smirk blowing a kiss back touching the screen as it goes white.

"Damn" I say to myself smiling. Officer Perez stands next to me waiting for the doors to roll back, "so I guess that means you aren't taking the plea deal huh?" he smiles cockily. "You guessed right sarge" I said grinning looking down.

***End of Chapter***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67K 1.2K 36
I don't own any of the characters beside Jade and maya and others I decided to add. Jade never thought twice about half the stuff she goes through. S...
159K 2.2K 33
[Editing] Guys please- I wrote this when I was 14 and immature. And this book is so cringey 😭😭✋🏽 READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ! -------- "I'm tired of th...
16.8K 232 4
Summary: You don't know how much longer you can keep your relationship with Oscar, you brother's best friend, under wraps... poc reader 🧚🏾‍♀️
35.6K 1.2K 32
"Ain't no way I'm fallin for Spencer Trevan James" He can keep that deep drawl, infectious smile, and those lame dance moves to himself. Yeah we sl...