Hypatia ➣ Jotaro Kujo

By bohemianict

When a young archaeologist with no recollection of her past teams up with a group of crusaders, Quinn Foreste... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen

fourteen

922 45 32
By bohemianict

The five remaining crusaders stood on the top of the manor. Each were consumed with their own thoughts. Quinn in particular, worried about the fate of her sister. There was no doubt that DIO had her in his clutches. Even worse, the monster most likely was going to use Haru as leverage. As a trap to get Quinn into his clutches to somehow reclaim his memories.

As the sun set on the horizon, the Stand users grimaced in frustration. Night was falling, and that meant DIO was rising. They had missed their chance to attack him, and now they were stuck in an extremely tough position.

"Dammit, look at the sun." Joseph cursed, standing at the edge of the roof. His hat moved slightly in Cario's breeze, along with the hat Jotaro bestowed onto Quinn. "It's almost below the horizon."

Kakyoin tilted his sunglasses as he stared off into the sky. "DIO will have the advantage in the dark." He remarked, Jotaro groaning in distaste in response. Quinn took notice to this and leaned onto his shoulder, attempting to console him despite needing comfort herself.

"Wait hold on a minute!" Polnareff said suddenly, breaking Quinn out of her depressed state. The woman turned to the man with curiosity, wondering what he had to say. Pointing an angry finger at Joseph he continued. "Come again? Please don't tell me you guys are planning to run away and hide until dawn. Listen to me Mr. Joestar, I'm finishing this. There is no way I am packing up and heading for the hills."

Quinn nodded her head, her face holding a serious expression as she turned to Joseph. "He's right." She said, feeling determination pulse through her once more due to Polnareff's words. "We can't sit here and wait. We need to go and finish this tonight."

Glancing and the white haired man and the violet eyed teenager, Joseph let out a growl of frustration. "I want to get this over with as much as you two do. But the tide of battle has turned! While not up close, we faced his Stand The World and we still have no idea what powers it withholds. We're fighting blind here." Quinn shook her head, for once disagreeing with the man. "Think of it this way, it's like mountain climbing without a route. If we try to fight DIO right now, we'll all die! That fact is as inevitable as burping after knocking back a couple of colas!" Polnareff let out a grunt of anger as Joseph continued. "DIO would be a fool to not try to kill us! But, he can't do that until sunrise. In the meantime, we have to discover his Stand's power and find a way to put him down. If we can just hold out until the-"

"No way!" Polnareff yelled furiously at Joseph. "I'm not going back on my word! Avdol and Iggy died because of my weakness. I have to kill DIO and I will go to hell and back to do it. But, what I won't do is run away from my obligation!"

"I feel the same way as he does, Mr. Joestar." Quinn said, looking him directly in the eyes. "I have someone I need to save too. I get that you're scared that with one wrong move it will be over... but my sister Haru is right in DIO's clutches as we speak. If it comes down to it, I will do whatever it takes to fulfill my destiny of saving her. So please, we cannot walk backwards! We came here to defeat DIO and that's that. I refuse to be controlled by fear and the past any longer!"

Polnareff then ran away, which is what Quinn expected. He needed to avenge the fallen, he refused to rest without doing so. The young woman then looked at Joseph, her violet eyes no longer bloodshot. Her orbs only held exhaustion, but a flame fueled by desire as well.

"Come back Polnareff!" Joseph yelled in desperation, his forehead creasing from the extended stress he felt. "God, you damn kids."

Jotaro placed a hand on his grandfather's shoulder. "Forget it. He isn't coming back." His voice laced with slight exhaustion. Turning to Quinn as she held a stone cold expression, he gave her a deep look. His aqua marine eyes bore into her's once more, giving a silent message. Please, don't leave too.

"So Quinn, Jotaro. What do you recon we do now?" Kakyoin questioned as the teen's broke their stares. The young woman just responded with a long huff of exasperation. "I already said all that I planned. But, someone thinks running away is the solution."

Joseph let out a huff of frustration, watching the young woman get increasingly fed up with his cowardliness. Jotaro shook his head, giving Quinn an assuring look as he waked to the edge of the building. Strands of his black hair flew gently in the breeze, his cerulean eyes overlooking the city as night fell upon it. "Well," He started, a strategy forming in his mind. "Polnareff went down there to fight DIO. As we retreat we will also be fighting him. Which means, we'll be attacking from both sides at once."

Kakyoin, Quinn, and Mr. Joestar's eyes widened in realization. What Jotaro said was true. If the team perused the vampire from both sides, he'd be vulnerable. It was their chance.

"That's perfect!" Quinn exclaimed, a glint of happiness shining in her purple eyes. An idea struck her mind. Her Stand had an ability nobody else's had. She could manipulate wind, meaning, she could maneuver through the air. Finally, the plan to save her sister felt reachable. "How do you guys feel about an aerial attack?"

-------

"Do you really think this will work?" Polnareff questioned, watching as Quinn adjusted her stance. She sat on a motorcycle identical to the one Jotaro and the French man planned on using. The plan she had in mind seemed extremely questionable.

Jotaro had attempted to talk the young woman out of it, stressing how unlikely it was for success. He tried various times to get the danger through to the young woman, but she refused to listen to a word he said. Her mind was made up.

"It has to." Quinn responded as she watched Polnareff attempt to hijack their motorcycle, not having much luck with it. "These motorcycles have a break horsepower of eighty-two, the fastest of the decade. If I can create enough motion, the wind blowing against me will be enough to propel me to where DIO could be. All I need is for you two to find him. I'm telling you, he wont expect me to come flying from the sky to come swoop my sister up."

"You're leaving the part out where you fly through the damn air on that thing." Jotaro said, rolling his eyes at the woman's attempts to make her stunt seem less dangerous. Quinn let out a small wince from the frustrated tone of his voice. "It's a crazy idea. You're going to get killed."

Silence fell over the trio, Quinn still sitting on the seat of the second motorcycle. Polnareff still was desperately trying to rewire the vehicle to get the engine running.

"That's exactly why we're gonna go through with it." Jotaro said, a small smirk crossing his face. The quietness was split into two as Quinn shot up with a smile, beaming at her two companions as she revved the engine of her bike. "Even though neither of us know how to ride these damn things."

Polnareff groaned, stepping back from the cherry colored motorcycle. His arms flew up in complete exasperation as he once again failed to get the engine running. "I don't get it! Guys in the movies do this all of the time to hijack. We can't get this started if the bike wont even run..."

Suddenly, Jotaro swiftly kicked his leg to the bike. As his foot came into contact with the hard metal, the engine roared to life. Polnareff and Quinn were flabbergasted, being reminded of how bad ass their teammate could be at times.

"Okay it's running, hurry up and get on, Polnareff." He boredly remarked, swinging his legs onto the seat of the bike. Still being aghast from the coolness of his actions, the French man hesitated before hastily sitting behind the delinquent.

About to take off, Quinn gasped as she remembered something. Jotaro furrowed his brows in confusion as the young woman slid off of her bike and ran over to him. Swiftly taking his school hat off of her head, the teen with the violet eyes gave Jotaro a cheeky smile. "You're gonna need this. You aren't the same without the hat, you know?"

"Yare yare..." Jotaro said, taking his black hat from Quinn's calloused hands. "Let's beat this bastard, in style."

-------

Quinn felt the wind whip against her skin. Her hair was flying behind her, spiraling behind her as if it were a cape. To her left, Jotaro and Polnareff were riding as well, searching for any sign of DIO so the young woman could get to work.

"Hey, Jotaro, Quinn, take a look at that!" Polnareff yelled over the humming of the loud engine. The young woman let out a small grunt of interest as she followed the duo while the French man directed them towards the strange occurence.

The sight gave the woman dejavu. A crashed truck sat right before the trio, reminding them of their encounter with Hol Horse. Polnareff's voice was laced with shock. "That truck is completely totaled!"

Letting the kickstand of the motorbike rest on the concrete, Quinn slid off of the leather seat. Walking to the rubble, the girl winced as she stuck her head into the door which seemed to be blown off.

"Look," She said, emerging from the car holding a strand of long black hair between her fingertips. "It's Haru's hair, they were definitely here."

"Wait, up there!" Jotaro exclaimed, pointing to a building top as Quinn hopped back onto her bike, glancing down at the strand of hair with a grim expression. "I can sense the Old Man and DIO running across the rooftops. Quinn, they're already in the air."

Letting out a determined grunt, Quinn nodded. Revving her engine once more, she turned to the two men. Her hair gracefully flowed in the wind as her eyes were now completely indulged with determination. The flame raging inside her was now indistinguishable. "I'll meet you two at that clock tower." She said, pointing at the tall building a few blocks away from them. "I can sense my sister as well, she must be with DIO."

"Wait." Jotaro said, stopping Quinn from taking off into the skies of Cario. Clenching his fists harder onto the bars of the motorcycle, he gritted his teeth. "Come back alive, please."

The young woman's eyes softened, watching the delinquent's eyes writhe in worry as his body stayed cold. "Of course, you two stay safe as well." Turning to the empty streets, the woman let out a shaky breath of air. "I love you, Jojo."

With that the woman took off, her motorcycle beginning to accelerate at max speed. The wind began blowing against her, whipping her lightly tanned skin as she flew through the streets. She could only hope this would work.

She faintly heard Jotaro call out from behind her, but she ignored it. She had to keep going. Even if she had wanted to stop, she couldn't. Now that she was going full force with the motorcycle, she would not be able to stop without losing the violent winds which would soon be her allies.

The ground then rumbled, causing Quinn to jolt her bike to the opposite side of the road. Whipping her head to the source of the commotion, she saw streams of emerald blazing in the sky. It was then confirmed that DIO was right there, and so was her sister. The aura she felt was undeniable, it was Haru Shiobana.

"Alright." She nervously whispered to herself, a bulldozer driving towards her at max speed. Revving the engine ever harder, the woman kept rushing towards the other vehicle, not caring that she could easily get into an extremely serious accident. "Don't let me down you red hunk of junk!"

Finally getting centimetres away from the bulldozer, the woman gritted her pearly teeth in determination. A vein popped out of her neck as she let out a raging battle cry, her bike roughly flying up the ramp of the excavation machine. The air around the teen settled as she summoned Hypatia, who regulated the rough winds around the motorcycle into a calm propeller of sorts.

"I did it!" The young woman cried with glee, feeling the vibrations of the motorcycle's engine continue shaking her form. Narrowly glaring at the clock tower, she saw Kakyoin carefully shooting Emerald Splashes towards DIO. Yet, the young woman was horrified to see her sister in the vampire's clutches.

Quinn struggled to hold back the scream desperately wanting to escape her throat. Seeing Haru limp in DIO's stolen arms was sickening. She needed to get her out of there, and she needed to do so quickly.

Watching Emerald Splashes encircle DIO and Haru, Quinn quickly made her way to the back of the clock tower. Ditching the bike, the woman manipulated the air currents to lift her to a stone ledge facing away from the fight.

"Okay, it seems that Kakyoin's Emerald Splash will knock DIO off course. That'd give me an opening to grab Haru once he is stunned." Peeking her head from the corner, she watched as the final rounds of emerald wrapped around the vampire in a web-like shape. "It seems that it finally ends here."

Suddenly, Kakyoin was thrown back. Quinn paled as she watched red blood gush from his stomach, a giant hole shot directly through his body.

"N-Noriaki!" Quinn screamed, revealing her presence to DIO and Mr. Joestar. The young woman's violet eyes violently poured with tears as she helplessly watched her friend's body plunge into a water tower, his body completely still. Strands of emerald gracefully fell from the sky, signifying her dear friend has finally met his end. "H-how? No!"

Mr. Joestar gritted his teeth in indescribable anger, turning to DIO as he suddenly appeared behind him. Quinn could hear him faintly having a dangerous conversation with the evil vampire as Haru dangled unconsciously from his arm. Yet, Quinn couldn't take her eyes off of Kakyoin, who began to meet his final moments before he passed.

"What- What is he doing..?" Quinn whispered as her dying companion summoned Hierophant Green for the very last time. Blood gushed violently from his mouth as he sent an emerald splash right next to the young woman, causing her to duck away from the impact. Her jaw was dropped once she saw where he shot. The clock.

Shaking her head, the woman pivoted towards DIO and Joseph, who were about to fight. Most likely, to the death. But, both were occupied with surprise as they looked at the broken clock tower. It was only for a split second, but Kakyoin had created an opening for his friend. An opening for her to save her sister, the idea which motivated her through half of their journey.

Kicking off from the clock tower, the young woman felt her platinum hair fly in the wind as she struck from the sky like a comet. She was coming straight for DIO, who most likely had no idea the young woman was coming.

Thrashing her body into her sister's, Quinn caused DIO and Joseph to jump back in surprise as she plowed in between the duo. Locking her violet eyes with Mr. Joestar's she gripped her calloused hands onto Haru's soft skin and pulled her free from the evil vampire's vicinity, feeling a rush of warmth rush through her from the feeling alone.

Sparing once last glance to Kakyoin's dying body, the woman felt herself plunging into an alleyway. "Hypatia!" She called, her voice shaking with sobs. "Current flip!" The wind then softly placed the two sisters onto the ground.

Quickly letting go of her sister, Quinn placed her calloused hands gently behind her head. Lightly grasping Haru's black hair, the young woman felt rivers of tears fall from her eyes. She hadn't felt pain like this in a while. She should have been happy, finally rescuing her family. Finally reaching the goal she desperately reached for. But, it felt so hollow, so pointless.

"H-Haru?" She desperately whispered, her voice groggy with sadness as her black lashes were coated in tears. Watching her sister's chest lift up and down, she sighed in slight relief. Happy to know she was still alive, just unconscious. Still, she could never rid the image of Kakyoin's dying body from her mind.

Closing her eyes, Quinn swallowed a large breath. She was not about to wallow in self pity forever. She still had to save Holly Kujo, and aid Polnareff, Joseph and Jotaro in their battle. If anything, Mr. Joestar would have thought she died from the fall he witnessed her take. Yet, she was still standing.

"Quinn?" A silky voice questioned from the young woman's arms. Jolting from her position, Quinn widened her eyes as she heard Haru's voice. It was weak and confused, but it was not like Quinn's hadn't sounded the same at the moment. "Where are we? And, where is Lord DIO?"

Shaking her head as tears of sadness and relief rolled down her face, Quinn released Haru from her protective embrace. "DIO is... busy." She whispered, her heart being ripped into two as she watched her sister still be wrapped in the evil charisma of the vampire.

"Oh, well then I don't want to be with you." Haru replied, getting up from the ground as Quinn was left sitting on the cold concrete in pain. Beginning to walk away from her adoptive sister, Haru fluffed her hair. "I'll see you when the money gets split I guess, I'm going to see if Cario has any good bars."

"Wait." Quinn said, barely above a whisper. Haru turned around to see Quinn stretching her hand out to her sister. "I said that I'd help you forget about me. In the manor, I-I think that would be best. If you forgot about... all of this."

"Hm? You mean I would get father's will to myself and live happily with Lord DIO?" Haru questioned, walking back over to her sister. She completely ignored the fact that Quinn was wallowing in mental pain. But, the broken teen still managed to give a nod.

"Yes, you'll never have to worry about me again. I'll be gone completely. You'll never have to hear Quinnzelle Shiobana's voice again, never see her face. You'll be rid of her completely." Quinn reassured, walking towards her sister. Meeting Haru halfway across the alleyway, she sighed.

"Alright then, get on with it." Haru demanded, Quinn staring into her green eyes. The young woman attempted to get a clear look of her sister one last time, knowing that after this there would be no going back.

Inhaling through her nose to suppress a large sob, Quinn placed her hands onto Haru's shoulder. Her violet eyes were swimming with emotion, regret and sadness swirling through her irises. In comparison, her sisters were brooding with annoyance and a lack forgiveness. Then, Quinn Forester finally knew, Quinnzelle Shiobana's sister didn't love her anymore.

"I love you, Haru." Quinn whispered, a sad smile crossing her face as her vision was blurred with tears. Haru gave a slight look of confusion as she felt her sister press her palm to her forehead, immediately closing her eyes at the strange sensation.

"Hypatia, Brain Current Flip." Quinn chanted, watching as her sister fell limply into her arms. She had done exactly what she had done to DIO, except, all memories of Quinnzelle Shiobana were removed from her mind. As well as the memories of DIO.

Holding the unconscious body of Haru Shiobana close to hers, she rested her tear-filled face onto her head. "I'm so sorry, Haru. My dear sister, you should have never got caught up in this."

For the next few minutes, Quinn silently wept. She cried for the loss of Quinnzelle Shiobana, Iggy, Avdol, Kakyoin and the woman she could not rebuild her life with. Instead of that, she gave the woman a new life.

Like the life Quinn was given once her past one was ended.

Author's Note

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR 1K READS!!!

Also rest in peace Kakyoin and Haru's relationship with her sister :((

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 178 11
"Are you scared of death?" "Depends, if I'm ready to die or not." - • - Almost a year has passed since DIO was defeated by Jotaro. Kakyoin miraculous...
243 10 10
No man is an island. Even the strongest people could use a companion by their side-and Jotaro Kujo, whether he liked it or not, would have to deal wi...
2 0 1
A hundred years ago, the world didn't know it was saved by Jonathan Joestar, an english man who took hiw own life to defeat his fiend, Dio, while the...
5.9K 395 35
November 1988, Tokyo, Japan. While visiting Japan, Karolina voluntarily enters a Japanese Highschool, where she meets Jotaro Kujo, a tall, black hair...