Wishes of a Teenage Fangirl

By blanket-of-moss

Katherine Barnes is a talkative 13 year old girl. She is obsessed with Marvel, The Maze Runner, Harry Potter... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
A/N
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Thanks!
A/N

Chapter 19

1.3K 58 20
By blanket-of-moss

"So you're a friend of Peter," Aunt May asks while cutting her pancakes. I stayed over night on the couch. I didn't wanna go back to the tower...yet.

I nod my head mouth full of pancakes.

"How did you two meet," she asks. At this moment usually I would say 'what is this twenty questions,' but she's so kind it's hard to say it.

"We met at..." I start.

"The market."

"The park." Peter says at the same time.

"The park."

"The market." he answers. I mentally face palm.

"At the market near Central Park." I answer smiling. She nods her head obviously not believing us.

"How old are you," Aunt May asks.

"Twenty," I answer.

"She close to your age Peter," she whispers, "And very pretty."

Man she's a loud whisperer. Peter blush a little and rubs the back of his neck.

"Ren don't we have to do that thing," he says trying to get out of this conversation before anything important is spilled.

"Oh right that thing," I answer. I push my chair out and grab my plate. "Thank you so much Aunt May for everything."

"It's alright," she says. I put my plate in the sink and head upstairs with Peter.

I check my phone.

9-missed calls and messages Jack

1- missed call Steve

3-Tony messages

1-Fury😟...

"Hey Peter," I ask.

"Yeah," he answers going through his closet.

"Would it be okay if I took a shower," I ask. He nods and chucks a sweatshirt in my direction. I grab it. "Thanks. Could you..."

"Yeah, yeah," he answers and walks out of the room.

**one weirdly quick shower and change later**

Peter and I just ended up walking around New York. Him in a hoodie and jeans. And me in his hoodie with leggings from yesterday.

"Now what," he asks looking at me.

"I don't know," I say looking at the concrete playing with the silver box in my pocket.

"Don't you think Tony and everyone is worried," he asks.

I look at him, "Sounds like your trying to get rid of me."

"No no I just-" I punch his shoulder.

"I'm just messing with you Pete, where are we going," I ask.

"We're meeting a friend of mine," he says.

I kick a stone into the street, "Who be that friend," I ask.

"Harry Osborn," he says calmly.

"I met him yesterday," I reply, "By literally running into him."

"First day with the new powers," he asks chuckling. I frown at the comment. My dad would always use that expression. I was a klutz with...well everything. So he'd say things like first day with the new hands or something like that.

"Ren I'm only kidding," he says.

"It's not that, it's just," I sigh, "My dad always said things like that." I smile a little. "You're a lot like him Peter. Kind, smart, funny..."

"Oh, thanks," he says. My phone starts ringing. I hold up one finger.

"Yolo,"I answer.

"Ren," Jack answers, "Where the hell did you go!"

"I was at Peter's house." I answer.

"Quill or Parker," he asks.

"Quill, because I randomly went up to space for a visit. Parker! Gosh...how's things at the tower?"

"Uh...could be worse."

"Uh huh well bye." I quickly ended the call. I shoved the phone into my pocket. I rub my face with both hands.

"You okay?" Peter asks.

I sigh, "I-I don't know. But I think good with all the problems I have."

"You don't seem like yourself."

"I wonder why," I mumble. We continue walking.

Why has this happened? What have I done? Other than mess with the laws of Nature and Universe...we've all done it. Maybe?

I start mumbling a song that's been stuck in my head for days now, "Are you, are you Coming to the tree?
They strung up a man
They say who murdered three. Strange things did happen here..."

"Are you singing hanging tree," Peter chuckles. I shrug.

"Maybe," I smile.

"Well well if it isn't Peter Parker," I hear a familiar voice speak. Peter quickly turns around and hugs the person.

"Harry," he says. I just stand there awkwardly. "Oh, Harry you've met Ren before right?"

"Yeah she ran into me yesterday," He holds out his hand and I shake it. "Are you two..." He points at Peter and I.

"Oh nonono," both of us answer. Harry chuckles at our reaction.

My phone starts to ring again.

"Excuse me," I say and walk away and pick up my phone.

"Yellow," I answer.

"Katherine, get you're ass back to the tower," Fury booms.

"I'm okay," I reply.

"You have a god on your trail, if you're not concerned about your life I am. You're parents trusted me with your life. And I intend-"

"My parents what?" I answered angrily.

"Didn't Riley tell you-"

"Tell me what Nick." I say through gritted teeth.

"Your parents were agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, they were on an assignment in a secret S.H.I.E.L.D base to protect a secret weapon-"

"Yep, very specific." I comment.

"Someone wanted to get ahold of the object, and in the battle of protecting it from that someone your mother absorb the power."

"So, when she had you-

"I got it passed down to me." I finish.

"When Loki killed your parents...they told him where it is, in you, in exchange to live. But he is the Norse god of mischief and lies."

"So he back stabbed them, literally," I finish.

"So the reason he wants to kill you last is so he can use you then...kill you. But your parents beforehand signed me as the godfather since they were single children and I was the most trusted friend."

I can't speak. I can't find my voice. I can't swallow this lump in my throat(A/N I can't even...sorry I had to.)

"Barnes?" Fury asks.

"I'm coming," I finally whisper. I end the call.

I walk back over to Peter and Harry.

"Hey Ren- Are you okay," Peter asks.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine," I croak. I cough to fix my voice. "It was nice seeing you Harry. Thank you Peter I have to go."

I turn around throw the box in front of me and step into the suit. The suit engulfs me.

"Good to see you Ms.Barnes," J.A.R.V.I.S's voice says. I start to fly towards the tower.

"J.A.R.V.I.S?"

"Yeah, I hacked into your suit," Tony's voice speaks through the speaker,"Are you okay kid?"

"I can we talk when I get there?" I ask.

"Sure," Tony says. He 'leaves' the suit. The rest is a nice quiet flight through New York.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 1.1K 50
Life is painful, cruel, and unforgiving. ---- "You can't! You just can't care about me! I'm a bitch! I hate people, I hate you!" His stare cut into...
557K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.3M 57.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
921K 21.2K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.