The Evil Beneath Us

נכתב על ידי DarkFortresszn

To be unpublished soon and rewritten! Featured on @DarkFantasy's, @Dangerous Love's, @Ghost's, @Ya's, @Parano... עוד

1 | An Unforeseeable Suprise
2 | A Great Disappointment
3 | A Fatal Encounter
4|The Aftermath
5| Haunted Dreams
6 | Troubled Waters
7| New Beginnings
8 | Chaos Reigns
9 | This Place Is Death
10| The Confrontation
11|A Disastrous Outcome
12 | A Brutal Massacre
14| Man On The Run
15| The Point Of No Return
16| Vengeance Is Mine
17| When Darkness Falls
18 | A Distorted Reality
19| The Great Escape
20| The Long Walk To Freedom
21| The Honourable Stranger
22 | No Place To Run
23| Man On A Mission
24| Duplicity
25 | No Way Out
26 | Redemption
27| An Unexpected Visitor
28| Till Death Do Us Part
29| Bad Weather Condtions
30| In the Line Of Fire
31 | A Friend Till The End
32 | Face - Off
33| The Reunion
34| Hell On Earth
35| The Confession
36| A Perfect World
| Achievements | Aesthetics |
Playlist

13 | All Hope Is Gone

98 22 19
נכתב על ידי DarkFortresszn

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- Agatha Christie.

Warning: Explicit content proceed with caution.

"Derek, say something!" He could hear Melissa howling at him from the top of her lungs, but Derek knew he had completely lost touch of reality at this moment. He could feel himself beginning to get light-headed - the floor beneath him starting to sway. He could see bright lights gleaming at him inside the room, of where he stood. He could hear people shouting from the distance, police in uniforms - charging in his direction, doors swinging open, but all that seemed minuscule in comparison to what he saw looking right back at him in the mirror.

That despicable woman's face, grinning, at him as if she found this whole thing amusing to her. It was as if she were rooting for his demise, of their marriage falling apart. All the pieces of the puzzle had somehow managed to finally fall into place, and Derek had started to realize that his life had now been taken over by this monster; someone that wasn't even real. But the question still remained in his mind, is why was she doing it? And when would this loathe some creature ever stop trying to sabotage his life?

"Can you see her?! Tell me you can see her?! She's there! Look at her! She's in the fucking mirror!" Derek seethed tightly clenching his fist, thinking to himself, at how badly he wanted to shatter that mirror into pieces with it.

"Derek, what are you talking about?!" Melissa choked mid-way through the tears that, she kept desperately fighting to restrain.For heavens sake, there's nobody there!"

"The man's off his rocker," Derek heard Edward quietly scoff in the back round." Best we leave, you need to get home - get some rest its been a rough night for all of us, "Derek heard Edward whisper to Melissa tugging at her blouse, to keep her from leaving his side.

Derek could see from of his peripheral vision, that her father was deliberately trying to keep Melissa away from him every time she would try and come near him. Derek's attention soon shifted when he saw all the cops closing off the house. They were coming in like drones, all ambushing him as if he were a dangerous criminal at large that they were getting ready to arrest and haul away. The entire police force had arrived and suddenly this place had become a high profile crime site. An arrogant looking cop who could have passed as a training officer bolted towards Derek at lightning speed. He stood there, feeling his legs trembling, while the man began to read him his rights whilst slapping the handcuffs on him seeing Edward cheerfully revel in the background at all this. He could see Melissa tucked away in the corner from all the madness and exposure, holding Holly as if someone were trying to steal her from her embrace. The part that hurt Derek the most was that she couldn't even look him in the eye. Her face was buried in Holly's little fluffy cotton blanket, disguising herself from the police.She was weeping in it, which only made Derek want to go and speak to her even more.

"Please, baby, I didn't do this!" Derek called out to Melissa, fully aware of the policeman standing in front of Him giving him an assaulting glare, as if to say don't even think about it.

"That's my wife and daughter there! Do you see them?" he exclaimed. The man stood over Derek with an apathetic look on his face. Yeah, and what is your point, sir?"

"Do you honestly think I would do something like this? They all I have in this world, and I love them with every fibre of my being!" Derek was raising his voice intentionally, so Melissa could hear his conversation between the officer and him.

"I'm sorry sir. But, I'm afraid you are going have to come down to the station with us. " He began reading, Derek his rights again, as if he didn't register it the first time, even though he knew he did, he was just being an facetious little prick about it. "If you cannot afford a lawyer, the state will grant, you a district attorney. You are under arrest for the suspicion of murder. You have the right to an attorney. Anything you say and do will be held against you, in court of law. "

Once, Derek heard those words, the second time, he felt the whole room spinning and the walls closing in on him. He knew he had no choice but to comply with the police officer, but all he could think of was Melissa and making things right between them again. He had to make her realise that he was not responsible for her mothers, murder, but knowing that he couldn't be with her at this moment crippled him inside.

Derek stood there in handcuffs, watching Melissa's father anxiously force her out of the room, even though Derek could see she had been reluctant to leave him behind. The police officer promptly escorted him outside and just like that all their dreams and hopes they once shared had been replaced with being torn apart from each other, never to see each other again, all because she believed he killed her mother. Derek could feel the wind brush along his skin. He felt his legs trembling almost losing their balance as he fought to even make it down the driveway. He was dying inside at each unbearable step he took down that pavement.

I love you, baby. I will never give up on us, He told himself confidently. The officer proceeded to steer Derek to the police car.He spun his head around,watching Melissa getting into Edwards, car knowing that he couldn't do anything but watch them leave without him was tearing his heart to pieces. Derek knew his only hope was getting Melissa alone without the interference of her father getting in their way. He promised himself that he would stop at nothing to prove his innocence the moment, he stepped foot into this vehicle.

The drive down to the police station seemed to drag on for, what felt like hours. Derek sat stationery in the back seat of the car beside the two officers handcuffed like a mass murderer. He could hear faint country music playing in the background. The window had been open a jar and Derek was met with that revolting stench again - that same despicable smell of rotten and decaying mess assaulting his nasal passages - making him want to heave in this throat. He remembered that same nasty stench the very first time he encountered that woman.

Where's the smoke there's fire and Derek had a strong suspicion that loathe some bitch was near. He turned his head and flinched back in horror when he saw her sitting right next to him. She was reaching for the unsuspecting cops gun that was protruding out of his holster. She then continued to look back at Derek and met him with a devious grin; her terrifying, white eyes burning directly into his. If that fucking bitch is going to do what I think she's gonna do, we all going to be in for one hell of a shit show tonight, Derek told himself wishing he had time to pick the lock of these handcuffs and make a quick exit while he still had the chance.

Derek attempted to inform the police officer what was about to happen but she had already kicked her sinister plan into overdrive. When he looked again she'd pulled the trigger. His brains instantly splattered everywhere the second the bullet penetrated the man's skull.

Derek could see the blood that wasn't his own running down his face. He could taste the faint metallic flavour of the man's blood that had spattered on Derek's face going into his mouth. The officer began screaming hysterically reaching for his gun thinking it was Derek who just killed his former colleague.

But he too had soon met his fate. The woman then turned on him and began digging her nails maliciously into the man's neck ripping his jugular vein out completely. She was killing them off one by one as if it were a sport to her.

Derek didn't know what to do other than sit back helplessly and watch these innocent men have their lives been brutally ripped away from them.

"W-W-What do you fucking want with me, huh?! What have I ever done to you, to make you ruin my life?! All I did was fucking help you! Now you're trying to ruin my life! My wife hates me and probably wants nothing to do with me, all because of what you have done! Tell me why, Godamnit?! Answer me you crazy bitch!"He wanted to snap her neck, in half and saw nothing but rage and fury, when his eyes permeated into his, not even the least bit fearful of her anymore.

But the woman was deliberately being passive-aggressive to make him lose his mind even further and remained silent as if Derek were speaking a foreign language to her. The woman's illuminating white eyes focused on the driver sitting in the car now, calling, for back up over the radio, watching Derek sitting beside two dead men shouting at something that wasn't even there.

" Officer, do you read me?! Officer, do you read me?! Answer me, Godamnit! The suspect is armed and dangerous, he must be stopped! I need backup! I repeat the suspect is armed and dangerous! Do you copy?!" the officer was screaming into his two-way radio.

Derek observed her jump in the passenger seat next to the officer and grabbed a hold of the steering wheel resulting in the man losing all control over the vehicle. Derek saw a cliff approaching them and wondered if history was once again repeating itself, yet again.

In the process of being edited and rewritten.

Total word count:1301

What do you think will be the outcome of that? If you enjoyed this chapter please don't forget to vote and comment your feedback means a lot to me:) a chapter will follow soon so stay tuned!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

116K 7.6K 95
WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST Sarah Kennedy's life has fallen to pieces. Her family is broken, she's growing apart from her only friend, and it's been a whil...
614K 30.6K 101
7 deadly demons and a freshman college girl. Surprisingly, they will become more attached to each other, than anyone could have predicted. *** Runni...
185K 14.3K 40
OPTIONED BY WATTPAD STUDIOS FOR PUBLISHING/MOVIE DEALS!!! Also approached by 108 Media, the studio that produced Eerie (check it out in Netflix) but...
16.1K 2.1K 44
[WATTYS 2022 Shortlist | Wattpad Editor's Picks July 2023 | 17 x Featured]. A fairy tale inspired by elements of Hindu mythology. Able to weave dream...