Invisible Line in Between

By nininininaaa

[NEW CLASSIC SERIES #1] Meet the lead vocalist of New Classic, Isaiah Kalen Mallari. A #Wattys2020 Winner sto... More

Invisible Line in Between
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Invisible Line in Between (Self-Pub)
New Classic Lyrics Booklet

Chapter 15

69.3K 3.4K 1.2K
By nininininaaa

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 15
Live

"Got Music?"

As soon as I hit play, Ike was the first one I heard at the start of the video because of their greeting.

"New Classic!" All the other members followed. "Happy birthday, Zendaya!"

A hint of warmth spread over my chest. My lips quirked up into a huge smile as my eyes focused on Isaiah. The corners of his lips were also curled upwards.

"Thank you so much for all the hardwork and effort you exert for us and the fandom," Ike said. "I know it must be hard to balance everything, so we are really grateful because of your existence. Thank you for leading all First Class into behave and well-mannered fans. We owe that to you and as well as your co-admins. I wish you good health and may all your wishes come true."

"Yes, Zendaya. It's your birthday!" Ganadong sabi ni Sic at pumalakpak pa. "Like what Ike said, thank you so much for everything. Aabangan namin ang pakain mo sa amin. See you soon, Zendie!"

I chuckled because of the nickname Sic got for me. I didn't know where he got the idea to call me 'Zendie.' He called me that the last time we saw each other, which was two months ago, during their mall tour in Mall of Asia.

"Zendaya, I don't know what else to say, but I just really want to thank you for supporting us without inhibitions," Jirro said. "You've been with us for almost two years now. Sana ay hindi ka magsawa sa pagsuporta sa amin. Have a great day today!"

I pursed my lips, realizing that it had been a long time I started accepting the responsibility of being the president of First Class. It was a blissful journey as a fangirl. Being a First Class is the highlight of my youth―something that I would never forget.

"Zendaya, I hope you'll have a good day ahead to celebrate your special day."

When it was finally Isaiah's turn to speak, I sat straight to focus on him more.

"I will always be grateful and proud for having a dedicated and passionate fan like you. I hope that you'll continue to walk with us―for a long time―in this journey." I looked straight into his eyes. My heart welled up with happiness as I saw his sincerity. "Happy birthday, Zendaya. I wish you all the happiness you deserve."

"Once again..." Ike trailed and looked at the members.

"Happy birthday!" They all greeted me cheerfully at the end of the video.

Reclining on the headboard, shifting on a more relaxed position, I sighed with euphoric pleasure after watching the video.

I didn't expect that they would do a video greeting for me. I was surprised when I received a direct message from New Classic's official account. They sent me a video greeting to wish me a happy birthday.

My day started so well. I even received greetings from strangers, which were fans of New Classic. Knowing that I was the president of the fandom, they gave me warm greetings, making me feel like an important person. I also received birthday wishes from my friends―Jerlyn, Dawn, and Aya―and from my acquaintances at school.

I was looking forward to this day. Dati ay walang ganap sa aking birthday dahil busy silang lahat. I only went outside with Jerlyn. Ngayon, nagawa kong mapapayag sina mommy at daddy na kumain ng dinner sa labas. My brother also agreed to do it for me, even though he was having a rough relationship with my father.

Last night, I did spend the eve of my birthday with Jerlyn. We ate at a dinner buffet, and she bought me a gift. And since I treated Jerlyn, I would also be paying for the dinner with my family tonight. They actually wanted to pay for me, however, I wanted to be the one treating them this time around.

We planned to leave the house around 7PM. I asked my brother to make a reservation at the restaurant where I wanted to eat dinner. We had to be there by 8PM.

Sa sobrang kagalakan ay nang pumatak pa lang ng alas-singko ay muli na akong naligo. Nagtagal nga lang ako sa pamimili ng damit. In the end, I decided to just wear a simple denim, short-sleeve dress up to my knees. It came with a waist belt to highlight the shape of my body. I tied my hair in a loose bun and wore light make-up.

At exactly 6:30 in the evening, I went out of my room with my things. However, I had not even taken a single step down the stairs, when I heard my mother screaming at my father on the phone.

"What do you mean you can't go home on time? Richmond!"

My mother filled our quiet house with her voice. I got goosebumps from her scream.

"You promised your daughter! You gave your word to Zendaya!" she told him through the phone. "Wala ka man lang bang konsensya?"

Biting my lower lip, I clutched hard on the strap of my body bag that I could feel my nails digging on my palm.

"It's her birthday, Richmond! Kahit isang gabi man lang, hindi mo maibigay sa kanya. Mas pipiliin mo pa rin ang trabaho mo?!"

To stop myself from tearing up, I lifted my head, hoping that it would push back the tears pooling in my eyes.

"No! Huwag ka sa 'king mag-explain at humingi ng tawad. Tell that to your daughter!" she said, her anger couldn't be tamed. "I really can't believe you. I'm hanging up. Sumasakit ang ulo ko sa 'yo."

I lost all the excitement and enthusiasm I felt earlier. Slowly, I sat down on the stair. Nawalan na ako ng ganang ituloy ang pagkain ng hapunan sa labas.

I hate how one bit of sadness could sweep away all the happiness you are feeling. It's like a drop of venom spreading on your veins in no time―leading to your death.

Suddenly, I felt someone sat beside me. Naamoy ko kaagad ang pamilyar na pabango ni Kuya Zedrick, ngunit hindi ko magawang lingunin siya.

His hand gently pushed my head down to his shoulder. I let him do that, knowing that I'd need his comfort.

"I know you're sad because dad couldn't come with us tonight, but it's your birthday, Zendaya..." he told me, his voice quiet like he was whispering. "I hope me and our mom's presence is enough to make you happy again tonight."

Inalis ko ang pagkakasandal ng aking ulo sa kanyang balikat. I turned my head to face my brother and smiled.

He's right. Though my father couldn't come with us, I still have my brother and my mother to spend the day with me. I also received countless of greetings from other people. New Classic even sent me a video greeting as a birthday gift. I should cherish and be thankful for what I received, instead of dwelling on something that I couldn't have.

"Thank you, Kuya..." I said, my voice slightly hoarse. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Tahimik akong yumakap sa aking kapatid. Agad niya naman akong niyakap pabalik at saka malambing na hinagod ang aking likuran.

After I got over my father, who broke his promise, Kuya Zedrick and I finally went down. My mother was hesitating when she told me that daddy couldn't come with us tonight. I just smiled and told her not to worry about it anymore. I didn't want to end my day feeling down when it was a day that I should celebrate.

Kaya naman habang kumakain sa labas ay pilit kong iniiwasang isipin na mayroong kulang. To fill up the empty chair, I asked my brother to invite Ate Allison to come. Mabuti na lang at nakapunta siya. My mother kept teasing them about their future wedding. Nakikisali na lang ako sa biruan. Overall, the birthday dinner was pleasant.

Pagkauwi naman ay naghihintay si daddy sa aming tanggapan. My mother ignored him and walked past him. My brother did the same thing. They were obviously disappointed with him. Ako lamang ang huminto para batiin siya kahit na masama ang aking loob.

"I'm really sorry, anak," mapagkumbabang sabi sa akin ni daddy. "I didn't expect that our seminar would end late. I couldn't just leave, since I was the second to the last presenter."

I didn't know if I should trust my judgement, but I could tell that he was sincere about apologizing to me.

"Though I bought a gift for you before I went home. I hope you'll like it."

Bumalik si daddy sa sofa. Nanlaki ang aking mga mata nang makita kong mayroong guitar case doon. He got that, then walked back to me.

"I know you're currently supporting a band, so I thought you'd like a guitar as a birthday gift," he said and smiled, his eyes were filled with hope.

It never crossed my mind to get a guitar because I was a fan of New Classic. However, now that my father bought me one, I suddenly wanted to learn how to play guitar. But honestly, he didn't have to give me a gift. All I wanted was his presence, but I was still grateful for his present.

"Thanks, dad," I said and stepped closer to give him a hug.

"You're welcome..." he whispered. "Happy birthday."

My feet felt light as I walked back to my room with the guitar. Inilapag ko iyon sa ibabaw ng aking kama. Nagpalit muna ako ng aking damit at saka naisipang magtweet sa aking personal account.

@zendayabrielle
Things didn't happen the way I wanted it to be, but I'm still grateful for this day.

Bumuntong hininga ako at saka binitawan na muna ang aking cellphone para tingnan ang gitara. I pulled it out from its cover. It was a classical acoustic guitar. If I would compare it to the guitar I saw from the members of New Classic, it was obviously smaller and simpler, but I liked it that way. Tamang-tama lang sa akin ang size. Hindi ko rin kailangan nang magarang gitara dahil beginner pa lang naman ako.

I tried to position the guitar on my lap. I put my fingers randomly on the fret and strum the strings. Even though it sounded strange and not on tune, the sound of the guitar brought a smile to my face.

Patuloy kong ginawa ang pagtutugtog sa gitara kahit na wala naman akong natutugtog matinong kanta. I only stopped playing around with the guitar, when my phone chimed. It also vibrated at the same time.

I reached out for my phone. It was a notification from Aya. She sent me a direct message.

Binuksan ko naman agad ang aking cellphone para mabasa ang kanyang mensahe sa akin.

@ayalovesmusic:
I read your tweet. Is everything alright?

Ngumuso ako. She must be concerned or worried about me.

I was about to compose my reply to her, when a notification banner suddenly popped out.

Isaiah just went live on Instagram!

Sa sobrang pagkabigla ay nawala na sa isip ko ang pagrereply kay Aya. Mabilis kong pinindot ang notification. It immediately directed me to Isaiah's live.

My heart thundered on my chest as I saw him reclined against his bed's headboard. The lights were slightly dimmed. It seemed like he had just finished showering when I saw his damp hair. He rarely went on live without his members. I was lucky that he decided to go live on my birthday. It felt like a birthday present for me.

Ilang minuto rin siyang nakatitig lamang ng tahimik sa camera. I thought it was lagging at first, but I realized he was just idling. Comments poured in―asking Isaiah to give them a shoutout and sharing how much they love him. May ilang nagco-comment at pinagsasalita si Isaiah dahil wala itong kibo.

Unlike them, it was fine with me, even if he just stares at the camera and do nothing at all. I wouldn't mind having a virtual staring game with him. Just turning on his live was enough to make me happy.

Hindi rin nagtagal ay bumangon siya mula sa kanyang kama. He carried his phone with him. Though the camera was filming from below, he still looked good. Kitang-kita kung gaano katangos ang kanyang ilong. The shape of his jaw was also highlighted, and I could see his Adam's apple.

After a while, I guessed he put the phone on a stand when it became still. Nawala siya ng ilang saglit sa frame, pero nang bumalik siya sa kanyang kama ay dala-dala na niya ang kanyang gitara.

He casually positioned his guitar on his lap. It fit naturally with him, unlike me who had a difficulty on trying to find a comfortable position with my new guitar.

In a few seconds, he started skillfully strumming his guitar. He was playing another unfamiliar melody. I read from the comments that he might be giving us a spoiler for New Classic's next album.

It's a brand new day
But the reason for my smile remains the same
It became my favorite thing
Like a fool, I keep whispering your name

Your eyes brought sunshine to my life
Your voice is like that warm summer breeze
And your lips made me fall down on my knees
Eh-eh-eh...

You make heart go dudu duru dudu
Dudu duru dudu
You make me go crazy
You make me fall, baby, baby

It wasn't a drill! Isaiah just sang a short version of their new song! I was so sure of it!

I was speechless, but my heart was screaming inside my chest. His voice was so sweet that it tugged my heartstrings.

After he played the guitar and sang, he stood up and went closer to the camera. Now, his whole face covered up my screen. He then smiled and said, "Love will come out next, next month. I hope I made you all smile in this short live. Thanks for watching. Bye."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 1.3K 35
Baguio Entry #4 [Completed] Crystal Gem Herrera committed a biggest mistake that she'll regret for the rest of her life. To fix herself, she decided...
2M 135K 38
You can't hide anything from him... you just can't. *** Embry's life is smooth sailing until two storms shattered her frame of mind - one in the form...
1M 33.1K 43
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...
7.8M 188K 62
[ππ”ππ‹πˆπ’π‡π„πƒ 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 ππ‹πˆπ’π’ ππŽπŽπŠπ’] Tulad ng sinasabi ng nakararami, panatilihin ang mga mata sa kung ano ang nangyayari ngayon at...