The Hunted { old version }

By TeaNHeartache

They call them enforcers-They are the ones that come in and clean up when laws have been broken. They are the... More

Take a Bite
You Can't Hide From the Wolf
History Repeats Itself
Enforce This!
The Scapegoat
Clearing the Air
I Knew I Smelled Trouble (Part 1)
I Knew I Smelled Trouble (Part 2)
Rules of The Pack
Tumble With the Enforcer
The Great Escape. Not.
What If a Spy Was One of Us?
Bare My Mark
Tame My Mouth
Dirty Blood?
Whose Got a Better Plan?
The Kiss of a Fey
I've Got the Devil's Touch
Howl Like Wolves
Just Call me Little Red
I Touched The Butt
Who Do You Think You Are? Casanova?
What's in a Name?
Oh What a Tangled Web We Weave...
Control is Overrated
Sleeping Arrangement
Take On Me
Eat Your Words
In The Neighborhood
Hot and Steamy
Oh That Sexual Healing
Can We Make This a Covalent Bond?
The Shift
Queen Bimbo Vs. Raging Death Machine
Something Only Fools Believe In
Submission? What do I look like to you?
Add That to Your Vocabulary
Who Is The Real Monster?
Missing In Action
Heart of Darkness
The Things That Bind Us
Just a Touch of Silver Makes The Naughty Wolf Cry
The Return of The Devil Touched Girl
We Must Be Killers
This isn't The End
My One and Only Alpha
An Unforeseen Enemy
A Homecoming
Claim Me I'm Yours
Epilogue: In Light of The Full Moon
It's not over! DON'T WORRY! :P
Update | Rewrite

Secrets Between Prisoners

114K 4.1K 353
By TeaNHeartache

Picture of Mikhail to the right :)

Enjoy the chapter! 

----------------------------------------------------

I sat next to Sasha re-chained to the wall. It had been a couple hours sense the whole me going a bit wolf had happened and I wasn’t sure what to say to her. She hadn’t tried to speak to me either and she had given up trying to get out of the handcuffs. I felt bad for having gotten her into this mess in the first place. I cleared my throat and turn my head to look at her, “I’m sorry about all of this.” I say apologetically. She looked towards me with a sad looking smile, “I know.” She reached out with her free hand towards me and I reached as far as I could towards her but our fingers only brushed each other. We both sighed in frustration before she looked away, “So this was your big secret eh? You’re a wolf girl?” She asks nonchalantly. 

Considering everything that had been happening she had been taking everything relatively well. I smirk, “Yeah I’m a wolf girl.” 

“So then these guys are like you?” She asks. I try to figure out the right way to answer that question, “Well yes, and no. They’re not nearly as sweet as me.” I give her wink trying to make light of the situation. She rolls her eyes at me. I try to move my arm because the position it’s hoisted up in is getting pretty uncomfortable, “They’re enforcers. Which means they makes sure everyone is keeping to the laws for the werewolf society. They also hunt down people and well—“ I shake my arms to make my point. 

Her eyes drift up towards her own chained up arm, “Yeah I get the point.” She replies dryly. It falls quiet between us for a bit and I expect her to ask me what I did to get us here but she doesn’t. “What did it mean when that guy called me his mate?” I look over at her and she’s biting her lip nervously. I try to think of a way to explain what that actually means because it’s pretty complex, “Uh—well I guess it mean that you’re his soul mate.” I watch her eyes widen, “His what?” 

I sigh, “It’s hard to explain. It’s a wolf thing. All you need to know is that guy believes you belong to him, which means he will do anything to keep you safe and alive. Which I wouldn’t say is a bad thing right now…” She snorts, “Well first of all I am not something a piece of property and If I’m his soulmate he’s got a funny way of showing it.” She jingles her arm around making the metal of the handcuffs hit the wall. I smirk at that, “Yeah no kidding…” I think back to the cold gaze of my mate as he had looked at me for the first time. 

Sasha is quiet for a while, “I guess while were sharing secrets and sense it looks like were going to be here awhile. It might be important for me to admit something to you.” She looks back to me still wearing a lazy expression. I watch her for as she closes her eyes and when she opens them they are entirely black. She closes them again and they go back to their normal blue. I’d never seen anything like that before, “What are you?” I ask surprised by her little show. 

“I’m a fey.” She says in a tired voice. When I look at her in confusion she sighs, “Also known as a fairy.”

“But aren’t they those little small creatures with wings that fly around in meadows and stuff?” I ask with curiosity. Sasha’s smile is more relaxed, “That’s all a bunch of myths. No, fairies are much different then history has painted them to be for the most part and just like everyone else there are good ones and bad ones.” I nod my head. 

“So I guess it makes sense why we became such good friends…” I say with a smile as I look away to the wall across of us. 

“Oh yeah?” 

“Yeah, we’re both freaks.” I say with a smile and she chuckles at my words. “Ain’t that the truth…” She replies softly. Things grow quiet between us again but it feels like there isn’t any tension at all now that everything is out in the open. I mean we’re both still prisoners but at least were still friends. After what feels like another hour I gently bang my head against the wall, “This is going to drive me crazy.” I sigh, “I can’t stay coup-ed up in this room forever.” 

“Lena…” Sasha uses my nickname her voice sounding a bit weak. I look over to her and I notice for the first time that she looks a lot paler then she usually does, “What’s going on? Are you okay?” I ask feeling concerned. I can see a fine sheen of sweat breaking out across her skin, “I need to feed…” She says taking in a ragged breathe. I try to scoot my body closer to her but the chains don’t allow me, “You need to feed on what? Like a burger?” I ask stupidly. She shakes her head back and forth, “Usually I feed off of emotions, like lust or anger but there are other things I could use—like the moonlight. I’m a dark fey that’s how we restore ourselves and I used a lot of my energy earlier trying to free myself…” 

I watch her struggling to keep her eyes open. Shit. I struggle with the chains again but they made sure to do them up tight this time. “Sasha! Stay with me okay?” I yell at her and her eyes flutter open a little and then close again. I let my wolf out a  little hoping she’ll be able to break the chains as she had before. I strain against them but nothing happens, “Come on!” I yell in frustration. I look over to Sasha and I can tell if I don’t get outside soon that something bad is going to happen to her. I take in a deep breath and close my eyes, We have to save her. I need you to help me. I speak to my wolf. She perks up, I want mate. She whines and I understand what is happening. She is sulking. I growl at her, Sasha needs us right now. I need you to focus on helping me. She didn’t seem interested so in a last ditch effort, If you help me get free then you will see your mate. That was all the encouragement she needed. 

I opened my eyes and I sensed that my wolf and I had joined up. I pulled hard against the chains and the sound of them bending entered my ears. It took a couple more pulls but I was able to break free again. I scurried over to Sasha and yanked the handcuffs free from the wall. I gathered her up in my arms and carried her towards the door, “Don’t worry I’m going to get you out of here if it’s the last thing I do.” And it very well might be. I shifted her in my arms and kick out hard against the door and it swung open wood splintering everywhere. I started to run as fast as I could down the hallway, which wasn’t very fast cause I was carrying a grown woman. I looked around trying to navigate towards the scent of fresh air. 

The sound of footsteps racing towards me told me it was my cue to just keep going and trust my nose. I was going to get us out of here. When I saw the stairs leading upward I raced toward them only to stop when I saw the creepy guy who had been watching over us standing at the top of them. I back up slowly and his eyes watched my every movement. 

“What the hell is all the racket out here about?” The older enforcer asked as he came out from behind one of the doors to my left. Freezing when he saw me standing there holding Sasha in my arms. I could feel my wolf beginning to get antsy, Get out. She whined. I felt the exact same way. Victor followed up from the rear of me, “Elena…” He says my name a little out of breath.

I look over my shoulder at him and realize that pretty much all my escape route have been cut off. I feel the need to protect my friend come up strong in me as I looked back down at her pale face. I couldn’t fail her, she needed me and I needed to prove that I was still worth something even if I was a rogue. I looked to my right and noticed a door, without knowing was behind I ran towards it ramming my shoulder into it hard. it came of it’s hinges and I stumbled over the force I had put behind it, which cause Sasha and I to fall to the ground. 

I landed with a thud and an aching pain in my shoulder from where I had rammed the door open. I shake my head trying to get my wits about me when a familiar scent tickled my nose. I look up quickly to find Mikhail and Gideon staring down at me with surprise. My wolf was once again elated to see her mate and the urge to run to him was like nothing I had ever felt before but I reigned her back. Mikhail’s expression hardened, “Are you trying to escape?” the tone of his voice sounds deadly. I quickly shake my head back and forth having lost the ability to speak momentarily. 

Gideon takes a step towards and my wolf lunges to the surface, “Get back.” I warn him as I can feel her need to protect Sasha might push me over the edge. He looks to me with a glare, “What is wrong with my mate?” He demands of me. I look from him to Mikhail who also seems to be waiting for an answer to why we both aren’t still chained up like the prisoners we are. I swallow my fear, “She needs to feed…” I say in a rush of words, “That’s why I was trying to get her outside. She said she can feed off the energy from the moonlight.” Gideon looked down at Sasha with furrowed brows but didn’t ask anymore questions as he leaned down and scooped her up into his arms. My wolf growl loudly in my head not trusting the man but I knew that he would never hurt her, he couldn’t not if she was truly his mate. He didn’t wait for anyone else, he ran from the room carrying her away. 

I remained on the ground staring after the space Gideon has disappeared through. The longer I sat there the more aware I became that I was alone in the room with Mikhail. I looked back towards him to see that he was leaning against the wall looking down at me. His expression was tense and his eyes felt like they were trying to burn holes through me. I began to feel extremely anxious, “I’m sorry for making it appear as though I was trying to escape.” That’s right Elena, apologize and hope he doesn’t kill you. 

“You’re saying that you wouldn’t have run away if you had gotten free from this place?” His question is a logical one and I can’t say that I wouldn’t be tempted to run but I doubt I would have gotten very far before they caught up to us. I tilt my head to the side, “I can’t say that I wouldn’t have the urge to run but I know how to pick my battles.” I say trying to be honest. He pushed himself off the wall and took a few steps towards me before he knelt down before me. Our eyes were locked on one another and I could feel that draw towards him. He did look effected at all by me, “That’s good because I would have had to chase you down if you ever ran…” His eyes seem to darken with an emotion I’ve never seen directed at me before, but it send heat racing through my veins, “And trust me you don’t want me to have to chase after you.” I nodded my head as a response not that one was needed. 

He pushed himself back up and then put his hand out towards me. I stared at it for a moment unsure if I should take it or not. When he gave me an impatient look I reached up and put my hand into his. The moment our hands touched I felt like I was melting into a hot puddle of goo. It’s as if all of our molecules were joint together to create one whole new person. He hoisted me up with minimal effort and then quickly released my hand, rubbing it across his pant leg. The gesture sent a pang of hurt through my chest but I once again tried to ignore it. How could I blame him? I was a worthless rogue in his eyes. Nothing better than a beast. I looked away from him when I heard someone come through the door. 

I turned to find Victor and the Older enforcer looking between us in confusion. Mikhail stepped around me, “The other girl was ill apparently she needed some fresh air.” He looks back over his shoulder at me, “Come with me.” He says as the other enforcers get out of his way. I stare after him for a moment before he pauses in the doorway looking back once again at me, “Now Elena.” He orders. The authority in his voice has me jumping and scurrying across the room to his side. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96 36 38
Deacon Riley: The one thing about wolf packs is you can never beat a solid pack down. My pack has always been survivors. We always bounce back. A...
2.2K 84 17
There are no possible ways to describe one person in a short sentence. But here it goes. I am a warrior. Simple as that, right? Not even close! My jo...
33.4K 741 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
1M 61.6K 45
The Enforcers are up against a formidable foe who has more planned than just the elimination of some wolves. The whole supernatural and natural world...