She's an Aura, but I'm an Aur...

By Hi_shes_blu

After being kidnapped 10 years earlier, Elena Woods returns to her home town wit her kidnapper and attends th... More

She's back
Day 2
Saved
Home
The Man
Date Night
The Morning After
Coronation
Please be okay
Betas and Auras
Shopping
Prom
Marlon and Hank
All My Fault
Nightmares and Stress
Parents
Baby Thea

From lockdown to war

15 1 0
By Hi_shes_blu

Jack and I decided to not stress too much about anything, but put up defenses and make sure everyone is ok. Jack has been helping me work on my powers and I've been getting the hang of it. Things have been quiet for about two weeks. Graduation is coming up and we're all in our last day of school before senior check out. I'm sitting in fourth period and I heard a bunch of people running, some were screaming. I looked at Jack. Our teacher walked to the door and opened it, looking out.

"Everyone, get into a class, or run off campus!" He yelled, pulling a couple of students inside.

Once the hall looked somewhat empty, he slammed the door shut and then covered the window.

"Someone, get the windows over there, everyone else, get into the back corner of the room." Our teacher said.

An announcement went off and said the school was on lockdown. I grabbed Jack's hand.

"It's Marlon," I said.
"We don't know that." He looked at me.
"Well, who else would it be, Jack?" I asked.

My phone went off and I silenced it. I looked at it and saw Mom calling me. I sent it to voicemail. Then Dad called me, I sent him to voicemail. I saw Jack's eyes were white.

"Eleanor! Come out and play!" I heard Marlon.

Our teacher looked at me, along with everyone else. Jack wrapped his arms around me. I turned to him.

"I have to go out there," I said.
"No, you can't," Jack said.
"I can't allow that." Our teacher said.
"I have to, he's gonna hurt somebody," I said.
"Elena, we'll figure this out," Jack said.
"If I run out, I can lead him away from the school, you can come after us. Please, I can't let anyone get hurt." I said.

Jack sighed.

"I can't." He said.
"Then I'm sorry," I said.

Jack looked up at me, I pushed him back and ran out the door.

"Elena!" My teacher and Jack yelled.
"Marlon! Come and get me!" I yelled.

I ran down the hall and saw him behind me. I led him out of the school and to the woods which led to the pride house. I looked around and saw the pride house not far. I saw Adam and Abby run out of the back door and I ran to them. But suddenly, Marlon grabbed me and threw me away. I yelled as I hit my side on a rock. Marlon stood over me.

"You made a mistake going with the cats." He said.
"Really? I think it was a pretty good decision." I said.

He slapped me and started hitting me. Suddenly I saw a flash of blue and white and Marlon was tackled to the ground. There was a blue tiger on top of him.

"Thanks Abby," I said.

She nudged her head to the house and I slowly got up. I ran away and Adam grabbed my arms.

"Go inside, your parents are in there. Jack and everyone else is on their way." Adam said.
"You guys will need my help, he's got things that can kill you guys," I said.
"I know, trust me, we have a plan." He said.

I went inside and my parents ran over.

"Why would you do that?! That was so dangerous!" Mom grabbed my arms.
"I couldn't let anyone get hurt, not again," I said.
"It's ok, just sit down," Dad said.

I sat down in a chair and looked out the back door. I sighed and Mom grabbed my hand.

"What hurts, Elena?" She asked.
"Just my side. I'm ok." I said.

I heard growls outside.

"I have to go help them," I said.
"No, you're gonna get hurt." Mom looked at me.
"If I don't help, Mom, they're gonna die," I said.

Mom and Dad looked at me.

"That's my pride, I can't just let them fight people and die because of a man that's coming after me," I said.

Mom looked at Dad.

"Fine." Mom said.

I stood up and walked out of the house. I saw the pride was fighting a bunch of hunters. I saw a hunter run towards me and I pushed him back till he was slammed into a tree and knocked out. I walked farther into the woods, fighting anyone who had come at me. I was looking for any of the guys.

"Elena? What are you doing out here?" I heard Juno.
"I'm not leaving you guys out here to fight on your own," I said.
"Jack doesn't want you getting hurt." She said.
"And I don't want you guys getting killed because of me," I told her.

I saw a hunter behind her and I held him to a tree. Jade looked back and shifted, attacking the hunter.

We were fighting for what felt like hours, but in reality was only an hour. I could see everyone around me fighting. I was pissed because it looked like we were losing. I suddenly felt this burst of energy and all the hunters flew up. I looked around, a large black panther ran over and stood at my side. I saw Marlon in the air and he looked shocked and scared. I suddenly felt something go through my right shoulder and I fell. I felt my shoulder and felt an arrow. I was too pissed to even feel it. I pulled it out and stood up. All the hunters suddenly flew back. Some of them who were still conscious got up and ran, the others laid on the ground, unconscious, besides Marlon. I looked at him. I felt someone grab me from behind and the panther next to me was tackled. Marlon walked over, holding a gun at me. I flipped the guy who was holding me and suddenly saw Marlon was tackled and his neck was snapped. I threw the other guy holding down the panther away and sighed. I saw gold on the panther, I got down next to him. I felt sparks when I was trying to get as much gold off of him as I could. I looked at him.

"Jack?" I asked.

A tiger ran over with basketball shorts and Jack shifted. I helped him put the shorts on and looked at his left side, which was burned.

"Let's get you back to the house," I said.

Other people that had shifted back and put some clothes on ran over. We picked him up and walked back to the house. I stopped at the back door, but they took him inside and down the hall. I made sure everyone was okay, and those who weren't got to Hayes.

"Elena! Wheres Juno?" Mavis ran over.
"I haven't seen her yet," I said.
"I'm going out to look for her." She said.
"I'll go with you," I said.

We walked into the woods and found a tiger, sitting, looking around.

"Juno," Mavis said.

The tiger turned and Mavis walked over.

"You ok?" Mavis asked.

The tiger nodded. Mavis slipped her shirt off and Juno shifted. She slipped on the shirt and looked up at Mavis and I.

"Jack is with Hayes?" She asked.
"Yeah, he'll be ok," I said.
"I killed him for you." She looked at me.
"Marlon?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I don't want you to live in a world where someone like him is gonna hurt you." She said.

I smiled a bit at her.

"Thank you." I grabbed her hand.
"Let's get you inside," Mavis said.

Juno nodded and we helped her up.

"El, your shoulder." Juno looked at my shoulder.
"I don't feel it, still pissed," I said.

We walked back to the house and Adam and Abby walked over.

"Looks like you found your Aura," Abby said.
"What?" I asked.
"When you lifted all the hunters, your eyes were glowing and you had what looked like blue cracks on your face and your head and stuff. Never seen anything like it." Adam said.
"Before this whole war today, I was reading in the book. I found something you might want to read." She said, handing me the book.

The book was open to a specific page. I looked down and read it.

"Elena woods isn't just an Aura, she's an Auris." I read.
"Whats an Auris?" Juno asked.
"An Auris is someone who has the spirit of Ára as their Aura. They're like the Luna of Auras." Abby said.

I looked at them, then back at the book.

"How come the book looks blank to me?" Mavis asked.
"It can only be read by Auras," Adam said.
"Adam can't read it, and if I took a picture to show him, it would still look like a totally different language and to him and it would still look blank," Abby explained.

I saw someone walk into the room. I looked over.

"Jack is asking for you, Elena." He said.
"I'll be there in a second," I said.

He nodded and walked off. I looked at Abby.

"I have a lot to learn."

I handed her the book.

"Just not today," I said.

I walked down the hall to the infirmary. I walked into Jack's room and saw in sitting up in a bed. I walked over and sat next to him.

"That was scary." He said.
"I know," I said.

I grabbed his hand and looked at the bandages on his left arm and side.

"I'm ok, Hayes said it'll heal soon." He said.
"I know," I said.
"You know, the scariest part of all of that was when you pulled that arrow out of your shoulder and just stood up as nothing happened. Your eyes were glowing and there was this blue light emitting from you. I'm not gonna lie, I was freaking out." He said.

I smiled a bit.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you when I heard you got hit with an arrow." Hayes walked in.
"Sorry, I had to make sure Jack was ok," I said.
"Let me patch you up." He grabbed his kit and I sat on the bed next to Jack.

Hayes sat in the chair I was in and cleaned my cuts and the wound in my shoulder. He covered them, then walked out after telling me it should heal in a couple of weeks. My parents, Abby, Adam, and the guys walked in.

"How are you feeling, Jack?" Mavis asked.
"Now I know how Juno felt when they attacked you with gold, this hurts," Jack said.
"Yeah, once you shower though, it starts to feel better," Juno said.
"What about you, El?" Mom walked over.
"I'm great. The wound on my shoulder should be healed in a couple of weeks, I'm not being hunted all the time by him. We can all move on." I said.

Jack kissed my hand and I smiled at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 205 29
*** First book in the series *** Ember appeared to be the typical outcast at high school, always sitting alone and avoiding any interaction. However...
350K 13.4K 35
This story is the sequel to my previous story "King of the Vamps". It would be beneficial to read that story first as you will be introduced to some...
253K 4.9K 73
** Sequel coming This Summer! ** Elena Matthews; a deliberate, conscientious, and courteous girl with a dark past. Ace Grey; an impulsive, dangerous...
101K 3K 33
Warning mention abuse. PLEASE READ the first note of this book. It's very important, it gives warning of what you will be reading. ~ ~ ~ ~ Dove use...