Althea - The Goddess Rebound

By milz0923

'Althea nodded her head at that. "It's not easy to obtain love for a goddess, Althea." "I'll take my chances... More

Author's Note
Please comment!!!
Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Last Chapter)
Author's note

Chapter 24

14.2K 614 86
By milz0923

Althea Garcia Hela Silvermoon

A week had gone by, when they finally allowed me to leave this place. And finally, I didn't look like a dead person. My limps were still wrapped in bandages. They didn't hurt too much but the one on my neck was the worst one.

It was a miracle that I could whisper some words out. It was scruffy but it was something. And these werewolves had no problems understanding it.

When Natalie first saw me in here again, she was bawling her eyes out. She told me off for ever disappearing. But I knew she was only worried. Like the rest.

Noah came to visit a few times. He would always try to cheer me up and would stay for an hour or so, before he finally left.

But there was this one person that decided to not leave my side. She sat by the sofa on the corner as she looked deep in her thoughts most of the time. I don't know what was wrong with her. She helped me with everything, and I was thankful for that. As much as Natalie argued that she helped too, I couldn't allow her, not with her huge belly in the way.

I smiled at her constant bickering. She was a lot to handle. I don't know how Tray managed to do it. That is if he could.

Matt was another visitor that seemed to pop his head into the room, more often than needed. His eyes will always be on Evelyn whenever he came in. There was definitely something going on between them. Like the air felt weird when they were together.

So much had happened when I slept. I need to talk to her once I recover my vocal cord as she seems to be the only person that has trouble understanding my speech.

I don't know why but these people made me feel like I was home. Almost. If it wasn't for that one person that decided to keep his distance again. But I knew that he would come to visit me every night. The first time, I thought I was dreaming when I felt those soft tingles. The sparks that I have grown to love.

But this one night, his touch woke me up. My heart raced as his hands brushed my face, ever so slightly, waking up the butterflies. When I finally opened my eyes, once again all I saw was his back as he left the room.

That night I cried silently as I laid there watching the door where he disappeared. Why doesn't he come see me when I'm awake?

When I get out of here, I'm going to find him and ask him myself. This time even if he asks me to leave, I won't let go. I'll hold on tightly. I will shamelessly hold on to him. This time. Because it might be my only chance.

Who knows what destiny has up on her sleeves?

Natalie once again brings me a change of clothes. But this time, they fit better on my body. I guess she had time to buy new clothes. James left us after he looked at my neck once more and changed the dressing.

Now there was just the three of us. Natalie and Evelyn seemed to have gotten close. It makes a smile appear on my face. For she had finally learned to trust a werewolf. One creature that she despised. I hope she finds it in her to forgive them for the sins of one. I hope she finds a home here. She truly seems happy as she jokes around with Natalie.

I hope that one day she too will find someone that loves her and cherries her. One who makes her rise above her hate. One who will treasure her because she is special. I smile as I remember the look on Matt's face. I hope it's him.

I stand up after I tie my shoelace. All ready.

They look at me and smile. "Ready?" Natalie asks as she comes by my side and loops her arm around mine. I smile back and nod my head. Then Evelyn comes by my other side and copies Natalie's action.

We three walk side by side, arms in arms as we leave the building. The cool evening breeze hits my face and I close my eyes to breathe in the fresh air.

I missed this. The bronze sky, the soft calm breeze and the wide horizon. I felt like a bird that was caged in a white room, with broken wings that was finally set free. I felt like if I wanted, I could fly away.

I opened my eyes as the two of them tugged me forward, lightly jogging through the fields. I smiled as I jogged with them. Noah saw us from across the field and came running at me. He slammed his body at me and we both fell on the ground as the two let go of my hands.

"I'm sorry." He starts to get off me, but I hug him tightly and laugh groggily. I sound ugly but I don't care. I was happy. I feel his arms tighten around me as he too joins my laughing fit after saying, "Your sound funny, Althea."

Soon Natalie and Evelyn joins in, and the whole land echoes with our laughter. Of our happiness. I look up at the copper sky still laughing.

I think I found my family.

I don't know why but I felt an urge to say it to the goddess that might be looking over me.

Thank you.

And as if answering me, it crackled with lightning. Soon the sky turned dark and it poured heavily. I smiled at that and lay still on the ground as it showered on me, tightly holding onto Noah who was now struggling to get free of my tight grip. Or pretending to.

"Hurry, Althea. It's raining now." I hear him say but I just laugh. He finally gets off me and pulls me up to sit straight. The three shakes their head at me as they too are completely drenched. But this only makes me laugh harder.

They pretend to be mad, but they soon join me again, this time they all pulled me up and pushed me towards the house as our laughter continued to echo.

Aries Blackwood

I watch her as she lays back on the open field. The rain pours down heavily, soaking her body. Her laughter echoes throughout and a knot forms on my heart. It makes my own lips slightly curl up into a smile as I see her smile and hear her laughter. It was a sweet melody to my ear.

I wanted to run towards her. I wanted to be the one she held on to. I wanted to bury my face in her neck and smell her sweet scent. I wanted it to be me.

I watch her as she makes her way towards the house. Her tiny body now completely soaked. She made me worry about her. It hadn't been long since she left the hospital. I didn't want her to infect her wounds or catch a cold.

Natalie, please make sure that her bandages are changed, and she doesn't catch a cold. I link Natalie to look after her, even though I wanted to go there myself. I clenched my hands tightly as I turn back to sit on the chair.

I need to find him. He cannot get away with this. Not after hurting what's mine.

I lean my head back and let out a low grumble as I realised what I had just thought. Mine?

Would I ever be able to claim her as mine?

I huff a breath as I dismissed my thoughts with a shake of my head. I closed my eyes and mind linked to Matt.

Matt, in my office now. Bring Alex if he's still around. And don't forget your mate.

There was a moment of pause before he finally replied. Yes Alpha.

Moments passed before I finally heard a knock on my door. I sit straight on my chair and reply.

"Come in."

Matt opens the door and holds it open for the little witch who doesn't look pleased to be here but walks in through the door regardless and sits on the chair in front of me. She folds her arms and crosses one leg over the other. She looks at me accusingly.

A sigh escapes my lips as I prepare myself with another confrontation with her. And I wasn't going to back down now because only she had the answers that I was looking for.

Alex walks in and takes a seat beside her, with Matt right behind who shuts the door as he walks in to stand beside his mate unlike the other times when he would come stand beside me. But I didn't mind as my eyes were fixed on her green ones which was glaring back at me.

I raise my eyebrow at her. "So, are you going to talk anytime soon?"

She huffs a breath and she rolls her eyes at me. I clench my hands that was on the top of the desk not liking the disrespect. "I don't have much patience, little witch." I manage to say the words out as my jaws tighten, holding my rising fury.

"My names Evelyn." She says as she once again looks back at me. I let out a breath and close my eyes, rubbing my face with the palm of my hands. I was running out of patience here.

When I opened my eyes again, I knew it was getting darker. But I tried to calm myself. I wanted answers. And she was the only one who had them.

"Listen, Evelyn." I start. "I need to know who hurt her. I cannot let them live, knowing they touched her. They touched what's m-" I stop myself before I utter another word.

She narrows her eyes at me as she leans forward on her seat. "Tell me, what is Althea to you? What does she mean to you?" I look at her hard as my hands tightly grab the edges of the desk.

"I see the way you look at her. I see it in your eyes." Her green eyes flicker between mine. "I saw it that day in the woods too. I was searching for someone that could help us. Help her. I looked for the one that had the most connection to her soul and I found you."

"What are you hiding from her?" My eyes flicker to Alex before it returns back to her. Her eyes open wide as she realises something. Her mouth opens and shuts until she's able to form words.

"Don't tell me." She breaths out loud. "Is she your mate?" Then she looks at her own mate who turns his head to the other side as she looks up to him, unable to hold her gaze.

She turns around to look at me once again as she huffs and sits back. "Evelyn, we are not here to talk about that. Can you please tell us about those bastards that hurt her?"

"How do I know that I can trust you huh? You don't even leave your own kind. Who am I?" She leans forward again as her eyes harden with so much hate in them.

"What do you mean?" I was close to losing myself.

"The rogues." She simply replies.

"How can I trust your kind again after what he did to us? To me?" A deep growl sounds from Matt as his hands tighten into fists, but she ignores him.

"So, tell me, Alpha. What makes you any different to him? He's a monster and so are you." She hisses at me, but I see her eyes flicker to Matt as well.

"Well, I swore my loyalty to the goddess so feel free to open up to me." Alex finally speaks.

"In the name of my goddess, Althea Garcia Hela Silvermoon, I assure that we-" He looks at Matt then to me before his eyes return to hers. "We have never harmed any of your kind and neither will we ever harm them. So, trust me when I say this Evelyn, we mean you no harm."

He smiles sweetly at her but Matt growls again. But this time, jealousy clear in them. I can see she had faltered a little. Her eyes softens as she looks at Alex. I knew he had to be present here as I had no patience whatsoever and I would only make things more complicated.

"Gerald."

She turned around to face me again. I squint my eyes at her upon hearing that name. The name alone ignited so much hate in me. He was the one who took her away from me. He was the reason for my loss. He was the reason for everything.

"What do you mean? Althea cursed him before she left this land. He has no power to a-" Matt starts but one look from Evelyn stops him.

"This is where you are wrong. The goddess did strip him of everything, but he still held us witch's captive." She breaths out loud. "He came back that day. We knew he was not the same, but we still couldn't do anything to him. He used our loved ones to make us do things for him. My parents-"

She gulps loudly, her eyes tearing up but she didn't let them past those glassy eyes. "He used me to get my parents to cast a dark spell. To make him powerful again. With that he's unbeatable. Even my power is useless once he gets a hold on me."

"Then how did you escape?" Alex seats sideways now, looking at her as she too turns to face him.

"Like I said, once he gets a hold on me. He-he killed my parents after they were of no use to him. At that point, I had no one holding me back so I used whatever tricks I had been hiding and escaped when he wasn't looking, I guess." She shrugs her shoulder.

"If-If he's as powerful as you said, how has he not been able to get to you yet?" Alex asks curiously.

"Like I said I got some tricks up my sleeves. Anyways enough about me." She turns to look at me. "You know, you might want to look out for him. But there's something about Althea that I need to tell you."

My hands on the desk tightens and I hear it crack under my hold. "What about her?"

"I feel like there's something wrong with her mind. I have tried to look through her memories. But I cannot retrieve any of them. Not from her childhood or even one from before she came here. She's all empty." She sighs.

"What do you mean?" Alex questions her, but she held my gaze as she answered.

"I mean that something very powerful is blocking her memories. Or-"

"Or what?" I growl.

"Or that body just doesn't belong to her." I stop breathing as my heart sinks deep inside. "I'm just saying that it's possible that she might have come here for a purpose."

She suddenly gets off, but her eyes were still on mine. "If you know what I mean. I, myself, don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but I hope you do have some idea."

An unknown feeling takes over my heart as it starts beating again. Thundering. Almost wanting to rip out of my chest. What did she mean by that?

A hope. Just a little hope starts to grow. Could it be? She- Althea-

She turns around and heads for the door but not before giving us a warning.

"He's the same monster now that he once was, but even more dangerous. You may want to alert your patrollers and tighten your security, just in case." Then she opens the door and leaves. Matt gives a slight nod as he runs after her.

"I hope you get what she means." Alex says breaking me out of my thoughts. I look at him as he too stands up to go.

"So, when are you leaving?" I ask him, curiously.

"When I know she's safe enough." He casually says with a shrug as he makes his way towards the door. "Even if it means that you have to stay here forever?" My voice was louder this time, halting him in his steps.

"Even if it means that I have to stay here forever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1M 349K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
82 16 7
In the ethereal realms beyond mortal perception, a guardian angel named Sylas was assigned a sacred duty just like all other guardian angels- to watc...
865 203 45
♠️ C O M P L E T E D ♠️ Enjoy x ••• My sleep was disturbed by a low mumbling. I opened my eyes and looked around. It was still dark out. I looked up...
1.3K 488 24
*Book Two Of The Federation Series* It is said that the moon goddess created supernatural beings that gain strength from the moon, creatures of the n...