Icy like diamonds || Ryeji

By itzyau

Arranged marriage AU Shin Ryujin, the girl surrounded by rumors, finds herself in an arranged marriage with H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Part 2

Chapter 17

8.4K 435 477
By itzyau

(Author's note: kind of short update but hopefully it's alright)

It somehow had already been nearly two months since Ryujin had first met her now fiancée and things hadn't got much easier for her since.

She thought with time surely they would grow close together. It was simply a matter of getting to know each other and letting life do its thing.

And yet, that was far from the reality she was facing.

As much as Ryujin had hoped they would get along, that was the furthest thing from the truth. Even after these glimpses of what could have been Yeji's humanity, nothing would ever come of it. Much to her dismay.

Truly, she had probably been expecting too much but wasn't it justified after the glimpses of an attitude change she occasionally got? Of course, they never lasted for long and consisted mostly of Yeji not being completely awful. It really wasn't positive, but it was better. Although, they'd end as fast as they came to happen. So Ryujin kept on giving herself false hope by holding unto those moments, thinking they must mean something.

After nearly two months, she could barely name 10 facts about Yeji. And she's sure the other wouldn't be able to do the same about her.

Honestly, after Yeji somehow joined her flour fight with Lia and then proceeded to help her clean up, Ryujin had been left filled with newfound hope and confidence. And yet, nothing came of it. She had tried, to have conversations and even to hang out with Yeji. But the older girl had been adamant in avoiding her. She wasn't even sure why.

Ryujin wanted to ask Yeji something. Or rather, for her permission. So that Yuna could spend the weekend at her house, with them. Her sister had been persistently annoying about it and Ryujin had ran out of patience so she would prefer to get it over with. Her original plan had been to wait until things with Yeji had got better however, that did not seem to be happening anytime soon.

"I'm going to ask you a question and before you say no, let me finish speaking."

That seemed to catch the other's attention, her eyes peaking behind the book she had been reading. "Go on then."

She sighed, preparing herself to argue in favor of her sister staying over.

"Can Yuna stay for the weekend?" She asked, taking a breath before continue her prepared speech for why she should be allowed over. "I already told her she wouldn't be allowed on your floor and that she should respect your privacy and personal space. I know she can be very energetic, it's like having a chihuahua around, but she'll be on her best behavior."

Yeji seemed to mull it over for a few seconds, nodding before looking back at her book. "Sure."

Ryujin blinked once, then twice. Staring at the girl who had so casually agreed to her request and was now giving her full attention to the book on her hands.

Then her mind went over how Yeji had also allowed Yuna inside her house, made breakfast for her, leaned Ryujin her personal car so she could drive her sister to school and even went as far as to compliment her looks.

Did Hwang Yeji have a crush on her sister?

Her face automatically frowned at the thought. Yuna might be, by any and all standards, beautiful, but she was far too young for someone Yeji's age. Besides, hadn't she told her that she was not interested in women? So why did she seem to have a soft spot for her sister, immediately upon meeting her?

"I can say no, if that would wipe that ugly frown from of your face."

Ryujin suddenly snapped out of her thoughts, realizing Yeji's eyes were on her again. Her eyebrows raised in curiosity and probably confusion. It wasn't as if she could or should explain why she had been frowning for the last however long. Instead of smiling as she should have been since Yeji had actually agreed to the Shin sisters' sleepover.

"No." She let out, waving both her hands around before chuckling. "I got lost in my thoughts. But I do want Yuna to stay over."

The other hummed, "If you say so."

That had been a day ago.

Now, it was Friday afternoon and Ryujin had picked Yuna up earlier. Luckily, Yeji seemed to care a little more than she normally did when it came to her sister. Something that still bothered Ryujin. She had even called Mr. handsome over so she wouldn't have to pick her up on her motorcycle. Which was good because she wasn't really sure how to drive with both Yuna and her bag.

It didn't mean Ryujin suddenly enjoyed Yeji's softness towards her sister, though. Both because it did seem a little wrong from her perspective and because Ryujin was deeply jealous of it. She wasn't ashamed to admit that either.

She too wanted her fiancée to compliment her, pay attention, occasionally make and have meals with her even if they don't have to and of course, to care about her enough to do thoughtful things. Such as calling her a driver whenever necessary.

Oh to be Shin Yuna.

"Stop being grumpy." Yuna poked her cheek, apparently she had been unknowingly looked bothered the entire drive to Yeji's house. Honestly, she hadn't noticed it. Her attention had been on her thoughts instead and on the possibility of Yeji really preferring Yuna to her.

"I'm not."

Her sister hummed. "You're not honest? Yes, I know."

Ryujin nudged her, earning a big smile from Yuna. "I was just thinking."

"About the love of your life?" Yuna's tone was exaggerated, clearly mocking her situation and how bad Ryujin had it with their parents' choice of fiancée.

"Love of my life my ass. She's the pain of my life, if anything."

Yuna shrugged, flashing her big smile once again. "I think she's nice."

"To you." She mumbled, scoffing. "I feel like I'm titanic and she's the iceberg whenever I'm around her."

"You mean, she's cold and it hits you so hard that you can't help but fall for her?" She wiggled her eyebrows, making her even more annoyed.

"I believe titanic drowned." She countered. "That's how it feels. Like I'm drowning."

"You're so dramatic."

"You only say that because you're not in my situation."

Yuna shrugged. "I'll be one day. I can only hope that they're at least as good looking as Yeji. You could have had it bad on both personality and looks, and yet you have one thing going for you."

"That only makes it worse, actually." She admitted, sighing dramatically as they arrived to the house.

"Don't worry, I won't tell her that you do find her attractive." Yuna winked, as they stood outside the door before opening it and for some reason, such comment only made her feel more uneasy about this sleepover.

"Yeji unnie." Yuna immediately yelled out, upon laying eyes on Yeji who had been walking towards the living room if her position was anything to judge by.

Ryujin grimaced at the words, hating how confident her sister was. Then again, so was she. Apparently, confidence ran in the family. Which didn't help her cause.

"Hello, Yuna." The monotone voice she had started to get used to spoke. Yeji only waving slightly before continuing her course towards the living room.

Ryujin nudged her sister, earning herself an eye roll from her. Luckily, Yeji didn't witness any of it.

Mr. handsome carried Yuna's baggage to what was the guest bedroom, located on the same floor as the living room. She was glad her and Yuna did not have to split her bed because she wasn't the most fond of sharing beds with others. And Yuna moved a lot, even during her sleep.

"Do you think she'll want to join?" Yuna asked in a whisper in spite of the fact there was no way Yeji could heard them from where they were.

"Doubt it but maybe she'll say yes if you're the one to ask."

Did Ryujin sound bitter? Because she felt the bitterness inside her growing each time Yuna and Yeji interacted.

Her sister nodded, walking towards the living room. With her trailing behind, letting out a deep breath of despair.

"Do you like movies?" She heard her sister ask, sitting far closer to Yeji than she would dare to.

Yeji hummed.

"Horror movies?" Her eyebrows wiggled but somehow it didn't seem to bother Yeji who simply shrugged.

"Don't have an opinion on them."

Yuna smiled brightly at the response, encouraged by the fact Yeji hadn't told her she hated that genre of movies. "Ryu and I are watching one tonight. Would you join us?"

The older girl seemed to hesitate, her lips in straight line as she considered carefully what answer to provide. Then, much to her surprise, Yeji's eyes met hers. Catching Ryujin off guard, meaning it felt like a punch to the stomach. That gaze that felt like it was burning holes into her skin despite the fact it wasn't an angry look she was on the receiving end of. It was neutral, at most.

She had been leaning unto the wall near the entrance of the living room, looking at both girls who were sitting on the couch. Giving them all her attention. And now, she was taken back by Yeji returning said attention.

"I'm free to join, yes." She answered while looking at Yuna and yet her gaze quickly diverted back to her. Making Ryujin just a little uncomfortable. Why was she looking at her?

Her eyebrows furrowed, breaking the eye contact that had been happening between them. It felt too tense for her to engage any further, although it had only lasted for less than five seconds. Her feet immediately moving as she walked to the kitchen, raiding Yeji's snacks for something to busy herself with.

"At least leave my favorites." Yeji spoke, causing her to flinch at the sudden voice behind her. Nearly dropping the snacks on her hand.

"Geez. Go easy on the jump scares." She joked, placing her hand over her heart.

Yeji only shaking her head and holding out a hand. "Pass me one?"

Ryujin looked to the snacks, wondering which the other girl would prefer. She thought back on all the information she had gathered over the course of the two months and how she had noticed her eating far too many snacks. However, she wasn't exactly aware of which were her favorites but she did know which she had noticed her eating the most.

She handed her the snacks she thought of, earning a brow raise from Yeji who reluctantly grabbed the snacks and opened the bag. "Those are pretty good." She pointed out, her finger pointing at the snack she had been holding on her left hand.

"It's my favorite." She announced with a smile.

The other girl only hummed. "Guess you don't have terrible taste." She seemed to nearly whisper. It was barely audible but she heard it, chuckling to herself.

"I don't know about that. After all, you're just my taste." She retorted, smirking before walking back into the living room. Leaving Yeji behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8K 2.4K 34
At a Korean high school, charming and rebellious Ryujin vies for the affections of a shy new student, Yeji. This is a journey of both Ryujin and Yeji...
438K 12.3K 41
Yeji, together with her friends, went to Jeju Island to celebrate their college graduation. While having a good time and living her life to the fulle...
5.4K 218 11
Jeyu, Ryujin and Yeji's daughter was curious about the love story of her parents. She asked her mama Ryujin to tell her how'd they met and that's the...
26.7K 706 12
// RYUJIN X YEJI 18+ // Hwang Yeji, who needed money to pay off her father's debt to save his life and Shin Ryujin, who found herself sitting in an a...