Quality Content ~Shayne x Rea...

By WallFlowerOutlet

You decide to drop everything and move LA to pursue your dream of acting. When you get a job at Smosh, you fi... More

Intro/Authors Note
Chapter 1: Here We Go
Chapter 2: Opportunities
Chapter 3: First Day - Part 1
Chapter 4: First Day - Part 2
Chapter 5: Official
Chapter 6: Road To The Apocalypse
Chapter 7: Competitions Begin
Chapter 8: Nose Bleed
Chapter 9: All In A Day's Work
Chapter 10: Movie Night
Chapter 11: Bellyflops
Chapter 12: Road Home
Chapter 13: Spin The Bottle
Chapter 14: Girls Night
Chapter 15: Girls Morning
Chapter 16: Boys n' Bras
Chapter 17: Nerf War
Chapter 19: Driving - Part 1
Chapter 20: Driving - Part 2
Chapter 21: Lies
Chapter 22: Disneyland
Chapter 23: She's A Beauty
Chapter 24: Popping The Question - Part 1
Chapter 25: Popping The Question - Part 2

Chapter 18: Shirt Return

2.6K 56 13
By WallFlowerOutlet

Y/N's POV:

I walk into my apartment and notice I'm still wearing Shayne's shirt. I decide to text him to see if he wants me to drop it off at his place, but partly because I want to see him.

Me

Hey, just realized I'm still wearing your shirt, do you want me to swing by your place to give it back?

Topp

How do you plan on getting to my apartment?

Me

I haven't exactly figured that part out yet lol

Topp

I figured. How about I come to your place?

Me

I mean, that's fine but I don't want you to go out of your way. I can just bring it into work tomorrow if you'd rather.

Topp

Too late, I'm on my way :)

-

I squeal slightly and then stop myself. He's just coming over to pick up his shirt, that's all. I start to tidy up the apartment a little bit. Meghan won't be home for almost another three hours because she has a meeting with a client. I fluff the pillows on the couch for some reason, I've never done that before. I guess I'm just trying to keep myself busy until Shayne gets here. I wonder if he'll just grab his shirt and go if he'll hang out for a bit. I check out how I look in the mirror. I adjust my crop top so my bra straps aren't showing and mess with my hair a little bit until I like how it looks.

About ten minutes later I hear my buzzer go off.

"Hello?" I say, pressing the speaker button.

"Hey, it's me." I hear Shayne's voice say.

"Come on up!" I reply and press the button to let him in. A moment later he knocks on my apartment door and I open it.

"Hey, how are you?" He smiles, leaning in the doorway.

"I'm doing alright, how are you?" I ask.

"Never better." He replies, "Nice place you got here, better than most other apartments in this building."

"Thanks, how do you know that?" I ask.

"I used to live in one down the hall from here." Shayne says.

I gesture for him to come in and he does, "Do you wanna stay for a bit? My roommate won't be home for like, three hours." I ask, hoping he'll agree.

"Sure. I don't have any plans." He nods.

"Great do you want to watch TV or something?" I smile.

"Yeah, sounds good." We sit down on my couch, well technically Meghan's couch, and I turn on the TV. Friends comes on and Shayne and I clap along to that one part in the theme song.

"How about we make some popcorn?" I suggest. Shayne nods and follows me over to the kitchen area. I grab a package of microwave popcorn and put it in the microwave. Shayne stands there awkwardly just looking around the apartment.

"How did you find this place?" Shayne asks.

"When I was still in Canada I was on craigslist looking for apartments in LA and I found this place that said Meghan was looking for a roommate. We started messaging and she seemed like she wasn't insane so I took it." I reply.

"Was it already this nicely decorated?" He asks.

"Yeah, I don't own like, anything here except for what's in my room." I say.

"You lucked out." Shayne laughs, "You're kinda screwed if you ever get kicked out though."

I nod and laugh a little because he's completely right. The microwave beeps and Shayne grabs the popcorn. We sit back down on the couch and I scoot a little closer to Shayne so I can reach the popcorn. He scoots closer to me too so we're touching.

I feel his hand brush against mine and then he intertwines our fingers. I smile to myself and put my head on his shoulder. We stay like that for the remainder of the episode. A new one begins and Shayne turns to face me. I look up at him, removing my head from his shoulder. I know what's about to happen before either of us move again. He looks me in the eyes and then his gaze flickers down to my lips. He hesitates for a second, unsure of how he should approach, before pressing his lips against mine.

The kiss is so gentle and passionate but yet aggressive at the same time. I feel Shayne's hands make their way to my waist and I loop one of my arms behind his neck and my other to run my fingers through his hair, kinda like how it was when we were acting, but this isn't acting. I put one of my legs over his and then he lifts me fully onto his lap, his hands guiding my hips as I bend my legs on either side of him. After a moment we both pull away slowly, almost as if we were thinking the exact same thing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" He says softly.

I cut him off, "It's okay, Shayne. It's just... I don't know..."

He nods, "So, we'll just, put this aside?"

"Yeah... I think that would be best." I reply.

We look at each other for a moment before laughing a little, and then a lot. I slide off his lap and flop down next to him.

"I can't believe I just tried to make a move!" Shayne laughs.

"I can't believe I let you!" I laugh.

We're both just laughing at the fact that we kissed, which is strange because I liked it but at the same time, I knew it was wrong, but then why did it feel so right?

"I should probably go before I get a parking ticket. I'm pretty sure I parked in a no-parking zone." Shayne smiles, standing up.

"You should really try to pay attention to signs when you're driving." I laugh.

"Coming from the girl who doesn't drive." Shayne smirks.

"Touche." I say, he reaches for the door handle, "Wait!" I run into my room and grab his shirt, "This is the whole reason you came over!"

Shayne takes his shirt and chuckles, "Not exactly the whole reason I came over here but it was the prompt."

I smile and shake my head before pushing him out the door. He laughs and waves goodbye.

I close the door and slide down the back of it, like people do in movies. What just happened? I chuckle quietly to myself as I replay what just happened in my head.

My thoughts are interrupted by the door opening a crack before hitting me, stopping it from opening fully.

"Y/N?" Meghan says poking her head in the door, "What are you doing on the floor?"

I pause, "What are you doing home so early?"

"Is this what you do when I'm not home? You sit on the floor?" Meghan laughs.

"No, this is a one-time thing." I reply.

I stand up and brush myself off. Meghan looks at me for a second.

"Did you have a boy over?" She asks.

"Wha- How do you know that?" I stutter, taken aback by her question.

"You smell slightly of men's cologne. And there's an empty thing of popcorn on the coffee table and we both know you can't eat one of those by yourself." Meghan laughs.

"Okay, you caught me." I raise my hands up innocently.

She laughs and I go into my room. I close the door and put on music. I start dancing and singing along to it, using my hairbrush as a microphone. I try to recreate some of the moves they do in the music videos but fail every time, I don't care though.

I'm interrupted by my phone ringing, I turn down my music and answer it, it's Courtney.

"Shayne just told me you guys kissed!" She says excitedly.

"Already? That happened like, fifteen minutes ago." I laugh.

"He's one of my best friends and I'm his love advisory. He has to tell me these things so I can keep a stable database of his love life so he doesn't fall into a hole of loneliness." Courtney explains.

"Um okay, that's kinda weird..." I say.

"So, how was it? Was he good? I've sent him a few videos in the past on how to kiss but I don't know if-"

"He was good, it only happened for a second though, and then we both agreed that we shouldn't be kissing and then I kicked him out, lovingly though." I laugh.

"What? Ugh, okay. I have to make a few adjustments to my graphs." Courtney sighs, "I'll see you tomorrow, do you want a ride?"

"Sure, that'd be great. Bye, love you!" I say.

"Love you too!" Courtney says back and I hang up.

I used to be a huge Shourtney shipper before I actually started working at Smosh, now I see how strange their relationship is and how they really would never work. I turn my music back up and dance until I'm too tired to move anymore. I may not be good at dancing, but I have fun doing it, and that's the whole point, right? Dancing also helps take my mind off things, but this time, my mind is still racing with one thing; Shayne.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 622 34
Ever since the party, Courtney's views on Shayne shifted. She can't stop thinking about him and ends up falling for him all over again. When Shayne...
12.2K 137 30
(REPUBLISHED THIS!! OG WRITTEN IN 2019!!!) Damien and y/n know they love each other, but can't be together- why? y/n moves to La knowing she'd work...
15K 160 12
Started off as just a Damien book then I realized Shayne doesn't have many imagines books either so...here you go
9.8K 137 7
☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ "𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧', 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧', 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭" sho...