Love Is Hard

Bởi eniola_writes

"why can't you just stop pushing me?" I asked him. I was damn fraustated , leading me on and then pushing me... Xem Thêm

Author's note
cast
💔1💔
💔2💔
💔3💔
💔4💔
💔5💔
💔6💔
💔7💔
💔8💔
💔9💔
💔10💔 (1st heartbreak.)
💔11💔
💔12💔
💔13💔
💔14💔
💔15💔
💔16💔
💔17💔
💔18💔
💔💔19
💔20💔
💔21💔
💔22💔
💔23💔
💔24💔
💔25💔
💔27💔
💔28💔
💔29💔
💔30💔
💔31💔
💔32💔
💔33💔
💔34💔
💔35💔
💔36💔
💔37💔
💔38💔
💔39💔
💔40💔
41
42
💔43💔
💔44💔
💔45💔
💔46💔
💔47💔
💔48💔
💔49💔
💔50💔
AUTHOR'S NOTE
💔51💔
💔52💔
💔53💔
💔54💔
💔55💔
💔56💔
💔57💔
💔58💔 {end of part I}
author's / appreciation's note
prologue 2
💔59💔
💔60💔
💔61💔
💔62💔
💔63💔
💔64💔
💔65💔
💔66💔
💔67💔
💔68💔
ANNOUNCEMENT

💔26💔

1.2K 304 96
Bởi eniola_writes

An update oo ,
I was supposed to update yesterday night but miss/ mister sleep just came to visit me.
Anyway this is it
Enjoy.

MERCY'S POV

My head was pounding , like literally pounding. The way people pound yam with that pestle , that was how my head was pounding.

I groaned as I sat straight in my bed. I guess this is the hang over head ache they all talk about inside books and movies , and trust me it was bad.

I tried to remember all what happened and then the picture of Teni kissing a girl came back to me. Why will he do that ? , Why will he just decide to do that?

I picked my waist bag which was on the bed side table and removed my phone . Different tests and missed calls notifications designed the lock page and it was all from a particular person , Teni.

FLASHBACK

"Babe , I got you something." Teni whispered in my ears as we walked to that iya Amala joint .

I remembered when he told me he wanted to give me something but we both forgot cause of the dancing and also the  cooking of his five star jellof rice.

My face beamed at the idea of getting something , I don't know why it just did.

"Okay so what did you get?" I asked ,
He chuckled as he opened his bag and stopped walking.

I stopped beside him too and looked at him.as he opened his bag and brought out a small black  box and it obviously caught my attention.

He opened it , and it was a necklace with the half moon as it's pendant. The necklace was silver with pearl covering the half moon , it was simple and breathtaking.

"Wow this is beautiful." I gasped out as I took it all in. He wore a large grin,

"Thank God you like it, I was doubting my choice a little." He said gently removing it from the box.

He placed it round my neck , standing behind me to hook it , I could feel his breath and smell his usual cologne.

When he was done I touched the pendant and looked down at it ,
"Thank you Teni." I said looking at him , he hugged me instead , "no thank you for being in my life."

..........

I cleaned the tear that dropped as I remembered that moment.

I sighed and stood up , I was still in my party clothes but my jewelries and shoes were off.

I picked my towel and hung it round my neck before walking out of my room.

"Mercy , come to the kitchen." Hakeem called out from the kitchen.

I turned to that direction instead of the bathroom's. "Good morning." I said when I entered.

I looked around the kitchen , Hakeem was cooking breakfast or maybe lunch , I didn't check the time.

"Good afternoon, it's close to one pm and you should take the aspirin on the counter , it will help with the headache." He said smoothly ,

I looked at the counter and the aspirin was laying there. I opened the bottle and brought out two pills , I hate taking pills but I didn't have much choice here. I took it and quickly drank water after.

"Thanks for yesterday." I said quietly.
"Is it for puking on me or for bringing you home ." He asked turning back to face me.

"For everything ." I muttered before remembering he said puke.

When did I puke on him oo , ahhh, someone's child.

"I puked on you? I'm so sorry , like seriously sorry." I said looking as remorseful as I could.

He smiled and nodded, "it's okay. So how are you?" He asked concern laced in his voice and eyes.

"I'm not fine at all. I just feel like maybe this is a dream and I will soon wake up but I keep finding out that it isn't. " I said quietly.

He walked closer and hugged me , his hug felt warm, he gave me a comforting tap on my back as I almost cried out but I didn't. He pulled out,

"What even happened?" He asked me ,
"I caught Teni kissing someone else." I whispered out and then it hit me again.

"He's a big asshole for doing that. " He said with a frown making me chuckle,
"He claims that he was drunk." I said back,
"So you're going to forgive him?" He asked looking me straight in the eyes making me shudder.

"No of course not . once a cheat , always a cheat." I simply said back and walked out of the kitchen.

...........

I checked the class well , Teni was sitting down in our usual seats with mine empty , immediately I entered the class his eyes caught mine.

He even stood up and walked up to me but I just passed him and sat beside the beautiful Hausa or Fulani girl I talked about , Atami.

She looked surprise to see me sitting beside her and since the time we started the class this was my actual first time interacting so close to her.

Teni stood still at the front of the class as he watched me settle down in my new seat. Some people who caught the scene were throwing remarks around.

I took a good look at Teni and he looked so unlike himself. He was wearing a very tired look , and he wasn't as enthusiastic as he would be every Monday morning.

"Are you two fighting?" I heard a tiny voice ask me. I shifted my gaze from Teni to Atami ,
She was dressed in her usual Ankara patterned gown . And a head tie making her face look more beautiful.

"Yeah we are." I said back with a sigh. We were expecting the big madam anytime from now and I was really wishing she'll come early so I can leave the damn class.

"Okay." She simply said back not even asking for the reason , she kept her curiousness in check and I liked that about her.

Dr Mojere entered into the class and we all muttered our greetings, she replied as she dropped her bag and brought out her laptop.

"Good morning once again. We stopped at the contemporary artists , so can someone remind me the last artist we talked about and also his works ." She asked and immediately people's hand flew up.

.........

"Please wait up." I heard Teni say from behind me before. Pulling me back . I removed my hands from his grip harshly .

He looked at his hands before dropping them back beside him ,

"I'm so sorry Mercy , I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing." He said in a low voice , his eyes were begging me to believe him .

"That's not an excuse Teni , it's not a fucking excuse. So everytime you tell me you're going to a party , you kiss different girls . Because that's what it seems like." I said back with a glare

"I'm sorry , I swear this was the first time I made the mistake. Mercy please just give us one more chance.... " He was cut off with his phone ringing.

He ignored it and wanted to continue but the phone rang again. He pleaded for me to stay then brought out his phone.

Immediately he picked the call his while face fell like he was about to cry. Wat was happening?

"You can't just be telling me that mum ....... Which hospital are you at? ......... Okay I'll be there shortly...... Hope she's fine ? ... Okay I'm coming ... Oh I'll tell her."

When he was done , I looked at him worriedly , "what's wrong?" I asked him worried , he looked like he was about to mourn someone and also with the hospital he was mentioning .

"It all started with a car accident six years back , while the rest of us managed to survive with only physical injury , Nini's lung were affected and since then she had difficulty breathing since there was a hole there. And she's too young for surgery.

I know you don't have to come but please can you come with me , she said she wanted to see you. If you don't want I could just make up an excuse or something , don't feel pressured." He said,

I sighed , when I saw her the last time she looked so healthy  that I couldn't even guess that she was as sick as that. Since the time Teni and I started dating , I  talk to her daily , anytime she calls Teni and she was a sweet girl who didn't deserve that.

Of course I would go for her , if she wants me there ,I will be there.

"Let's go ."
"Thank you so much."
"Yeah."

We entered the car and he sped off to wherever the hospital was and for the first time ever we had a silent drive. That has never happened before.

After Forty five minutes or so he entered the LUTH large compound. He parked his car and stepped out of his car. I also stepped out of the car and he walked there showing he was all too familiar with the environment.

"I'm really sorry for all this ." He said but I could tell his mind was far away  , he loved his sister . It was very clear to see that , especially when they were together.

"It's okay Teni. " I said back , he nodded and after walking pass different buildings we finally reached the one.

He walked inside greeting the security man standing at the door. The cool air of the building embraced me , and cooled me down from the hot sun.

We walked to pass difference doctors and nurses , I guess his mum has sent him the room number cause after walking we stood in front of the door.

While working I noticed the people here are in a critical condition , how bad is her condition , well she has a hole in her lungs so I guess it's that bad.

I placed my hand on his , giving him the courage he needed , he looked up at the sudden touch , "thanks." He said .

I nodded to that , and he pushed the door knob , making the door open.

I looked at the ward , it was only her inside and a cylinder was placed next to her , giving her oxygen or I don't know through the pipe which was placed in form of a mask on her face. She looked thinner than usual and that was something , since she was a thin girl already.

My heart broke when I took in their mum's appearance , she her eyes were puffy and red , Teni gently removed his hands from mine and walked to his mum , hugging her.

"They say she needs the surgery now." His mum sobbed into his chest , I could see the tear which fell to his cheek as he looked at his sister.

I quickly cleaned my face when I realized I was even crying , this scene was enough to make someone cry.

When she pulled out she finally noticed me ,
"Mercy  you're here . Thanks for coming she said she wanted to see you too. " Her voice broke at the end but she cleared her throat and continued.

"How are you?" She asked , but I just pulled her into a hug. " Thank you darling." She said back .

I pulled back , "when will she wake up." I asked her with a sad smile.

"She's sensitive to noise so I'm sure she will soon wake up. Since you're here let me get something to eat too. I'll be back.".

Who was expecting that ?
No one.

I feel so bad for Teni ,
Who else does?

And what do you think will happen now?

Okay lemme go ,
Update might come today or tomorrow but Mercy is just disturbing me to keep on writing.

And we are now at  3k!! Thank you so much .

Vote , comment and share to your friends

Love y'all

Eniola 💗

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

85.8K 13.4K 52
" Idara it's not like that , let me explain . " He said begging her again but she had made up her mind. "Look everything and everyone is saying it's...
1.9K 219 24
First of all, the story is based on a traditional average Nigerian family. Belle was born to a struggling single mother, well not really single, but...
288K 49.9K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...
22.8K 3.1K 64
She spun the bottle and it faced Charles. "Truth or Dare?" "Dare." Charles responded. She smirked and dared; "I dare you to kiss Rose." Rose was shoc...