The Best Kept Secret!

By writersosa

They say what's in the past keep it in the past but I wanted to know all about my past. It was things that I... More

Chapter One: My First Choice
Chapter Two: Be careful what you wish for!
Chapter Four: Pain
Chapter Five: Timing is everything!
Chapter Six: All hell breaks loose!
Chapter Seven: Peace!

Chapter Three: A wish come true!

6 2 0
By writersosa

The new year had finally rolled in. So did the new semester of school, everything was going good. Harley and I were still going strong. We had grown closer and closer as I began spending more and more time with him and his parents. Which was good cause they love my company. My brother and I were getting closer as we would talk on the phone and hang out sometimes. My grandmother was loving it and me her relationship was strong now. As far as my mom, it was still a struggle for me, but I was trying.

After class today Harley and I were going to go out on a date tonight. I was so happy and excited.

"Girl, what are you going to wear?" Jordan asked excited for me as I was looking at Jessica staring me down for no absolute reason. Rolling my eyes, I looked away.

"I think I'm going to wear a dress that I ordered from Fashion Nova. Its olive green and has a split in the side."

"Oh, baby girl going to be trying to get some to tonight huh?" She said snapping her hands in the air.

"No, but I want to look good," I said laughing at her crazy behind.

"So where are you all going?" She asked being really noisy.

"Girl, I don't know. He will not tell me, all I know is that I need to be ready by seven tonight."

"See now that is what I'm talking about. Where are all the other guys like Harley at? Ugh, I'm so jealous." She said as she put her head in her hands and acting like she was stressed.

"Girl stop playing. the right guy will come along and swoop you up. Just don't rush it."

After my last class was over, I made my way home and could have sworn somebody was following me again, but I wasn't sure. Getting in the house I rushed past my grandma and headed for the shower so I could start getting ready.

My dress fit perfectly, and I had curled my hair and let it hang on my shoulder, finishing my makeup it was exactly 7:00 p.m. and I heard the doorbell ring. I heard my grandma getting the door and talking to Harley. I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. Walking down the stairs I saw that my baby was dressed in some dress pants and an olive-green dress shirt. He had a fresh cut and beard lined up. He looked so damn good.

"Hey baby," I said as he grabbed my hand.

"Let me get a picture of you guys." My grandma said as she ran to get her phone.

Laughing I blushed at how Harley was looking me over.

"You look absolutely stunning baby." He took my hand and spun me around.

My grandmother came back and took a couple of pictures of us with her phone. Afterward, I told her to send some to mama and we were out of there. Harley opened the door for me as he got into the driver's side of his truck and sped off.

"So how did you know what color I was going to be wearing?" I said as I smirked at him as he held my hand.

"Well you know I might have talked to Jordan or something like that." He said as he squeezing my hand.

"Sneaky. I knew you were up to something. Where are we even going?"

"You will see."

As we cruised through the streets, I saw that we were making our way downtown. Pulling into a parking lot I saw a place named JIMMY'S SOUL. It looked like an expensive restaurant, yet it was really pretty and elegantly decorated on the outside.

Opening my door, he helped me out the car.

"This is where I wanted to take you." He said as he grabbed my hand, we walked towards the entrance.

"This is nice of you," I said as we were being seated.

"Yeah, this is where my parents first went on a date back in the day." He said as he kept looking at me.

Moving my hair out my face I blushed hard. As we were meeting for the first time. He made me get butterflies.

"Harley stop staring at me," I said as we gave our orders for our food.

"I just can't help it. You make me feel so lucky. Call it cheesy but girl I'm so glad your all mines." He said flashing that sexy ass smile at me.

"Well, I'm glad I'm yours too."

We consumed our delicious food and made our way to the dance floor. We held each other close as more couples gather on the floor and danced too.

We had a good time and I almost didn't want the night to end but we had class in the morning.

Driving home I was on cloud nine and was feeling good. The night was perfect. Pulling up to my grandma's house he opened the door for me and walked me to the front door.

"I had a good time tonight," I said as I pulled him closer to me.

"I did too baby. There will be plenty more dates like this." He said moving his hand under the slit of my dress.

"Excuse me, mister, what are you doing?" as he moved his hands over my lady parts. My heart raced and I blushed really hard. Leaning up against the front door I grabbed his hand.

"Come on baby. I know you wore this dress for me. You look amazing in it and I know even better without it." He said as he kissed me hard and put his hands inside my panties. I didn't know what had gotten into Harley, but I liked it. Kissing him I moaned as he felt my wetness and stroked it. He pressed up against me and began sucking on my neck.

Grabbing his hand, I stopped him and pulled my dress down as I saw some of our neighbors walking their dog. I waved embarrassed.

Breathing kind of hard, they waved back, and Harley started laughing as he wiped my lips.

I guess ill let you off the hook this time. he said as he kissed me.

"What has gotten into you tonight?" I said grabbing him by the collar for another kiss.

"It's you that's has got me acting up." He said as he squeezed my ass and he stepped back. Licking his lips, he grinned as if he was hurt, we couldn't proceed to do what we were doing.

"You better get home safely." Kissing him and opening the door.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear as he walked off.

Closing the door behind me, I rushed upstairs to take a nice hot shower to calm myself down from Harley. Calling it a night I knew I could not wear that dress again around him. Smiling I drifted off to sleep.

Getting up quickly I was running late for class and had to hurry. I threw on some leggings and an oversized tee-shirt. Grabbing my things, I rushed past my grandma saying good morning and walked out to my car and noticed that I had a flat tired.

"Ugh, man." I got out my cellphone and called Harley hoping, he wasn't already at school.

"Good morning baby." He answered.

"Bae, I need you to come pick me up. I got a flat tire and I'm already late for class." I said while texting my mama what happened.

"Yeah, I'm on my way." He said as he hung up.

"Hello," I answered as my dad was calling me.

"Hey baby girl, how did you get a flat tire?" He asked curiously.

"I don't know I didn't even drive my car yesterday," I said hoping he wasn't mad after all they had spent to get me this car.

"Okay well, I'm at work now. When I get off me and your mom will be up there today to come to check it out. Just got to school and don't worry about I will handle it."

"Okay thanks, dad." I hung up as I saw Harley get out of the car and walk towards me.

"Hey. Damn you do have a flat?" He said looking at my car.

"Yeah, I told my parents they will be up here later when I get done with my classes today," I said walking to the car.

After all my classes it seemed like the day was going by so slow. I was ready to go home. Finishing up my conversation with Jordan I saw when Harley waved for me to go, he was about to leave. Getting home I saw Mr. and Mrs. Banks there with a mechanic guy. Walking over to them, I saw that my tire had been replaced.

"Hey, mama. Hey dad." I said as I hugged them.

"This is my boyfriend Harley," I said feeling him towering over me.

Everyone greeted one another. But then my dad had a stern look on his face.

"What's wrong dad?"

"Baby this wasn't just a flat tire, the tire looked like it was stabbed multiple times." He said looking at me. I looked up at Harley.

"My stalker," I said underneath my breath.

"What?" My mama said.

Taking a deep breath, I had told them about what had been happening with all the roses, and the Christmas gift. Also how somebody been following me trying to run me off the road which I had completely forgotten about until now. It made Harley mad and so were my parents for not telling them sooner.

"This seems to be getting serious. Why haven't you told us?" My dad questioned me.

"Dad, I didn't know I didn't think it was serious until now. Harley and I think it could be one of his friends."

My dad immediately looked at Harley and told him to come take a ride with him. This can't be good. They got Harley's truck and left.

"Mama, I didn't want to make dad mad. I just didn't know how serious this was."

"It's okay and he just being protective of you. But you need to get this understood right now. Harley is your boyfriend okay cool, but we are your parents, right? If you respect us, then we would come first before Harley and you will tell us what's going on. When you are getting harassed like this it's us that's needs to know and your grandma. That means someone has been sneaking on to her property and trespassing. We got you this car and we take care of you. Me your dad and your grandma. So not let me find out that something like this is going on and only you and your boyfriend knows about it. Do you understand me?" She said loud and sternly.

"Yes, mama." I swallowed hard because I had clearly underestimated the situation and had never seen Mrs. Banks or Mr. Banks so upset.

My Grandma came out of the house and didn't look too happy either with me. She said that she was going to have some house cameras installed and get the locks changed and got in her car and left.

My mom waved bye to her.

"Now look young lady I want you to listen to me. Go in there and pack clothes for about a week. Your dad is going to take your car for a week and keep it at our place so we can try to catch this person who has been doing this."

Packing my duffel bag, I was completely feeling scared now that I had been ignoring this for so long and had managed to piss everyone else off about it. Grabbing my stuff, I got in my car and mama got into hers as we drove over to Harley's house. Curious I was so confused as to why we are at my boyfriend's house. Parking we went inside. All eyes were on me. The tension was so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

"Hi," I whispered.

"Hey, honey." Mrs. Cannon said as she hugged.

Everyone moved to the den and had a seat. Harley sat beside me and I could feel that he was scared too.

Mr. Cannon spoke first.

"How long has this been going on Emily?"

"It has started ever since Harley and I have been dating." Looking at Harley.

"What exactly was this person doing?"

"They were leaving red roses on my car. I thought they were from Harley that's why I didn't think anything of it until recently when I asked him about it, and he said it wasn't him. Then when we had gone to that HUB party at the beginning of last semester, I was driving home, and somebody was driving really fast and tailing me. They almost ran me off the highway but when I took the exit, they weren't behind me. Then Christmas came I saw a bouquet of red roses and a box of lingerie with a letter that said I want you to see you in this or something like that. But I threw it away the next day I went to my parent's house."

"You didn't think to tell us?" My dad interjected.

"Dad, I'm sorry. But after that last gift, I haven't received anything else." I said biting my lip.

"Harley what about this Aron? Do yall really think it could be him?" Mr. Cannon asked.

"Pop, she told me how she doesn't feel comfortable around him and how he's always staring at her. I saw how he would constantly try to flirt with her and give her compliments but I didn't really notice until she had told me how she felt around him."

"Okay Emily, I'm going to look into all of this. I'm going to dust your car for prints, and you will be going down to the station with me later to get a case started against him if the prints come back to be his. Also to file a restraining order if need be. But for this upcoming week, you are going to stay with us. Since I'm a cop I don't think anyone will be stupid enough to walk their ass on my property. Your parents are going to keep your car until this blows over. From now on you too need to tell us everything that happens from here on out. We know that you and Harley are dating now and you could be making someone angry, but I don't care how you guys think you can handle it, if something else happens tell us. We are your parents and we care about you all. Let's not take this lightly anymore. Tell no you not even your friends until we figure out who this is and who is all involved okay."

"Okay," I said nervously.

My dad and mama walked outside, and I followed as they mentioned for me too. Standing on the porch my dad gave me a long hug.

"I'm sorry dad. I promise to tell you everything from now on." I cried in his arms.

"Its okay baby. Just know that I care about you so don't not tell me things when they can be handled right away. I don't play about two things and that's you and my wife. We are going to be checking in on you every other day."

"Okay," I said as I wiped my eyes and my mama gave me a hug as she watched her husband get in my car and drive off.

"Now no one is mad at you, okay. But do not use this opportunity to be careless, you know what I mean."

Looking at her I knew exactly what she meant. Me and Harley. "You are grown and you can make your own decisions but think before you do so okay." She kissed me on my cheek and left. Watching her speed off. I was overwhelmed.

Going back into the house the Cannon's were still sitting there talking. I sat down beside babe and zoned out to why was this happening to me. I had my own problems that I haven't fully resolved yet. Paying attention again I heard Mr. Cannon say come here as he stood up. He hugged me.

"We are going to protect you and we know you got other things that you are dealing with, but we are here for you." He said as he let me go.

"You guys behave and respect this house," Mrs. Cannon said towards her son.

Going into Harley's room I plopped down on the bed. Looking up at Harley as he stood over me.

"I know that look and you have nothing to be worried to about. I promise you. My dad is packed with all kinds of guns around this house, there's even one in my room so it's going to be okay." He said as he kissed me and then went into the bathroom.

Shaking my head, I just hoped that he was right that everything would be okay.

Over the next few days, everything seemed to go okay. Mr. Cannon had no leads as to who it was that slashed my tires but was still working on it. He did find out that it was Aron's prints in my car, so we filed a restraining order against him. He was to come nowhere near me even when I'm at school and school officials were made aware of this. My grandma was finally talking back to me and had cameras installed and said that Trey had been staying with her for protection even though my grandma was licensed to carry. Trey still insisted. I went to school and basically came back to my boyfriend's house. My parents checked in on me and would stop by. Everything seemed good. It was the day before Harley's birthday, and everything was planned. His parents had rented a place for him to have his party for his twenty-second birthday. He invited all of his friends, and security was to be heavily enforced. I have gotten him the perfect gift which was his medical books that he would need to go to grad school when he graduated and some scrubs. I also got him a Rolex that he has been eyeing every time that would we go to the mall. I was nervous about the party, but I was not going to ruin his day. I just didn't want to see Aron.

Sitting downstairs watching tv and doing my homework, I was making sure that the dress I had ordered earlier this week would arrive today on time as it was supposed to.

"How's the homework coming along?" Mr. Cannon asked me as he grabbed a beer out of the fridge.

"It's coming along."

"What are you majoring in again?"

"Nursing."

"Oh, okay no wonder you guys are the perfect match yall both love that medicine stuff huh?"

Yes, and your son is very good at it. It loves medicine and will be a great doctor someday."

"Yes, I'm starting to see that now, he's never come home with bad grades and nothing lower than a C. I guess I should I stop pestering him about following in my footsteps huh?" He said sadly.

"Mr. Cannon, if I may say this he respects you so much and looks up too you. But if he was a cop like you, he just wouldn't be happy. He wants to help people just like you just in a different way. I said sincerely. You guys have done a good job with him. You should be very proud of him."

"I understand I don't know why it's taking him to about to graduate for me to see it now." He got up and patted my shoulder and walked into his room.

Looking at the tv I wonder if that was the right thing to say to him. Getting back to my homework I let the thought fly over my head. I knew that his dad would come around eventually.

Seeing Harley walk in the door, he was happy.

"Hey, baby." He came and sat beside me.

"Hey, where have you been?"

"Just been getting everything set up for my party tomorrow."

"Oh, okay," I said looking nervous.

"Baby everything is going to go fine. My dad has got security covered and is going to working with security. He not to come there at all remember the restraining order." He kissed me and grabbed my hand.

Following him upstairs he locked his door.

"Baby I know what your thinking, but we can't do this," I said as I saw him turning on some music.

Looking at him take his shirt off as the "Ocean" by TK Kravitz feat Jacquees played in the background. He licked his lips as he kicked his shoes off.

"Harley". I said trying to get his attention by snapping my fingers.

He started taking my shirt off and sliding off my sweatpants. He laid me down on the bed and kissed me all over.

"Baby," I said struggling to stay focus. "What about your parents?"

Stopping and looking at me. "Baby, I have been waiting since thanksgiving to get some again. As long as your quite they won't know." He said smiling flashing that deep dimple at me again.

"So, you couldn't wait until tomorrow at least?" I said getting from under him and climbing on top of him.

"As a matter of fact, I can't." He said slapping my ass. "Why can't I get my gift early?"

The song "Every Kind of Way" by H.E.R played and that's all it took for me to make love to my boyfriend.

I sucked on his bottom lip and kissed him slowly. I grabbed him by the chin and looked in his eyes. I took off my bra and panties.

He muttered perfection under his breath as he watched me.

I kissed him again as I made my way down to his pants and unzipped them. I took his manhood in my mouth and went to work. I heard him groan out in pleasure, so I figured what I was doing right. He kept moaning that he had to grab the remote and turn the music up. I came up for air and he flipped me over on my back and devoured my lady parts. Pleasure traveled all over my body and I gripped the sheets as he looked at me as he was doing what he was doing. I was so turned on it was like it was our first time all over again. He came up and kissed me as he inserted his fingers inside of me. I moved and arched my back, it was feeling so good. He kissed me more and grabbed a condom out of the drawer. I watched as he put it on. I climbed on top of him as I saw him get excited. I inserted him into me and flipped my hair back out my face as I grind on him slowly. He grabbed my hips and I placed my hands on his chest as we both grind in unison.

"Damn baby," he said as he was about to climax, he flipped me over on all fours to where he was hitting it from the back and he quickened the pace which sent me moaning out loud. His pace quickens and at this point, the bed frame was hitting the wall. At this moment we didn't care. I moan out loud in pleasure and he gripped my hips tighter as we both finally climaxed together. He laid on top of me and smiled.

"So, was you planning that little thing you did with your mouth?" He said as rubbed his finger across my lips.

"Something like that." I laughed. "You're not the only one who has a freaky side."

"I see. Shit, you showed me. I love you baby." He said as he kissed me.

"I love you! Do you want to take a shower with me now?" I smirked at him as I walked slowly in the bathroom as "Fortunate" by Maxwell played.

Following me as he grabbed another condom, we had round two in the shower and the night ended in pure bliss.

Waking up beside Harley, I kissed him all over until he woke up.

"Happy Birthday, Baby."

"Thank you, baby." He got up and went to the bathroom.

While he was away, I got all his gifts out and put them on the bed before he could catch me. He opened the door and smiled. I got up hugged him.

"Sneaky. You are so sneaky Em."

"Well, I wanted to give them to you now instead of later when you are with all your friends."

He walked over and opened up all his gifts and put his head in his hands. I think he was crying.

"Baby, what's wrong? You don't like it?" Kneeling down in front of him.

"No baby I love it. Thank you I'm just so glad that you believe in me. Cause it's hard to get my dad too." He said kissing me as I wiped a tear from his face.

"Well, I had talked to him yesterday and I think he gets it's now. I said smiling. You don't want to try on your Rolex?" I pulled the tag off of it.

"Of course, I'm going to wear it tonight."

"Great. Well, I'm going to get dressed and we can head downstairs." We finally had on some clothes and he headed downstairs to birthday decorations everywhere.

"Ah, mom you didn't have to do all this." Harley went over to his mom and kissed her on the cheek.

"Happy birthday, son. You're are our only child so I will do what I want. Breakfast will be ready in a bit. Good morning Emily." She said as she smiled towards me.

We all had breakfast and laughed together. Harley was so excited that him and his dad went to the barbershop right after eating.

Mrs. Cannon and I got ready as we got dressed. I put on an off the shoulders black sheer dress that stopped mid-thigh. No split this time but it had ruffles as it cupped at my chest and was form-fitting. I decided to do my hair in an up due this time with a nice side swoop. I threw on some gold hoops and my necklace he gave me and some strappy high heels. I looked good. Just then Harley came in his room and stopped dead in his tracks looking at me.

"Damn Em, my heart can't take it. You keep this up and I'm not going to make it to my next birthday." He said he kissed me on my neck not trying to mess up my makeup.

"Thank you, baby," I answered some text messages as he got dressed. He had on a pair of black denim jeans, and a custom made basketball jersey that had his name on it. It had accents of gold in it and he put on some gold and black Jordans and threw on his gold Rolex and some gold chains. Baby looked good okay. He pulled me to him as he looked at us in the mirror and took a picture. We made our way downstairs and his parent's eyes lit up as they saw us.

"Wow, you guys look like a power couple." His father said he snapped some pictures.

"Beautiful." Mrs. Cannon said as shed a tear.

"Mom stop crying. It's a party, not prom or something." Harley laughed. We all got in our cars as we drove a good hour to the destination for the party. Going inside everyone was screaming happy birthday to the birthday boy and coming up to us. I got a little overwhelmed as I squeezed Harley's hand. He took control and we maneuver through the crowd to what was supposed to be a VIP section, but you would've have known from all his friends up there. Music played loudly and the DJ began to play popular hit songs that had people dancing like crazy. All his guy friends from the team were where we were and there was no sign of Aron thank god. Looking around I saw Mr. Cannon in his police attire at the front entrance. There also security that was spaced out all around the perimeter.

"Girl where the heck did you get that dress from?" Jordan yelled over the music to me.

"You already know Fashion Nova," I said as I twirled around.

Coming up behind me was Trey and he hugged me. "How you been." He whispered in my ear.

"I've been good so far, I just hope that tonight goes good," I said looking at him all swagged out. my brother and I definitely knew how to look good.

"Well, Harley told me what was up so I'm on the lookout. You look great by the way." He said as he hugged me again.

Before I knew it, somebody came up behind me and grabbed me by the shoulder snatching me off of trey so hard they popped my locket necklace around my neck. Looking back, it was Jessica and I immediately slapped her. This girl had lost her damn mind.

"You bitch. You already got a man and here you are hugged up with my man again." She said as she flew back into the seat behind her.

Harley grabbed me real quick as I began to taking off my shoes to throw at her. He moved me away from her as I watched my heel his her dead in the mouth. I saw Trey cursing her out for what she just did.

"Bae put me down!" I said pissed as he sat me down. People were looking at us but the DJ kept the party going. Security came up along with Harley's dad.

"I want her out of here," I said to Mr. Cannon and he did not hesitate to have her removed.

Trey came over an apologized as he followed Mr. Cannon.

"Babe are you good?" Harley asked as he helped me fix my hair.

"Yes, I'm good but she broke my damn necklace," I said mad as hell.

"It's okay we can get that fixed. Just stay by me from now on." He kneeled and helped me put back on my heels.

As the party went on, we all went on and enjoyed ourselves. Harley had so many gifts and a lot of birthday cards. As the party began to whine down, we all started to takes his gift to the car and pack up the food.

"Baby put that on the floor so it doesn't get in the seat." We both packed his truck. My mind was roaming a mile a minute. I couldn't get over the incident with Jessica. On the ride home, I was completely irritated by the whole situation.

"Babe, do you hear me talking to you?" Harley said getting mad at me.

"What are you saying?" I asked him as he got onto the highway.

"I asked you are you okay? You haven't said a word since the party ended." He said looking over at me.

"Yes, I'm fine its just that Jessica said something that was weird. It is bothering me. She said that I'm hugged with her man again she said that as if she been watching me or something. The only other time that Trey and I hugged is when I found out that he was my brother which was at my grandma's house. Something is not adding up here. I first thought that it was just Aron because he is so creepy and now, she gets added to the mix because of what she said. I shook my head. How in the world could my brother date someone so crazy."

"Well, I know you're upset that she put her hands on you cause I could tell you were about to whoop her ass." He smirked.

"I don't play like that and she broke my damn necklace!"

"Baby, we will talk to my dad. We will get the to bottom of this. Your brother has been dating for a while now. So he's probably going to tell her the truth about you guys. Don't let this stress you out."

"How can I not be stressed out when I've been having these issues ever since I started school and started dating you! I covered my mouth after I said it." Looking over at him I could tell that I pissed him. I was so frustrated that I was now talking real reckless.

"Baby, I didn't it mean it like that." He continued to drive and not say anything to me. I starred out the window and crossed my arms. Pulling up to the house he opened my door and I went straight to his room and started packing my bags. I could hear Harley talking to his parents and thanking them for the party. As he came upstairs, he sat down in his gaming chair. I continued to pack my stuff.

"So, this is what are we going to do when we are having a disagreement?" He said looking at me like I was stupid.

"Yes, because what I said I was true! You expect me not to be worried and to just let things go but your ass is not being attacked or harassed. This is not easy for me." I said angrily.

"So, is this relationship too much for you? You think that all your problems will go away if you stop dating me?" He said as he stood up.

"I'm willing to find out at this point because every other month it's something. I said as I took off my heels and slid on some slides. I knew that what I had sad had just hurt him. But how could he not understand where I was coming from? Somebody was doing the same thing to him again and he had just wanted me to be chill about it."

He grabbed my bags and said nothing else. I followed him downstairs and I said goodbye to the Cannons. The ride over to my parent's house was the worst because we were definitely in a bad space. We had just broken up. Getting out the car myself, he said I love you to me. Starring at him I had nothing to say to him. I got my bag and closed the door as he watched me walk away. My heart broke into a million little pieces as I watched him drive away. I walked into the house and my parents immediately knew what had happened. I cried in my mama arms as no one said anything. They comforted me.

Waking up the next morning I didn't get out of bed and I didn't go to class. I didn't want to be seen by anyone. My mama asked me if I wanted something to eat and I didn't even feel like doing much of anything. My phone was blowing up from Trey, Jordan, and Harley. But I didn't want to talk to anyone. Lying in bed I kept watching tv. Next thing I know my door was opening and it was Trey. I was sat up.

"Trey what are you doing here?"

"Emily, stop I came to check on you since you can't seem to pick up your phone. Are you okay? I hear that you and Harley broke up?"

"Yes, and are you just coming over here to confirm that?" Shaking my head

"No, but I just wanted to see if it's because of me. He stated quickly. Look I know that my girl pulled that stunt yesterday and put her hands on you. I'm sorry about that." She normally never acts like this.

"It's not because of you. Harley just doesn't understand that this harassment shit is stressful. He expects me to be all happy and okay when I'm worried and I'm trying to figure out why me and who is doing this? Shit, I want it to stop. You also need to get your girlfriend in check because next time it's not going to be pretty. All this started when I started dating Harley."

"That's a little harsh don't you think?" He asked looking at me.

"No, I don't. It's the truth. I love him I do and he's the best thing that has ever happened to me besides the Banks, but I need him to realize that I'm scared and I don't feel safe."

"I understand that but Harley is a mess. He's been through a lot and another bad breakup will literally crush him. He has a lot going on too with him about to graduate."

"Okay," I said unmoved by what he was saying.

"Emily, come on now. This man has fallen in love again and treats you like a princess. Your all he talks about around the guys. You guys are the perfect match because I hate seeing you guys like this. I know he can't tolerate another bad breakup." He said sitting down on the bed.

"Tell me something trey. Did you tell your girlfriend that we are siblings?"

"No, I haven't because I didn't know if you wanted to be open about it or not."

"Okay, you do know that she yelled I had been hugged up with, twice right."

"No, I didn't realize that."

Rolling my eyes. Why are all the guys around me not picking up on these little clues?

"Well do you know that it could be her ass stalking me because the only other time we were hugged us was Christmas so how did she know that? Something is not adding up here."

"Well I mean she does know where my grandma lives, she been over there before. Hanging out with me and stuff. Plus she couldn't hurt anyone. She just thinks we are an item and I keep telling her that we are not. Maybe we should tell her soon."

Looking at him suspiciously. I shook my head because nothing in my life was making sense anymore.

"Look I'm here for you whether you with Harley or not. Plus, there is something I got to tell you. Something mom forgot to mention to you."

I looked at him. What else could possibly be said to me?

"Trey! Spit it out!" becoming impatient with his silence.

He hesitated for a moment. "I know where our dad is."

I looked as if someone had just hit me. "What did he mean that he knows where dad is?"

"What do you mean by that? I thought mom's boyfriend was your dad." Confused I just couldn't keep up with it all anymore.

"Look we have the same mom and dad. I know where he is because mom has been for years trying to deprive me of having a relationship with him. I had been to see him once and I think its time you meet him and tell him that you are not dead!"

Closing my eyes for a sec I felt dizzy. It became so clear to me that I did have a dad that thought I didn't even exist. All thanks to my mom.

"Trey, I have to think about this. I got so much that going on right now. Give me some time to take it all in. How did you even find him?"

"You can take all the time you need I'm just letting you know. But mom has been so secretive when it comes to talking about dad, every time I ask her about him she just shuts down. But today I went snooping through her room while she wasn't home and found a box of old stuff between her and dad and I found a letter he sent her with his address on it."

"Wow. You are brave for that. So, she does not know about this?"

"No, and I plan to keep it that way until we see fit to tell her, I 've been wanting to know about my dad just like you have, and I was going to do something about it." He said sternly.

"Well, I'll talk to my mama about it and let you know what she says. I just want to deal with what I have going on first and Trey please keep an eye on your girlfriend something tells me she is not innocent in all this drama surrounding me."

"I will but all she ever does is chill with me. But I hear what you are saying."

He got up, hugged me, and left. I was so tired that I just went to sleep. Too much to process and too much that I didn't want to think about.

The next morning, I got up because my mama would not let me stay at home another day and soak in my feelings. She said shit happens, it's life, and it's all about how you pick yourself up. I got dressed in some yoga pants and tank top for school and threw my hair in a messy bun. With some Nike slides, I made my way to school. Getting there I started getting the third degree from Jordan about everything that was going on.

"Girl why in the hell did yall broke up and you didn't call me?" She said angrily. "Plus I've been calling all this time and you haven't been answering my call."

"I don't really want to talk about this now. I have to go to the bathroom and then head to class." I said as she stepped back away from me.

"Okay, but we are going to talk about this later. I just know Harley is not functioning right at all." She said as we both saw him walking through the hallway with his teammates. He looked sad asf and my heart arched as our eyes met. I walked to the bathroom to not try to think of everything. After using the bathroom, I could see someone standing in front of the bathroom stall that I was in. By the look of the shoes, it was a guy's. Shaking my head I just knew that Harley did not follow me in the bathroom. I shook my head at the thought.

"Harley I do not want to talk to you!" I snapped as I swung the door back and saw who I had been running from all this time. It was Aron. He stood there with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. I was scared as hell.

"You don't have to be scared baby. I'm here for you now, you don't need weak ass, Harley. I heard he's not treating you right. I can treat you better then he can. He said as he got closer to me."

Bumping into the toilet I was trying to look for something to grab and hit him with but there was nothing.

"Aron, you can not be in here, and do you know what will happen to you if you put a hand on me.  have a restraining order against you." I said watching him lick his lips as he came closer.

"Baby stop playing. I see the way you been looking at me and dressing for me. A restraining order can't keep me away from you. Didn't you like all the roses I got you?" He grabbed my chin hard. "I know your ass threw it all away and even what I got you for Christmas too! Now, why would you do something so mean like that? I wanted to see you in that." He was getting angry as he held my chin harder for me to look up at him. "You need to apologize to me."

"Aron, I have a boyfriend. Why would I accept anything from you? Your a creep and I know that you're not really Harley's friend. You envy him." I said trying to move my face out of his hand.

"Man. shut up with all that. All I know is that he never knows how to treat his girls, he gets all this attention and just throws it away. But when he snatched you up I was pissed. He didn't give anybody else a chance to holler at you. That entitled spoiled ass punk. So yes I take what I want from him and he's too stupid to even figure it out. He doesn't deserve you or anything he has. He started sticking his hand in my shirt and grabbing my ass." Fighting with him I finally kicked him in the private.

"Get your ass back here!" He grabbed me by my shirt and it ripped as I rushed out of the bathroom and fell over someone in the hallway. It was Jordan.

"Dang girl are you okay?" She asked as she covered her mouth as she saw my bra exposed and my shirt ripped. I began crawling back on the floor as I saw Aron coming out of the bathroom towards me. Crying I screamed out for help. There were so many people in the hallway. Out of nowhere Harley jumped on Aron and began punching him over and over, I had never seen him so angry. My brother Trey came over to me and gave me his jacket that he had on and helped me up. Harley and Aron were still fighting and by the looks of it, Harley was know beating Aron while he was unconscious. His boys started to pull him off of him. Blood was all on the floor as Aron's nose and mouth were bleeding. Campus security was called as more people and professors walked out and looked at what all had just transpired. As people began to whisper and talk at what they were seeing I felt completely embarrassed. We were all got sent to the Dean's office until everyone's parents came along with the cops. Trey, Harley, and I all sat on one side of the room. While the paramedics and nurses were attending to Aron. Harley sat beside me as I cried to myself with my head down. He breathed so hard and I can tell that he was still hyped about what had happened. I slipped my hand onto his and his breathing slowed as he looked at me.

I mouthed I'm sorry as the Dean opened the door to his office calling us in. He never let go of my hand. When entering the office, so did my mama and dad, Harley's dad, and the cops. I had to explain everything that happened in the bathroom and then Harley had told his side about fighting Aron. As the dean and our parents began disagreeing over the dispute with Aron they told us to go wait outside because things were getting ugly. While outside we had heard that Aron had suffered a broken nose, concussion, and a broken jaw. I was completely shocked. I mean I knew it was bad but not that bad. I sat on the back of my car with Trey I took off my torn shirt and zipped up the jacket he gave me. My hands were shaking and I felt like something was always going on with me. Tears rolled down my face and Trey just held me.

"It's going to be okay Emily. That fool is going to jail."

"It's not okay my life is becoming more and more complicate and I hate it."

Harley walked up and motioned for Trey to give us some alone time. I looked up at him with some regret for our stupid fight that we have had. I stood up and hugged him as if my life depended on it. He held me tight shedding a few tears himself. I could hear his heart beating a mile a minute. I cried hard because it was all I could do.

"Baby, I'm so sorry for all this. I should have listened to you in the first place. I should have never let my guard down and you were completely right about Aron. I don't know why I just didn't see it." He hugged me so tight that I could barely breathe.

"Harley," I said looking up to him.

"I don't know how I could be so stupid. But I can promise you that I will do better. If you will just give me another chance baby. I will protect you with my life. You mean everything to me. I'm so sorry baby." He said quickly.

Looking at him all I could do was hug him. I knew that he was my soul mate and there was no doubt that I wanted him in my life. But we had to get things under control first.

Later on that night I was at my grandma's house after giving my statement to the police and seeing that Aron had been escorted to jail for not following the rules to my restraining order. I also was pressing charges for the assault in the bathroom. Mr. Cannon made sure that he would be handling the reports himself to see that he gets the max time to serve in jail. He made sure that Harley didn't get into any trouble for fighting since he was protecting me. It had been one crazy day. My Grandma, mama, and dad, were all shook up about what had happened to me. But I told them that I would fine as long as I could get some time to myself. As I sat in my room, I could hear my mom and grandma talking about the incident. It was like I could not escape it. I was so drained from it all that. I laid in my bed, the bad news was yet to be heard because this whole time I was scared to tell Harley that I think it was Aron that had got Bella pregnant. I was replaying the incident over and over in my head. He basically confessed to it all. I just felt bad for Harley. Going to sleep the only thing that eased my mind was that I finally knew who was stalking me and glad that he was going to jail so that he couldn't mess with me anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 911 35
I'm excited for this one! As I'm watching her being laid to rest, it occurs to me that I know less about life than I do about death. She's gone, and...
494 63 12
-Let's get this straight. From a dead end job to a useless crazy ex boyfriend- my happiness is with my best friend yet the fear of our relationship e...
23.2K 482 26
My life was a whirlwind of privilege and innocence until everything changed. As the only child of wealthy parents, I'd always had everything I needed...
2.1M 61.6K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...