The Spartans on Remnant (Halo...

By SpartanJ114

Two UNSC Spartans have crash landed on an unknown planet outside UNSC space onboard the wreck of the UNSC Win... More

Authors notes
Main Character General Background
Spartan 114's Armor and Weapons
Spartan144's Armor and Weapons
UNSC Winters Edge
Chapter 1 - The fall of Reach
Chapter 2 - Awakening
Chapter 3 - Beacon academy
Chapter 4 - Touring the Campus
Chapter 5 - Initiation
Chapter 6 - making friends
Chapter 8 - Dinner with Weiss
Chapter 9 - Newcomers to Vale
Chapter 10 - Searching for Blake
Chapter 11 - The day before classes
Chapter 12 - Investigations
Chapter 13 - Extracurricular
Chapter 14 - Dancing Spartans
Chapter 15 - Choosing a Mission
Chapter 16 - Boots on the Ground
Chapter 17 - The Vale Skirmish
Change logs
More change logs

Chapter 7 - Settled in

1.7K 21 29
By SpartanJ114

(UNSC Spartan 114 service ID 01537-21931-114
Official Audio log entry 3)

It is currently September 20, 2552 military calender, I have been on remnant now for 2 weeks 1 day, in that time I have encountered local inhabitants of this planet as mentioned in audio log entry 1 and have been attending a combat school as detailed in audio log entry 2, since entry 2 I have been learning more about the world I am stranded on, the weapons here don't use gunpowder, instead use an elemental substance known locally as 'Dust' further experiments are required but I have been able to successfully create gunpowder on this planet and have begun combining dust and gunpowder into more affective ammunition, much to the satisfaction of Spartan 144 who has been using my new ammunition in field tests, so far they prove to be successful, I have begun to construct specialised weapons baised on my own designs to more effectively fight against the creatures of grim, to which I have mentioned in audio log entry 1, the UNSC Frigate 'Winter's Edge" is still byond repair however Smart A.I Alea 055 is making progress on vehicle repairs. That is all I have to report, Serria 114 signing out.

(Jack Keyes personal Audio log entry 7)

I woke up this morning feeling good, it has been a little over a week since I spent the night in Team RWBY's dorm and woke up to the feeling of Weiss Schnee laying next to me, we still haven't talked about it at all, I left the room for my morning jog before she had woken up and when I returned she was already awake and talking with Ruby, I think back to the way that morning made me feel allot, I've never felt like this before. unrelated update, I haven't used the Mk V Mjolnir Armor much at all this week, instead using my weapons and knives in combat training, I've also began manufacturing some of my weapon designs, sometimes they don't work out but most do, my favorite of which being a sword that looks identical to the energy sword excpt the blades are made of titanium I salvaged from winter's edge seeing as my energy sword cuts through anything I use it against including any students weapons I decided to build the "Titanium Sword" for use in training.

I also designed a transforming weapon that named Titanium Guardbreaker, many students in beacon Have melee weapons that transform into guns so I designed my own, it's default state is an M6C-SOCOM magnum that transforms into a sword of sorts and can also partly convert from "sword mode" into "quick shot" mode in which I can fire in less time than it takes to fully convert back into "Magnum mode"

Surprisingly all the materials for gunpowder exist on remnant making it easy to manufacture UNSC style ammunition, I have also combined dust and gunpowder to make bullets with the strength and damage of UNSC ammo and the elemental features of dust ammo, Emmitt 144 is particularly fond of my Fire buckshot rounds for his shotgun and lightning grenades used in his Brute Shot.

I'm calling it an early night tonight, this is Jack signing off.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm signalling that it is now 0700 hours, Emmitt is also waking up, while he does I decided to go have a shower and brush my teeth. After my shower I got dressed in some running gear and went on my morning 5km run, I prefer running while Emmitt spends his extra half an hour in the mornings on the boxing bag. After my run I met back up with Emmitt and we walked towards the cafeteria for breakfast. Allong the way we caught up with team RWBY

Jack:
"morning everyone"

Blake:
"morning guys"

Yang:
"oh morning Jack, and hey you"

Emmitt:
"hey to you too gorgeous"

Weiss:
"please don't throw your physical affection for each other in our faces agai-"

Jack:
"too late Weiss, they are already making out... in public...for some reason"

Emmitt:
"don't judge us, besides you could too if you would hurry up and ask out W-"

Jack:
"Oh hey look it's JNPR, let's go say hi"

Emmitt:
"he always does this you know"

Ruby:
"so Jack, are you ready for your fight with team CRDL?"

Jack:
"of course, im always ready for combat"

Weiss:
"We will be cheering you on all the way"

Jack:
"Haha, thanks Weiss, I appreciate it"

The group made its way to get some breakfast where we all sat with team JNPR. After breakfast we had combat training class. we walked in and almost immediately all eyes were on me, pretty much the entire class saw my fight with CRDL and now everyone wants to see once and for all who will win"

Glynda Goodwitch told myself and Team CRDL to go get ready for combat, before I walk out I hear Cardin say to his team "after I wipe the floor with this guy I'm gonna go find that Bunny faunus girl and have a little fun with her, I'll make sure to tell her it's because Jack was too weak to protect her, so make sure you film me so I can rub his failure in later" he doesn't think I can hear him but because of my Spartan II augmentations I have extremely inhanced hearing, his words piss me off more than I can believe, it's no longer about just me,

Weiss pov
I was standing right behind team CRDL when they said the awful things they would do to velvet if they won, they are horrible and disgusting. I watched Jack walk out with a look of pure rage, he was on the other side of the room, there's no way he was able to hear CRDL, was there? After everything I've seen him do I probably shouldn't be surprised if he can hear them.

Some time passes and team CRDL is standing in the combat area armed to the teeth, when Jack walks in, he's wearing his Armor, I haven't seen him wear it in weeks, he has at least 4 different guns off all sorts of shapes and sizes all over his body as well as that Energy sword on his hip and a giant hammer on his back, I've never seen it before, the hammer head is easily 3 times the size of Nora's. He actually looks quite attractive in full armor, and maybe a little scary with the massive amount of weapons he has on him.

I only just realised that team CRDL had no idea Jack was the armored Soilder they first saw over a week ago when I first met him, all of the confidence has drained from them.

Emmitt:
"oh damn he brought out the Grav-Hammer, I almost feel bad for them"

Weiss:
"Grav-Hammer?"

Emmitt:
Yeah, well it's actual name is the Covenant Type 2 Energy Weapon /Hammer, but we call it the Gravity Hammer or Grav-Hammer for short, the hammer is a powerful war hammer on its own but it also has the ability to manipulate gravity, it can push enemy's away or suck them in closer to the user, but the best way to use it is to combine the gravity affect when the Hammer makes impact after a full swing, I've watched fully armorerd Elites get completly crushed with just one swing"

Weiss:
"I hope he doesn't kill them by accident"

Emmitt:
"he's probably resisting the urge to, I mean did you hear what they said they were gonna do?"

Weiss:
"yeah I was right next to them, but how did you hear them? You were next to Jack on the other side of the room"

Emmitt:
"super soilder augmentations"

Weiss:
"right, that makes sense"

Cardin:
"oh crap, you're that thing I saw last week, whatever your still not that tough"

Jack:
"you have no idea what I am or what I am capable of"

Weiss pov
Professor Goodwitch counted them down and the match began, immeadetly Dove and Russel rushed Jack, without any hesitation he jumped over them landing behind them and swung his hammer from left to right smashing them both out of the way, his hammer made a loud sound as it impacted on their bodies.
Russel was the one who made impact with the hammer and is aura dropped to 0 and knocked him out cold effectively taking him out of the match, Dove's aura was at half after the impact.
Sky was next to attack, he swung his halberd at Jack's helmet. Jack quickly raised the Gravity Hammer to block the attack As it impacted the hammer it ricoched off causing Sky to drop his weapon from the vibration, Jack wasted no time and took Sky out with a swift kick to the chest.
It was just Cardin and Dove left, Dove began firing rounds at Jack which he blocked by switching to his energy sword, Cardin then attempted to strike Jack with his mace, Jack however dodged the strike leaving Cardin open for attack, he swiftly Punched Cardin hard in the gut sending him flying to the other side of the room and directly into Dove. The impact took Dove's aura down to 3% meaning he was eliminated, Cardin got up and went for another strike, this time Jack caught the mace with one hand and headbutted Cardin nearly knocking him out and depleting his aura to 1%.

Glynda:
"and that is the end of the match, congratulations Mr Keyes"

Cardin:
"Lucky... Shot.."

Weiss pov
Cardin collapses to the ground and goes out cold, Jack then walks over to us and removes his helmet"

Jack:
"see what I mean Jaune? I dodged his attack leaving him vulnerable"

Jaune:
"yeah I saw- wait, did you do that just to teach me a tactic"

Jack:
"guilty, you got it"

Jaune:
"wow, I'm impressed"

Pyrrha:
"you're combat style is very impressive Jack"

Jack:
"you're kidding right? That was terrible fighting, I was just pissed off about what they had said, I chose to fight hard and without technique, the gravity hammer is actually quite a unique and elegant weapon if used properly, I just wanted to finish them quickly and show them their place"

Yang:
"well you certainly accomplished that, I doubt they will ever mess with you again"

Jack:
"here's hoping, I'm gonna go armor down and prepare for my history class"

Jack pov
I walked away from team RWBY and Emmitt to go get changed in my dorm and put my weapons away when I ran into Ozpin

Ozpin:
"ah Jack, good to see you"

Jack:
"likewise sir"

Ozpin:
"I was just looking for you actually, your AI Aela contacted me earlier today and wanted me to pass on a message"

Jack:
"what is the message?"

Ozpin:
"She said the repairs are going well and that she dropped off a present for you, your personal 'Hog' she said, and one of your ships flew by about an hour ago and dropped off a Cargo create of sorts outside"

Jack:
"Exelent, I've been waiting for my Hog to be repaired, the transmission was ruined in my escape from planet reach, the rear axle took a heavy hit as well and don't even get me started on the plasma damage to the armor plating, I can't wait to start it up again"

Ozpin:
"well I'll leave you to it then, have a good day"

Jack:
"you too sir"

I decided that getting dressed can wait, I went straight outside quickly stopping my my locker first to put away the Gravity Hammer. When I went outside I saw a large UNSC vehicle supply create, I walked up to it, put in the 6-digit code and watched as it opened up to reveal my Custom M12 Warthog, it had been refitted with the armor piercing high explosive Chaingun, a little overkill but I'm not complaining, the Hog looks absolutely perfect as if it just came of the assembly line, actually it's even better than that. I was so fixated on the M12 that I hadn't noticed Emmitt and Yang walk out.

Emmitt:
"is that what I think it is?"

Jack:
"only if you think it's the second most beautiful thing on this planet behind Wei- never mind, yes it is what you think it is"

Yang:
"hold up were you about to say-"

Emmitt:
"nevermind that, we got the Hog back, let's take her out for a spin"

Jack:
"I like the sound of that, go get me a hose"

Yang:
"what do you need a hose for? It looks perfectly clean to me"

Jack:
"no not to clean it, to fuel it up"

Yang:
"hold on a minute, that thing runs on water!?"

Jack:
''well technically no but also yes, you see the M12 force application vehicle has a low profile liquid-cooled hydrogen-injected Engine, this means the Warthog can is capable of converting up to twelve liters of fresh, brackish or salt water into hydrogen on the fly, this also means the only thing coming out of the exhaust is steam, so no pollution, the Hog can go for 790 Km before needing to be refuled, and this Baby is a fully capable 4X4, it can go anywhere and do anything"

Yang:
"Woah, that's allot to take in, you are Really excited about this thing"

Emmitt:
"Jack has a real thing for vehicles, he is did specialise in Vehicular warfare and piloting"

Jack:
"let's go already, the Hog isn't going to test drive itself"

As I jumped into the drivers seat, yang called shotgun and climbed in, Emmitt decided driving around with a massive gun on the back wasn't a good idea to he unbolted the turret which is a surprisingly easy procedure and bolted on the troop transport roll cage that features many more seats"

We decided to take the Hog down to the emerald Forrest. The Hog had no trouble on the uneven terrain. I noticed a group of Beowolves directly ahead, instead of slowing down I shifted down a gear and put my foot flat, the Hog Roared towards the Beowolves and flattened them into roadkill, we barley even slowed win as they went flat under the massive tires, the tusks on the front of the Hog make a great ram bar to tear through Grim.

After testing the Hog out we drove into vale to grab a bite to eat, when we pulled up to a stop light a red sports car pulled up next to us with 4 teenagers in it, they started calling out to us and revving their engine,

Yang:
"I think they want to race you Jack"

Jack:
"my Hog goes from 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds, they don't stand a chance, the Hog may be heavy but she isn't slow"

The light turns green and I let the clutch out and put my foot down, the Warthog roars into action, it leaves the sports car in the dust as we fly down the street.

After destroying the sports car driver in a Drag Race, we pull over in a parking lot and get out to stretch our legs when yang suggests a restaurant where we can go get dinner

Jack:
"hey, Uh.. Why don't we invite the rest of team RWBY to dinner?

Yang:
"that's not a bad idea, oh but Ruby and Blake are studying for chemistry tonight, they won't be able to join,

Jack:
"oh that suck-"

Yang:
"Buuuttt, I don't think Weiss is doing anything tonight" (Winks at Emmitt)

Emmitt:
"oh yeah that's right, maybe you should give her a call Spartan, and ask her if she wants to join you- I mean us for dinner"

Jack:
"good idea, I'll go call her now"

Yang pov
Jack walks off into the distance to call Weiss and leaves Emmitt and myself back at the Warthog

Emmitt:
"Ruby and Blake aren't actually busy, are they?"

Yang:
"not in the slightest, but he doesn't have to know that"

Emmitt:
"so why tell him they are?"

Yang:
"well duh, to get him alone with Weiss"

Emmitt:
"And why exactly would you want to do something like that Yang Xaio Long?"

Yang:
"well obviously because Jack likes her, and she likes him too, I have no idea why they both don't do something about it so we're going to give them a little push"

Emmitt:
"I dunno, Jack has been in the military his whole life, he's not used to having any kind of emotions, at first I thought he was just trying to hide his crush on Weiss, but I'm starting to think he actually genuinely dosent know what these feelings actually are"

Yang:
"I'm sure he will be fine, besides Weiss is crazy about him, anytime he is mentioned she goes bright red and zones out as if she's daydreaming and whenever he's around her she starts twirling her fingers through her hair like a school girl who just saw her crush, I even caught her drawing his helmet in her notebook, and if that isn't proof I could keep going on"

Emmitt:
"I get the picture, Jack has been making audio logs of his discoveries about this world but those are only his 'official' logs, I have overheard him recording his 'personal' audio logs a few times, and every time I have the main thing he talks about is Weiss, and on top of that I found a folder on his desk with at least 50 different Blueprints for alternate 'Myrtenaster' files, he's been designing different versions of Weiss's Rapier with various upgrades, and I even caught him crafting a necklace with Weiss's emblem on it out of spent bullet casings, now tell me that isn't proof"

Yang:
"he made her a necklace? If she knew that I think she'd explode with joy"

Yang pov
As we talked Jack walked back over

Jack:
"Weiss said she'd love to join us for dinner, she said we can pick her up in half an hour, but I think we should go now, I'd like to get dressed into something better than this. what were you guys talking about anyways?"

Yang:
"oh nothing, just school and stuff"

Jack:
"okay cool, well let's get going already"

Jack pov
I drove us back to beacon and parked the Hog outside and went up to the dorms with Emmitt to get dressed

Jack:
"what should I wear Emmitt? Should I wear a suit? Or would that be too formal? What about a shirt and jeans? Or would make it look like I don't care about how I look?"

Emmitt:
"I don't think I've ever seen you care this much about you're appearance, what's up with that?"

Jack:
"I don't know okay, I just feel like the way I dress is important now somehow"

Emmitt:
"are you worried about what Weiss will think?"

Jack:
"no.. Yes?... Maybe? Oh god I don't know, what the hell is going on with my brain?"

Emmitt:
"it's called having a massive crush on Weiss Schnee bro"

Jack:
"you really aren't going to drop that are you? What makes you think I even like her like that? I mean yeah, she's talented, and skilled in combat, and intelligent, kind, interesting and she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my entire life and- oh god I think you're right!"

Emmitt:
"I will never understand how you didn't realize you had the hots for the ice queen until just now"

Jack:
"shut up, and help me, what do I do?"

Emmitt:
"just be yourself"

Jack:
"that dosent help you fool, 'myself' is a 7 foot tall augmentated super soilder trained from birth who knows nothing about impressing a gorgeous girl"

Emmitt:
"I don't know what to tell ya man, but what you've been doing so far has been working, she's really into you"

Jack:
"that's only your opinion"

Emmitt:
"not anymore, Yang and I had nice long conversation about how we know you are both head over heals for eachother, she gave me tones of proof"

Jack:
"I don't know how to feel about you taking about me like this to Yang but okay"

Emmitt:
"come on let's go before we are late"

I get dressed into a white formal shirt with black dress pants. Emmitt and I walk out to the Hog where we both get in. I drive around the front of beacon to pick up Weiss and Yang, when they come outside the first thing I notice is the beautiful white dress Weiss is wearing, she looks stunning, yang is wearing a simple yellow shirt and blue pants which matches Emmitts black shirt and pants.

After greeting Weiss and Yang we all get into the back, Yang insists on Weiss being in the passenger seat next to me because it's "safer" but I think shes just trying casually to push us closer to each other, I put the Hog in drive and set off for the Restaurant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 369 14
It's been 3 years since the Fall of Beacon. The students and teachers of the lost school have banded together to fight this new threat. But Y/N has s...
642 6 10
Once a noble Leader, Sovalis lost his team mates in a calamity that would decide the fate of the kingdom, the battle was won, however his team mates...
188 25 25
In the world of Remnant, a place where science and fairy tales coexist, human civilization is pledged by deadly monsters known as the Grimm. For a ti...
13.2K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...