Mulligans

De CharlieDavid1980

Chase never had many friends, but at college, he meets and forms close ties with straight jock Tyler Davidson... Mais

1. You Can't Blame a Person for Who They Are
2. Two of a Kind
3. A Minnow
4. Fore!
5. Turkey Dinner in July
6. A Little Fun
7. Time to Accelerate
8. The Original
10. Northern Lights
11. She Smells Nice Too
12. Other Side of the Fence
13. Veggie Burgers
14. Other Interests
15. Go Steelers
16. Morning Run
17. Parade
18. How Do Two Boys Do That?
19. Perspective
20. I Think You Should Go
21. Hang On
22. There's Nothing to Discuss
23. An Invitation
24. Back Early
25. Stella de Oro
26. Crossword
27. A Lost Ball
28. A Secret Spot
29. Don't Lie to Me
30. Dad?
31. Pie
32. Living with Regret
33. The Choice
34. Jerry Springer Called
35. Fine
36. Sliding Doors
37. Trying to Help
38. House of Cards
39. Seed of Hope
40. Second Chance
Copyright 2020 Border2Border Entertainment
Books by Charlie David
Q & A with Linda Carter-Producer
Q & A with Charlie David-Writer, Producer, Actor
Q & A with Actor Derek James-Actor
Q & A with actress Thea Gill - Actress
Q & A with Actor Dan Payne - Actor
Q & A with Chip Hale - Film Director

35. Waiting Room

118 11 2
De CharlieDavid1980

Jarod must have seen the color drain from Chase's face as the truck pulled up beside the Davidsons' lake house. "You want me to go with you?"

Chase took a deep breath and shook his head. "I'll be okay, thanks."

"I'll be waiting right here," Jarod assured him with a smile.

Chase hopped out of the truck and crossed the yard to the guest cottage. He had no idea what he was going to say other than "I'm sorry." Those were the only words that continued to ring through his mind. He knew it was now or never. He knocked on the door and waited, fighting to keep his legs from turning around and walking him right back in the other direction.

No one answered.

Chase tried the doorknob. The door pushed open, and he peered inside. The guest cottage was empty. He quickly crossed to the open closet and saw that his clothes had been pulled from the hangers and shelves and stuffed haphazardly into his duffel bags. Thankful that this would save him time and a chance meeting with Tyler, which he really wasn't ready for, he slung the bags over his shoulder, grabbed his easel and canvases, and headed for the door.

Just as he was reaching for it, the doorknob turned, and the door swung open. Tyler breezed through but stopped in his tracks when he saw Chase. He gave him a once-over. His face turned to disgust as he saw the canvas pinched under Chase's arm, and he abruptly turned and left, slamming the door behind him. Chase glanced down and saw the painting of Nathan on the dock, banefully displayed in his hasty exit. He hurried out of the cottage and yelled after Tyler, but his breath was wasted. Tyler had apparently seen all he needed to see.

Chase trudged across the yard under the weight of his few belongings and down the driveway to Jarod's truck.

"Chase, wait."

He turned to see Nathan, oil rag in hand, exit the garage and take a few tentative steps toward him. But they had shared their good-bye already, and it had cost them dearly. There was nothing left to say, and any time spent in each other's company now could only further complicate matters and incriminate them. Chase paused, giving Nathan a grave smile, and nodded before turning and walking to Jarod's truck. He didn't know where his life was going to lead, but it wasn't supposed to be spent with Nathan.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

The Sound of Ice De emmy

Ficção Adolescente

3.8M 191K 47
Hockey player extraordinaire Cameron Beckett not only has to deal with the pressures of making it into the NHL and graduating high school, but also f...
413K 21.9K 70
Elliot ditched his jock reputation after high school. He happily traded his cleats and shoulder pads for college cafeteria food and seminars notes. N...
12.8K 836 21
"We don't have to do anything." "What if I want to?" "Do you?" "You didn't answer my question." ___ ___ ___ Chase Tanner's life has almost always bee...
10.4K 441 28
| COMPLETED | IN PROGRESS OF REWRITING | Cameron shouldn't have kissed his childhood friend at that party, that one kiss forced him to choose between...