petals ● jander ☑

By l1lly_lofi

Soulmates. Your soulmate is the person who will be for the rest of your life. Your soulmate is the person who... More

1) A Little Kid
2) All Hope
3) Something in Mind
4) Switched Petals
5) Thorns on the Sink
7) Uncommon Disease
8) Trust Me
9) Late Night Texts
10) New Feelings
11) Definition of Love
12) Mistakenly Misunderstood
END) The Flower Garden
REWRITE

6) Confession to Make

1.2K 57 93
By l1lly_lofi

(things getting serious boiii)

JAKE'S POV

Sheesh. Sadie is so scary. I do not want to mess with her again. I strolled down to the first floor to get into the music club. Milly was already there, testing random chords with her guitar. Sean too.

I just realize. Both of them are never late. They should deserve a reward for not being late to the club and being more responsible than the leader.

"Jake, can you move?" Hailey asked. I then finally realize that I was standing right at the door, blocking people to go in. I smiled and step aside before Hailey walked in as Zander followed.

Zander looked more sick than usual. Something must've happened. Wait, why am I thinking about him more than I usually would?

"Okay. Where's Luke?" Hailey asked to the whole club members. I replied with a simple shrug. Milly looked at the door and just on cue, Luke walked in.

"Hey, I'm not late, am I?" He asked and laughed simply. Hailey clapped her hands proudly.

"Yes! Everyone's here. No disturbance which is good. At the weekends, we should practice somewhere." She suggested. I nodded in agreement. Hailey seems happier than usual. Something did happen, didn't it?

"But where?" I asked.

"Oh! My dad has a garage filled with unused music instruments! And the garage is pretty big." Milly cheered. Hailey grinned.

"Then it's settled. What time are we going to go to Milly's place?" Hailey asked.

"Maybe at the afternoon. Like eleven or something." Sean said. The club seems more quicker when everyone is here.

"Great! Now, let's not waste anymore time." Hailey said, grabbing his guitar and standing beside Milly. "You remember the lyrics, right Jake?"

"Yes I do." I stood behind the microphone. Everyone else took their place.

"Okay, good. Everyone ready?" Hailey asked. We all nodded. "Let's pretend we're on stage. So if a mistake was made, just continue on. All right?"

She looked at Sean. Sean gave a thumbs up and looked at his DJ set.

"In three, two, one."

(nah yall have to wait until an episode like this comes out)

----@----

The next morning, I was feeling pretty hyped. We did a fantastic job yesterday. Everyone did really well. There were some mistakes made, but hey. We learn from our mistakes, don't we?

I stopped in front of my friends. Well, specifically Henry and Liam. They were arguing about something.

"I swear! Mines landed on the lettuce girl. I can even blow another petal just to show you!" Henry said. Liam rolled his eyes.

"Sure it is." He said, eyeing Henry suspiciously. Henry groaned.

"Believe me!" Henry then noticed I was here the whole time. "Ah, Jake! Tell Liam that my petal landed on the lettuce girl."

"Uh..." I nervously looked around. "I mean, you never actually texted me about anything. Liam, who's your soulmate?"

"The petal actually flew pretty far. So I decided not to continue chasing after it. I hope I can meet her at college. Who's yours, Jake?" Liam asked.

"Mines. Oh you won't believe it." I muttered. "It's actually Daisy!"

"What!? No way!" Henry widened his eyes, covering his mouth with his hands.

"Yup! And I think I'm..." I looked down, thinking twice. No, I should not step down from that opportunity. "I'm going to confess to her today!" I proudly said.

"Oh, I'm so proud." Liam cried, hugging me. I awkwardly wait there. "I feel like a proud dad. I have teached you so much about love."

I pushed him away as soon as he said that. "No you did not teach me a lot about love." I reminded.

"Oh! There she is!" Henry shouted, pointing at Daisy who's walking to school. I blushed madly. She looked so pretty day by day.

"Oh, hey Jake! Hey guys!" Daisy waved, deciding to stop beside me. I felt my face becoming redder. She noticed me first before everyone else. "Uh, Jake? You okay? You look hot."

"Wha!? Uh, oh. Um..." Did she just called me... Hot!?

"Yeah, you're warming up." She said. Oh, THAT's what she meant. "Are you sick or something? If you are, you should go home."

"N-no. I'm fine! I'm completely fine!" I smiled.

"Oh. Then that's good." She nodded.

"Yeah, um. Hey, I want to... Ask you something." I stuttered. Daisy tilted her head. Aw, she looks cute now.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" She asked.

"C-can you meet me later. In ten minutes. At the roof?" I asked. Daisy smiled.

"Yes! Anything, Jake!" Daisy said. "Anyway, I'll be preparing my stuff for class. See you later, Jake!" She waved and hopped her way into school.

"Yes, dude. That was amazing! But you should learn to stop stuttering in front of her." Liam said. I ignored his comment. This day is going to be the best day ever!

----@----

I ran my way towards the roof. Daisy was there, looking down from the fence to see people going inside the school. I awkwardly head towards her.

"Hey, Daisy." I said. Daisy shifted her head at me and smiled. I know she smiles many times, but I will never got bored of it.

"Hey Jake! So what is it?" She asked. "Sorry if I seemed rushed. Many things are happening in the council."

"No no! It's conpletely fine." I said, nodding. "I just... Need to tell you something about... Something..."

God, that's a very bad way to confess.

"And that is..?" She asked. I smiled nervously. Are you supposed to smile when you confess? Am I suppose dto hold her hand? Do I straight up say it?

"I..." Just say it, Jake! You coward.

"You..?"

"I-I like...! You...?" I blushed. That sounded so unsure. "I just... I l-like you, Daisy. We've been friends since middle school and since we've met, I really like you."

"Oh, Jake." Daisy smiled softly. Does she like me back? "It's really nice of you but..." She fiddled with her hands. "I've already met someone else and we apparently like each other..."

"Ah, huh?"

"Yeah. She confessed to me yesterday after club activities and I accepted her confession." She mumbled. Then, that means...

"Oh... O-okay..." I smiled. Everything shattered. Every last piece of me are shattered.

It felt so dull and embarrassing. She doesn't like me back. Daisy doesn't like me back. I have to accept that reality but, why does it hurt so much?

"Hey, Jake..?" Daisy asked. "I get it that you're really hurt and I'm sorry. But you're an amazing guy. I don't deserve someone like you." She sighed.

"D-does that mean... We're not..." Soulmates?

"Oh yeah. Hailey told me to tell you that you followed the wrong petal." Daisy said. "You followed Hailey's petal, which leads to me."

"So Hailey's your..." I didn't have the energy to finish.

"Soulmate? Yes, she is my soulmate." She said.

"And y-you guys are..." I muttered.

"Hailey and I, we're an item." Daisy said. Now I feel jealous. Hailey's soulmate is Daisy? The person I've been crushing on for years? "Jake. Don't take this the wrong way. You're still my friend. It probably pains to make you hear that, but I don't want to leave you."

Really? Does she really mean that?

"You.. still want to be my friend?" I asked, clearly unsure. And if Daisy isn't my soulmate, who would be there for me by my side? I don't like anyone else, do I?

"Of course! I'll still talk to you everyday." She smiled. The smile of hers is still beautiful... "You're an interesting person, and I think your true soulmate is waiting for you to love you back."

"Huh...? Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. Go find out who it is." She grabbed my hand and took a petal out of her pocket. She placed it on my palm.

"Hah..." I smiled sadly at the petal. Who is this soulmate of mines?

"Don't be sad, Jake. There's still someone out there." Daisy said before she jumped into me for a tight hug.

I widened my eyes in shock. Is she just pitying me? Is that why she's hugging me?

Wait. What am I thinking? She's my friend. I nervously looked down and hugged her back, shaking. This feels nice.

We stayed in that position until we both pulled away.

"Ah, have to go. Head girl duties." Daisy said, chuckling nervously. "Stay safe, okay? Don't hurt yourself. See you later, Jake!" Just like usual, she left like that.

I stood there, thinking. Of course she's taken. I'm stupid for thinking that she's not. I'm stupid for thinking that she's my soulmate.

The petal that was on my palm suddenly flew out of my hand as the air started to become stronger. I panicked, reaching out and grabbing the small petal before it could go far.

I still could find that other someone. The someone who will really spend their entire life with me, and the someone that I will spend my entire life with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 210 11
Luke decided to leave everything behind and start again somewhere else, far away from everyone he knew, far away from his old life. He thought that e...
423 64 23
"No matter who you are, someone is destined to find you."​ Soul Mate /ˈsōl ˌmāt/ noun plural noun: soulmates A person ideally suited to another as...
522 39 2
In the world of this story everyone gets a mark / tattoo with the name of their soulmate on their wrist. JinYoung decides to remove / cover up his ta...
354 11 11
(this is a soulmate AU btw I also Don't own harry potter) Two best friends end up in a world of magic and wonder, a world we're anything is possible...