Like Dandelions In The Wind

Galing kay Scribble_Maniacs

For me, freedom has always been just a word without meaning. I found it's meaning amongst the crowd of Delhi... Higit pa

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
EPILOGUE
VED
Thank You
When The Camellia Blooms

Chapter 55 - FINAL

754 37 65
Galing kay Scribble_Maniacs

Zivah's POV

8 Months later...

I looked in my watch impatiently as the lecture wasn't getting over. Some dude was giving a presentation. I adjusted my specs and looked at Francisca beside me, the girl who has been my best friend since the past 4 months of my master's. She gave me a small smile asking me to be patient. I let out a sigh and got comfortable in my seat again.

Yes, I finally got admitted to the masters, one of my pending dreams, four months back and it has been going amazingly great. I am loving every second of my life and I am enjoying it thoroughly. I took admission in Standford and Mom-Dad agreed in no time. There has been a lot of change in their behavior towards me in the past few months. They have been supportive of me and taking out some time to sit with me and discuss things. It's like we have put aside our differences and have adjusted with each other for each other's sake so in process we don't lose anyone. I'm glad for that. To see that they always cared and loved. After all no matter what they are my parents and I'm their daughter. I feel my life somewhat normal now. Like how I used to dream in childhood. Sure, the differences are still there and my parents still don't talk with each other much but it's their life.

Ved visited once when I was in New York on my birthday as he promised with my gift and Mom asked him to have dinner with us. Mom and Dad both talked to him randomly, smiling and it made me feel at ease. Bua made all of his favorite dishes as promised and no one minded anything. In fact, mom-dad enjoyed everything and said they haven't eaten this much of Indian food in a pretty long time. Ved has been like an angel in my life. Everything is going surprisingly well. I got admitted to masters which I kept on dreaming for a long time then my relations with mom-dad are changing positively, my book is almost complete and I am having meetings with publishers in the coming months.

I have taken off from full fledged work of my company temporarily as I can't handle for 2 years juggling between studies and work and book. I need to focus. I take some time off everyday from my days to roam in Standford and around it. I write and read and see if there is scope for editing in previously written topics of my long pending book. I am working on my university project, assignments, exams, and... In short, everything is going great.

Ved left for Austria after meeting me in New York in some 20-25 days after I left India. He came back after like two months but he was constantly in touch with me ranting about everything and him listening. It was all good until that jerk left for Iceland and didn't contact me for months. I was freaking out calling Rupath every other day and us discussing how to confront him for this.

I have gotten surprisingly closer to Rupath over these months. I make sure to call Renee and him at least twice a week just to stay updated on everything. Oh yes, I forgot to tell you that they finally got married before I came to Standford. I attended their wedding and met everyone again. It was a hella amazing time. The craziness is still intact in everyone and I am glad for that.

Parth is still the same sweet Parth and is still single of course. He has started his work in full swing. He sings but just his own written music and nothing else. He is still in Bangalore and nothing has changed. Last time I checked with Laksh was some two-three weeks back and he was still in his hometown which happens to be somewhere between Shimla and Ladakh. He has promised to sponsor the trip and I will be going once I am out of here.

Kunal has joined hands with Rupath again and they work together and create music and stuff. They recently held the concert in London and the crowd was going crazy. Last left Randhir, who got married to Mishka as promised and is working in the medical field. I have no contact with him and all I have heard is from Rupath or Parth mostly. 

As for Sonia, she is gotten back to being a reporter and Mira's best friend. About her and Kunal, they had some differences lately and they needed time to think. But it has always been their specialty, the on and off thing.

My Ali is roaming the world with the love of her life and is still crazy and short-tempered. But I still love her with all my life. I cried my heart out when I had to leave Cody with Bua and Vihaan back in New York but I got no option as I rented a small flat for myself here and I can't afford to live with Bua or Cody with my low income as I just work part-time with one firm here.

Oh, I forgot about Vihaan and Tara. What can I say, those two are crazily in love with each other. Vihaan left the company of course, and he was working with some UK based firm later on. Tara moved back to India last month and Vihaan went to welcome her. Ever since he is there. We call each other sometimes and keep updated about each other.

Phew, so many characters no? But it's all good.

I ran towards my flat and took out the keys. I opened the door wide and entered the flat, closing the door shut. I took off my bag and put it on the couch. Ved is coming today and I need to make something for him. I have no idea about what but some Indian dishes maybe. 

I want everything to be perfect today. I got just a few hours left before he comes. I need to hurry up. I took the ingredients out from the fridge which I bought when I went out for jogging in the morning. I kept them on the counter then I wasted my one hour searching for the different recipes.

I could have called Bua but she will tell Ved right away by messaging him. Yup, he has become her ultimate favorite. So yes, I don't trust her. I need to put more effort. I selected two recipes and started working on them in a hope that will turn out well.

*****************

With some great efforts and creating the mess everywhere, I finally managed to make one dish with limited quantity. I don't believe how can one be so bad at cooking? 

I looked around the kitchen. If my landlord sees this then she will kick me out in no time. She is a sweet lady but she warned me on the first day itself that I am not allowed to create any mess. I gave her my sweet smile and she agreed. But even my smile won't work if she sees this. I let out a frustrated groan and started cleaning around.

I picked the empty packets and put them in the dustbin. I was about to wash the floor when I heard the doorbell. I threw a terrifying look in the door's direction. Please, God! Let it not be her.

I went towards the door with bated breath and opened the door a little and peeked through it. I let out a sigh of relief when Ved tilted his head to look at me through the creek. He had a small smile playing on his lips.

"Bother to open the door? I saw her downstairs. She might come up at any moment and inside your room." Ved said as I widened my eyes in terror. No way in the hell she is looking at this mess and throwing me out.

"Come in, right now," I said pulling Ved inside. He stumbled and I don't believe it's my Babu.

He jumped on me right away making me fall on the ground. I kept sitting there letting him do whatever he wants. I was so happy. I squeezed him and showered kisses on him.

In the meantime, Ved managed to get his and Cody's bag inside and shut the door close before the lady could come upstairs.

Ved went inside putting his backpack on the floor. I kept on kissing Cody. When he was finally done with me. He pushed me hard and went inside running behind Ved. I guess everyone has a new favorite.

"What the fuck, Zivah. What happened here? Did someone barged into the kitchen and tried stealing something?" Ved asked giving me an unbelievable look. I rolled my eyes at him and got up from the ground.

"Shut up. I was cooking for you. I thought I'll make something Indian." I said with a shrug as Ved moved inside the kitchen carefully so he won't step on anything on the floor. Cody was smelling the floor.

"Don't come here boy," Ved said looking at Cody who was following him.

Ved moved towards the counter and looked up at me with disappointment.

"I didn't know pasta is an Indian dish." He asked and I rolled my eyes again.

"Will you stop being sarcastic? I worked hard to prepare." I said frowning.

"I can see that," Ved said looking around. I walked towards him taking the apron off and throwing it to the side.

"I missed you," I said throwing my arms around him without bothering about my messed up appearance. Ved chuckled and pecked on my cheek. I giggled pulling him closer to me.

"How was your trip?" I asked. Ved was smiling widely by now.

"Oh, I can't tell you how amazing it was. Well, that new guy was pretty irritating but I loved this team." He said in one breath.

"The view was just breathtaking. I'm telling you, Zivah that we should definitely visit this place." He said getting even more excited. I chuckled and nodded my head.

"We will but get fresh first. I will make you coffee." I said taking my hands off and looking at Cody.

"Yes, please. Also, I'm sleep deprived." Ved said making a face. I nodded in understanding and adjusted his messed up hairs.

"When did you go to New York?" I asked moving in the kitchen and taking the mug out from the drawer.

"Just for a day to get this boy," Ved said settling at the chair beside. I nodded my head with a smile looking at my Babu. How much I missed this pure soul. Actually the two of them.

"I guess something is wrong with your mom-dad. They are acting extra sweet towards me." Ved said taking the fork from the side drawer and pulling the pasta bowl towards him.

"It's a good thing, no?" I asked looking at him.

"Yes but I'm not used to see them behave like this." He said taking a spoon full of pasta to his mouth. I looked at his expressions carefully and thankfully he wasn't disgusted.

"It's good though. I'm just hoping I don't get food poisoning." He said shaking his head.

"I wish," I said glaring at him. Ved chuckled.

"You will be staying for some days at least, right?" I asked eyeing him. I honestly don't like living alone here but I got no option. And I want these two to stay here for a few days at least.

"Just for a week, love," Ved said eating pasta fast as if he hasn't eaten for days.

"What? But why?" I asked with a frown.

"Your exams are coming. So just focus." He said paying just half attention to me.

"There is still time, Ved," I said getting irritated.

"I'll think. There is still time, Zivah. We will decide later. Let me take a shower." He said when the pasta was finished. This dork didn't leave anything for me.

"Yes, please. You stink." I said pushing the mug of coffee towards him. He took it and got up.

"Not more than you. Have you seen how beautiful you are looking at the moment?" Ved said making a face and taking a sip of the coffee.

"Better than you, Kashyap," I said frowning. Ved rolled his eyes making his way inside the house.

"I shouldn't have made anything for you," I shouted at him but he wasn't bothered as he went inside the bedroom with his backpack and coffee mug and shut the door. I moved towards my babu and took his bag searching for his food.

My little baby must be hungry after the long journey.

****************

I cleaned all the mess and took an oath to not again cook for anyone when I'm alone at least. Once everything was clear I changed the messy clothes.

I got settled into my comfortable full-sleeved t-shirt and jeans.

I set the plates for dinner and arranged the ordered food filling those plates with care. I smiled when I was satisfied with my plating talent. I'm good at least with something related to food other than eating.

I nearly arranged the candles and flower pot with Lilies in them. Cody was already asleep on the couch as he was tired of travel. It's always too much for him but he still goes through everything for me. I looked at him with all the love and wanted to squeeze him tight but let's not disturb him anymore.

I got seated on the chair waiting for Ved to come out of his shower session. There was still one hour left for 12 but it's okay! I can't exactly surprise him at 12 as he will get the idea. So it's better this way.

I heard the doorknob turn around so looked up at him. Ved was taken aback with the arrangements. He kept staring at the table for a good two minutes noticing everything and then looked at me.

I walked towards him with a small smile and put my hands around his neck planting a soft kiss on his lips. Ved kissed me back.

"Happy birthday," I said pulling away with a small smile. A small smile formed on his lips as he pulled me a little closer.

"I thought you forgot," Ved said gently smiling at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Kashyap, you purposely came here to celebrate it with me if I'm not wrong," I said glaring at him as he chuckled.

"I just wanted to be with you this year." He said with a nod. My drama queen. I shook my head a little.

"And every year. No matter where you are." I said pecking on his cheek. Ved nodded again and looked past me at the set dining table.

"Well, it's beautiful." He said with a smile and looked at me again, "Thanks."

"Yeah, I ordered food and just set the table," I said moving away from him.

"Yes but more than that for creating the mess, cleaning it up, and making that delicious pasta for me." He said smiling down at me.

"I tasted it. It wasn't exactly delicious." I said making a point.

"I found it delicious." He said with a shrug and made his way towards the dining table.

"Shall we? I'm hungry." Ved said looking at me. To be honest that smell was too tempting and it was hard to control. Besides if we wait then we need to heat it up again.

"There are still some 40 minutes left for your actual birthday," I said looking in mobile.

"Who cares. I'm pretty sure you must be hungry too." Ved said. I let out a sigh.

"Yes," I said as his face brighten.

"Then let's get started." He said pulling the chair and getting seated. I smiled and got seated in front of him.

"How is University?" He asked cutting the chicken piece.

"It's cool. I'm working on the project." I said. "The same idea I told you," I said further.

"About artificial intelligence or something?" He asked taking the spoon to his mouth

"Wow, you remember?" I asked giving him an impressed smile. Ved shook his head a little.

"Something little." He said. I chuckled.

"This chicken too good." He said taking another piece and stuffing in his mouth.

"I know it's my favorite restaurant here," I said chewing on my food.

"And how's the project work?" He asked again.

"It's going well for now," I said as he nodded.

"You are going to India?" I asked. Ved nodded.

"Yes, need to meet Rupath and Parth maybe." He said as I pouted at him.

"I want to meet them too," I said letting out a sigh.

"You know there are so many hot dudes around?" I said randomly as always like how we talk. Ved looked up at me narrowing his eyes. I gave him a sly smile to which he shook his head a little.

"So what are you waiting for?" He asked eyeing me. I shrugged.

"They are good but they don't attract me," I said shaking my head.

"Why?" He asked again narrowing his eyes.

"Because I just get attracted to only one man," I said smirking.

"Hrithik. Isn't it?" He asked and I started laughing hysterically.

"You know me too well, Kashyap," I said through laughter. Ved looked at me hopelessly.

"But apart from him, there is one more who usually keeps acting like a jerk," I said glaring at him. Ved just chuckled.

"Rupath knows you are here?" I asked as I remember him telling me that he is going to video call Ved. Actually a conference call with Parth and Laksh I think.

"I guess I told him," Ved said with a shrug. I nodded and got up after finishing my plate.

"Hurry up," I said giving him an irritated look.

"Why? Let me eat." He said putting the last piece of chicken into the mouth.

"Ugh, Ved!" I said and moved inside the kitchen almost running.

"I'll bring the cake," I shouted back.

"What? Why would you buy a cake?" He asked coming into the kitchen with our plates and putting them into the sink.

"I didn't buy it. I have made it with even greater efforts. The landlord helped me." I said with a smile. Ved raised his eyebrows at me.

"What?" He asked not believing. I giggled.

"She got excited when I told her that I'm baking it for my boyfriend. She happily helped out." I said with a shrug and put it in the table inside the kitchen.

"How's it?" I asked with a smile. Ved looked at the cake carefully with a small smile.

"Look wise, 10 on 10, and taste-wise, we will know in a few minutes." He said winking at me. I frowned at him.

"Asshole!" I said in a low voice. Ved let out a laugh.

I looked at the clock getting nervous. Well, I'm not nervous about cake cutting but something I'm going to do after that. Shit! Ved was chilling sitting on the chair and telling me his travel story which I would otherwise hear with loads of interest but today my mind was roaming somewhere else.

When it was just one minute away from 12 Rupath, Laksh and Parth did a conference call. Kunal and Renee were present with Rupath.

"Happy Birthday!" We shouted when it was exact 12. Ved was smiling widely as he cut the cake.

I took a small piece and fed him. He gave me an impressed smile as I chuckled. We chatted away for some time with all of them laughing away but work was calling for the boys as there is a bright sunny day in India so they cut the call early.

It has always been like this. The 12 hour time difference just irritates me most of the time.

"What are you thinking?" Ved asked coming closer to me.

"Me? Nothing. Why?" I asked everything in one breath cursing myself. He will definitely get that something is wrong with me. Ved chuckled.

"Okay, and what are you hiding?" He asked.

"Okay," I said and stopped thinking for some time. He just kept looking at me with curiosity.

"Kashyap," I said pushing him away and keeping a distance.

"Hmm?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"I want you to know a few things which I didn't tell you ever," I said looking at him carefully. My heart was beating louder inside my chest but I didn't let it show on my face.

"I was born into a Chandra family some 27 years back. Well, they say I was born with a silver spoon and which was right. I agree but my life wasn't any fairytale." I said as he looked at me carefully as to where I'm taking this.

"I already told you everything about my parents and then Vihaan. I used to be scared always, sitting inside my room." I said with a chuckle. Ved smiled a little.

"But coming to Delhi has been the best decision of my life. I met you and everything started getting better for me. I started trusting myself more, I became stronger, I sorted out my life and wasn't confused anymore." I said shaking my head.

"You understood me like no one ever did, you heard my silence and showed me the way. You..." I said stopping for a moment taking a deep breath. I chuckled at my own stupidity. Why am I nervous. He won't say no. Right?

Ved smiled again but didn't move his stare away from my face even for a moment.

"You let me decide what I wanted rather than forcing me to do something I would regret. You let yourself hurt to the core. You put me before yourself and have always cared for me and loved me more than anyone else. You have saved me and taught me to live my life again but this time on my own terms." I said with a smile.

"I was lost Ved and you came as the wind which I needed to breathe again. I know you would say that wherever I'm today is because of my own hard work which I won't deny but if you wouldn't have given your hand to me then nothing would have happened. I would have still been crying somewhere and questioning my own worth and maybe blaming my parents and people for my own misery." I said chuckling.

"Wherever I'm today is because of you and I want you to be with me forever like this." I said and took a deep breath. I guess he knows what I'm going to do next as he shook his head a little. The look in his eyes was saying a lot.

"So, Ved Kashyap," I said with a smile. He was holding his breath inside.

"I might be stupid and get on your nerves many a time. I might fight with you all the time and make your life hell but I love you." I said giving him a lovable look. He didn't say a word.

"So are you okay to bear with me for a lifetime?" I asked.

"Will you marry me?" I asked getting on my knees in front of him with a ring in my hand which I took out of my jeans pocket. Ved stayed still, frozen. Not believing what I just did but his eyes were speaking a lot for him which assured me that he was touched by my gesture.

Well, I didn't have time or much money to arrange an actual expensive ring for him so I just bought one in the mall while coming back home today.

"Once my master's is over of course," I said chuckling.

"I promise nothing will change. I won't ever cage you nor will bind to me. I will always be your home where you'll return to." I said again to assure him about his biggest fear.

"Will you?" I asked again when he didn't give any answer. Ved shook his head and looked down as his eyes were a little moist.

He let out a chuckle and wiped his eyes.

"Zivah..." He said getting on his knees in front of me and coming to my level.

"You are such an idiot." He said making me frown.

"Shit, I..." He said and I could see the happiness visible on his face. I was still holding the ring before him.

"I will. Of course, I will!" He said shaking his head and looking right back at me. I smiled widely and wiped the tears which gathered in my eyes.

I slid the ring into his finger and took out another one from my jeans pocket. I put it in front of him again. He threw a questioning look.

"For you," I said and he took it shaking his head a bit but with a full smile.

"Here," I said extending my hand in front of him. He slid the ring in my left hand.

I looked at it grinning from ear to ear. Ved looked at me with adoration.

"Those aren't expensive but it's okay for now." I said looking at him.

"It doesn't matter." He said shaking his head a bit with so many emotions flowing through his eyes. I walked on my knees up to him.

"I love you," I said putting my hands over his shoulder.

"I love you, too." He said with a smile, pressing his lips against mine.

He kissed me gently showing all of his emotions pulling me closer to him.

"This is the best birthday ever." He said pulling away in just a few moments.

"I'm glad," I said as his expressions changed to the pained one. I gave a questioning look.

"But my knees hurt." He said.

"Mine too," I said with a pout as Ved let out a laugh. He got up pulling me up with him.

I pecked on his lips again as he picked me up and put me on the table behind.

"But this is just the start, Kashyap," I said pulling him closer with my hands around his neck and my legs wrapped around his waist, holding him tight. Ved smiled.

"I'll take you out tomorrow," I said.

"Thanks, for just being in my life." He said placing a soft kiss on my neck. I closed my eyes at the touch.

"I can't wait to have many more fights with you." He said kissing my nose. I giggled again.

"Be ready as you have just upgraded to being my fiancee," I said as he kissed me lightly again.

"I'm always ready for you, Princess." He said in a low whispering voice pulling me closer to him.

He picked me up in the bridal style and put on to the couch as we got comfortable beside each other. I put my head in his arms and started telling him all the stories which I missed telling him because of his unavailability in the past few days. I don't complain about him being away at all but it makes me worry too much when I can't reach him some of the time.

The rest of the night was spent with me ranting about lectures and projects and him telling about his adventurous stories. I even showed him the beach I chose for a destination wedding. Yes, I'm still going to have a destination wedding with just close guests.

He didn't like it when I said I won't be inviting Vandy for it. He tried to make me understand and we ended up fighting. I walked off making my way to the room and he dropped the topic accepting his defeat.

It was late at night when he snuggled in the sheets beside me. I threw a glare at him. He gave me an apologetic look. He pulled me closer holding my waist and planted soft kisses on my neck.

He exactly knows how to have his ways and I hate him for that. I gave in and pulled him closer as we spent the night being in each other's arms.

The next day was quite entertaining with just us three roaming around. I was happiest when he told me that he haven't been here ever. I showed him around a bit but I'm no tour expert like him so I have got no knowledge. I also took him to my University and told proudly about everything. He just kept on giving me an amusing smile. Cody looked happiest as well, as he ran around with us.

We then had lunch at my favorite restaurant but with Ved's favorite dishes. It was his day and I wanted to make him feel special. I still don't think he knows what he and his company mean to me and I don't think I will ever be able to explain to him the same so I'm going to use his ways from now on to make him feel about everything I feel.

The day ended fast with him around along with my Babu. That's how it always has been. No matter how much time we spend together, it never seems enough and the time flies by making hours seem like a few seconds.

I know this week will also end in a blink of an eye but I'm going to make the most of it like we always do. I don't want to miss any second I get to spend with him as it's the only time we'll get. Most days are spent apart from each other with minimum contact because of his work. He's always on the roll for his work, traveling to different parts of the world. So, time difference and network issues make it impossible for us to connect on most of the days.

It's hard actually. I mean sometimes it hurts to not have him around me and have a normal life like others. But then I think that's what makes our love story more amazing. We both are ambitious. We value our work and are passionate about it just as we are for each other. That's exactly why we are ready to go through difficulties to keep the balance.

I can't afford to lose him and I love him to death. I know he loves me too. Our love is stronger to keep us going like this forever. Whenever we meet, we make the most of it. He tries his best to be with me on all of the important dates. We travel and explore different places when he returns back. We do a lot of adventures together. I especially am getting to explore so much of this world and my surroundings with him by my side. He is always curious about everything and anything and that makes me curious as well. I have learned to look at this world with different eyes and a different vision which is quite exciting. These moments we spent together are more than enough to keep us going stronger than ever.

We fight, of course, a lot, actually. Sometimes when I am frustrated and couldn't reach him and other times when he is done with my childishness. But, we are determined to make it work no matter what. It's tough but we know it's worth it when we see each other again after months. The love we share only grows stronger every time and I can't wait to experience more of it as we go. 

After all his dandelion soul is meant to find me every time. No matter where in the world he goes, the wind will always bring him back home to me.

Like dandelions in the wind, we are living our lives to the fullest being together.

__________________________________

Author's Note

So cheers to the new beginnings. Hope you enjoyed this story as a whole.

Do let us know what you feel about the book. We would love to hear out your thoughts.

VOTE for this one time.

Tata and loads and loads of love to all of you amazing people who gave this book a chance. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

P.S. When you all want Epilogue to be out?  There is also one surprise after it and then we will be done for good. 🥺

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.7K 182 23
I love you. You love me. I hate you, you love me. I love you till the end of the universe, Your love does not end at the end of the universe. we figh...
34.2K 1.6K 32
Dedication : To all the girls out there who're looking for a men who loves in the day and fucks at the night with the same passion.... Divya...., A g...
534K 34.5K 100
5 ACE SERIES [ SECOND BOOK ] **** Have you ever thought about how far one would go for love? Curious to know then read further ---- **** She was tra...
266K 17.8K 40
"Sometime, someone come in your life, so unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise and change your life forever" ***********************************...