Shinko's Pursuit

By lunermoon10000

With his dreams shattered and his future seeming to be lost, Izuku Midoriya runs. He ran away from police cus... More

Chapter 1: The Worst Day
Chapter 2: Escape
Chapter 3: Determination
Chapter 4: Search
Chapter 5: Smile
Chapter 6: Warehouse
Chapter 7: Got a Minute
Chapter 8: Esu Akiro
Chapter 9: Phone Call
Chapter 10: Chess
Chapter 11: Breath is Valuable
Chapter 12: Letters
Chapter 14: Concerns
Chapter 15: Brother
Chapter 16: Connections and Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 17: An Ace
Chapter 18: Disaster Ends
Chapter 19: Just Some Questions
Chapter 20: Mysteries Uncovered
Chapter 21: Getting Called Out
Chapter 22: Bullets Blazing
Chapter 23: A Helping Hand
Chapter 24: Split Identities
Chapter 25: Chaos Knows No Side
Chapter 26: Kuro
Chapter 27: A Hunt
Chapter 28: The Move
Chapter 29: Prince Charming's Challenge
Chapter 30: Awkward Conversation
Chapter 31: Ojiro's Offer
Chapter 32: Violet vs Viridian
Chapter 33: Kuro II
Chapter 34: Thinking Back
Chapter 35: Casualties to War
Chapter 36: Refusal or Reluctance
Chapter 37: Father and Son
Chapter 38: A New Kind of Collar
Chapter 39: Struck Flames
Chapter 40: Struck Flames II

Chapter 13: Don't Waste Time

6.5K 276 160
By lunermoon10000

Izuku walked through the gates to UA wearing his new uniform that had come in the mail a day after the letter. He'd made sure to keep it in the box as to not get it dirty. He didn't want to make a bad impression on the first day, now did he?

Kuro and Droplet had sent him a congratulations and good luck over video call after he informed them. Droplet seemed especially smug, wearing a smile as if she knew a secret he didn't. It was the kind of smile she wears when she found dirt on someone that was so interesting it was funny. She said he'd find out once he got to UA.

He didn't know what it was until his new homeroom teacher walked through the door and addressed the class.

Damnit Droplet.

The black haired boy found it strange though, the way Eraserhead (now as he referred to as Aizawa-sensei) kept shooting him glances.

Izuku kept trying to look away through his lecture of 'time is valuable' but when Aizawa-sensei pulled out the gym uniform from a yellow sleeping bag and told them to get changed he felt his stomach drop.

He'd gained quite the collection of scars over the past few months. Villains just seem to love sharp objects. He didn't know how the other students would react when they saw him changing.

Wondering vaguely if he should ask for the winter uniform that had long sleeves, he walked to the front to collect his own. He quickly banished that thought from his head, Aizawa-sensei might think it's suspicious.

Most of the scars were on his shoulders, torso, and legs anyway. There were a few on his arms but ones that he could easily pass on as clumsiness.

Keeping to himself as he dressed, left the others behind in the locker room and was surprised to find he was the first one there. He looked around the bare dirt field just to check if he really was the first one and then saw Aizawa-sensei approaching him.

"Oh shit, I'm screwed," He thought to himself.

"Akiro, I know I said that time is valuable, and I'm glad that you took that seriously, but how did you change so quickly?" He thought he could hear what sounded like surprise but quickly got rid of the thought.

"I always change that quickly, I don't really like to waste time," It wasn't a lie, Izuku didn't like to waste his time.

His teacher raised his eyebrow slightly closing his eyes and looking away, "Please don't take offense at what we're going to be doing today. It's a Quirk evaluation test."

Izuku wasn't very surprised at that. It seemed like a thing Aizawa-sensei would do. "Don't worry, Aizawa-sensei. It's fine. I would honestly be more surprised if you didn't test them on their Quirks. But that doesn't really seem right, though." His teacher looked at him expectingly, urging him to continue. "It seems illogical to test kids on powers that they don't get to use in public with the exception of using them at home. S-So you're probably testing us on something else. Determination? Ingenuity? Motivation? Probably something like that."

Aizawa-sensei looked slightly impressed but then went back to his neutral bored expression, "Exactly. I just wanted you to know that this test wasn't meant to single you out. I saw your results of the entrance exams as well as your performance, and while it was impressive, you had a weapon then. You already figured out the point of this test so I guess I should tell you that I plan on expelling the last running student."

Izuku tried to keep his face from showing the slight fear he felt at that. Although, he'd already done his research of all the teachers at UA, Aizawa was the teacher with the highest expulsion rate at the school and he knew that something similar would happen. Though he didn't want to be expelled right on the first day.

"I don't expect you to get the last score, but if you do I can make an exception. But just this once. You're lucky you piqued my interest, I want to see how well you do. Know that if I don't see you fit later on, you won't get lucky then. Don't make me regret it," He fixed Izuku with a look of pure seriousness to make sure he understood.

Izuku gulped slightly before nodding. He wouldn't let his teacher down. He was going to prove himself.

Aizawa-sensei then went on to ask Izuku questions like "Where'd you learn to fight?" and "What have you been doing since last time we talked?". He had the vague impression that the hero was trying to learn more about him. He swallowed his nerves and answered the questions as best as he could, throwing in a few white lies and asking a few questions himself. Then he asked Izuku about the scars on his arms and he said, "I bump into a lot of things and fall over a lot, it's fine."

Not the best excuse he could come up with but Aizawa-sensei took it and moved on.

This continued until people started trickling out of the doors and up to the field, all while talking in groups, already forming cliques. The teacher looked somewhat disdainful when he saw them and looked down at his phone to check the time.

He understood what he meant. It must've taken them ten minutes to get out. That's way to much time to spend in locker rooms.

"I'm starting to think we're going to have a problem here. I meant what I said earlier: Time is valuable, don't waste it. With that being said, today we're going be having a Quirk Assessment test," He said, hiding his disappointment.

"But orientation? We're going to miss it!" The nice girl from the exams said. Izuku wondered if she knew that they weren't going to orientation at all.

"If you really want to make the big leagues, you can't waste your time on pointless ceremonies. Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions. That means I get to run my class however I see fit," Aizawa said. Did he always have to look so indifferent, Izuku wondered. Then he remembered how he always looked annoyed and pissed while chasing him across rooftops and he knew he wasn't always like that.

"You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives." He held up his phone, "But you've never got to  use your Quirks in physical exams before. The country's still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day the Ministry of Education will learn. Bakugo, you managed to get the most points with a Quirk on the Entrance Exams. You came in second with just a few less than Akiro. What was your farthest distance throw with a soft ball in Junior high?"

"Sixty seven meters, I think," He said.

Izuku looked over at him. Bakugo seemed more tame and mellow than how he used to be. The normally explosive blonde had looked deep in thought when Izuku walked through the door and stared at him along with Aizawa-sensei during the opening lecture.

"Right," Aizawa-sensei said. "Try doing it with your Quirk."

Bakugo walked up to the circle, taking the offered ball from the hero.

"Anything goes, just stay inside the circle. Go on, you're wasting our time."

Bakugo just stared at Aizawa-sensei before stretching his arm and reeling it back. He didn't say anything as he threw the ball with a fiery explosion.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities. It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero," Aizawa-sensei showed the results to the class as everyone gasped in amazement.

It was only when a girl with pink hair and skin squealed in delight did he wince in disgust, "I wanna go! That looks like fun!"

Then once another kid spoke he wanted to sink into the ground to hide his anger, "This is what I'm talking about, using our Quirks as much as we want!"

Before he could stop himself he lashed out, all the months of fighting villains in the darkness of night made him realize that being a hero wasn't just about being in the spotlight, getting thanks, and having fun. Being a hero was dangerous and sometimes got graphic. You had to put yourself in the line of fire to save lives. He grit his teeth in anger.

"Do you really think that this is all for fun?" Everyone turned to looked over at him. "That being a hero is just to use your Quirk in public and get fame and glory and a nice juicy paycheck? Hate to break it to you but if that's what you think then I suggest you find a better profession. This isn't meant to be fun! This is meant to test us on our ability and see how we can improve, because if you go out now with that mindset you'll find yourself in a situation where you couldn't save a life because you spent too much time trying to think of what to do," He scolded, his voice cracking at the end.

Visions and memories of his early times at vigilantism were pulled to the forefront of his mind. The girl he couldn't save's screams filled his ears and haunted his nightmares of the fear in her eyes as the villain slit her throat in front of him. They followed him the same way the fire did.

So much red. So much blood.

Shinko had just recently debuted in Musutafu and he was standing at the mouth of an alleyway with a look of pure horror in his eyes. A girl who couldn't be older than eighteen with orange hair had a knife to her throat as the villain behind her demanded he unmask himself or he'd kill the girl.

He didn't know what to say or do and in his seconds of hesitation, her life ended with a cut off scream, eyes still looking up at him as her body slumped to the ground. Blood spilled from her neck and the villain stepped over her.

He came over to Shinko, knife in hand and-

"Akiro!"

Izuku looked up and found he was hyperventilating, tears falling down his cheeks. Aizawa-sensei had his hands on his shoulder as he bended down to Izuku's height to look him in the eye, his face full of concern.

"Breath, nice and deep. Do it with me," He tried to follow along as best he could but it was shaken and uneven. "You're okay."

It took a good long while before he was finally breathing normally and Aizawa-sensei was satisfied, he let go of Izuku and turned his attention back to the other students who had been standing there awkwardly for the past fifteen minutes or so as he calmed down.

Izuku pushes the bad memories and trauma to the back of his mind like before, focusing his mind on the task at hand.

Taking a look around to distract himself, Izuku saw that the others were looking at him with either concern or curiosity.

His teacher's voice broke his thoughts. "Akiro is right, you have three years here to become a hero. You think it's all going to be games and playtime? Idiots. Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gage your potential. Whoever comes in last has none and will be expelled immediately." He smirked evilly.

Even though Aizawa-sensei was trying to be intimidating, Izuku couldn't help but notice the sadness behind it. There was something that made the teacher look upset. A type of longing. He brushed it to the side to the growing mental list of things to note about Eraserhead and looked around at the other students to see their reactions.

They all looked in shock and disbelief. Some looked indifferent, like they either didn't care or didn't believe it.

"Like I said; I get to decide how this class runs. Understand? If that's a problem, you can head home right now." Izuku has to fight to keep from laughing.

Then he immediately stopped because now he had to fight to not lash out again.

"You can't send one of us home! I mean, we just got here. Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair!"

Instead he spoke more calmly, "And what makes you think being a hero is fair? Natural disasters don't care if you're tired from pulling people out of rubble. Megalomaniac villains don't care if you're head hurts or you're worn out from fighting. What about catastrophic accidents that wipe out entire cities? No. There's no such thing as fair when being a hero."

Aizawa-sensei nodded in acknowledgment before adding his two bit, "It's a heroes job to try and combat that unfairness. If you want to be a pro, you're going to have to push yourself to the brink. For the next three years UA will throw one terrible hardship after another at you. So go beyond, plus ultra style. Show me it's no mistake that you're here."

And just like that, they started, Izuku's trauma still playing at the forefront of his mind.

So who here is into the Supernatural fandom? Me too:) So my friend is really into the fandom and has recently started her own book about it. We've talked over ideas for it and I really like it. She's starting to doubt herself because people aren't reading it but the book is new so obviously needs time to grow and I want to help boost it. Please at least check it out and show her some love!
merpstyle

Heyo
So I haven't been posting much on this story.
That's because I've been having a lot of really bad days and haven't been writing, plus the low number of drafts I have saved has been making it hard to post as well.
Well, here's this!
I hope you have a good day!
Should I come up with a name for you guys other than "my readers"?
Anyway, see you next week readers!
Thanks for reading!
Bye!
~Care-chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.4K 38
COVER ART DOES NOT BELONG TO ME!!! ⚠ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠ This Story Includes: - Abuse - Death - Mentions and signs of cutting - Angst ...
312K 9.9K 16
Izuku Midoriya is stuggeling from an abusive houshold. Not only that but he is also the number 1 vigilante in japan named Castiel. So one day Izuku a...
58.7K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
48.1K 1.2K 15
Izuku Midoriya has had a tough childhood. His mother abuses him, his father left when he was a baby, his childhood best friend bullies him every day...