we aren't simple - l.s

By goldenangelsun

"What are you thinking about, Hazza?" "I-" "It's alright baby take your time." "I'm scared to get it wrong."... More

AN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
chapter 66
Epilogue
Extra

Chapter 20

2.6K 89 92
By goldenangelsun

I want, I want, I want to be loved by you

Harry's POV
—————————————————

We pull up to the bar a few minutes later. They also have food thank god because we are all extremely hungry.

"I been here before." Louis says before we get out. Thank god there are no paps or fans around here.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, a few times." He says, smiling.

We get out of the car and head inside. There are quite a few people in here and they look up when they see us, but don't say anything. I'm kind of grateful. It sucks when we are just tying to hang out, people come up to us and the whole thing turns into a meet and greet.

A girls voice calls out from behind the bar. "Oi Tommo! I didn't now you were coming 'round!"

She walks over to us, she is wearing a plain v-neck black shirt and jeans. Her long blonde hair is tied into a pony tail at the top of her head. Her blue eyes are wide and excited.

"Hey Lex!" Louis calls back, she gives him an enthusiastic high five.

"Only a few times?" Niall asks. "And you know the bartender?"

"Oh wow," Lex turns and sees us all. "Uh- yeah, Tommo here has only been here a few times."

"We went to the same college." Louis explains.

"And Tommo seemed to have forgot to mention," She turn you Louis. "you know One Direction?"

All of us laugh.

"I literally ran into Louis a few weeks ago." I explain.

"Oh," a look of realization spreads across her face. "so that's why the 'saviour' looked so familiar?"

"Yeah Tommo met the rest of us today." Niall says copying Lex's nickname for Louis. "Now do you guys have food here?"

We all laugh at him and he just pouts.

"There is a table at the back so if anyone comes in you won't get mobbed." Lex says, waving for us to follow her.

We follow her through the bar, to the table. Everyone looks at us as we walk by, a few people who just stare at us with wide eyes.

I slide into the booth and Louis follows me. I put a hand on his knee under the table, just like he did earlier in the day. He smiles at the action, looking into my eyes.

We order food and chat amongst our selves while we wait. Lex comes back, giving us our food and drinks.

"So you lads going to sing tonight?" She asks. We look at each other confused. "I assume by your faces that Louis didn't tell you this bar has an open mic."

Louis looks down and his face reddens. "I also assume that he didn't tell you what happened the last time he was here."

Now we are all staring at him, genuinely curious.

"No don't say it, please." He begs.

"No I want to hear." Niall says, teasingly.

"Yeah what did Tommo do?" Zayn asks curious. I am also kind of curious.

"He sang," Lex smirks. "I had  whole crowd of people come in and just listen to him sing for twenty minutes. They kept asking him to sing more."

We all turn to look at him. He looks absolutely adorable when he is blushing. Not to mention that the glare he is sending Lex looks cute rather than intimidating.

"You never told me you could sing." I say nudging him.

"I never told you because I can't sing well."

"Absolute bullshit, you where the best singer in theatre." Lex says before leaving. "I'm going to get you to sing tonight Tommo."

"You did theatre?" I ask, smiling down at him.

"So when was the last time you lads sang for fun?" Louis says obviously changing the topic of conversation. We all laugh and dig into our food.

"You are not subtle in trying to change the topic of conversation." Niall says. He somehow has already finish his meal and is almost done his beer. "But we will let it slide just this once."

"Come to think of it lads, we haven't sung for fun in ages." Liam says.

"Oh you guys have to sing tonight." Louis says. "I think that not only will it be fun, but your admirers from across the room would definitely enjoy it."

I follow Louis' eye-line and see that he is in fact correct. There is a group of girls all giggling and looking over at us. It's strange that I didn't even notice them. My eyes have been to preoccupied with Louis this whole time I guess.

"What would we sing though?" Zayn asks.

"One of our own songs for sure." Niall says.

"Please don't say What Makes You Beautiful," Liam sighs. "I love that song but we play it too much and I don't want to get bored of it."

"I have an idea," Louis says smirking.

We all look at him expectantly. All of us are done eating, we are just talking and drinking now.

He stands up and walks over to the music system. It's literally right beside us. I am surprised that none of us noticed it's an open mic. Pretty much the whole bar is set up so that you can see it.

There are rows of booths on the sides and round tables in the centre near the front. There is also a bar, obviously, that has stools lined in front of it.

The "stage" is set up at the end of the whole bar, most likely so you can stand anywhere and seen what's happening. There are a few large speakers and a bright neon sign in a geometric shape that keeps changing colour. There are also a bunch of mic stands along the back wall.

Louis smirks at me before pressing a button on the system.

I hear the beginning notes of one of our songs. A few people look up and over at us.

"Oh god," Zayn says.

"I haven't heard this one in a while." Niall exclaims.

"Everyone loved it I wonder why they removed it from the set list." Liam says.

I happen to know exactly why. I didn't tell the lads about it though. Apparently I was being "too obvious" whenever we were performing it or something.

"Here you are baby." Louis hands me a mic.

He looks incredibly pleased with himself. I want to kiss him, whether it be on the cheek, forehead or lips. But I know we can't. Not with this many people here.

I take the mic shaking my head and laughing. I can see that a few people already have there phones out, filming us. I bring the mic up to my lips and turn to Louis, walking backwards as I start to sing.

"Give you this give you that,"

I am pointing in opposite directions for the "this" and "that". I continue making actions to go along with what I am singing.

"Blow a kiss take it back, if I look inside your brain,"

There is a small crown of people forming. Louis is sitting down again, his bottom lip captured between his teeth. The other lads are shaking their heads smiling at they get up to also get mics.

"I would find lots of things, clothes, shoes, diamond rings, stuff that's driving me insane"

I hold up my hand raising a finger as I list the things and wiggling my ring finger when I say "diamond rings". I hear Louis laugh. I turn around and walk away from him saying my hips, sing the next verse.

"You could be preoccupied,"

I turn back so I am facing him smirking. This will no doubt be all over twitter in the morning.

"different dick every night"

Louis laughs as I point to my crotch. The lads are shaking their heads at me. I shrug.

"you've just got to say the word"

I turn so I am facing the crowd, smiling.

"But you're not into them at all, you just want materials, I should know because I've heard the girls say"

The crowd is cheering and laughing. Louis is not so subtly checking me out. It's probably the alcohol I just drank, but either way I don't care that people are filming this. I am having fun. The lads join in singing.

"I want, I want, I want, but that's crazy
I want, I want, I want, but that's not me
I want, I want, I want to be loved by you"

I walk over to Louis during the last line, looking him directly in the eye. I hope he can tell that I mean what I say.

I grab his hand and pull him up to dance with us, he is shaking his head and laughing. People are cheering him on. He sighs and follows me.

"You've got everything you need
But you want accessories
Got to hold it in your hand
If I changed the world for you
I bet you wouldn't have a clue
Don't you know that I can't stand when girls say"

Liam sings his verse. We are all dancing around. Louis and I very closely, but Niall makes up for our obviousness by butting in. We keep singing.

"I want, I want, I want, but that's crazy
I want, I want, I want, but that's not me
I want, I want, I want to be loved by you"

Everyone in the bar is standing and dancing around, singing the lyrics with us. Lex is behind the bar smiling over the scene. There are phone cameras everywhere trying to capture the moment from every angle.

"Oh and all the girls say
I want, I want, I want, but that's crazy
I want, I want, I want, but that's not me
I want, I want, I want to be loved by you"

Zane sings. He looks kind of serious which make us all laugh. Niall especially hard.

"Be loved by you
I wanna
I'll stay true
I wanna
If you knew what you put me through
Would you want, you want, you want me to love you too?"

Liam steps forward singing his part after we dance around like crazy during the instrumental part. He is resting and elbow on Louis shoulder, who is glaring playfully at him. It makes me laugh.

"I want, I want, I want, but that's crazy
I want, I want, I want, but that's not me
I want, I want, I want to be loved by you"

Liam messes up Louis hair and we all start singing the last chorus. Dancing around and having so much fun. The cameras don't pay us any mind, and the earlier meeting with management forgotten.

"Oh, and all the girls say
I want, I want, I want,
but that's crazy
I want, I want, I want,
but that's not me
I want, I want, I want to be loved by you
Want to be loved by you
I want, I want, I want,
And all the girls say
I wan, I want, I want
And that's crazy
I want, I want, I want to be loved by you"

We finish the song, laughing. The people in the bar are cheering. The other lads go to sit down leaving the mics.

"Wait can you sing another one!?" Some calls out.

"All of us?" I ask, knowing that the lads will want to get another drink first.

"No just you!" Another voice shouts.

"Well," I drag out the word. I get an idea. "Only if someone joins me."

I look over at Louis, who is he is shaking his head. "No, no, no,"

The crowd cheers him on. He is sending me a playful glare. I just smirk at him.

"Come on angel, please." I whisper in his ear.

He looks a little flustered when I pull back, his face is red. He swallows.

"Fine," He sighs. Everyone cheers.

I smile at my success and go over to play the song. The intro to Rock Me starts playing and Louis shakes his head. Picking up a mic.

"I hate you." He says to me, but he is smiling so I know he doesn't mean it.

"No you don't." I say immediately.

"You're right." I can't help but smile brightly as he says this. I start singing.

"Do you remember summer '09?
Wanna go back there every night
Just can't lie, was the best time of my life
Lying on the beach as the sun blew out
Playing this guitar by the fire too loud
Oh my, my, they could never shut us down"

I look at Louis as I sing. I probably have the goofiest grin on my face. I am excited to hear his singing voice. If his speaking voice is anything to go by, it will be amazing. He takes a deep breath bringing the mic to his lips.

"I used to think that I was better alone"

I freeze. He sounds like an angel. Literally. His voice is amazing. The perfect combination of raspiness and clarity. He keeps singing. He isn't looking at me.

"Why did I ever wanna let you go?"

I look over at the boys my eyes wide, mouth hanging open. They all have similar expression on their faces. "Wow" I mouth to them. The all nod in agreement.

"Under the moonlight as we stared at the sea"

I look over at the crowd of people, they look just as shocked. Lex however is smirking at us.

"The words you whispered I will always believe"

He finishes the per-chorus finally looking at me as we sing the chorus together. And If I do say so myself our voices sound amazing together.

"I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah
I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah
I want you to hit the pedal, heavy metal, show me you care
I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah"

I sing Liams part, looking Louis in the eyes. He just stares back. Both of us are smiling widely.

"We were together, summer '09
Wanna roll back like pressing rewind
You were mine and we never said goodbye"

Louis sings the pre-chorus again, and I sing the back up vocals. Our voices are mixing together beautifully. I know that people are dancing and filming around us but non of that matters to me right now. All that matters is Louis. LouisLouisLouis.

We are walking around each other in a circle. I can't help but watch the way his body moves as he walks.

"I used to think that I was better alone (Better alone)
Why did I ever wanna let you go? (Let you go)
Under the moonlight as we stared at the sea
(Stared at the sea)
The words you whispered I will always believe"

We sing the chorus again, looking at the crowd. Watching them dance around cheerfully. Glancing at each other every once in a while.

"I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah
I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah
I want you to hit the pedal, heavy metal, show me you care
I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah"

Louis hits Zayn high note and my eyes widen as I sing the first part of the bridge.

"R-O-C-K me again,
R-O-C-K me again,
R-O-C-K me again, yeah"

Louis sings the next part. We are on other ends of the "stage". I want to be closer to him.

"I want you to R-O-C-K me again,
R-O-C-K me again,
R-O-C-K me again, yeah"

I slowly start walking towards him as I sing the chorus alone. 

"I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah
I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah"

He starts walking to me too, joining in on the chorus.

"I want you to hit the pedal, heavy metal, show me you care
I want you to rock me, rock me, rock me, yeah"

The crowd is singing the chorus with us but I can't hear them. All I can hear Louis singing Zayn's part perfectly. I can't even finish sing I also shocked. His voice is incredible. I just stand there staring at him mouth open and eyes wide.

The song ends and the crowd is cheer and still all I can do is star at him.

He is so perfect. So beautiful. His brilliant blue eyes searching mine asking silently if he was okay.

How can he not see how talented he his? How can he not see how beautiful he is?

The only thing that can come out of my mouth is "Holy shit"

—————————————————
I was dancing around to I Want and Rock Me when I wrote this chapter.

And Louis' solo in Rock Me? Like wtf it's incredible.

Also I firmly believe that Louis could sing Zayn a part in Rock Me if he tried.

Okay I'm done now.

bye ✌️👋

tpwk❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 2.9K 11
@LilSan14 asked me to write a story where Harry meets Louis often on a train and falls in love with him from the way he acts, the books he reads, and...
3.3K 363 13
I decided to write Harry's point of view of this story since his and Louis' versions of it are so different. That means I changed a bit in the first...
21.6K 814 60
"Harry, the whole world is in front of you." The younger boy nodded, then let his forehead lean to Louis'. "Yeah, you're right," he whispered. "It is...
435K 11.1K 101
💙💚 COMPLETED 💚💙 Louis is your typical fanboy, with a sporty edge. He absolutely adores Harry Styles. His Instagram page is dedicated to Harry. Ha...