A DRAGON'S JEWEL: the Ancient...

By MichelleMalan

Alythia wakes up in a strange new world which she believes she has read about somewhere and some time ago. Ma... More

Author's Note:
Chapter 1: Myth of a Country's Origin
Chapter 2: Strange New World
Chapter 3: A trip down memory lane
Chapter 4: An interesting turn of events
Chapter 5: Fateful meeting
Chapter 6: New Home
Chapter 7: a Girl's folly and a Dragon's fun
Chapter 8: Seeking Truth
Chapter 9: Uncovering Secrets
Chapter 11: Confessions
Chapter 12: The Troublesome Prince
Chapter 13: Meeting the original Heroine
Chapter 14: Avoiding a Hurricane
Chapter 15: Enemy in their midst
Chapter 16: The Prince and the Pauper
Chapter 17: Forgotten Memories
Chapter 18: A Blond Boy's Heart (part 1)
Chapter 19: A Blond Boy's Heart (part 2)
Chapter 20: The Winter Ball
Chapter 21: Inquiring about the Dark Arts
Chapter 22: Finding the Wolf
Chapter 23: Taming the Beast
Chapter 24: The blue-eyed boy's sacrifice
Chapter 25: Epilogue

Chapter 10: Birthday Bash

878 51 4
By MichelleMalan

It's been about a year since Alythia moved in with Karlyle and Kloeye.

As the reader might then assume, that means our girl's birthday is close at hand.

Well, to be precise it already occurred – yesterday.

Ah but fret not dear reader I shall no longer leave you in the dark, since there is another important matter you would do well to take note of.

Tomorrow a certain Dragon boy turns 16 as well.

In other words a party must be held for two.

You see, my curious readers – who may or may not dislike math – Alythia was born on the 11th of December, while Karlyle was born on the 13th of the same month. This year the 11th falls on a Friday, while the 13th falls on a Sunday.

In other words the best time for a party would be the day in between – the Saturday of the 12th.

Which – because of plot convenience – happens to be today.

For this very reason we presently find Alyhtia running about helping Kloeye prepare for the party.

Karlyle, however, was nowhere to be found. Apparently he went down to the market because there was something he needed to pick up – though he would not specify what.

But knowing him, it is most definitely something of utmost importance.

Now as Alythia was busily helping the servants hang the last of the decorations inside, she heard a car pull up the driveway.

"Karlyle's back" she chirped as she jumped down the chair and rushed towards the front door.

As Karlyle opened the door she hurriedly smacked her hands over his eyes. "Not yet!! We're almost done. For now I'll guide you to your room so you can get dressed for the party, but DON'T LOOK okay?"

It was hard to take her warning seriously since her tone was so very far from threatening.

Nevertheless Karlyle, who was completely caught off guard, obediently nodded his head and allowed her to lead him up the stairs while his eyes remained firmly shut.

After Alythia opened his bedroom door he quickly caught hold of her wrist before she had the chance to leave.

"Wait" he urged, pulling her towards him and wrapping his arms around her waist – securely holding her in place.

He leaned over and whispered "Now you close your eyes for a bit"

She obeyed without protest.

Karlyle rummaged in his pocket and pulled out a delicately crafted silver necklace with a tiny black diamond at its center.

She waited a few moments and opened her eyes after hearing a clicking sound – indicating that Karlyle had succeeded in fastening the chain around her neck.

He stepped back to examine her.

"It's black because... well you liked my eyes... so....what do you think?" the boy said, slightly embarrassed.

Alythia slowly brought her hand up to touch the diamond that was currently resting on her collarbone.

She looked down at it in wonder.

She had never worn any jewelry before so she felt rather blissful about it.

Alythia smiled at him sweetly and sincerely thanked him for the gift.

But just then the girl's face contorted as she felt a pang of guilt shoot through her heart.

She hadn't gotten him a present yet!! And his birthday was tomorrow!!! She's been wracking her brain for the past two week trying to think of something to get him.

'The Karnage family is low-key crazy stinking rich!! Karlyle can easily get anything that he wants himself, so what could I possibly give him that he doesn't already have??' or such had been her thoughts.

But just then a realization dawned; it's as if a marvelous idea – something inspired by the angels – was just conveniently placed within her lap.

'I could just ask him what her wants! I mean I'll have to give up the element of surprise but isn't that still better than giving him something he won't like?'

So with that genius idea in hand, Alythia bluntly asked Karlyle what present she should get him.

He gazed down in deep thought as a long silence spread through his room.

After about 5 minutes he finally responded with a single word.

"Nickname"

Alythia looked at him bewildered so he clarified.

"I want us to start using nicknames with one another, but it has to be special – in other words no one else apart from me is allowed to call you by it"

Alythia, who had now finally caught on, nodded her head in agreement.

"Okay... then Karlyle's nickname will be...... Kai" she said with a satisfied grin.

He smiled back at her.

"Tia"

Alythia giggled at how pleased the Dragon boy seemed with himself.

"Is there anything else you want though? She asked. "My present wasn't all that much, especially not if you compare it to a diamond necklace"

Karlyle stepped closer, cupping her left cheek with his right hand.

"Close your eyes one more time" he gently nudged.

Alythia obeyed but no sooner had her eyes shut than she felt something soft and moist press against her right cheek.

As her eyes opened, she stared at Karlyle thoughtfully for a brief moment before a loud gasp escaped her mouth.

"K-Kai.... w-what was that???"

"Hm? Oh, Tia doesn't know what a kiss is, then shall I demonstrate once more?" he playfully asked, while sporting a mischievous grin.

Alythia only stared at him – mouth agape but no words came out.

Karlyle looked at her in amusement before letting out a chuckle. He then slid down the hand that had cupped her cheek and gently turned her around, leading her out the door and into the hallway.

"Tia, best to go get ready for the party now – time is running out" he said before turning back to his room.

He glanced over his shoulder and added "thanks for the presents" after which the door swiftly closed behind him.

The stupefied girl stood alone for an unknown amount of time before slowly regaining her senses.

She hesitantly raised her hand, lightly brushing her right cheek with her fingertips.

She felt a slight blush creep onto her face before Kloeye's voice rang through the hallway calling her.

She then briskly turned around and rushed off to help finish all the preparations.

=========================================

The party was to start in about an hour's time.

Alythia had just gotten out of the bath.

Kloeye squealed in delight at the thought of finally having a pink haired life-sized doll to dress-up and decorate. However, after she had helped Alythia curl her hair into loose locks and lightly apply some makeup, she bolted to her room to get dressed herself as their time was almost up.

While she was out, Alythia slid into the dress Kloeye had given her as a present the day before.

It was an off-shoulder black velvet dress with a thick bowtie around its mid-section. The dress reached down to her knees – flaring out past the waist.

As she stood in front of her dresser, holding the black-diamond necklace Karlyle had given her, she suddenly heard a knock.

When she opened her bedroom door she saw Karlyle wearing a sleek white tuxedo coupled with a black bowtie.

His eyes stretched wide as soon as he caught sight of her.

Alythia felt a bit awkward under his intense gaze and quickly glanced to the side.

"Kai looks... handsome" she softly murmured.

A smile instantly replaced the boy's shocked expression.

He leaned over and whispered in her ear "Tia looks.... well.... wow"

As he pulled back he caught sight of the necklace she was still holding.

"Want me to help you put it on?" he asked, his smile growing more tender after realizing that she was planning on wearing his gift.

She nodded so he took the necklace from her hand and moved behind her.

"Tia" he said, while clicking the necklace shut "later tonight, can I claim one more prize?"

She slightly tilted her head back before asking, somewhat hesitantly, what type of prize he meant.

"Another kiss..." he answered as his hands moved past her shoulders and his fingers reached up her neck towards her face "but this time I want it here" he added, lightly gracing over her lips with his fingers.

Alythia abruptly turned around. "Ah...well...that's um...." she stuttered while slowly backing up.

But with every step she moved back, Karlyle moved forward.

Eventually she was pinned to the wall.

He placed both hands against the cold stone behind her, his arms blocking any attempted escape, as he looked down at her lips. 

"On second thought, can I claim my prize now?" he hummed while leaning in.

But just as his lips were mere inches away from hers, he stopped. 

"Can I, Tia?" he whispered, with a low and husky tone. 

His eyes glanced up and met hers to read her reaction.

Alythia's heart rate quickened.

To her it felt as if each and every beat could clearly be heard, as it echoed through the room.

However, the echoes were suddenly interrupted by another quite unexpected and unnerving sound.

"AHEM!!!", it rang.

And both teens froze on the spot.

After the blue-eyed girl, standing at the door's threshold, had gotten their attention she narrowed her eyes at Karlyle.

"Brother STOP THAT!!" she scowled, stomping towards them and yanking the bewildered pink haired damsel away from him.

She bent over Alythia protectively – like a lioness guarding her cub – gently petting the girl's head.

"You know Ally get's flustered way too easily, have you no shame??" she asked, clearly disapproving his antics.

Karlyle clicked his tongue as he straightened up and glared at his sister. 

"Killjoy" he pouted, before breathing a deep sigh and heading out the door.

Alythia however, all the while still being shielded by the tiny girl's arms, kept on thinking to herself that neither of these two siblings had any idea how to properly act their age.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
34 0 10
Have you ever tried to imagine something before going to bed? I mean, something imaginative like a story. Growing up, I read plenty of books and ofte...
7.8K 808 22
Valentina was just having a normal day that would certainly be forgotten amongst all the others on her everyday life. Until she opens a door that sho...
419 3 55
Jasmine wakes up to a whole new world she only thought existed in books and movies. Realizing she is part of a prophecy that was in the works for ove...