𝐄𝐲𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦...

By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

Jamal Inioluwa Bamidele has known pain all his life. Diagnosed of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, due to a ch... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Meeting the Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important Author's Note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38-Finale.

Chapter 22

1.5K 494 275
By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

Song for this chapter: Diamond Alan Walker ft Sophia Somajo.

Sorry for the false update earlier

Jamal's POV

I don't know for how long we stood there, hugging each other but I was done crying long ago. I just rested my head in the crook of her neck, inhaling her intoxicating scent and thinking about what I just realized.

I'm in love with Elyon.

It seemed so foreign, yet so familiar and the realization excited me as well as it terrified me. This was getting risky, for her. I was pulling her gradually into my shit and I was so attached to her now, I'd be broken if the feeling isn't mutual.

At least, tell her how you feel. That's the only way you can find out how she feels. No one will run after you like that, hug you like that, speak to you like that and not feel a fraction of love for you.

My subconscious reasoned with me and I sighed at how right my thoughts were, breathing against Elyon's neck and I felt her shudder against my arm. She pulled back slightly and she looked at her, her eyes scrutinizing.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I nodded, smiling softly.

"I'm glad I let that off my chest." I admitted and she chuckled.

"If you want to talk about it, whenever you want to talk about it, I'm right here." She told me and I grinned.

"Well, I kinda cried on your shoulder so I honestly have no choice." I teased and she laughed.

"Guys," we looked to see Somadina standing few feet away. Elyon was quick to move away and bit my lips to keep myself from smirking. Soma looked at both of us, a teasing smirk on his lips.

"What's up?" Elyon said, trying to act like she wasn't affected by anything.

"It's question and answer time. I doubt y'all want to miss this one." He said. I widened my eyes. We hugged for almost an hour. Aunt Aisha session was obviously over because it was question and answer time already.

"Damn, how long did we spend outside?" I voiced out my thoughts.

"After twelve, y'all spent a while outside. We didn't want to disturb." Somadina smirked. Elyon flushed and hurried towards the hall, side stepping Somadina. I looked at him and he was smirking at me. I chuckled.

"What?" I asked him and I began to walk towards the hall as well, Soma falling into step with me.

"Did you guys kiss?" He asked me and I shot him a look.

"Somadina!" I chided, laughing and he rose his hand in a mock surrender.

"What? It's only a question." He defended.

*****

By the time we got in, they started with anonymous questions for people that were shy to take the microphone and speak in front of everyone. Several people asked my my Mum and Aunt Aisha's number so they could speak in private. I saw that Skye had gotten down from the podium to sit with us.

"Any more questions?" The teacher that was organizing the question and answer session for us asked and someone rose their hand. I looked and grimaced when I saw who it was.

Tolani

"What does miss chlamydia want to ask now?" Vanessa asked rhetorically and we chuckled, well apart from Skye who looked like she was about to kill Tolani with her death glare.

"Beats me. Probably something that will finally cure her of her promiscuous ways." Elyon muttered and I chuckled.

"Yes Tolani, what's your question?" The teacher asked. I looked at Tolani and noticed the smirk on her lips and I frowned deeply.

She's definitely up to no good.

"I don't have a question. I actually have an opinion." She said, her voice coming off in a mock polite tone. Every where was dead silent expecting whatever bomb she was about to drop. I looked and saw my mum exchange a knowing look with me. She knew what to expect and she was ready for it.

"Yes, young lady. Let's hear it." Aunt Aisha said, smiling genuinely.

"Well, I actually feel it impossible for we ladies to say no to a good Dick." She dead panned and series of gasps broke out in the hall. Aunt Aisha's face was void of any smile and I groaned, burying my face in my palm, feeling thoroughly embarrassed that I once dated that girl.

What the did I see in her?!

"Did she really just say that?!" Somadina asked in awe and surprise.

"Why am I not surprise." I muttered.

"Excuse me, young lady. I don't think your choice of words are acceptable." Mum chided and Tolani rose her hand in a mock surrender.

"Sorry, but I'm just saying. Who knows, maybe Semilore actually kept going back to him because he was a good fuck. I mean, I for one would go..." She was cut off when someone hit the table in anger. I looked up to see Skye's face blazing red.

"Oh buzz off Tolani! Not everyone is a community slut like you!" She snapped and the whole room became silent again. Tolani looked shocked to her wits. It looked like the microphone would drop out of her hand any second but it also seemed like Skye wasn't done.

"What did you say to me?" Tolani stuttered out and Skye scoffed.

"You heard me. You go around, black lashing people when you are not even better than them, not even remotely. Of course you will think in that direction, because you go around fücking anything with a Dick. No wonder you are walking STD, it's pretty obvious." Skye dead panned and gasps were heard. I looked at my Mum and Aunt Aisha and saw the shocked expression on their face.

"Skye..." I tried to call her to at least calm down but she either ignored me or she didn't hear me. I've never seen this side of Skye before, she was always the collected on, the calm one. Tolani must have done something.

"If at all you don't want to listen or take an advice on how to control your licking vagina then get the fuck out of the hall!" Skye's hand  pointed to the door.

"Iyin!" My mum's controlling voice called and Skye looked at her, heaving, breathing heavily. "Outside, now!" She ordered and Skye walked outside. I sighed. Mum picked up the microphone and smiled to the perplexed audience.

"I'm sorry for my daughter's behavior. She's not always like that. Thank you everyone for having us. If you have more questions, you have our numbers, give us a call." Mum concluded and everyone clapped, still whispering among themselves about what just happened. Mum and Aunt Aisha went out of the hall and the hall broke into a murmur. Gist filled the air very fast.

...Mehn, Skye was pissed off o!...

...Tolani had it coming anyway. Ashewo oshi...

...Skye never looses her shit. Tolani must have done something...

...Tolani is always doing something. She's a Bitch...

The words were enough to make me loose my own shit. Elyon's fingers laced in between mine and I looked at her.

"Breath..." She told me and I took a deep breath and exhaled. "It will pass." She whispered and I nodded, not finding my words.

*****

About thirty minutes later, the gist hasn't died down and people were dispersing to their classes, just a handful of us left in the hall. My mum must have gone but I didn't see Skye come back into the room. Mateo had come to join us, talking about something I wasn't paying attention to. My gaze was on Tolani was suddenly acted like she wasn't just embarrassed half an hour ago. It infuriated me how insensitive a person could be. I wanted nothing more but to walk to her and shout her down.

And I did just that.

"Be right back guys." I told them and they looked at me in confusion. I stood up and walked towards Tolani.

"Jamal, don't." I heard Elyon's voice but didn't heed. I kept walking until I got to her and gently shoved her to gain her attention. She looked at me and rolled her eyes. I'm pretty sure we had already gathered the attention of everyone in the hall because the hall was quiet.

"What do you want? Are you here to finish what your nut case sister started?" She smirked deviously and I clenched my fist, reminding myself that she was a lady and I don't hit ladies.

"First of all, don't you ever talk shit about my sister or it won't end well for you. Second of all, how are you insensitive?! How Dare you talk about Semilore like that?! The girl is dead and for once, I thought you would at least think about someone other than yourself." I snapped and she scoffed.

"Oh please, spare me the sermon." She snapped back before laughing deviously, wandering what she had up her sleeve this time. "King of drama himself. Always putting up a panic attack show just to draw pity to himself." She dead panned and I let out a humourless laugh.

"Wow! I can't imagine I actually liked you at some point in my life." I said and she shrugged, smirking.

"What can I say, I give a pretty good blow job." She ran are index through her lips seductively. I felt a hand claps around mine and I looked behind to see Elyon looking at me through pleading eyes.

"Let's go." She whispered pleadingly.

"Awwww, look at the new girlfriend. I'm pretty sure you are teaching her everything I taught you." She smirked suggestively. I made to lunge forward but Elyon held my hand tighter.

"Ignore her. Let's go, please." She pleaded and I sighed, throwing one death glare at Tolani.

"You are disgusting." I said and allowed Elyon to pull me away.

"And you are pathetic." Her voice called after me but I didn't stop walking, I wasn't going to give her that satisfaction that she got to me because she did. She seemed unsatisfied because her next words did the trick. "Your entire family is pathetic. " I stopped short.

"Oh shit." Mateo muttered but I ignored him, turning around to face Tolani who had a satisfied grin on her lips. I removed my hand from Elyon's. My blood was boiling at it hottest right now and it took all my will power to stay rooted at a spot.

"What did you just say?!" I asked her, praying that she doesn't repeat her statement, for her own sake. Instead, she shrugged.

"The truth is bitter sweet heart. I mean, why else would you have brought your mum here to talk about her sob unrealistic story. Please, if anything, I'm pretty sure she was begging to be..."

She didn't just insinuate what I think she was insinuating. My heart rate had spiked and I was breathing erratically. Somadina was quick to to hold me down.

"Tolani, shut the fuck up!!" Mateo snapped at her.

"Or else what?! If it's paining him like that then I definitely said the truth. Also, I don't believe you had an accident with your grandfather. Who knows, maybe you killed him and his ghost keeps haunting you, making you crazy." She said.

I began to hyperventilate as flash backs came, this time different from the last. This time conjured to fit Tolani's words. I screamed, growling like a wounded animal.

Not again. No, not again. I was happening again. I could feel an episode coming.

"Shut up!" I growled out and she laughed deviously, turning around to walk out, looking fulfilled". I wanted to go after her but Mateo held me back. "Let go off me." I snapped at him.

"We need to get you out of here." He told me and nodded at Somadina. They both took me out of the hall, away from everyone's scrutinizing gaze.

They sat me outside but it didn't help at all
My heart bit spiked a notch again and my lungs felt like it was about to explode from lack of air. I was gasping for breath but I couldn't find a clean air.

I can't find a clean air.

"Fuck, fuck!!" I faintly heard Mateo cuss as he unbuttoned my shirt and removed it totally.

"What the hell is going on?!" Elyon screamed as she also knelt beside me. I felt her hand on my face and I tried to speak but I couldn't.

"What the fuck does it look like, he's having a panic attack!" Mateo snapped back at her. Through my blurred vision I couldn't see Somadina but I could see Vanessa screaming for everyone who came out to watch the show to get back in.

"Jamal...Please don't close you eyes. Stay with me!" I faintly heard Elyon's shaky voice as she cupped my cheeks. I wanted to talk, wanted to tell her not to cry but pain shot through my lung and I groaned.

"Did you find it?" I heard Mateo ask Somadina.

"The diazepam injection isn't in his bag. I doubt he brought it to school." Somadina replied and I heard Mateo cuss again. I was beginning to loose my consciousness.

"Noo, don't close your eyes! Look at me." Elyon's voice clouded my thoughts and I willed myself, struggled to keep my eyes open.

"I...didn't...kill...him..." I stuttered, my voice coming out in pants. My vision was blurry but I knew it was Elyon in front of me and I wanted to desperately assure her that I didn't kill my grandfather.

"I know... You are no killer." She whispered to me. I felt something wet on my face and I knew I was crying.

"I...can't breath." I stuttered out again and I felt her hand on the back of my neck, drawing my head closer.

"Listen to the sound of my voice, just my voice, okay." She told me and I nodded.

Just her voice...

"Breath in..." She instructed softly and I followed her breathing technique, taking a soft breath of fresh air in.

That feels nice...

"Out..." She instructed again and I breathed out. She took me through that procedure almost twenty times before my lungs didn't feel congested anymore. It was beginning to have space and I could breath freely now. My vision began to clear.

"Good." She whispered softly and I nodded. "Now, tell me what you see. Mention four things that you can see, okay?" She instructed again and I looked around, trying to adjust my eyes to the light.

"My bag..." I pointed to my bag which was on the floor. She nodded urging me to continue.

"Somadina having Vanessa's hand in a death grip." I forced out and they chuckled, letting out a sigh of relief as well. Elyon let out a snotty laugher

"Mateo..." I looked at my best friend and he gave me a small smile. A splitting headache washed over me and I shook my head with a groan.

"It's okay, just one more thing okay..." Her soothing voice enveloped me and I looked at her. She still had her hand behind my neck and she was so close to me. In that moment, I didn't see any other person.

Just her.

"You..." I whispered and she looked at me. "I see you." I added softly and her lips stretched in a small smile.

"That's it. You are okay..." She leaned in and touched her forehead with me, whispering to me. I sighed, bringing my hand to her face as well.

For once, I didn't need my Diazepam injection to keep me steady. She did it without breaking a Sweat.

Gosh, I love this girl.

"What happened?" Skye's panicked voice shot through us and Elyon moved away as Skye knelt beside me, inspecting me. "Someone came to call me that you had a panic attack." She looked up at Mateo for an explanation.

"Tolani said some really mean things about your family, in front of everyone." She replied and I sighed, not finding the strength to talk about it.

"What?!" Skye's face contoured in anger.

"She talked about mum's rape accident and said we were pathetic." I revealed. Skye stood up abruptly. I knew what was to come but I didn't bother stopping it. Tolani deserved everything coming at her.

"Skye..." Mateo chided.

"Omo ye n ti te!" (That girl is in trouble) Skye simply said and walked away, Mateo running behind her.

"Let's get you to the health centre." Elyon said and with Somadina's help, I was taken to the health centre to rest.

*****

Mateo's POV

I tried to catch up to Skye but she was hella fast. I kept calling her to wait but she didn't even hear me. This was the first time I'd see Skye so pissed off and I was scared, of her but I had to stop her from doing something foolish.

We got to the science class and she looked around before her eyes landed on Tolani. Her nose flared and she walked up to her. The class was pretty crowded and Tolani didn't see her coming at all.

"You fücking bitch." Skye growled out, picking Tolani by her braids. Tolani yelped in pain and tried to claw Skye's hand off her hair buy Skye had a death grip on it.

"Skye, calm down." I said but she ignored me. Her lips came close to Tolani hair to whisper but she made sure every heard.

"You talked shit about my family, ehn. O ma tun so!" She snapped in Yoruba, throwing Tolani's head and hit it hard on the table. Tolani screamed as she fell to the floor and I winced as I swore I heard a crack. Everyone gasped and no one dared to stop them.

Skye wasn't done. She pounced on Tolani and began to beat the shit out of her. She slapped Tolani severally, not giving her a space to even fight back at all. I saw the blood on Tolani's  head and her bruised face and rushed to Skye, wrapping my arm around her middle and pulling her off Tolani.

"Leave me alone!" The struggled but I didn't. Tolani made to stand up but Skye used me carrying her as an opportunity. She lifted both her legs and kicked Tolani right in the face, sending Tolani head first to the floor. Tolani screamed in agony as she couldn't even stand up again. Skye releases herself from ms.

"In your Godforsaken life! Never talk about my family again or I will end you. That is a promise." Skye swore and walked out of the class, knocking my shoulder with hers. I followed her out. She was still mad at me.

"Skye..." I called and she turned abruptly, shutting me up.

"Don't you dare call my name!" She snapped at me and I stopped short.

"Skye, really. We have to talk about this. I'm sorry." I don't know why I was apologizing but I found myself doing that. She scoffed and I saw tears in her eyes, making me frown. Skye has always been strong.

What did I do wrong?

"Of course you are sorry. You are always sorry. Yet you end up being with girls that don't give shit about you, just to satisfy your fucking urges, hurting every other person that cares about you." She said but I only grew more confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her and she scoffed again.

"Just forget about it." She said and walked away, fueling my confusion and curiosity.

What the fuck just happened?

******

Jamal's POV

My parents heard what happened in school with Skye and Tolani and didn't take it an likely. Tolani's parents threatened to sue but Mum didn't take that, telling the woman to be more focused on training her daughter how to speak than trying to fight an already lost battle.

Skye was grounded and she had her phone taken away. She didn't care actually, so far Tolani had the scars on her face for life, that would teach her how to talk. I on the other was asked to stay at home for a week because of my health. I hated it because it was boring but everyday after school, Elyon would come by to check up on me.

I've been thinking of ways to tell her about my feelings but no time has been good. I hope I get lucky today because It was already Friday and it was the start of mid term break. Elyon and I had a visual art project to work on. Right now, I was setting up the gallery and was waiting for her to get back from Skye's room where she went to change.

I was arranging the gouache paint on the top cabinet which my dad helped me fix lately so I would have more room. I heard the door open and close, indicating Elyon was already here. I kept arranging the gouache.

"I like the top cabinet idea. It's makes the room extremely spacious." I heard her say from behind me. I chuckled.

"Yeah, my dad thought it was also a good..." I turned around and my breath caught in my throat immediately my eyes landed on her.

Good Lord!

She was in a baggy long-sleeved tee that fell off her right shoulder, showing off her smooth skin. My eyes travelled on their own down to her legs. Her long, flawless, exposed legs. It looked like she wasn't wearing anything under her tee but she was. I gulped audibly as my eyes travelled back up to her face. She had a nervous look on her face and ran her finger through her loose hair.

This girl wee kee me ooo!!! I think I'm having a cardiac arrest.

"Damn..." I muttered.

"What? Too much?" She asked, looking self conscious. I smirked, coming closer to her, unconsciously running my tongue through my lower lip. I could see her eyes follow the movement and I almost groaned.

If only she knew what she was doing to me.

"Has anyone ever told you, you have really hot legs." I whispered and she bit her lips, trying to hide her smile but that simple gesture set a fire in me.

Dear Lord...

"Really..." She had a flirty look on her face, moving closer to me and touching my chest and I knew I was a goner. I gulped again and her eyes went to my Adam apple which bulbed as I gulped.

"Maybe you will tell me more about my hot legs..." She trailed off, tiptoeing to my eye level. She looked into my eyes, moving her head closer. I watched her intently, registering her every move. Her lips traced against my cheeks and I felt myself shudder involuntarily. When her lips touched my earlobe, I cussed.

"...after we are done with our project." She dead panned, smirking as she moved away from me and walked past me to my work table. I groaned in frustration, hearing her chuckle in spite of myself

Damn, she's good. She got you good. My subconscious mocked me and I groaned again.

"And you think you'll make heaven like that, ehn?" I asked her, walking to where she was. Trying to busy myself with arranging everything we needed, trying to calm my racing heart.

"I didn't do anything." She pouted, looking so innocent I actually almost believed her.

Which kain jazz be this?!

"I hate you." I muttered and she only laughed.

"No you don't." She winked at me and I found myself smirking.

No I don't

We began to work, gisting and snacking at the same time. Half way into the work, I realized that my pastel paint had almost finished which meant I needed to use the gouache I had already arranged on the top cabinet.

"Let me get it for you." Elyon removed the apron she had in and walked to the cabinet.

"You might not be a able to reach it." I removed my own apron and turned around to seen her tiptoeing, trying to get the paint from the top cabinet. I watched as she kept trying to get it, her legs getting my exposed in the process.

This is not good for my heart at all.

"Do you want me to carry you?" I teased and she shot me a glare.

"You could have asked that thirty seconds ago." She said. I chuckled and ran my tongue through my lips again, getting a thought. I came to her front and she looked at me with a furrowed eyebrow.

"Try not to scream." I whispered and that got her more confused.

I didn't let her comprehend what I said before I crouched down a bit, wrapped my hands around the back of knee and lifted her up against my body in one swift motion. She yelped and covered her mouth quickly, shooting me a glare. I laughed and positioned my hand in a more comfortable position, which happened to be just under her butt.

"Now you are tall enough to get the gouache." I smirked at her and she rolled her eyes in response, getting the gouache and the palette.

"You can put me down now." She said and I chuckled again, before trying to bring her down without her falling. There was no way I could have done that without her body sliding over mine and that was what happened.

She held unto my shoulder as I brought her down, her body sliding against my mine, my hand unconsciously moving from under her butt to her waist. By the time she got down, her body was pressed ever so tightly against mine and my hand rested on her waist protectively with her hand resting on my shoulder. Our face was close, too close.

I didn't see that coming.

I tried to look at her face for any sign of tease or flirting but I couldn't see any. She was looking so serious and it excited me in weird ways. There was no way we could ignore this one like we always did. The chemistry was so tense and the atmosphere was hot. I could feel the heat radiating from her body and it only made me want her even more.

"I....uhm." She stuttered and I just kept looking at her. "Here." She pushed the paint between us trying to put a distance between and I let go off her waist. She stepped back, looking so flushed. I took the gouache from her not breaking eye contact. She looked away, shy before walking back to walk table.

No. Not today.

I dropped the gouache on a stool and took Elyon's hands, pulling her so she was facing me and backing the work table. She gasped and fisted my singlet vest to steady herself  from falling.

I gently pushed her against the table, trapping her between it and my self. I placed both my hands on either sides of her, completely trapping her. She looked at me, her eyes holding too much emotions, it was terrifying and exciting, a bittersweet feeling. I tried not to push myself against her too tight, but her body was flushed against mine and her palm on my chest didn't make but any easier to keep my hand off her. I looked at her, angling my face closer to her.

"You are never this tensed when you are close to me." I told her and she exhaled, obviously trying to calm her racing her that I could feel thumping loudly against my chest.

"This is different." She whispered, placing her lip in between her teeth, a nervous gesture which did nothing but fuel the fire in me.

"Really..." I whispered back, moving closer to her. She didn't stop me, her eyes watched me instead, calculating. "How different?" I asked and she gave a small smile.

"You know what I mean, Jamal." She muttered and I saw her eyes flicker to my lips then back to my face.

"What's going on in your head?" I asked and she looked away. I took my right hand and placed it gently on her chin, turning her face to look at me. I didn't take it off, instead traced it behind her neck, to cup her face. "You can tell me." I whispered and she smiled a bit.

"I'm asking myself if you are going to kiss me." She unconsciously pushed herself against me and I almost cussed as her body did things to me, made me feel things I've never felt. I moved closer, titling my head and lowering it to hers. Her head followed my lead, moving closer to mine as well.

"Do you want me to kiss you, Elyon?" I asked, her name rolling off my tongue like sweet molten lava.

"Yeah..." She muttered, nodding slowly but eagerly. I chuckled, brushing my lips slightly against her, taking my time. I felt her shudder against me as her eyes fluttered close and I sighed in bliss at the effect I had on her.

"That's good then..." I murmured huskily.

"...because I've been dying to kiss you." I said, leaning in completely...

....and pressed my lips against hers.

A/N
Before you kill me, I am going to continue the kiss scene in the next chapter. I've exceeded my word count beyond measures and I can't go to 5k words.

You know me and kiss scenes. I don't rush them, I take my time. So expect something very very detailed in the next chapter. You know I don't disappoint sha 🌚🌚🌚. But I still need your views on the pre kiss scene.

Tolani stepped on the lion's tail!!!! Med!! Skye treated her fuck up fa!!! Mateo sef is too clueless for my own good.

This chapter was pretty intense for me to write, you'd agree that there was too much tension.

Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote. I'll see y'all soon with the epic kiss!! Chao! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 25.1K 37
A Nigerian Teen-Fiction. Zaria Coker had every reason to be called perfect; Straight As, awesome friends, and a face that can make anyone bend to her...
175K 6.9K 50
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other
33.6K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
314K 8.3K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘢𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.