Come Rain or Shine

By molkkangmolkkang

Mina pursues a career as vocal teacher and trainer at universities and entertainment agencies, she's a workin... More

Hey there!
A long story short
Burn bridges
Once in a blue moon
Well begun is half done
Breaking the ice
Hang in there
It ain't over till the fat lady sings
On cloud nine
Bite the bullet
Best thing since sliced bread
Break a leg
A piece of cake
Through thick and thin
We see eye to eye
A dime a dozen
Picture is worth 1000 words
Face the music
Add insult to injury
Make hay while the sun shines
Easy does it
Get out of hand
Breaking ground
Better late than never
Get something off chest
Sweet nothings
Over the hill
So far so good
There are clouds on the horizon
Fortune favours the bold
It takes two to tango
Weather the storm
Out of the frying pan and into the fire
The elephant in the room
Shape up or ship out
On thin ice
Intermezzo - Q & A Session
Wild goose chase
Throw caution to the wind
It's raining cats and dogs
Get into deep water
Second bite of the cherry
In mint condition
Sticky end
Head in the clouds
Let the dust settle
Twist someone's arm
Devil's advocate
Every cloud has a silver lining
Sail close to the wind
Crack under pressure
A blessing in disguise
Come rain or shine
Curtain call
Thank you!

Once bitten, twice shy

2.3K 136 29
By molkkangmolkkang

Chaeyoung arrives in Dahyun's building. After living at the hotel for the past days, she will move to her third floor.

"So, this is our recording studio, all mastering, mixing, composing would happen here" Dahyun gave Chaeyoung a tour to her office floor. Dahyun showed her spacious office as well and bragged to Chaeyoung about it.

"Should we go to your room then?"

"Okay, let's!" Said Chaeyoung.

The fourth floor is so pretty, decorated with a big glass window where you could see the hilly view from the top floor. It's calming, it's perfect for Son Chaeyoung.

"This is so nice, are you sure you would want to move back and kick me out later?"

"Well, I might do that, since it's my favorite spot. LOL, I'm kidding. So, we got no room left for you at the office, so I made your office space here as well. I know you, you wouldn't sleep while doing your music, so it's a good deal when you wrote something in your room and your bed is just across this workspace right?"

"You know me well, Dahyun-ah, it's perfect"

"So, if you want to grab a coffee just go downstairs, Eunwoo would gladly serve it for you. We have an employee discount"

"Ah, by the way, I haven't seen your husband"

"He went to the market, you could see him anytime soon"

"Alright"

"Just go unpack your things and just rest for a while"

"Oh, I can't. We have a meeting at two in JYPE, remember?"

"Ah shit, I forgot. My legal team already gave me the contract. Okay then, let's meet downstairs perhaps at 1? Just chill out a bit"

"Okay"

Dahyun left Chaeyoung in the room. Chaeyoung then opens the big window, she could see the downhill and could see the mountain as well from this view. It was quiet, reserved, and calm for her. Dahyun prepared the room for her. In the middle of the room, Dahyun put a synth and keyboard for her, she got her a computer as well, equipped with speakers and audio mixer and audio-related software Chaeyoung usually used. Dahyun prepared a guitar stand, so Chaeyoung could put her guitar there.

Chaeyoung opens up her luggage, and stores her clothes in the cabinet. She opens her guitar case, she only brought her acoustic guitar to Korea, she put it where Dahyun put the guitar stand. She grabs a photo frame from her luggage, her photo, and Jisung, places it on her desk, just beside her computer. She stored her music sheets to its place as well.

She just sits there, in her chair, she nods to herself, knowing that everything is perfect for her works now. She then turns the chair facing the big window and just staring at them.

Still can't believe that she's finally here again, back in South Korea, doing what she should do in the beginning. It's been a long time since she saw the Namsan Tower, and now she could see it every day from her room. She smiled to herself but then she drowned her face down.

Someone popped out in her mind.

Not popped out.

Maybe she's always been in her mind.

Minari.

Feels like fate is playing their game to both of them. 15 years after she left the country, 15 years without any contact at all, they happened to meet again in Seattle. Out of any places in Seattle, they met at this one particular bar, their favorite bar.

Then a year after that, Chaeyoung didn't have any intention to track her down when she decided to go to Korea, but they met again in the JYPE building. And now they needed to face each other again often. It just didn't make any sense to Chaeyoung, why the universe even let her meet her again after all this time, and the circumstances here are just too fucked up. Chaeyoung can't avoid it, she just needs to face it whatever it is.

At 1 pm, she went downstairs to meet Dahyun at the coffee shop. Dahyun's there sitting at the back with her husband.

"Oh my God, finally I could meet you, Son Chaeyoung. Dahyun won't shut when she talks about you. I am Cha Eunwoo, Dahyun's husband"

Chaeyoung smiled "Nice to finally meet you, Eunwoo-ssi"

"If you need anything, please just come downstairs, okay? Don't hesitate"

"Okay"

Eunwoo is the coffee shop owner. He owns 3 coffee shops in Seoul, and years ago decided to build one by seeing the space of Dahyun's building. They fell in love there.

"Alright, Babe, I am going," Dahyun said to her husband.

"Okay, break a leg, you two!"

They went to JYPE building after that to meet Bang Chan and his team. They arrived at the building. Though Chaeyoung wants to avoid her feelings, she can't help but feeling nervous every time she's near that building. She's kind of afraid of meeting Mina, cause her heart would drop in an instant.

"So, Chaeyoung-ssi, are you sure you wouldn't want to just join JYP Publishing then, it's our last offer," Bang Chan said, still pursuing her to go to his company.

"I am sorry, Sunbae. I am honored to get an offer from you, but I made the promise a while ago to this girl" Chaeyoung whispered to Bang Chan while saying the last sentence. Not quite enough to even let Dahyun hear.

"YA! So, you're forced to join mine then?" Dahyun said in a sulky tone.

Chan and Chaeyoung just laughed.

"I understand, I understand. We always asked Music Factory to send their works to us as well, we're essentially a 'sister' company right, Kim PD-nim?"

Dahyun finally laughs, "Yeah, right. I always lend you our best producers, Bang PD-nim"

"Okay then, let's settle the paperwork. As stated there, Chaeyoung from Music Factory would be involved in any Yuna's music from now on. Hope this would bring a very good result"

Chaeyoung and Dahyun signed the contract.

"So, welcome Chaeyoung-ssi to JYPE. You are entitled to use every facility here"

Chaeyoung smiles, "Cool, I am excited to see your famous canteen, we only served coffee at Music Factory, you know"

Chaeyoung teased Dahyun again.

They all laughed.

Chan gave them a tour of the company. Dahyun was there often, Dahyun also sometimes helping JYP Publishing. They went to every floor, Chan proudly showed Chaeyoung the recording and mixing room she would use in the future. It is all well equipped. As expected from the biggest entertainment agency in Korea. Then they went to the vocal practice floor. They walked alley to alley to see the room. Chaeyoung could see from the window, there's this one room occupied with people.

"Oh, come here. It's our senior group here having a practice"

Chan knocked on the door and opened it.

"Hello, guys!" Chan greeted them.

Inside there are these 9 people, 7 of them must be the idols because the other two are Jihyo and Mina. Chaeyoung's heart dropped in an instant.

Mina saw her, and could just take a deep breath. She's just standing from her keyboard seat

"SON CHAENG!" Jihyo is immediately going for her and hugs her.

"Long long long time no see, Son Chaeyoung!" Jihyo said it.

Mina just stood there in the room.

"You all know that Shin Yuna is joining our company right?" Chan said to the room.

"Yes" All of them answered together.

"So, meet Son Chaeyoung a.k.a ddalgiberry, she's Yuna's producer" All of them bowed at her, Chaeyoung too.

"She's so talented, so be nice of her, maybe you'll get a song from her as well," Chan said it jokingly.

"Welcome to JYPE, Son Chaeyoung!" Jihyo said it.

"Thanks, Jihyo Eonnie"

"Alright, let's get back to practice, kids" Mina shouted and sat back while bowing to them.

Chan closed the door.

Mina is focused on playing her keyboard again to teach the vocal lesson to the kids.

Mina knows that she's bothered by Chaeyoung's present. Not that kind of bothered, but she's just guarding her heart not to easily fall and hurt because of her again for the umpteenth time. The past year was hard for Mina, post-meeting Chaeyoung in Seattle, Mina continued to lead her life, but no matter how she tried, she couldn't get Chaeyoung outside her mind. She hates her, to remember what she did in the past, and how good it was their short encounter, complicate things around Mina. She misses her, but she can't forgive her for what she did. Perhaps she already forgave her years ago but seeing her again brings back those heartfelt feelings.

Mina didn't blame Chaeyoung for what happened. She didn't know either, but it's easier for Mina to find a perfect someone to blame. And she could only blame Chaeyoung.

Mina is on the rooftop, her perfect spot, her favorite place no one knows about. She went there and lit her cigarette, didn't realize that someone is already here to have a smoke.

The person turns to her, Mina could only continue and face her. She can't avoid it. She can't constantly run from her.

"Oh, I am sorry" Chaeyoung is about to put off her cigarette, but Mina stops it.

"Don't, just continue" Mina said.

Mina then joins her on the bench.

"We can't avoid each other, you'll be working here often anyway" Mina continued while burning her cigarette.

Chaeyoung could only stare. This woman would never touch a cigarette or whatever it is that could ruin her voice before. She even watched her diet, she set her sleep pattern. But right now she is smoking a cigarette.

"I am sorry, Mina for what I said the other day. I didn't mean to be that way. I was shocked, and I didn't think before I spoke. I am so sorry, really. I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable, this is your workplace, I............"

"Stop it, Son Chaeyoung, I know you didn't mean that" Mina smirk.

"I heard you didn't join the company and chose the small label instead, are you that uncomfortable around me?" Mina said jokingly, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Well, it's not like that, but my old friend owns the label, she's one of the few people that................" Chaeyoung tried to explain but she got Mina laughed instead.

"Oh relax, Chaeyoung. I am just kidding"

By that Chaeyoung's heart is at ease.

"Well, to be honest, I wanted to join JYP Publishing so badly. But right now, it's good to be under Music Factory"

"Yeah, Kim Dahyun is the best person on that field, to be honest"

"Oh, you know her?"

"Of course, she made songs for our kids, she's the best"

"And her husband, wow he's hot, don't you think?" She added

"Eunwoo? Indeed. I was so shocked to finally meet him, I thought he's a doll or something, he's so freaking gorgeous"

Both laugh at the same time. And then there was silence again.

"Let's be comfortable, Chaeyoung-ah. I am sorry as well for what I said the other day. I mean, I already put everything behind me, let's just focus on things in the future, shall we?"

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath, and just feels thankful upon her statement. She nods to Mina.

"Thank you, Minari"

"So, engaged huh?" Mina shot the question.

Chaeyoung could only reply to the question with a smile.

"Well, she proposed to me"

"Whoa, are you bragging about that? I mean, you let a 24 years old girl proposed to you, things haven't changed, you're still a coward"

"YA MYOUI MINA!" Chaeyoung is sulky.

"I am kidding, I am kidding" Mina is smirking.

"To be honest, I don't know where we're headed. Well, as you can see, she's going to have a debut here. People already find out that she's a bisexual, she's pretty open. But, if people found out that she's dating her producer, whoa that would be a mess here"

"I know, I think she would like to keep that area in private, right?"

"Right"

"She's nice. She's lovely, she has a great voice, she's unique as well. You're so lucky, Chaeng"

Mina said it. Chaeyoung could only laugh bitterly.

"Yeah, I know. But, I don't know, she'll get tired of me someday perhaps" Chaeyoung lowers her voice for the last sentence, saying that to herself.

"I am sorry?"

"Nevermind" Chaeyoung laughs.

"Anyway, where do you live?" Mina asked.

"At the Music Factory building"

"Such a dedicated person. Living at the office?"

"Oh not like that, Dahyun has free space at the top of her building. She used to live there, I rented the place. It was nice"

"Oh, I thought......."

Chaeyoung laughs. Her phone is buzzing. Chaeyoung checks it.

"Well, it's nice to have a conversation with you Minari. I should be going"

Mina nods.

"I guess see you around?" Chaeyoung said.

"Yeah, see ya"

By that Chaeyoung exited the rooftop. Mina could only laugh to herself. When it comes to Chaeyoung, she has a weak heart. But, it's her way to accept the reality. The reality where Chaeyoung is now here again, around her, and it's something she can't avoid. She thanks herself that she's able to accept her reality.

Deep down inside, Mina also knows that it's good to see her back again.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 2.6K 14
Their life after Twice would be so much different. What could possibly happen when they meet again at the age of late 30? After splitting for nearly...
202K 6.9K 30
When the demure transfer student, Son Chaeyoung comes across a senior of hers that makes her absolutely whipped. How long would it take for her to...
24.7K 603 20
"You and that Jeongyeon, what are you playing at?" "Exactly what it looks like, we are dating now" "Then what the fuck are we?! Just last Saturday...
85.6K 3.1K 50
Myoi Sharon Mina. The girl who has evrything. Beauty, brains, luxuries... you name it. She is respected by all because of her confidence and kindness...