BROKEN/ ROSE(on hold)

By ladyc15

Hazel finally has a good life after years of abuse in the hands of her step dad,but for a young girl who is b... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
THANKS
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
THANKS
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
thanks
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
A/N
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
NOT AN UPDATE
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHARACTER LIST
CHAPTER 24
sorry not an update
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26: PART 1
CHAPTER 26: PART 2
CHAPTER 27
A\N
Chapter 28
Deleted chapter
CHAPTER 29
Bonus 1
Bonus 2
Authors note
Valdez/Miller children
Bonus 3
Bonus 4
Bonus 5
Bonus 6
Bonus 7
New Book
Bonus 8
Not an update sorry
Bonus 9
Bonus 10
yay
SEQUEL
sorry😩
Book Alert!
Authors note: Book alert
NEW BOOK
Author's note
It's the author again
Book Collab
Book edit
SPIN OFF?
Broken spin off
ROSE
Rose - Chapter 2
Rose- chapter 3
Rose: Chapter 4
Rose- Chapter 5
Rose-Chapter 6
Rose - Chapter 7

CHAPTER 4

33.6K 677 65
By ladyc15

School finally ended instead of going home I decided to tour the city. It was reasonably big from the signs I saw around. I saw a pack so I decided to sit at a bench and have the sandwich, soon done I just sat there staring and thinking of nothing in particular. I could hear the chirping of birds, but this particular one was of distress, then I noticed a small bird under the slide with an eagle gaining on it, it felt like me backed into a corner with James nearing on me then suddenly the mother bird swooped down making the eagle to fly away as she picked her baby up. I wished I had a mother or savior to save me from my distress. With a sigh I stood up and started my walk home.

The house looked empty as I neared it so I circled it to ensure no one was around before entering it. I walked quietly to my room, but as I reached for the handle I heard the shower running and James voice, I quickly turned back and fast walked to the kitchen. I decide to leave but then my eyes caught some files on the table they were job applications, I flipped through them, I scanned through one and when I reached the conditions one said you must have at least one child in school. I wasn't surprised I knew there was something selfish behind the whole scheme. James started shouting and his voice came closer so I turned and fled the house. I kept running till I was a street away. I stopped to catch my breath while looking around to know where I was. I felt lost so I walked until I came to the nearest bus stop. Garden estate was a 30-minute walk; I was there in 20 minutes running most of the time. The estate was so large with so many tall buildings. I felt intimidated but I went forward, Simon's house was somewhat away from the rest, with a well-kept lawn and large iron gate.

I walked past the gate, up the marble stairs and to the massive iron door. I knocked once softly but no one answered so I knocked harder, this time a lady in a green pinafore answered. Her hair was tied up in a bun, she looked like a maid.

'hello dear, how can I help you?'

'I'm Hazel, here to see Simon Valdez' she smiled quickly and let me in. the front had a gold charladies and some chairs, there was a glass door covering some area and large marble stairs that led up, I could guess where the kitchen was because of the sound of pots and the aroma of cooking. We heard footsteps and from the glass door emerged a boy, he looked about 20 with blonde hair and blue eyes, he was freakishly tall dressed in a black hoodie. The maid bowed and walked out. He walked towards me and I tensed.

'hi I'm Alan, you must be hazel' I nodded, my hair and hoodie covering most of my face 'okay, come this way Simon will be down in a few and if he causes trouble do tell me' he led me past the glass door into a room, it smelt kinda old. It had many couches, a fireplace, bookshelves and many pictures on the wall.

'make yourself at home, be back in a sec' he said before leaving. I dropped my bag on one of the couches and walked towards the bookshelf. I'd made a list of all the books I wanted to read, and almost all of them sat there accumulating dust from over the years. I couldn't take them because that'll be stealing and I didn't have the courage to ask. Next I went to the pictures, there were so many of them, I could spot Simon in some and Alan also. As I moved the pictures grew older until I came to a corner there stood a picture of my mother. I just stared at it shocked, mentally asking myself what she was doing here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 506 24
Rosabella was placed in her mother's custody after her parents divorced. Her mother was soon lured by her lover into alcohol and drugs she was never...
1.1M 23.9K 73
8 year old Alessia never had the best life. From being taken away from her family at a very young age to being diagnosed with cancer while dealing w...
18K 1.4K 53
In a world dominated by six overprotective older brothers, Hazel shines as a brilliant and strong young girl. With boundless dreams in her heart and...
243K 11.2K 71
Just when Maya thought it was possible to outrun her past, he caught up with her once more. Maya's uncle had been on the run ever since that terrible...