Valerie's Contractor ||Comple...

By Annyink

He placed his palms on both sides of my cheek, and caressed my face ever so gently. Gazing into my coffee bro... More

Flickers
Sparks
Café au lait
Platonic
En route
Alan's place
Not so platonic
La féminin grace boutique
The reunion
A kiss or two.
Heck! not those chests again!
Plummeted
I knew I never liked that chick
TV remote control
Mails!!!
Pop corns and late night movies
The Tayos Crib
Alan's Family
Am I good enough?
Grandma's 90th birthday
Stars of the night sky
Rooftop Lounge
The unexpected reaction
The Decision
A/N

No calls?

329 80 12
By Annyink

The event of how his soft lips gently caressed mine, kept itself on replay in my mind's eye. All along I always thought Alan's good looks were trouble, but little did I know that his lips were lethal. It was like a weapon of mass destruction which had a paradoxical touch of tranquility iced on it. How could his lips feel so delicate, yet wreck such a catastrophic effect on my senses? I could barely think straight anymore. It felt as if my thoughts now entirely revolved around Alan. Right now I could still feel his lips on mine.

"Your steaming hot cup of coffee ma'am." The waiter's baritone voice interrupted my deep thoughts. When I looked up at him, for a few seconds there, my eyes visualized an image of Alan as the waiter. I had to blink twice and get my brains on track. Was I also day-dreaming now?

The rich aroma of the hot cup of coffee he placed in front of me, made me recognize the brand effortlessly. "Valhalla Java Ground Coffee?" I asked the waiter, just to confirm.

"The one and only." He said, with that touch of confidence waiters always had whenever they realized they had satisfied a customer with their services. I gave him a sweet half-smile, then said. "Thanks." The young waiter in his early twenties nodded and took his leave.

The hotel cafe was really nice. Actually, wherever they served good coffee was always pleasant to me. I can still remember how I enjoyed my coffee life in Italy, each morning of my vacation there, was blessed with a shot of espresso. Italians sure do know how to brew a perfect espresso shot. Valhalla Java Ground Coffee was another coffee brand that was rare to find, but definitely worth the search. It was ranked as the 3rd Best Coffee Brand In The World recently. I seized the cup and took a sip, and as usual, it met my appetite. But why was it that as satisfying as this cup of coffee was, it just couldn't quench this refurbished burning appetite I had for Alan?

I checked my phone almost every single minute to see if there was a message from him or maybe a missed call. This had suddenly become a habit for me these past three days after the reunion. A beep sound came from my phone and immediately I abandoned my beloved cup of coffee, with high hopes that this message was from him. But no, to my zenithal disappointment, it was an alert from my bank. I sighed a little and pushed my phone aside. Then resumed my coffee sipping session.

Above the rim of the red coffee cup, I could see a young couple playing love. The guy was tickling the lady playfully and at the same time whispering some things into her ear which made her giggle profusely. I peeped at them for some seconds. Then I wondered why it suddenly felt as if the whole world was filled with adorable love birds.

I looked at the coffee-brown color clock hanging on the light brown wall which made a tick-tock sound at intervals. The time was 7:50 AM. Why hadn't he called? Should I call him? No, no. It would seem as if I missed his presence. Or maybe I should just call and inquire about the stage my project had gotten to? That was a good excuse to reach out to him. I picked up my phone and dialed his number, before it could ring, I quickly cut the call and kept my phone on the table. The last time I saw him, our lips ended up in a flaming lip lock, that I consented to. Wouldn't talking to him feel all awkward now? I thought.

My phone beeped again. This time I reluctantly picked up the phone from the table. But when I saw it was a message from Alan. I sat up and hurriedly opened the message, which read:

Hi, Ms Okofu. I am done with restoring the roof of the mansion. We have completed one of the bedrooms, but the remaining 8 rooms and every other part of the house are yet to be completed. We are running out of materials, so I thought it would be wise to inform you about that. So, on that note, I would like you to meet up with me at the mansion by 10:00 AM, so that we can go get some materials in order for the project to progress.

This message was my perfect excuse to see him. I gulped the remaining content in the cup and got on my feet. I returned to my room, then changed my outfit to something sexier. I wore an army green denim trouser with a white body clinging V-neck top that exposed a little cleavage. I tucked in the top and belted up, this always made my hips and slender legs pronounced, so feminine. I sat in front of the mirror for like 10 minutes, throwing on some light makeup.

When I was done, I stood up and did a quick 360 turn on my tippy toes. "Wahoo" I muttered as I admired my reflection in the mirror. I looked so chic! My cute feet found a home in my carton colour boots. Then I launched my shades. Y'all shouldn't get me wrong, I wasn't tryna tempt somebody's son... I guess.

I wore an alluring cologne to seal the deal. Then quickly grabbed my keys, and took my leave.

En route to the mansion. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact, that he addressed me as "Ms. Okofu" in his text message.

****************************************************************************************
When I arrived at the mansion, I was really impressed by what I saw. The new roof had been replaced and those broken walls were taken up. Alan and his crew were really really doing some great job here.

But what astounded me more was the sight I just beheld. Mr. Tayo descending the steps in a navy blue bumper jacket, and as usual a muscle hugging black T-shirt within. He wore expensive-looking blue jeans and dark boots to go. The morning sun glittered on his dark shades. His composure and proud masculinity got me drooling mentally. I had to remind myself that he was my contractor, cuz he looked like a hot model. For goodness sake! A contractor shouldn't be this hot?!

Once he caught sight of me, a lopsided grin slowly surfaced on his lips. What was on his mind? I thought. Was he wondering why I dressed to please? Was he thinking about the kiss we shared? Cuz that was what occupied my mind space right now.

"Ms. Valerie Okofu" He said, as he approached me. He halted in his tracks when he was a bit close to me, then took off his shades and assessed me from head to toe with that intensity his eyes always had in them. Chills ran through me. He seemed to appreciate what he saw, but he didn't say anything about it.

"So, this is the list of materials we would need." He dipped his right hand in his back pocket, and brought out his short black notebook, turned over some pages, then stopped at one that had a neatly written list of materials. He handed over the notebook to me to have a better look at it.

"15 buckets of satin paint, 20 buckets of marble paint, and 5 buckets of gloss paint." I read aloud. Then looked up at him.

"Yeah. It's almost the stage for painting the interior part of the mansion." He said.

"Yeah. I can tell from this list."  I said. "You would be needing more Plaster Of Paris too?"

"Oh, yes we would, at least 100 bags for now. Some parts of it would be used to screed the walls after the first layer of plastering with cement. I also intend on making the POP ceilings very very sold, in order to avoid moist that might ensue in the near future, due to rain, air conditioning, and all that." He elucidated.

Listening to the way he explained everything adequately and the proactive measures he intended on putting in place, just gave me all the confidence I needed in him. This project was definitely going to be a success. "So, I guess we should take our leave then?" I asked.

"Of course. We are gonna take my Hilux though, because of all the heavy materials we would be buying. I guess three rounds to and fro would be able to transport all the materials to this site." He assured.

We got into the neat red Toyota Hilux pick-up Jeep that he usually used for work. Then zoomed out of the compound.

******************************************************************************************

Alan gave me the opportunity to pick the colours of paint. "I would love two of the rooms to be painted pink and the other blue, just in case the new owners have little boys and girls." I said, smiling to myself.

"Sure, that's noted. You are still very passionate about kids." He said.

"Of course, I am. I love family." I said, looking into his eyes, which held my gaze for some seconds. After the kiss we shared, it felt as if our souls could communicate easily without even having to use words.

Ringgg!!!!

His phone rang. "Hold on, let me take this call please." He said, putting up a finger. "Shalewa, what's up?" He said to the person at the other end of the call. Why did my ears suddenly arise when I heard he was talking to a female? Was I jealous of this yet to be known caller? Is it possible that he was already in a relationship but didn't want to spill, cuz he was probably having fun with me? I frowned at that thought.

"Sure, sure thing. I would call you back when I am less busy. Alright, I love you." Oh damn what now?! Like R-E-A-L-L-Y????? Did I just hear him rightly? He just told his girlfriend he loves her in my presence? So who was I in this picture? A mere date he could just share a passionate lip-lock with for no reason? Oh God, I felt so foolish now. Pamela, Pamela, what have you done? This must have been the reason why he didn't call.

I felt really uncomfortable now. 10 years, what was I expecting? that he was actually gonna cross his arms and wait for me? Hmmm, Maybe the whole chemistry I felt at the reunion was just a result of Alan's incredible acting skills. Maybe it was all in my head. Besides, he signed a contract to renovate my building, not my heart.

"Okay then. Bye." He said, then cut the call and restored his attention to me. "So you were saying?" He asked.

"I want to leave now." I said, with a straight face.

The ride back to the mansion was quite a calm one. I could count the number of words we shared on one hand. I kept looking through the vehicle window glass, in order to conceal my current demeanor from him.

When we arrived. He came down and opened my door for me to step out. Why was he still holding on to this act? I couldn't hide my rage anymore. Immediately I set my feet on the ground, I jabbed my index finger at his hard chest then accused him in a voice that was a little bit louder than my usual pitch.

"How dare you think you can mess with my feelings this way? Like why didn't you call me after the reunion? And why did you have to take me as your date when you already have a girlfriend? I need answers now, Mr. Alan Tayo."

A/N

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Does Mr. Alan have a secret girlfriend? 😲😲😲 Why didn't he call Valerie after the romantic moment they shared at the reunion??? 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ This Alan guy is filled with a lot of mysteries don't you think?

Well, uncover all of these in the chapters you are yet to read on 🌹 Valerie's Contractor.🌹

Please don't forget to vote ☑️ comment 💬 and share.

Can you keep a secret 🤫🤐👇🔏

I love you all, my beloved readers ❤😻🥰

************<<<<<*******
Glossary

None😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 7.3K 39
"I dare you to kiss the girl on your right." The girl on the right. . . my sleep deprived mind made out sluggishly. Girl on the right, it repeated ag...
21.5K 3.1K 60
She felt his warm palm on her wrist and at once she was facing him. Without warning, his lips engulfed hers, setting her on fire just like she did h...
936K 27.6K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
115K 15.7K 48
"Okay. What's your favourite food?" "It will be you after we get married, but for now It's anything you give me to eat." He deadpanned. Tseju almost...